PDA

View Full Version : Back To the Stage

Pages : [1] 2

J.Halladay
06-22-16, 1:34 pm
Sitting at 3 days out from my first show in 2 years. Excited, nervous, anxious, hungry, TIRED...I will be doing Garden States on Saturday in an attempt to re-qualify for USAs this July. If i feel like i bring a package that will be a threat on the national stage, i will be going right back into prep mode on Sunday for another 5 weeks and will do USAs - if i am not happy with the package that i bring this weekend, i will be shutting it down for the year - BUT the plan is to kill it this weekend and carry some momentum over to USAs prep. I have had some very productive time off, really hammering my back and legs (teamed up with Meadows in the off season) two of my biggest weaknesses. I am excited to get on stage this weekend and see what the final results look like. I will be posting pics, workouts, and my diet here. Feel free to follow along, and ask away!

Today my diet looks like this:

Glutes/Low back + Abs + 30 mins Cardio

Meal 1:
16oz Whites
8oz Red Potato

Meal 2:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 3:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 4:
8oz tilapia
3/4c Cream of rice

IMMEDIATE PRE- 3 RKT’s (yes i still get Rice Krispy Treats some days :) )

**TRAIN Chest + Bi’s + 20 mins HIIT

PWO:
8oz Skinny Beef
1c Jasmine Rice + 1 MUFFIN

Meal 5:
8oz tilapia
6oz red potato

Meal 6:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 7:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Tomorrow looks like this - so far...:

(SODIUM CUT FROM ALL MEALS)

30 mins LISS Cardio

Meal 1:
20oz whites
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 2:
12oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 3:
12oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 4:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

30 mins PRE PUMP- 10oz Café Bustello coffee

IMMEDIATE PRE BODY PUMP—3 RKT’s

PUMP WORKOUT + 20 mins Posing

Meal 5:
8oz Skinny Beef
3/4c Jasmine Rice

Meal 6:
12oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 7:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

C.Coronato
06-27-16, 12:55 pm
here we go!

SMuncey
06-27-16, 2:14 pm
Sitting at 3 days out from my first show in 2 years. Excited, nervous, anxious, hungry, TIRED...I will be doing Garden States on Saturday in an attempt to re-qualify for USAs this July. If i feel like i bring a package that will be a threat on the national stage, i will be going right back into prep mode on Sunday for another 5 weeks and will do USAs - if i am not happy with the package that i bring this weekend, i will be shutting it down for the year - BUT the plan is to kill it this weekend and carry some momentum over to USAs prep. I have had some very productive time off, really hammering my back and legs (teamed up with Meadows in the off season) two of my biggest weaknesses. I am excited to get on stage this weekend and see what the final results look like. I will be posting pics, workouts, and my diet here. Feel free to follow along, and ask away!

Today my diet looks like this:

Glutes/Low back + Abs + 30 mins Cardio

Meal 1:
16oz Whites
8oz Red Potato

Meal 2:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 3:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 4:
8oz tilapia
3/4c Cream of rice

IMMEDIATE PRE- 3 RKT’s (yes i still get Rice Krispy Treats some days :) )

**TRAIN Chest + Bi’s + 20 mins HIIT

PWO:
8oz Skinny Beef
1c Jasmine Rice + 1 MUFFIN

Meal 5:
8oz tilapia
6oz red potato

Meal 6:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 7:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Tomorrow looks like this - so far...:

(SODIUM CUT FROM ALL MEALS)

30 mins LISS Cardio

Meal 1:
20oz whites
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 2:
12oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 3:
12oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 4:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

30 mins PRE PUMP- 10oz Café Bustello coffee

IMMEDIATE PRE BODY PUMP—3 RKT’s

PUMP WORKOUT + 20 mins Posing

Meal 5:
8oz Skinny Beef
3/4c Jasmine Rice

Meal 6:
12oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 7:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Congrats on the overall brother, you earned that!

G Diesel
06-27-16, 2:17 pm
Incredible showing, my brother. Just starting to get a sense of your potential.

Keep pushing man.

Peace, G

naturalguy
06-27-16, 3:53 pm
My man fifty grand!

J.Halladay
06-27-16, 4:01 pm
here we go!

Yes sir! Trying to follow in my main mans footsteps - 1st show an overall, 2nd show a big top 5 finish. Back on the grind today, no days left behind.

J.Halladay
06-27-16, 4:02 pm
Congrats on the overall brother, you earned that!

thank you brother! it was (is) a pretty awesome feeling.

J.Halladay
06-27-16, 4:03 pm
Incredible showing, my brother. Just starting to get a sense of your potential.

Keep pushing man.

Peace, G

Thank you my brother. Pushing now harder than ever - this is when you find out what youre really made of.

J.Halladay
06-27-16, 4:03 pm
My man fifty grand!

My mannnnnn

J.Halladay
06-27-16, 4:12 pm
Ended up with the overall at Garden States this weekend - what a cool feeling! Ive won my class before, but never an overall - man is it motivating. I got back from Garden States around 2:30 sunday morning, slept in a little, then right back on the treadmil and got to work. Got 5 weeks to bring a better package than i did this weekend. Hope to come in a few lbs heavier, and just as tight, if not tighter. Ill be updating along the way! Thanks as always for all the support from the Universal squad.

deanna7272
06-27-16, 5:38 pm
Ended up with the overall at Garden States this weekend - what a cool feeling! Ive won my class before, but never an overall - man is it motivating. I got back from Garden States around 2:30 sunday morning, slept in a little, then right back on the treadmil and got to work. Got 5 weeks to bring a better package than i did this weekend. Hope to come in a few lbs heavier, and just as tight, if not tighter. Ill be updating along the way! Thanks as always for all the support from the Universal squad.

Congrats Josh!!! I saw that you wetr doing the GS and I happened to travel to the NJ ABC at GARDEN STATE BARBELL...lol That's kinda close, right?? Haha Congrats again in your overall, and best of luck in 5 weeks!!!

J.Halladay
06-28-16, 11:31 am
Congrats Josh!!! I saw that you wetr doing the GS and I happened to travel to the NJ ABC at GARDEN STATE BARBELL...lol That's kinda close, right?? Haha Congrats again in your overall, and best of luck in 5 weeks!!!

thank you!

J.Halladay
06-28-16, 11:35 am
1 week bulk, 4 week cut for USAs - here is my diet this week, its absurd....

Meal 1:
12oz Whites (drink or cook)
3 Whole Eggs
1/3c cream of rice
1 Bagel

Meal 2:
10oz lean protein
1c Jasmine Rice OR 8oz Red potato

Meal 3:
10oz lean red meat
1c Jasmine Rice OR 8oz red potato

Meal 4:
8oz lean protein source
3/4c Cream of rice OR 2c Jasmine rice

IMMEDIATE PRE—3 RKT’s + 1 Poptart Pastry

Intra- 2 scoops Carb Plus + 5g Leucine

***TRAIN PLUS 20 mins HIIT CARDIO (10 rower/10 stairs)

PWO:
8oz lean protein OR 16oz whites
1 DD Muffin + 12oz Red Potato

Meal 5:
10oz Flank Steak
1.5c Jasmine rice

Meal 6:
16oz whites
1c Oatmeal

Aggression
06-28-16, 12:48 pm
Saw a few pictures. You look good, my man. Congrats. And best of luck pushing into the USAs.

G Diesel
06-28-16, 1:05 pm

Meal 1:
3 Whole Eggs
1/3c cream of rice
1 Bagel

Meal 2:
10oz lean protein

Meal 3:
10oz lean red meat

Meal 4:
8oz lean protein source

PWO:

Meal 5:
10oz Flank Steak
1.5c Jasmine rice

Meal 6:
16oz whites
1c Oatmeal

Holy shit that is CRAZY. Awesome.

Peace, G

J.Halladay
06-28-16, 1:47 pm
Holy shit that is CRAZY. Awesome.

Peace, G

only a real man would appreciate this - which is why i knew you would appreciate this.

J.Halladay
06-28-16, 1:48 pm
Saw a few pictures. You look good, my man. Congrats. And best of luck pushing into the USAs.

ah, thank you my brother. USAs is going to be loaded with talent, excited to see how it shapes up.

P Diesel
06-28-16, 1:55 pm
yo brother ... i know how long this road has been for u. really happy for u man, u should be proud.

P

J.Halladay
06-28-16, 4:30 pm
yo brother ... i know how long this road has been for u. really happy for u man, u should be proud.

P

thanks P, means a lot to me.

C.Coronato
06-29-16, 9:43 am

Meal 1:
3 Whole Eggs
1/3c cream of rice
1 Bagel

Meal 2:
10oz lean protein

Meal 3:
10oz lean red meat

Meal 4:
8oz lean protein source

PWO:

Meal 5:
10oz Flank Steak
1.5c Jasmine rice

Meal 6:
16oz whites
1c Oatmeal

Thats like heaven. As long as your muffie isnt stale

J.Halladay
07-13-16, 12:13 pm
16 days out from USAs. Feeling like i got hit by a truck, but body is responding well, which is all that matters at this point. Weight is very high for me, around 229ish. I have always had issues holding weight the last two weeks of prep, so im excited to see if i can maintin this weight until the show - but at the end of the day all that really matters is the look that i bring, not the scale (even though when the scale and the look match, its that much more rewarding). Diet has been the same for the last 10 days, my guess is it will probably stay the same until next monday, then we will start some carb cycling/depletion. This is what the diet currently looks like on my High day (which is legs and back day) the only difference between my high and low day are meal 3, meal 4 and meal 5 all have about 25g more carbs in them:

Wake: ABS + Glutes + Low back + 10 mins Battle Ropes + 10 mins medicine ball throw n chase’s

Meal 1: 16oz Whites (drink or cook) + 1/3c cream of rice

Meal 2: 12oz chicken + Cucumber Or Asparagus

Meal 3: 10oz lean red meat + 1c Jasmine Rice OR 8oz red potato

Meal 4: 8oz chicken + 2c Jasmine rice

IMMEDIATE PRE—3 RKT’s

Intra- 60g carbo plus

***TRAIN PLUS*** 10 mins Battle Ropes + 10 mins medicine ball throw n chase’s OR Hammer/Tire slams

PWO: 8oz lean protein OR 16oz whites OR 2 scoops Isolate +1 DD Muffin + 8oz Red Potato

Meal 5: 5oz Flank Steak + 5oz Lean protein + Cucumber Or Asparagus

Meal 6: 16oz whites + Cucumber Or Asparagus

Aggression
07-13-16, 1:10 pm
I like the type of cardio used. I just did some battle ropes today, for the first time. What type of time scheme are you using for that?

J.Halladay
07-13-16, 2:47 pm
I like the type of cardio used. I just did some battle ropes today, for the first time. What type of time scheme are you using for that?

