PDA

View Full Version : JRNY's Journey Back

JRNY2FIT
06-17-16, 2:30 pm
I am back....... Back in the gym, back with my fuck the world attitude, back in my element, and back to basics. For to long I have been out of the gym, and focused on work, work, and work, all the while not realizing that the reason I had to focus so hard on work was because I was not in the gym. Today marks the 3rd week for me back in the gym and my habit has formed. I have been so motivated by reading the stories and post on this site that I feel right at home. I feel that the best way to stay focused on my journey is to log it here and keep track of everything. So lets start with my stats, as I have gained 50 lbs in the last 3 years and stopped working out. At 27 I have lost my way and just recently found it. So here we go:

Height: 5'9
Weight: 245
BF: 23%
Goal: Transform and put on lean mass while keeping cardio high to cut fat

Diet:

Breakfast: 4 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 whole wheat English muffin
Snack: 35g whey protein shake with 1/2 c strawberry 1/2 cup blueberry
Lunch: 6 oz lean meat, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 c rice
Pre WO: 6 oz lean meat, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup rice
Post WO: 35g whey protein, 1 scoop dextrose
Dinner: 8oz lean meat, 1 large salad with 0 cal dressing
Bed: 4oz cottage cheese

Workouts:

Workouts are 15-18 reps with a suitable weight for failure at that range and I will post them daily

Appleton.Cory
06-17-16, 2:33 pm
Welcome back to the grind! GET IT!

JRNY2FIT
06-18-16, 9:26 am
Alright so here we go with another Saturday workout. I am training with a friend who is getting ready for the Branch Warren Classic and Saturday is a full body workout day. We will do 2 lifts with 3 sets of 20-30 for each body part. This is one of my favorite workouts because you leave the gym feeling like you worked every single muscle in you body. This is not a lets get a pump for the beach and done workout, it is a hardcore full body workout that really feels to me like it gets my metabolism going. I always have the best weight loss in the 2 days following the full body workout. That said here we go:

Calves: Raises standing, raises seated
Quads: Extentions seated, extentions standing
Hams: Curls seated, curls lying
Back: Seated rows, lat pulldowns
Chest: DB bench, flys
Shoulders: Raises front, raises side
Tris: Triceps pushdown, overhead press
Bis: Machine lying curls, standing form curls
Traps: Shrugs

JRNY2FIT
06-19-16, 11:44 am
Today was a great morning workout. 4:30 am on a Sunday in the gym and it was basically just my workout partner, myself, and the weights in the gym. No one else getting up early to do work. We did an intense biceps and triceps workout, thoughtfully named "Armageddon" and here it is:

All Supersets

Biceps cable curl & Triceps pushdown 6x30, 2x15, 2x5
Biceps wide grip & overhead triceps 2x30, 2x20, 2x10
Biceps close grip & triceps kick back 2x30, 2x20, 4x10 (may have been overkill)

Single Lifts

Close grip bench 5x15
Machine Curls 3x30
Machine extensions 6x20
Dips 3x10 (still working on getting these reps up)

Diet was on point and I am down about 12 lbs from starting back in the gym. Starting Weight:257 Current Weight: 245

JRNY2FIT
06-20-16, 6:46 pm
Today was back day, and based on how I feel already it was a good day. 30 min of warm up cardio followed by this hellish workout:

Rows 4x30
Bent over rows 5x10
Lawnmower pulls 10x5
Lat pulldown 5x30
Reverse flys 5x10
Lying reverse flys 3x10
Hammer strength 45 degree pulls 5x10
Deadlifts 5x5 3x7 2x10 1x20

Diet was on point today. I had 3 rice cakes before the workout and felt amazing, first real carbs I have had in 6 days.

JRNY2FIT
06-21-16, 9:35 pm
So today I ended up leaving early for Dallas, and getting to my hotel around 4. The shitty hotel I am at this week does not have a functioning piece of equipment in its alleged gym. That said I walked the stairs up and down for 30 min of cardio and decided to take an off day from training. Tomorrow will be chest at the closest gym I can find, and I am going to kill it. Diet was touch and go today on the road. I avoided fast food but did not have enough food to prep, so I had 4 shakes and 2 whole food meals. Feeling good actually and may go to 3 and 3 moving forward. That is al