PDA

View Full Version : Kneeling smith squats, anyone??

Nmowery
06-13-16, 9:09 pm
So...I was getting in a squat session today, and in trying to troubleshoot my weak-ass form, I figured out that I'm suffering from weak hips and poor glute activation. In trying to think of what accessory lifts might help, I remembered this Instagram vid I saw a while back...

https://instagram.com/p/BBP1adSmGfc/

Now...I'll admit these look ridiculous to watch - especially depending on the person, lol - but I'll be goddamned if my posterior chain isn't wrecked right now! Taking all quads out of the equation and moving the weight with all ass and hammies is a son of a bitch. Not sure if anyone on here has messed with these, but I think I'll stick with them for a bit and see if they get me the results I'm hoping for...

BCent
06-14-16, 9:04 am
never done these, but definitely have done a LOT of hip thrusts for posterior chain

P Diesel
06-14-16, 11:24 am
sissy squats

P

Nmowery
06-14-16, 1:08 pm
Fuckin feel like a sissy today...hips and glutes are wrecked!

Followed those up with some hack squats with reps starting out at the bottom...deadly combo

Rex
06-15-16, 10:42 am
Since I have a key to my gym, I might give those a try when the gym is closed... Haha

Aggression
06-15-16, 12:34 pm
I have never tried those. But I've done weighted hyper extensions, hip thrusts, glute bridges, and rope pull-throughs (also band pull throughs). One of my favorite is doing a Good Morning-esque variation on a power squat machine. Fries me up.