So ive always lost my leg size (the very little that i have) with typical cardio (steps, treadmill, elpit, etc) so my trainer had me switch to the battle ropes, rowers, and the medicine ball throw and chase a few weeks ago. It took me about 2 weeks to build my stamina up on the battle ropes, but right now i am getting though all 10 mins straight. I am doing alternating arms, arms together, circles out, circles in, then slams as long as i can with each one - i usually last 1-2 mins then switch the motion, do another 60-75 seconds, switch the motion. i feel like this is getting my arms, back and shoulders SUPER pealed....

C.Coronato
07-13-16, 2:53 pm
so ive always lost my leg size (the very little that i have) with typical cardio (steps, treadmill, elpit, etc) so my trainer had me switch to the battle ropes, rowers, and the medicine ball throw and chase a few weeks ago. It took me about 2 weeks to build my stamina up on the battle ropes, but right now i am getting though all 10 mins straight. I am doing alternating arms, arms together, circles out, circles in, then slams as long as i can with each one - i usually last 1-2 mins then switch the motion, do another 60-75 seconds, switch the motion. I feel like this is getting my arms, back and shoulders super pealed....

lets go.

J.Halladay
07-15-16, 3:00 pm
2 weeks out today, sitting at 226 in the morning. 2 weeks out from garden states i was 215 in the morning - ill take it :)

J.Halladay
07-18-16, 3:05 pm
Today will be the last heavy leg day before USAs - will have most likely 2 more volume ham days (been doing hams 3 times a week since garden states) and one more volume quad day, but today is the last heavy day. Energy is gone, but motivation is high. Ready to kill this last full week and leave nothing behind.

G Diesel
07-18-16, 5:17 pm
Inspiring to witness your progress, my brother. Finish this thing strong.

Peace, G

J.Halladay
07-19-16, 1:39 pm
Inspiring to witness your progress, my brother. Finish this thing strong.

Peace, G

Thank you brother - it means a lot to me, especially coming from someone i have so much respect for. Your words always help get me to that next level.

C.Coronato
07-19-16, 1:46 pm
Couple more weeks

J.Halladay
07-25-16, 10:46 am
Sitting 4 days out now. Got a nice load day today, after no carbs for 2.5 days. After the load today we deplete Tues, Wed and thrusday most of the day then start adding carbs back in Thursday mid/late afternoon. Today should be fun, pop tarts, muffins, sushi, and rice krispy treats :) this is what diet looks like today:

** 20 MINS HARD POSING

Meal 1:
16oz Whites
1/2c Cream of rice
1 Bagel

Meal 2:
10oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

Meal 3:
8oz tilapia
2c Jasmine Rice OR 16oz Red Potato

Meal 4:
8oz tilapia
1/2c Cream of rice + 1 pack poptarts

IMMEDIATE PRE- 4 RKT’s + espresso

INTRA—2 Scoops Carb Plus

**TRAIN Back + Hams **

PWO:
5 Sushi Tuna Rolls+ 2 DD MUFFIN’s

Meal 5:
8oz Skinny Beef
16oz Red Potato OR 2c Jasmine rice
+ 10 mins POSING

Meal 6:
12oz tilapia
1/3 Cucumber

J.Halladay
01-10-17, 8:34 am
10 days away from the official start to my off-season, Jan 20th, and i am ready to sling some weights again. Currently, this is the diet that i have been following:

Meal 1: 12oz whites, 3 whole eggs, 1/4c cream of rice

Meal 2: 8oz lean protein, greens

Meal 3: 8oz lean protein, 3/4c Quinoa or Oats

Meal 4: 2 scoops Iso, 1/2c cream of rice, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil

Meal 5 - 7ox lean protein, 2c jasmine rice, 4oz pineapple

Meal 6 - 7oz Flank, 4oz Avocado, greens

Meal 7 - 8oz lean protein or 16oz whites or 60g iso

I will be changing this up as soon as I start my off-season, and will post up the new diet at that time. Ready to rock 2017, lets go!

Appleton.Cory
01-10-17, 9:05 am
10 days away from the official start to my off-season, Jan 20th

I will be changing this up as soon as I start my off-season, and will post up the new diet at that time. Ready to rock 2017, lets go!

Looking forward to the post season progress. Interested in your off season diet. I'm not training for a show or anything, and I'm an amature lifter at best, but I'm always looking for ways to improve. Still trying to add more mass while leaning out as best I can.

C.Coronato
01-10-17, 9:23 am
10 days away from the official start to my off-season, Jan 20th

Big year!

J.Halladay
01-10-17, 3:09 pm
Looking forward to the post season progress. Interested in your off season diet. I'm not training for a show or anything, and I'm an amature lifter at best, but I'm always looking for ways to improve. Still trying to add more mass while leaning out as best I can.

Thats my goal this year brother, adding as much lean mass as possible, staying pretty tight the whole time. I am over the days of eating my face off to end up gaining 2-3 lbs of stage weight - going about it a different way this year, keeping it clean, but keeping cals up and trying to push good weight - i will keep everyone posted on the forum here on my progress this year!

J.Halladay
01-10-17, 3:10 pm
Big year!

Yes sir! Whats the CC gameplan for 2017?!?!

C.Coronato
01-10-17, 3:45 pm
Yes sir! Whats the CC gameplan for 2017?!?!

Nationals. Im coming.

npcdusty
01-10-17, 3:46 pm
They better watch out TreeTrunks is coming.....

Nationals. Im coming.

J.Halladay
01-11-17, 12:36 pm
Nationals. Im coming.

See you there, and most likely the same weight class?! Aw mannnn things gonna get funnnnn!!

C.Coronato
01-11-17, 12:54 pm
See you there, and most likely the same weight class?! Aw mannnn things gonna get funnnnn!!

I have ONE person on my mind to beat.

Yes, my goal is Heavies ..

Fe-MD
01-16-17, 8:18 am
10 days away from the official start to my off-season, Jan 20th, and i am ready to sling some weights again. Currently, this is the diet that i have been following:

Eagerly awaiting the new offseason diet post!

Fe-MD
01-16-17, 11:28 am

Do you not use any aminos, creatine, glutamine, citrulline, agmatine, etc intra with your carbo plus (or even pre)?

J.Halladay
01-17-17, 10:07 am
Do you not use any aminos, creatine, glutamine, citrulline, agmatine, etc intra with your carbo plus (or even pre)?

i do brother - my intra looks like this: 2-3 scoops of carbo plus, 2 scoops of juiced aminos, 5g leucine, 2g agmatine

J.Halladay
01-24-17, 11:29 am
Been dealing with some nagging back pain, which has turned into some nagging neck pain - never have had issues with back or neck, so this is all new to me, but WOW does it suck! Pushing through it, training around it, hoping to see it subside here soon - prob will wait another week and if its no better get it checked out - hoping for the best as i start my offseason here this week!!

Appleton.Cory
01-24-17, 11:31 am
Been dealing with some nagging back pain, which has turned into some nagging neck pain - never have had issues with back or neck, so this is all new to me, but WOW does it suck! Pushing through it, training around it, hoping to see it subside here soon - prob will wait another week and if its no better get it checked out - hoping for the best as i start my offseason here this week!!

Keep you in my prayers brother. Keep pushing.

SMuncey
01-30-17, 3:45 pm
How is it working with Johnny? My boy works with him as well and he says he is the best coach he has had.

naturalguy
01-30-17, 3:57 pm

Do you go to a chiropractor regularly?

naturalguy
01-30-17, 3:58 pm

What does the new diet look like? How much has changed?

J.Halladay
01-30-17, 3:59 pm
How is it working with Johnny? My boy works with him as well and he says he is the best coach he has had.

Thanks Brother! It has been barable latly, getting a little better each day that passes - thats all that i can ask for!

J.Halladay
01-30-17, 3:59 pm
What does the new diet look like? How much has changed?

Started the new diet today! Will post it up shortly :)

SMuncey
01-30-17, 4:02 pm
Thanks Brother! It has been barable latly, getting a little better each day that passes - thats all that i can ask for!

I hear ya bro, the best is working with a coach that you can consider a friend and that you know will have your best interest and health in mind.

J.Halladay
01-30-17, 4:02 pm
Do you go to a chiropractor regularly?

I was for a while, and man i miss it! Once i moved to the burbs it was too far of a drive to get to on a regular basis. When i get into prep, i get some work done here and there, but unfortunately it’s not a luxury i can afford right now with work, gym, family, another baby on the way etc. Do you go regularly? Has it helped with any nagging ailments?

J.Halladay
01-30-17, 4:05 pm

Hands down, best coach ive ever had. Ive only worked with 2 other coaches before him - and his attention to detail, his knowledge (and application of it) and his care for his clients is something that’s hard to come by. During previous preps I had a hard time getting updates, and was left to the wolves on game day – with Johnny he was Face Timing me every few hours, constant communication, diet/cardio/training updates every day if needed, or ever 3 weeks as needed – it was all based on how my body responded – couldn’t be happier with him and how much he has helped me.

J.Halladay
01-30-17, 4:15 pm
Meal 1 - 16oz whites + 2 Whole Eggs + 1/2tbsp coconut oil + 4 slices Ezekiel Bread + 2g Fish oil

Meal 2 - 8oz Lean protein, or 50g Iso + 2c Greens

Meal 3 - 8oz Flank or 93/7 ground beef + 1c Quinoa or Oats

Meal 4 - 40g Iso + 1/2c Cream of rice or 1.5c Jasmine + 1/2tbsp coconut oil

Meal 5 - 7oz lean protein + 2c Jasmine Rice + 2 English muffins + 4oz Pineapple OR 6 sushi Tuna Rolls OR 22 pieces of Nigiri Sushi

Meal 6 - 7oz Flank + 4oz Avocado + Greens + 2g Fish oil

Meal 7 - 60g Iso

Morning Supps - 2g Vitamin C, 1500mg L Carnitine, 5000iu Vit D, 100mgs Ubiquinol

Intra - 2 scoops juiced aminos, 3 scoops carbo plus, 1/2tsp sea salt

Time to Grow

SMuncey
01-30-17, 4:19 pm
Hands down, best coach ive ever had. Ive only worked with 2 other coaches before him - and his attention to detail, his knowledge (and application of it) and his care for his clients is something that’s hard to come by. During previous preps I had a hard time getting updates, and was left to the wolves on game day – with Johnny he was Face Timing me every few hours, constant communication, diet/cardio/training updates every day if needed, or ever 3 weeks as needed – it was all based on how my body responded – couldn’t be happier with him and how much he has helped me.

For sure man and it showed when it came to your show last year! The level of conditioning you brought was crazy. How was your cardio looking last prep?

naturalguy
01-30-17, 4:20 pm
I was for a while, and man i miss it! Once i moved to the burbs it was too far of a drive to get to on a regular basis. When i get into prep, i get some work done here and there, but unfortunately it’s not a luxury i can afford right now with work, gym, family, another baby on the way etc. Do you go regularly? Has it helped with any nagging ailments?

Yes, as we say in NY "I got a guy" - he is a chiro that does A.R.T. and he lifts so he understands what we go through. He was actually featured on the acclaimed series "Out of the Shadows" starring G-Six the bodybuilder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zONPmWn16w

J.Halladay
01-31-17, 8:53 am
For sure man and it showed when it came to your show last year! The level of conditioning you brought was crazy. How was your cardio looking last prep?

It wasnt too bad, and it changed as we got closer to the show. It was 30 mins am, then another 30 mins post workout - i started to use medicine ball slams, and battle ropes for some HIIT post workout and in the morning, and really enjoyed that kind of cardio over the treadmill/stepper. I will admit i do have a sick love/hate with the stepper, so i would do a few stepper sessions a week as well.

naturalguy
01-31-17, 8:54 am
Meal 1 - 16oz whites + 2 Whole Eggs + 1/2tbsp coconut oil + 4 slices Ezekiel Bread + 2g Fish oil

Meal 5 - 7oz lean protein + 2c Jasmine Rice + 2 English muffins + 4oz Pineapple OR 6 sushi Tuna Rolls OR 22 pieces of Nigiri Sushi

Meal 7 - 60g Iso

Morning Supps - 2g Vitamin C, 1500mg L Carnitine, 5000iu Vit D, 100mgs Ubiquinol

Time to Grow

What time of the day are you training? Which one is your pre-workout meal?

J.Halladay
01-31-17, 8:56 am
Yes, as we say in NY "I got a guy" - he is a chiro that does A.R.T. and he lifts so he understands what we go through. He was actually featured on the acclaimed series "Out of the Shadows" starring G-Six the bodybuilder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zONPmWn16w

Nice! Man, i wish i had the time that G-Six had, that guy lives.

Fe-MD
01-31-17, 12:49 pm
New meal plan looks great, thats a ton of rice! You not much of a potato/yam guy? Diet looks lower in potassium containing foods.

J.Halladay
01-31-17, 1:58 pm
New meal plan looks great, thats a ton of rice! You not much of a potato/yam guy? Diet looks lower in potassium containing foods.

not a yam guy, cant stand them, i will do potatos here and there. Great eye on the lack of potassium, i actually add 1/2tsp losalt to meal 4 and 1/8tsp losalt to my intra as well

J.Halladay
01-31-17, 2:01 pm
What time of the day are you training? Which one is your pre-workout meal?

i am eating meal 4 at about 4pm (preWO meal), train around 5:30, then eat meal 5, PostWO meal - that is the reason for the high "fast" carbs at meal 4 and 5

SMuncey
01-31-17, 2:28 pm
What is your thoughts on off season cardio? Do you implement it or save it for pre contest like Evan does?

J.Halladay
01-31-17, 2:32 pm
What is your thoughts on off season cardio? Do you implement it or save it for pre contest like Evan does?

My thoughts on it or my actions on it LOLOL. I realllyyyy would like to do 30 mins 3x a week in the offseason - and i am going to attempt to start that here next week. Historically I dont do much cardio in the offseason but i would like to change that this year

Fe-MD
02-17-17, 8:41 pm

Meal 7 - 60g Iso

Time to Grow

How much water do you mix your intra with and drink drink the workout?

PA Kodiak
02-18-17, 9:02 am
I'm late to the party, but congrats on the overall win. What purpose does having cucumber at each meal serve in the original diet you posted at 3 days out?

J.Halladay
02-24-17, 3:33 pm
I'm late to the party, but congrats on the overall win. What purpose does having cucumber at each meal serve in the original diet you posted at 3 days out?

Thanks brother - it serves as a natural diuretic. It also helps clench my sweet tooth because i put splenda and cinnamon on them lol

J.Halladay
02-24-17, 3:33 pm
How much water do you mix your intra with and drink drink the workout?

around 24oz

J.Halladay
02-27-17, 11:08 am
5 weeks into my offseason so far - feeling good. Staying on the tighter side, not pushing crazy amounts of food, yet. Will begin to push some more food here in the next 2 weeks. Despite that, still up around 12lbs in the last 5 weeks - slowly buy surly adding some size. Goal would be to be a solid 245ish this year - keeping it very tight.

SMuncey
02-27-17, 12:18 pm
Josh, do you train on a scheduled split or instinctive?

J.Halladay
02-27-17, 3:45 pm
Josh, do you train on a scheduled split or instinctive?

thats a great question - ive done both, and have had success with both. Currently i am training on a scheduled split, it looks like this:

Day 1 - Legs (mostly quads)
Day 2 - Chest and BI
Day 3 - Back
Day 4 - Shoulders and Tri
Day 5 - Legs (mostly hams)
Day 6 - Back iso + Arms
Day 7 - off

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 8:32 am
Leg Extensions:

2x25
2x12
1x10 heavy rest pause

Single Leg Ham Curls:

3x15

Barbell Squats:

1x20
1x12
1x12
1x8

Leg Press:
4x20 increasing weight each set

Walking Lunges:
3x20

Adductors

4x20

naturalguy
02-28-17, 9:36 am
5 weeks into my offseason so far - feeling good. Staying on the tighter side, not pushing crazy amounts of food, yet. Will begin to push some more food here in the next 2 weeks. Despite that, still up around 12lbs in the last 5 weeks - slowly buy surly adding some size. Goal would be to be a solid 245ish this year - keeping it very tight.

What's the heaviest you have ever gotten?

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 2:30 pm
What's the heaviest you have ever gotten?

258 was the heaviest ive even been - and it was an UGLY 258 at best. I am really trying to not use the scale as a progress marker - but its hard to not use weight as key measurement in this industry..

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:29 pm
Tuesdays are my off days - off days suck for 90% of the day, until the end, when they dont anymore :)

meal 1 - 16oz whites + 2 whole eggs + 1tbsp
meal 2 - 8 oz lean protein
meal 3 - 8 oz lean protein
meal 4 - yep, you guessed it 8oz lean protein
meal 5 - CHEAT MEAL OF YOUR CHOICE - now the hard part, what do i chose tonight :)

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:37 pm
hello

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:38 pm
hello

Hi there mr. g-six - i see you're looking pretty muscular these days - you ready for another match up?

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:39 pm
Hi there mr. g-six - i see you're looking pretty muscular these days - you ready for another match up?

Its photo shop. im not ready

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:39 pm
Serious question:

If you had one shot and one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted for one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:40 pm
Its photo shop. im not ready

figures - g-six is the king of filters. i hear you have your own app coming out for filters - true?

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:41 pm
figures - g-six is the king of filters. i hear you have your own app coming out for filters - true?

It can be lucrative. Are you going to be a super heavy at the easterns?

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:42 pm
Serious question:

If you had one shot and one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted for one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?

depends on what i was doing when this opportunity presented itself - if i was eating pizza and/or sushi, i wold most likely let it slip up - otherwise most likely capture it

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:42 pm

no way - i dont have the build of a Gary Turner - ill 100% be a heavy (if i do this show - thats still a big if) Baby numero dos might have other plans for me...

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:44 pm

will you be a superHW?

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:45 pm
will you be a superHW?

Im small ill prob be a lightweight. Meet in the overall?

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:45 pm
no way - i dont have the build of a Gary Turner - ill 100% be a heavy (if i do this show - thats still a big if) Baby numero dos might have other plans for me...

Are you naming him Gary? I told you it would be alright

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:46 pm
depends on what i was doing when this opportunity presented itself - if i was eating pizza and/or sushi, i wold most likely let it slip up - otherwise most likely capture it

Thats exactly what Eminem said.

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:47 pm
Im small ill prob be a lightweight. Meet in the overall?

deal - maybe we can split the trophy too?

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:48 pm
deal - maybe we can split the trophy too?

I just hope its a cup of some sort so i have a place to put my beer. Whats your favorite beer?

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:48 pm
Are you naming him Gary? I told you it would be alright

hes nameless - suggestions welcome, besides Gary, or nicknames that have to do with the far east movement

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:49 pm
I just hope its a cup of some sort so i have a place to put my beer. Whats your favorite beer?

im a whisky kinda guy - im the kinda guy who gets straight to the point :)

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:50 pm
hes nameless - suggestions welcome, besides Gary, or nicknames that have to do with the far east movement

Definitely can go with Muhammed Ali Halladay

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:50 pm

Fireball? Or like real whiskey?

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:52 pm
Definitely can go with Muhammed Ali Halladay

has a ring to it - not a bad suggestion -

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:52 pm
Fireball? Or like real whiskey?

REAL - really real

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:53 pm
What sports with JJ be playing when he turns 4 or 5?

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:55 pm
What sports with JJ be playing when he turns 4 or 5?

you know i am aiming for football - but hes all about baseball. So most likely t ball, and ill push for football but settle for anything that doesn't have to do with a TV or ipad

G-Six
02-28-17, 4:55 pm
you know i am aiming for football - but hes all about baseball. So most likely t ball, and ill push for football but settle for anything that doesn't have to do with a TV or ipad

What if he wants to wrestle? Did you ever wrestle?

J.Halladay
02-28-17, 4:59 pm
What if he wants to wrestle? Did you ever wrestle?

i did - 1 year - i never told you this story? I was undefeated, made it to the championship my 1st year, went against some kid who had been wrestling since he was like 2 (we were probably 7) he pinned me in i dont know....3 seconds? Never wrestled again. Quit that day. Cried like a baby. i swore i would only play team sports after that - here i am bodybuilding 22 years later - guess i never learned my lesson, or the 7 year old who lost is still trying to prove something to someone out there....

J.Halladay
03-06-17, 11:07 am
Shoulder Press:
1x25
1x12
1x12
1x8

Side Laterals:

3x15

Side Laterals (between sides and fronts):

3x15

Font Raises:

3x15

Reverse Pec Deck:
1x25
1x15
1x15
Triple Drop 25, drop 12, drop 8

Dumbbell Swings:

1 set - 60 reps, cut weight in half, 30 reps, cut weight in half, 15 reps

Upright Row:

3x12

Dips:

5x10 heavy

Rope Push Downs:

4x12

Single Arm Cable Ext:

4x25 (per arm)

Aggression
03-06-17, 1:02 pm

I knew there was a reason I liked you, haha. What we talking here? Glenfiddich, Johnny Dub, Glenlivet, Jameson?

ChrisTuttle
03-18-17, 9:59 pm
Found you! That is a magnificent shoulder workout!

ChrisTuttle
03-18-17, 10:03 pm
We doing super heavy weight or what this year pal? What is cooking in the off season?

J.Halladay
03-20-17, 12:54 pm
I knew there was a reason I liked you, haha. What we talking here? Glenfiddich, Johnny Dub, Glenlivet, Jameson?

Johnny Walker Black has been my go to recently whats your go to

J.Halladay
03-20-17, 12:54 pm
Found you! That is a magnificent shoulder workout!

Yes, now we can be friends! And share workouts, and all kinds of fun stuff! lolol

J.Halladay
03-20-17, 12:56 pm
We doing super heavy weight or what this year pal? What is cooking in the off season?

Will likely be a HW again. I havent decided quite yet what the gameplan is for the year. Baby numero dos comes in 9 weeks. IF all goes perfectly, and we can get this baby on a schedule somewhat early, i would love to do nationals. Baby first, then decision will come, but prepping as if nationals is the end goal :) whats your plan? hows the knee??

J.Halladay
03-20-17, 1:02 pm
Seated Curls
4x15

Wide stance (toes out) leg press
4x15-20

Stiff legs
4x15

Adductor Machine
4x25

close grip pull downs
4x15

plate loaded pull downs
4x15

seated rows (straight bar, bar to forehead)
4x15

straight bar push downs
4x15

banded hypers

4 x failure

J.Halladay
03-20-17, 1:06 pm
Reverse Pec Dec

3x25 (1 second hold on each rep)

Front raises (10 and 2 oclock)

3x10 + 6 partials at end of each set

Shoulder Press Machine

3x8 Heavy + 1 second hold on each rep

Side Laterals - 1 monster set (triple drop, all till failure)

Rope push downs (15) super set with ez bar curls (8 full +6 partials) - 4 rounds

Bench Dips superset (15) with hammer curls (8 full + 6 partials) - 4 rounds

DB lying tri extensions (12) superset with reverse straight bar curls (15) - 4 rounds with 30 second bi and tri stretch after each round

Aggression
03-20-17, 9:00 pm
Johnny Walker Black has been my go to recently whats your go to

I'm a bourbon guy. Normal everyday choice is Bullet. Special occasions are Elijah Craig 12yr small batch and other 'small batch" bottles. I do have a bottle of Johnny Blue that is sitting on my bar, waiting to be opened.

J.Halladay
03-23-17, 8:15 am
I'm a bourbon guy. Normal everyday choice is Bullet. Special occasions are Elijah Craig 12yr small batch and other 'small batch" bottles. I do have a bottle of Johnny Blue that is sitting on my bar, waiting to be opened.

i like your style

J.Halladay
03-23-17, 8:37 am
Monday around 2p i started to feel very "off, stomach issues, no appetite, etc. Tried to get legs in, made it about 20 mins in and had to call it quits. got home, fever 101 and lived on the toilet for the rest of the day through all of Tuesday. Came back to work yesterday, attempted back but i was a shell of a human for basically not having any food in me for 2 days. Woke up this morning still feeling a little off, but hoping to be on the other side of this thing...plan on hitting some chest and bi tonight but we will see how the day goes...

SMuncey
03-23-17, 9:42 am
Monday around 2p i started to feel very "off, stomach issues, no appetite, etc. Tried to get legs in, made it about 20 mins in and had to call it quits. got home, fever 101 and lived on the toilet for the rest of the day through all of Tuesday. Came back to work yesterday, attempted back but i was a shell of a human for basically not having any food in me for 2 days. Woke up this morning still feeling a little off, but hoping to be on the other side of this thing...plan on hitting some chest and bi tonight but we will see how the day goes...

Damn bro, hope you get better soon. I was feeling the same, naturalguy told me to hit up some deodorized garlic pills and they have definitely helped out.

Aggression
03-26-17, 1:52 pm

I feel your pain, my man. I had something similar happen to me several weeks ago. And then one day I was fine. No rhyme or reason.

ChrisTuttle
03-26-17, 8:31 pm
Will likely be a HW again. I havent decided quite yet what the gameplan is for the year. Baby numero dos comes in 9 weeks. IF all goes perfectly, and we can get this baby on a schedule somewhat early, i would love to do nationals. Baby first, then decision will come, but prepping as if nationals is the end goal :) whats your plan? hows the knee??

No way! I did not know that! Congrats! Nice! We will have to get our bosses to get us down to NJ for another workout!

I was going to compete in NY pro this year but knee is taking FOREVER to heal! I am up to 5 plates on leg press with no pain. That is huge for me for 8 months ago I could not even do no weight on the leg press without pain. Two things I have learned from this. One, do not get old! And two, do not get injured! Pretty simple right? HHAH

ChrisTuttle
03-26-17, 8:32 pm

Like IBS stomach issues or ate something bad stomach issues!

J.Halladay
03-27-17, 10:25 am
Damn bro, hope you get better soon. I was feeling the same, naturalguy told me to hit up some deodorized garlic pills and they have definitely helped out.

Feeling better now, but boy did it drag out. Didnt feel right until Saturday, so really didnt eat many meals Mon-Friday. Just a bump in the road, back to business now.

J.Halladay
03-27-17, 10:26 am
No way! I did not know that! Congrats! Nice! We will have to get our bosses to get us down to NJ for another workout!

I was going to compete in NY pro this year but knee is taking FOREVER to heal! I am up to 5 plates on leg press with no pain. That is huge for me for 8 months ago I could not even do no weight on the leg press without pain. Two things I have learned from this. One, do not get old! And two, do not get injured! Pretty simple right? HHAH

Ah, i hear you man. My knees have been really nagging me this year, but not to the extent of yours - im glad you are on the way to recovery tho! And i agree, lets get a workout in ASAP!!! I think we need to make that happen here soon!

J.Halladay
03-27-17, 10:28 am
Like IBS stomach issues or ate something bad stomach issues!

I wasn't sure at first - i think ive told you that i have had similar IBS issues as you, but this ended up being some kind of bug. I am back to business now (only after losing what feels and looks like 50 lbs :| )

J.Halladay
03-27-17, 10:32 am
Shoulders and Tris:

Machine Military Press:

3x20
1 triple drop set - 20, 15, 10

Side laterals - 3 sets with 2 drop sets

50x15, 40x10, 30x10 - 3 sets

Upright Row:

3x20

Reverse Pec Deck:

4x25

Dips:

4x20

Rope Pushdowns:
4x20

Skull Crushers (on the ground, bar behind the head)

1x15
1x15
1x15
1x15 + 10 forced reps (bounce off the ground)

ChrisTuttle
03-27-17, 5:52 pm
I wasn't sure at first - i think ive told you that i have had similar IBS issues as you, but this ended up being some kind of bug. I am back to business now (only after losing what feels and looks like 50 lbs :| )

oh good! I have been following a lower carb and higher fat diet and it is working great with digestion and bloating.

J.Halladay
03-30-17, 5:23 pm
oh good! I have been following a lower carb and higher fat diet and it is working great with digestion and bloating.

Ive been doing the same! feel pretty good on it too

J.Halladay
03-31-17, 8:13 am
Machine Press

4x25

Dumbbell incline

4x15

Pec Deck

4x15

single Arm Hammer

4x15

Cable Crossovers
4xfailure

Preacher Curls
4x20

Alt Dumbbell Curls
4x15

J.Halladay
03-31-17, 8:15 am
Rope Pushdowns
4x25

Single Arm Machine Curls
4x25

Plate loaded Dips
4x15

Straight bar curls

2x15 wide
2x15 middle
2x15 close

Single Arm Tri Ext

4x20

Preacher Curls

4x20

G-Six
03-31-17, 11:20 am
Rope Pushdowns
4x25

Single Arm Machine Curls
4x25

Plate loaded Dips
4x15

Straight bar curls

2x15 wide
2x15 middle
2x15 close

Single Arm Tri Ext

4x20

Preacher Curls

4x20

You trained already today? Jeez don't you work?!

J.Halladay
03-31-17, 11:25 am
You trained already today? Jeez don't you work?!

Yes i trained at 5:30am, came home, made breakfast, made my sons lunch, got my son ready for school, and have been at work since 7:45 - what have you done so far today?

MRmichael.hooker
03-31-17, 3:52 pm
Yes i trained at 5:30am, came home, made breakfast, made my sons lunch, got my son ready for school, and have been at work since 7:45 - what have you done so far today?

You forgot "Drops mic"

J.Halladay
04-12-17, 4:38 pm
You forgot "Drops mic"

HAHA - yes, mic dropped

J.Halladay
04-12-17, 4:40 pm
Military press - 4x15
Side laterals - 3x15 + triple drop set 15, 15, 15
Reverse Pecdec - 4x25
Front Raises - 3x15
Shrugs - 3x25
Dips - 4x20
Rope pushdowns - 4x20
single arm ext - 4x25
skull crushers - 3xfailure

J.Halladay
04-12-17, 4:43 pm
Took a little vacation with one of my boys to FL from Wed- Sunday. Kept the diet on point while i was there, but was only able to train once. Getting somewhat back on track this week, but training has been limited - getting ready for the 2nd baby, away from the family for 5 days, wedding on Saturday and Easter on Sunday - so this week will be less than ideal as well. Trying not to stress it, plus the body is probably ready for a break as i have been hitting it pretty hard without any breaks in i am not sure how long. Anxious to get back to my "normal" schedule after this week and put some size back on :)

Aggression
04-12-17, 5:18 pm
Took a little vacation with one of my boys to FL from Wed- Sunday. Kept the diet on point while i was there, but was only able to train once. Getting somewhat back on track this week, but training has been limited - getting ready for the 2nd baby, away from the family for 5 days, wedding on Saturday and Easter on Sunday - so this week will be less than ideal as well. Trying not to stress it, plus the body is probably ready for a break as i have been hitting it pretty hard without any breaks in i am not sure how long. Anxious to get back to my "normal" schedule after this week and put some size back on :)

Life has a knack for getting in the way, eh? In the last few months, I've had a wedding, which took up the whole weekend, a bachelor party, another whole weekend, and now next weekend, a 2nd bachelor party, which .. again .. another weekend. I used to try to keep things more on point, but now I just take it for what it's worth; a break from my own habits and a chance to just "live" for a bit. They're just so close together that I get in a groove for maybe 2 weeks and then "oops, lets fly down to Myrtle Beach for an 'aggressive' 36hr bachelor party".

J.Halladay
04-14-17, 5:15 pm
Life has a knack for getting in the way, eh? In the last few months, I've had a wedding, which took up the whole weekend, a bachelor party, another whole weekend, and now next weekend, a 2nd bachelor party, which .. again .. another weekend. I used to try to keep things more on point, but now I just take it for what it's worth; a break from my own habits and a chance to just "live" for a bit. They're just so close together that I get in a groove for maybe 2 weeks and then "oops, lets fly down to Myrtle Beach for an 'aggressive' 36hr bachelor party".

It sure does brother, it sure does. I have two weddings in the next two weeks, easter, and the trip that i just got back from - add in that the wife is 35 weeks pregnant, and there isnt much time left over!But you are absolutly right, some times you just have to take a break, and live life - after all, there is more to life then food and weights (i think?)

J.Halladay
04-14-17, 5:18 pm
Meadows Rows - sets of 8 adding weight until unable to do 8
Pronated chest supported rows - 3x15
lat pulldown superset with reverse lat pulldown - 8 reps front, 8 reps back 3 sets total
pull overs - 3x12
reverse hypers - 3x failure

J.Halladay
04-14-17, 5:21 pm
chest press machine - 4x20
incline smith - 3x15 with triple drop set
hammer decline press (facing inward) - 3x20
dumbbell flys - 3x15
pec deck flys - 3x20
Preacher curls - 4x20
iso curls - 3x20
standing alternate curls - 3x12

J.Halladay
04-16-17, 1:53 pm
Single Arm pull downs

4x15 (2 second negative)

Hammer low plate row

3x15

Back Ext with DB row

4x30

Neutral grip pull downs superset with pullovers

3x15/15

laying ham curls superset with walking lunges (increasing weight every set)

1x20
1x15
1x12

Abductor machine superset with setp ups (flex glutes at top)

1x20
1x15
1x12

Jeffersons superset with Adductors

1x20
1x15
1x12

J.Halladay
04-16-17, 1:56 pm
rope pushdowns

4x15 (20sec rest)

EZ bar curls

6x12 - 2 close, 2 med, 2 wide grip

Machine dips

4x10 (heavy)

Machine preacher curl

3x15
4th triple drop set 15,15,15

Straight arm push down

4x15

Standing alternate DB curl

4x15

single arm tri ext super set with hammer rope cable curl

3x25

ChrisTuttle
04-25-17, 5:42 pm
My man what sort of things do you do for legs with your knees being like they are? Anything special? Restricted to certain movements only?

J.Halladay
04-28-17, 4:37 pm
My man what sort of things do you do for legs with your knees being like they are? Anything special? Restricted to certain movements only?

Man has it been hard. Ive tried different movements, ive tried different order of movements. They are pretty bad no matter what i do. i think ive come to the conclusion that squatting isnt goint to happen, although i still attempt to squat every other week - with little sucess. Same with Hacks, the hack that is at my gym is literally all knees. Ive been sticking to bulgarian split squats, leg press (multiple foot placements), extensions, curls, walkikng lunghes (which usually hurt too but bearable) abductors, jeffersons, and weighted step ups. What have you found that works for you? Any miracles you can share?

J.Halladay
04-28-17, 4:44 pm
having issues with my knees again - did what i could to work around them, and still get some fibers moving around:

leg ext
4x20

close stance leg press
1x20
1x25
1x30
1x30
triple dropset reps till failure

Front squats - 135 for reps until failure 3 sets

bulgarian split squats

3x15 (each leg)

leg curls
4x25

Adductors
4x20

Leg extensions

1x100

J.Halladay
04-28-17, 4:47 pm
cable flys
3x20

plate loaded incline
1x20
1x11
1x12
1x8
1x6

Flat smith
3x12
drop set till failure

Decline (plate loaded)
3x15 (squeeezzzeeee)

Pec Dec
3x15

Machine curls
4x15

EZ Bar Reverse Curls
3x12

Standing alt DB Curls
4x15

J.Halladay
04-28-17, 4:50 pm
Traveled this week for work to Michigan. Left Tuesday around noon, landed and got a nice lift in at a random LA fitness. Wednesday wasnt able to lift due to meetings all day followed by team building events at work, same on thursday. Actually came home yesterday and felt really good despite the 2 days off. Crushed the diet while i was gone, just wasnt able to train. Hoping to be able to hit it tonight, sat and sunday so that i dont fall behind, but with a baby coming any day/week now, we will see how that pans out. I havnet been in the gym as many days as i would like latly with life, but ive been able to keep the diet on point, and the days that i do get into the gym im killing it - was atcually told at the work event that i look bigger than i did last year when they saw me at it, so something must be working :)

G-Six
04-28-17, 5:02 pm
Will you be at my show?

J.Halladay
04-28-17, 8:34 pm
Will you be at my show?

easterns? whats the game plan?

J.Halladay
04-30-17, 7:04 pm
Laying Ham curls superset with Forward lean walking lunges

1x20
1x15
1x12

Abductor machoine superset with setp ups

1x20
1x15
1x12

LEg press (feet high and wide) superset with adductors

1x20
1x15
1x12

Dead lifts

2x12
1x10
1x8

Single Arm pull downs

4x15

Hammer low plate loaded row

3x12

Back extensions with DB row

4x20

Neutral grip pull downs superset with cable lat pullovers

3x15

J.Halladay
04-30-17, 7:15 pm
REar delt destroyer set

1 set - DB swings 60 reps (50lbs) 30 reps (25lbs) 15 reps (15lbs)

Front raises

3x12

Machine overhead press

Find a weight you can do 30 reps for - 30 reps, 15 second break, rep till failure, 15 second break, rep till failure, continue until you can only do 3 reps

Rope push downs super set with rope hammer curls

4x12

Incline concentration curls super set with incline dumbbell lying ext

4x12

seated overhead rope exts super set with barbell curl

4x10

J.Halladay
04-30-17, 7:17 pm
after a tough week, had a solid weekend. killed both saturday and sunday - weighed in at 239, so back up a few more lbs. cooking up some steak and eggs as we spead, might be up a few more tomorrow :)

ChrisTuttle
05-02-17, 6:55 pm
Man has it been hard. Ive tried different movements, ive tried different order of movements. They are pretty bad no matter what i do. i think ive come to the conclusion that squatting isnt goint to happen, although i still attempt to squat every other week - with little sucess. Same with Hacks, the hack that is at my gym is literally all knees. Ive been sticking to bulgarian split squats, leg press (multiple foot placements), extensions, curls, walkikng lunghes (which usually hurt too but bearable) abductors, jeffersons, and weighted step ups. What have you found that works for you? Any miracles you can share?

Yeah man squatting is very awkward now. I have been doing front squats with just the bar to get back into the form but feels so off. When things feel off they often result in injury and that is what I am afraid of. I do a lot of sets by adding weight slowly to gain confidence. I really do not have many answers besides I know that my functionality and flexibility has greatly decreased which is probably why I feel the way I do.

ChrisTuttle
05-02-17, 6:56 pm
You ever try NOT training to failure and try pushing heavier weight in the rep range of 6-10? I am getting good results from it. Getting stronger and no joint soreness. I think training to failure and past failure is not good for my body any more.

J.Halladay
05-05-17, 9:43 am
Yeah man squatting is very awkward now. I have been doing front squats with just the bar to get back into the form but feels so off. When things feel off they often result in injury and that is what I am afraid of. I do a lot of sets by adding weight slowly to gain confidence. I really do not have many answers besides I know that my functionality and flexibility has greatly decreased which is probably why I feel the way I do.

we are often on the same page - this week i ended my leg workout with front squats. very slow, very light, added some weight on a few sets as i gained confidence, but all in all kept the weight light and the reps nice and slow and clean

J.Halladay
05-05-17, 9:44 am
You ever try NOT training to failure and try pushing heavier weight in the rep range of 6-10? I am getting good results from it. Getting stronger and no joint soreness. I think training to failure and past failure is not good for my body any more.

ive tried it but i feel like my body doesn't acclimate to the heavy weight very well. as soon as i start putting more weight on my joints just scream, and every rep hurts

J.Halladay
05-05-17, 9:46 am
leg extensions
4x20

leg press
4x20
drop set remove 2 plates each set until only 1 plate left

Bulgarian split squats

3x15
drop set with 10 second iso holds

lying ham curls

3x15

front squats

3x15

adductors

3x20

J.Halladay
05-05-17, 9:48 am
close grip pull downs

1x20
1x15
1x12

wide grip pulldowns

1x20
1x15
1x12

reverse grip pulldowns

1x20
1x15
1x12

high rows superset with bent over fly/row

1x20
1x15
1x12

pullovers

1x20
1x15
1x12

Tbar

1x20
1x12
1x8
1x6

hammer rows

1x20
1x15
1x12

J.Halladay
05-05-17, 9:51 am
machine press

set of 8, adding weight until you cant do 8

incline barbell

sets of 8, adding weight until you cant do 8

flat barbell

sets of 8, adding weight until you cand do 8

Flys

3x12 with 10 second iso holds on last rep

Alt DB curls

3x12

Preacher Curls

3x12

Rope curls

3x12

J.Halladay
05-08-17, 2:29 pm
rope push downs
4x15

ez bar curls (2 wide, 2 med, 2 close)
6x12

Machine Dips
4x10

Preacher Crul
3x15
1 triple drop-set

straight arm push downs
4x15

standing alt DB Curl
4x15

Single Arm cabel tri ext
3x25

ez bar reverse grip curls
3x12

J.Halladay
05-08-17, 2:31 pm
Machine Overhead press
4x20

superset with

45lb plate front raises
4x20

side laterals
4x12-15

reverse pec deck
4x25

shrugs
4x20

upright row
4x15

ChrisTuttle
05-11-17, 6:11 pm
Do you train to failure on more than one set per exercise or just the last set? The reason I ask is I started ONLY training to failure in my last set of each exercise and my strength and body weight have taken off! I mean I leave the gym like I really did not train hard but my recovery is SILLY!

Aggression
05-14-17, 1:45 pm
Traveled this week for work to Michigan. Left Tuesday around noon, landed and got a nice lift in at a random LA fitness. Wednesday wasnt able to lift due to meetings all day followed by team building events at work, same on thursday. Actually came home yesterday and felt really good despite the 2 days off. Crushed the diet while i was gone, just wasnt able to train. Hoping to be able to hit it tonight, sat and sunday so that i dont fall behind, but with a baby coming any day/week now, we will see how that pans out. I havnet been in the gym as many days as i would like latly with life, but ive been able to keep the diet on point, and the days that i do get into the gym im killing it - was atcually told at the work event that i look bigger than i did last year when they saw me at it, so something must be working :)

Sometimes when every other aspect of life is flipped upside down and hectic, the only thing that makes sense is moving weight. Some of my best/strongest workouts have been during crunch time, after working 3 overnight shifts in a row, catching 3hrs of sleep and training quick before heading out to another obligation. The surrounding 72hrs are a crazy blur, but for that one hour with the weights, everything feels right.

J.Halladay
05-22-17, 6:00 pm
Sometimes when every other aspect of life is flipped upside down and hectic, the only thing that makes sense is moving weight. Some of my best/strongest workouts have been during crunch time, after working 3 overnight shifts in a row, catching 3hrs of sleep and training quick before heading out to another obligation. The surrounding 72hrs are a crazy blur, but for that one hour with the weights, everything feels right.

Man did you hit this nail on the head! It really is that simple " when every other aspect of life is filled upside down and hectic, the only thing that makes sense is moving weight", love that bro. Its so true - my son came last monday, we were in the hospital until Wednesday, baby and mom took a nap when we got home, i slipped out to the gym for 40 mins. Had basically 2 meals the previous 2 days, dint drink much of anything, sleep, HA - ended up doing chest and shoulders and had an awesome workout. Did the same exact thing on thursday, had 45 mins, flew in real quick for legs, boom, another great workout. Its like when i know i dont have the time to be there i make sure that the time i spend in there is worthwhile. Funny how life works.

J.Halladay
05-22-17, 6:04 pm
Do you train to failure on more than one set per exercise or just the last set? The reason I ask is I started ONLY training to failure in my last set of each exercise and my strength and body weight have taken off! I mean I leave the gym like I really did not train hard but my recovery is SILLY!

Yes and no...haha. I have followed a few training routines where i have done exactly what you are saying, build my way up to sets of 8 or so, stopping when i have 3-4 reps in the tank, then final set is until failure. I feel like mentally, those kind of days are hard for me because i feel like when there is more in the tank that i am "slacking", but i do realize that some of my best growth has come in phases where i have trained like this. its a constant struggle with doing whats right for my body, and my brain...hahaha

J.Halladay
05-24-17, 3:53 pm
so my 2nd son came on 5.15.17 at 3:50pm weighing in at 7lbs and 11oz! So life has been crazy to say the least! Momma is doing good, baby is doing good, and currently adjusting to life with 2 babies under 3. The wife cant drive until next week so i am doing all the daycare drop offs and pick ups as well as groceries, etc - which inst leaving much extra time, but i did get in 4 gym days last week and only 1 in so far this week. Once the wife gets back on her feet i will attempt to put together a new schedule that works for us as a family to get my gym time in - i will likely have to utilize more am sessions. i am sure i am not the only bodybuilder with a full time job and 2 kids, i think ill figure it out :)

J.Halladay
05-24-17, 3:58 pm
incline dumbbell press - working up to sets of 8, increasing weight until i couldn't get 8 reps

incline barbell - working up to sets of 12 increasing weight until i couldn't get 12

bench press - 4 sets of 6

stretch push ups - 2 sets to failure

Heavy side laterals (partial reps) - 4 x 35

reverse pec deck - 3x15 (exaggerated ROM)

6 ways - 3x10

J.Halladay
05-24-17, 4:01 pm
face pulls - 3x10

chest supported rows - 3x8

dumbell pullovers - 3x10

single arm supinated pull down - 3x10

rack pulls - 3x6

barbell shrugs 3x12

banded hypers - 3 x failure

J.Halladay
05-24-17, 4:05 pm
3 supersets

superset 1 - Hammer curls (8 reps) superset with rope pushdowns (15 reps) - 4 rounds

superset 2 - barbell curls (8 reps, 3 second decent) with machine dips (15 reps) - 4 rounds

superset 3 - ez bar preacher curls superset (6 reps, 2 second holds) with dumbell lying extensions (10 reps) - 4 rounds

J.Halladay
05-24-17, 4:12 pm
lying leg curls

4 warm up sets
8 full reps, 8 partials x 3 sets

adductor machine - 3x15

bulgarian split squats:

bodyweight x 10
bodyweight x 10
20lbs x 8
40 x 8
60 x 8
80 x 8
dropset - 80x8, 60x8, 40x8, 20x8 with 10 second iso holds on last rep of every one

try this, i dare you

hack squats - 3x8

front squats - 3x8

dumbbell stiff legs 2x12

J.Halladay
05-24-17, 4:21 pm
adductor machine - 3x15

standing leg curls - 3x12, 4th set 12 reps + 10 partials top 1/2 of motion, 10 partials middle of motion, 10 partials bottom of motion

squats - sets of 8 working up until cant do 8

front squats - 3x12

leg extensions - 3x10 + 10 partials

barbell stiff leg deads - 3x8

MRmichael.hooker
05-25-17, 12:07 pm
so my 2nd son came on 5.15.17 at 3:50pm weighing in at 7lbs and 11oz!

CONGRATS MAN!!! Glad mom is healthy. I too joined the "Having 2 sons" club back in January. Good times! How old is your oldest?

Aggression
05-25-17, 3:12 pm
Man did you hit this nail on the head! It really is that simple " when every other aspect of life is filled upside down and hectic, the only thing that makes sense is moving weight", love that bro. Its so true - my son came last monday, we were in the hospital until Wednesday, baby and mom took a nap when we got home, i slipped out to the gym for 40 mins. Had basically 2 meals the previous 2 days, dint drink much of anything, sleep, HA - ended up doing chest and shoulders and had an awesome workout. Did the same exact thing on thursday, had 45 mins, flew in real quick for legs, boom, another great workout. Its like when i know i dont have the time to be there i make sure that the time i spend in there is worthwhile. Funny how life works.

Indeed, it is funny how life works, haha. Congrats on the second kid, my man!

J.Halladay
05-30-17, 10:21 am
CONGRATS MAN!!! Glad mom is healthy. I too joined the "Having 2 sons" club back in January. Good times! How old is your oldest?

thank you! what a great club to be apart of! My oldest turned 3 TODAY! how old are is your oldest?

J.Halladay
05-30-17, 10:21 am
Indeed, it is funny how life works, haha. Congrats on the second kid, my man!

Thank you brother!

J.Halladay
05-30-17, 10:27 am
Decline dumbell press - sets of 8 until you cant do 8

barbell bench press - sets of 12 until you cant do 12

incline barbell - 3x6

incline dumbell flyes - 3x10, on last set 10 partials out of the bottom

heavy bent over side laterals (partial reps) - 4x25

cage press - 5x5

barbell front raises - 3x12

J.Halladay
05-30-17, 10:30 am
seated db curls superset with overheard db extensions - 3x20

rope push downs - 4x15

ez bar curls - 2 wide, 2 med, 2 close x 15 reps

machine dips - 4x15

machine preacher - 3x15, 4th triple drop set x failure

straight bar push downs - 4x15

standing alternate db curl - 4x15

single arm cable tri ext - 4x25

ez bar reverse curls - 3x12

MRmichael.hooker
05-30-17, 11:43 am
thank you! what a great club to be apart of! My oldest turned 3 TODAY! how old are is your oldest?

Nice, happy birthday! My oldest is 6yo and my baby just turned 4 months. We go back and forth constantly if we're going to try 1 more time for a daughter, lol.
However, that second one is definitely easier than the first because you already know a lot of what to expect and do, haha.

ChrisTuttle
05-30-17, 8:44 pm
we are often on the same page - this week i ended my leg workout with front squats. very slow, very light, added some weight on a few sets as i gained confidence, but all in all kept the weight light and the reps nice and slow and clean

I just feel like slow controlled reps are just superior now. I mean since I have done that with other body parts I have been able to get a much better mind muslce connection

ChrisTuttle
05-30-17, 8:44 pm
Plus I am done with tearing things!

J.Halladay
06-12-17, 4:33 pm
Nice, happy birthday! My oldest is 6yo and my baby just turned 4 months. We go back and forth constantly if we're going to try 1 more time for a daughter, lol.
However, that second one is definitely easier than the first because you already know a lot of what to expect and do, haha.

agreed man! number 2 is way eaiser - to deal with that is, life isnt quite as easy, just enhanced lol. we have had that same discussion, although too early to come to a conclusion i think im good with 2.... hahaha

J.Halladay
06-12-17, 4:33 pm
Plus I am done with tearing things!

AMEN!

J.Halladay
06-16-17, 4:29 pm
lying leg curls - sets of 8 until you cant get 8. last set drop set 8 reps, drop 8 reps then 20 second hold.

adductor machine - 3x15

squat - sets of 8 until you cant get 8 with perfect form. 3x8

leg press - 3 x20 close stance

leg ext - 1x40

hyperextensions - 3 x failure

J.Halladay
06-16-17, 4:31 pm
single arm pulldowns - 3 warm ups then 3x10

hammer high row - 2x10, 2x8, 2x6

face pulls - 3x10

dumbell pullover - 3x10

smith machine rows - 3x8

banded hypers - 3x20

J.Halladay
06-16-17, 4:35 pm
machine press - 3x12 warm up, then sets of 8 until you cant get 8

incline barbell - sets of 6 until you cant get 6

machine flyes - 3x10

dips - 3xfailure

reverse pec dec - 1x20, then 3 sets until failure with a with that is tough for 10 reps with 15 seconds rest in between sets

over and back presses - 3x10

barbell front raises - 3x10

J.Halladay
06-16-17, 5:16 pm
rope pushdowns - 10 reps with hard flex at bottom - 3x10, 4th is a drop set 10, drop, 10 drop, 10 drop, 10 (40 reps)

ez bar close grip bench - 4x8

reverse grip pushdown - 4x15

dips between benches - 2 x failure

seated dumbbell curls - 4x8 with 3 second eccentric

ez bar curls - 6x6 with 30 second rest

ez bar reverse curls - 4x20

ChrisTuttle
06-23-17, 8:58 am
lying leg curls - sets of 8 until you cant get 8. last set drop set 8 reps, drop 8 reps then 20 second hold.

adductor machine - 3x15

squat - sets of 8 until you cant get 8 with perfect form. 3x8

leg press - 3 x20 close stance

leg ext - 1x40

hyperextensions - 3 x failure

Do you do hams again on another day?

Fe-MD
06-26-17, 11:19 pm
Whats your diet looking like nowadays josh? Lower carb and higher fat?

J.Halladay
06-28-17, 1:51 pm
Do you do hams again on another day?

Yes i usually hit Hams and Back on Saturday!

J.Halladay
06-28-17, 1:55 pm
Whats your diet looking like nowadays josh? Lower carb and higher fat?

Honestly, its been all over the place. I was doing lower carb, higher fat for a few weeks, switched back to a mid carb, lower fat, right now kinda balancing the two. Life with the 2nd baby has been a little nutty, and ive been traveling for work, so right now im just trying to keep it "clean" while life is all over the place. So what im trying to do is make "good choices" - if im doing fats ill do moderate protein, no carbs. if im doing carbs ill do moderate protein and no/low fat. This has enabled me to stay in relatively good shape, but the lack of structure is really getting to me. Here in the next few weeks im going to be starting a new program ( i dont know what yet, but im going to start working on that now) so that i can get back on a structured plan.

J.Halladay
06-28-17, 2:03 pm
Flat dumbbell twist press - working weight up to a weight that is hard for 10, 3x10. Lower dumbbells at bottom turn palms to face each other, as driving up turn pinkies in and squeeze

Barbell incline - 2 sets of 8 to warm up, then sets of 8 until you cant get 8

stretch push ups - set up two benches and do push ups between them 3 x failure

dumbbell bent over laterals - 3 x 20

dumbbell side lateral partials - heavy dumbbells, swing by your side with straight arms 3x30

J.Halladay
06-28-17, 2:07 pm
ez bar curls - 3 x10-15 to warm up. then 10 perfect reps, count to 10, 10 more reps, repeat for 5 sets of 10

hammer curls - same thing as last set, 3 sets of 10

ez bar preacher curls - slow eccentric phase, 8 reps, 2 sets

rope push downs super set with dips between benches - 12 rope push downs super set with failure on dips - 4 rounds

skull crushers - 4x12

J.Halladay
06-28-17, 2:15 pm
seated leg curl - 3 warm up then 10 reps per leg alternating legs then 10 more with both legs x 4

leg press - few warm up sets of 15. Then reps of 10 adding one plate per side until you cant do 10. Once you cant do 10 cut weight 40% and go to failure

bulgairian split squats - 3x8 with a 15 second iso hold on the last rep of each set

dumbell stiff leg deads - 2 x10

ChrisTuttle
06-28-17, 7:19 pm
Yes i usually hit Hams and Back on Saturday!

I prefer seated leg curls over anything but what is your favorite ham movement?

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 1:14 pm
I prefer seated leg curls over anything but what is your favorite ham movement?

i would have to agree brother - seated leg cars seem to get the best connection with

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 1:22 pm
Hit back this morning at 5:30 - was having a good workout until i pulled something in my bi, finished the workout but def felt a little pull. going to hit legs tomorrow prob rest up on sunday then see how the arm feels on monday.

one arm barbell row - warm up sets increasing weight until reached a weight hard for 8 then 3 x 8 (pulled my bi on 3rd set here)

smith machine bent over row - 3x8

reverse pull downs - 3x12 with a drop set of 12 after last set

supinated one arm pull downs - 3x12 with a drop set of 12 after last set

dumbbell shrugs - one giant set, 3 second holds with every rep, 10 reps, drop weight, 10 reps, drop weight 10 reps

rack pulls from mid shin, pulling with lats - 3x5

banded hypers - 1x30

G-Six
06-30-17, 2:56 pm
Hit back this morning at 5:30 - was having a good workout until i pulled something in my bi, finished the workout but def felt a little pull. going to hit legs tomorrow prob rest up on sunday then see how the arm feels on monday.

one arm barbell row - warm up sets increasing weight until reached a weight hard for 8 then 3 x 8 (pulled my bi on 3rd set here)

smith machine bent over row - 3x8

reverse pull downs - 3x12 with a drop set of 12 after last set

supinated one arm pull downs - 3x12 with a drop set of 12 after last set

dumbbell shrugs - one giant set, 3 second holds with every rep, 10 reps, drop weight, 10 reps, drop weight 10 reps

rack pulls from mid shin, pulling with lats - 3x5

banded hypers - 1x30

Hello

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 3:29 pm
Hello

how many weeks till prep starts? looking insane....

G-Six
06-30-17, 3:33 pm
how many weeks till prep starts? looking insane....

Prep starts at 0600 July 5th

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 3:36 pm

i see what you did there, giving yourself july 4th to pig out eh?

G-Six
06-30-17, 3:41 pm
i see what you did there, giving yourself july 4th to pig out eh?

1 cheat meal on tuesday..but last hoorah at tiki on monday. Then i go into hiding. Porter already said we are coming flying out of the gate

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 4:14 pm
1 cheat meal on tuesday..but last hoorah at tiki on monday. Then i go into hiding. Porter already said we are coming flying out of the gate

love it - living through you this prep - LETS GO!

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 4:19 pm
spoke to my trainer today - will be getting an updated plan early next week to start getting this shit in gear again - ready to get back on track!

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 6:04 pm

whats the plan for the cheat meal?

ChrisTuttle
07-04-17, 4:59 pm
i would have to agree brother - seated leg cars seem to get the best connection with

and you can go the heaviest with the least risk of tearing a hammy! Coming down your way next week brother!

ChrisTuttle
07-04-17, 5:00 pm

Snazzy! Military time and everything! Eating those burgs today I bet!

ChrisTuttle
07-04-17, 5:00 pm
spoke to my trainer today - will be getting an updated plan early next week to start getting this shit in gear again - ready to get back on track!

so what is the plan for you? North Americans or Nationals?

J.Halladay
07-14-17, 3:46 pm
and you can go the heaviest with the least risk of tearing a hammy! Coming down your way next week brother!

ah did i miss your philly trip?!?!

J.Halladay
07-14-17, 3:47 pm
so what is the plan for you? North Americans or Nationals?

ugh, i wish - just needed a plan to get back on track with some structure - looking for maybe usa 2018, i think this year is out of the question with the little one, and work.

J.Halladay
07-14-17, 3:52 pm
standing leg curls - 3 warm up sets, then working to a weight you can get sets of a hard 8 for

superset with leg press

leg press - sets of 10 until you cant get 10 - leg press controls this exercise, start at 1 plate per side, ended with 10 plates per side so 10 sets

Machine squats - working up to a hard 8

superset with lying leg curls with a weight that is hard for 10 - 4 supersets

leg ext - feet pointing back

superset with sissy squats until failure - 4 rounds.

J.Halladay
07-14-17, 3:54 pm
dumbell row - 4 sets of 8 (working way up to sets of hard 8)

wide grip pulldowns - palms facing each other - 3x8

smith rows - perfect form, 4x6

dumbbell pullovers - 4x12

banded hypers - 3x13

J.Halladay
07-14-17, 3:58 pm
hammer press - sets of 8 until cant get 8, once you cant get 8 drop set of 20

incline barbell press - sets of 8 until cant get 8

flat dumbbell press - sets of hard 8 + 4 partials x 4

dips - 10 reps super set with wide grip pushups til failure x 3 rounds

bent over real delt raises - 3x25

cable side laterals - 3x12 + 1 second hold on each rep

dumbbell overhead press - 3x10, DB to eye level, 3/4 lockout

J.Halladay
07-14-17, 4:02 pm
Tri-set

rope pushdown for 12

then

bent over rope ext for 10

then

dips between benches till failure

3 rounds

lying ext - 3 x10

Tri set

ez bar curl for 8 (hard flex, perfect form)

then

standing dumbell curls (both arms at once, palms up, 2 second down) 8 reps

then

ez bar reverse curls - 8 reps

3 rounds

close grip supinated chins x 1 until failure

ChrisTuttle
07-14-17, 7:14 pm
ugh, i wish - just needed a plan to get back on track with some structure - looking for maybe usa 2018, i think this year is out of the question with the little one, and work.

It gets harder and harder to compete as we get older. We get busier and busier and our body's hurt more and more! Well at least that is my story! I would have done 3 shows this year if it hadn't been for my knee.

J.Halladay
07-17-17, 4:23 pm
It gets harder and harder to compete as we get older. We get busier and busier and our body's hurt more and more! Well at least that is my story! I would have done 3 shows this year if it hadn't been for my knee.

i continue to battle with my knee - of course its my knee that gives me issues when legs is what i need the most.. just gonna keep battling!

J.Halladay
07-17-17, 4:26 pm
laying ham curls superset with walking lunges - 20, 15, 12

Abductor machine super set with step ups - 20, 15, 12

leg press (high wide) superset with Adductors - 20, 15, 12

Deads - 2x12, 1x10, 1x8

Single Arm Pull Down - 4x15 (2 sec neg)

Hammer low row - 3x12

Back Ext with row - 3x30

Neutral grip pull downs - 3x15

J.Halladay
07-17-17, 4:31 pm
Supinated pulldown - 3x10, 1 set 10 drop 10 more

wide grip pulldown - 3x8 with 8 partials

dumbell pullovers - 3x12

one arm barbell rows - 6x10

face pulls - 3x12

Banded hpyers - 2x40

ChrisTuttle
07-21-17, 5:30 pm
i continue to battle with my knee - of course its my knee that gives me issues when legs is what i need the most.. just gonna keep battling!

That is always the case! Everything is in the hips. HAHH! BEEN READING a lot about knee issues stemming from tight hips. Give it a shot and see if I can get some alleviation. Your coach seems like a legit dude!

ChrisTuttle
07-21-17, 5:40 pm
Do you record everything you do and poundage's and what not per session?

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 1:05 pm
Do you record everything you do and poundage's and what not per session?

I used to, i dont anymore - since being old and beat up, i just try to go as heavy as possible for the rep scheme at hand - if im doing sets of 8, ill keep adding weight until i get to a weight that is hard, then i will stick with that. I would like to start recording numbers again, but at this point i dont.

ChrisTuttle
07-31-17, 2:27 pm
I used to, i dont anymore - since being old and beat up, i just try to go as heavy as possible for the rep scheme at hand - if im doing sets of 8, ill keep adding weight until i get to a weight that is hard, then i will stick with that. I would like to start recording numbers again, but at this point i dont.

I hear you! I just started again to form some type of system to track overload. Works but when you get a tweak here and there it puts a hex on the whole thing.

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 3:11 pm
Lying leg curl -

3 warm ups sets
4x8 with eccentric resistance.

Squats

45x10
135x10
185x10
225x10
275x8
315x8
225x20
135x25

Leg Press:

5x10 followed by 30 sec quad stretch after each set

Stiff legs:

4x10

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 3:17 pm
Went to the beach Tuesday after work - Saturday. Got a few good lifts in at Atilis gym in ocean city new jersey, one of my fav gyms of all time. Diet was good during the day, ate whatever i wanted at night - was actually pretty beneficial i think, weight is up 5lbs, but still hard and pretty lean. Like ive said in previous posts, my food consumption has been down, so i think the 5+ days of "dirty" meals at night did the body good. Back on the diet today for legs!

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 3:21 pm
Flat dumbell press - 3 warm up sets, then sets of 8 until couldnt get 8, after last set drop weight 20% and rep till failure

incline barbell - sets of 8 until cant get 8

Barbell bench - 4x8 with perfect form

inlcine flys - 3x15 full range of motion, squeezing for 1 second 3 sets

machine rear delt - rest pause style, 15 reps, 1 second hold 4 sets + 10 over and backs after each set

Dumbell side laterals - 4x8

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 3:24 pm
one arm barbell row - sets of 8 until cant get 8

pull downs - 2 sets wide, 2 sets med, 2 sets close all 10 reps

prone rows (face frist on incline bench) - 4x12

prone shrugs - 4x10

Triset:

straight arm pull down (10 reps) then pull down with individual handles (8 reps) then plate shrugs (20 reps) x 4 rounds

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 3:26 pm
Rope pushdowns - 12 reps flexing tri hard

Superset with

incline dumbell curls - 8 reps palms up entire movement, 3 sec neg x 4 rounds

Dip machine - 10 reps

super set with

standing parbell curls - 6 reps, squeeze with perfect form x 4 rounds

ex bar reverse curls - 12 reps

superset with

lying dumbell ext - 12 reps x 4 rounds

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 5:22 pm
Seated Leg Curl - 3 warm ups, 3 sets 12 then drop set 12, 8, 8

Leg Press - 8 reps adding weight until you cant do 8, then a triple drop set

Front Squats - 3x8 then a triple drop set

bulgarian split squats - 8 reps, drop weight, 8 reps, drop weight, 8 reps, drop weigh 8 reps, drop weight (32 reps per leg x 1 set per leg)

stiff legs - 4x8

Aggression
08-02-17, 2:38 pm

So many factors play into it; sleep, training time, diet, hydration, etc. When guys like you and others have all that down to the fraction, I guess recording everything is good. I tend to keep track of my main, PL-movement for the day (how much weight for how many reps, type of bar, chains or bands, etc) in an effort to revert back when its time to set a new PR on that same movement. Accessories aren't recorded. I just go with it. Sometimes I'm training at 6am fasted. Sometimes I'm coming off nights, sleeping 3hrs, and training mid-day but its really morning for me. It's all fucked.

ChrisTuttle
08-02-17, 7:14 pm
So many factors play into it; sleep, training time, diet, hydration, etc. When guys like you and others have all that down to the fraction, I guess recording everything is good. I tend to keep track of my main, PL-movement for the day (how much weight for how many reps, type of bar, chains or bands, etc) in an effort to revert back when its time to set a new PR on that same movement. Accessories aren't recorded. I just go with it. Sometimes I'm training at 6am fasted. Sometimes I'm coming off nights, sleeping 3hrs, and training mid-day but its really morning for me. It's all fucked.

You are totally right! Too many factors for form perfect consistency. I do the same. Mainly now larger movements. Sometimes you forget as bodybuilder and do not want to waist time doing the wrong weight. Lack of sleep makes you feel like you are losing muslce! Just that flat weak feeling!

Aggression
08-16-17, 1:33 pm
You are totally right! Too many factors for form perfect consistency. I do the same. Mainly now larger movements. Sometimes you forget as bodybuilder and do not want to waist time doing the wrong weight. Lack of sleep makes you feel like you are losing muslce! Just that flat weak feeling!

Agreed with the bolded, above. I try to remember but sometimes I'll grab a weight for dumbbell presses and as I'm doing my set, I'm thinking, "this shit is too light," so I'll stop mid-set, rack 'em, select higher weight and do a set right away, almost like an ascending super set, haha.

ChrisTuttle
08-16-17, 6:50 pm
Agreed with the bolded, above. I try to remember but sometimes I'll grab a weight for dumbbell presses and as I'm doing my set, I'm thinking, "this shit is too light," so I'll stop mid-set, rack 'em, select higher weight and do a set right away, almost like an ascending super set, haha.

In that case I would just finish off an easy 8-10 reps and stop no where near failure. I do like ascending sets though!

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:23 pm

heard that my brother. Training occurs every week - that is about the only consistent factor lol. could be morning, could be night, could be late night - i try to keep my pre, intra, post consistent, but depending on when i train i might be 4 meals deep, i might be 30 mins deep into 1 meal - all depends whats going on. At this point, im happy with making it 5 days a week, maybe when life calms down i can start tracking again - but life doesnt look calm on the horizon haha.

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:24 pm

Sleeepppppp - oh how i miss theeeee :|

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:36 pm
Standing leg curl - 2 warm up, then sets of 8 superset with barbell stiff leg deads sets of 8 (5 rounds)

leg press - sets of 15 adding a plate until cant do 15

hack squats superset with Bulgarian split squats (12, 10, 10, 8)

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:39 pm
Hammer Press - 4 x 8 with hard flex each rep

incline barbell - 4 x 8

Flat dumbell - pause at bottom, squeeze 1 second at top - 3x10

decline smith - rest pause - 12, 10 , 8

cable side laterals - 4 x 20

one arm dumbell bent over rear laterals - 4 x 15

seated dumbell press - 3 x 8

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:40 pm
One arm barbell rows - sets of 8 until cant get 8

single arm supiinated pull downs - 4 x 8

stretchers - 3 x 10

barbell shrug - 3 x 10 with 2 second pause at top

banded hypers - 3 x failure

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:43 pm
Seated dumbell curls superset with ez bar preacher curls - 4 rounds x 8 reps each

ez bar reverse curl superset with dumbell hammer preacher curl - - 4 rounds x 12 reps each

follow with 30 second hard bi stretch

Tri pushdowns - 4 x 10 (heavy)

bench dips superset with dumbell ext behind the head - bench dips till failure, ext x 8 reps - 4 rounds

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:48 pm
Lying leg curls superset with bulgarian split squats x 4 rounds (15, 12, 10, 8)

leg press superset with adductor (leg press 1 plate x10, 2x20, 3x30, 4x40) (adductor till failure)

leg ext - 1 x 100

lat pulldown forward facing superset with lat pulldown backward facing - 4 round x 12

pull ups (assisted) - 3 x failure

chest supported rows - 3 x 15

hypers - 2 x failure

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:49 pm
front pulldowns - 2x15, 3x8

low cable row - 3x12

smith machine bent over rows (dead stop) - 12, 10, 8

deads - 4x5

hypers - 1 set to failure

J.Halladay
08-29-17, 1:52 pm
Machine press - 4 x 12, 4x8 (squeeeze and flex)

incline barbell - 5x5 (pause at bottom of each rep)

flat dumbbell - 10, 10, 10, then drop 6, then drop 6

cable side laterals - 4x20 (30 sec rest)

machine rear laterals - 3 x 25 (flex every rep)

Seated Smith Press - 4x8 (lower weight to top of head)

ChrisTuttle
08-30-17, 6:48 pm
Sleeepppppp - oh how i miss theeeee :|

HAHAH from kids I assume! I will be there next year buddy! Alexia and I are going to start trying when we get back from our honeymoon!

J.Halladay
09-22-17, 3:17 pm
HAHAH from kids I assume! I will be there next year buddy! Alexia and I are going to start trying when we get back from our honeymoon! ah, great news buddy! there is nothing more rewarding

J.Halladay
09-22-17, 3:22 pm
just got back from 4 days in Aurba. I was able to hit the gym once (and it was more like cardio than lifting), tried to stick to a decent diet while i was there - they had a ton of fresh fish which i had for most of my meals, but admittedly i didnt eat nearly enough while i was there - just tried to keep eveything in check. Enjoyed some time away with the fiancee doing nothing but sitting on the beach and by the pool - was a much needed break from life, and the gym. Got back on Wednesday and have hit legs, back and arms so far. Feeling good to be back - a tad "empty" the first few days, but getting food down now and getting some "pop" back. I am the "smallest" i have been in probably 9 years according to the scale, but am in pretty decent shape. Talked to my trainer last night and we are going to start adding some size back on slowly - keeping things in check, but upping the food. Im excited to get growing again.

J.Halladay
09-22-17, 3:26 pm
lying leg curls - 3 warm ups, then 4 sets of 10 with 3 second negatives

leg press - sets of 25 adding weight until unable to do 25

machine leg press - 1) 20 reps 2) up weight, 15 reps + 5 rest pause 3) up weight, 10 reps + 10 rep pause 4) up weight, 5 reps + 15 rest pause

reverse lunge - 4 sets 10 (each leg)

dumbell stiffs - 3x10

J.Halladay
09-22-17, 3:28 pm
one arm barbell rows - 3 warm ups, 4x10

close grip low row - 4x8 with 1 second hold, and 3 second negative

dumbell pullover - 4x10

rack pulls - 3x5

Assisted chins - 4x10

weighted hang - 1 set till failure

J.Halladay
09-22-17, 3:29 pm
seated incline curls - 4x8 with 3 second descent

hammer curls - 4x10

preacher curls - 12, 10, 8, 6

v bar pushdown - 4x25

dip machine - 4x failure with 4 second negatives

incline skullcrushers - 4x12

J.Halladay
09-25-17, 11:09 am
Incline dumbbell press - sets of 8 until cant get 8

incline bench press - 2 warm ups, then 4 sets of 6

incline dumbbell fly - 3 x 16

Ladder pushups - 3 x failure, bar at bottom of smith, failure, then move up 2 clicks, failure, then move up 2 clicks, failure

Reverse Pec Deck - 4 x 14

overhead press superset with side laterals - 10 reps on both x 4 rounds

J.Halladay
09-25-17, 11:11 am
Meadows rows - sets of 8 until cant get 8

low row - 4 x 10

Mag Grip Pull downs - 4 x 10

Pullovers - 4 x 10

Calves + Abs Circuit

ChrisTuttle
09-26-17, 8:36 pm
just got back from 4 days in Aurba. I was able to hit the gym once (and it was more like cardio than lifting), tried to stick to a decent diet while i was there - they had a ton of fresh fish which i had for most of my meals, but admittedly i didnt eat nearly enough while i was there - just tried to keep eveything in check. Enjoyed some time away with the fiancee doing nothing but sitting on the beach and by the pool - was a much needed break from life, and the gym. Got back on Wednesday and have hit legs, back and arms so far. Feeling good to be back - a tad "empty" the first few days, but getting food down now and getting some "pop" back. I am the "smallest" i have been in probably 9 years according to the scale, but am in pretty decent shape. Talked to my trainer last night and we are going to start adding some size back on slowly - keeping things in check, but upping the food. Im excited to get growing again.

Dude you will bounce back! I know the feeling! You are right! Time away with the people who are most important to us def trumps bodybuilding!

What gyms do you recommend there? I am going for 9 days for my honey moon in Dec!

J.Halladay
11-16-17, 10:07 am
been getting some more food down, training has been great, up about 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks. Backing off on the food a tad to level out, make sure i can hold this weight consistently, then going to push it again. Currently hanging out about 233ish. Feeling strong and more importantly, my stomach is holding up pretty well pushing more food which has always been an issue - thats why i want to back off it a tad, make sure i dont overdo it, then do another small push. only looking to put on another few lbs, keep it tight, and add quality size. 2018 is going to be a crazy year, we will see if i can squeeze a show in there at some point :)

ChrisTuttle
11-18-17, 6:51 am
been getting some more food down, training has been great, up about 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks. Backing off on the food a tad to level out, make sure i can hold this weight consistently, then going to push it again. Currently hanging out about 233ish. Feeling strong and more importantly, my stomach is holding up pretty well pushing more food which has always been an issue - thats why i want to back off it a tad, make sure i dont overdo it, then do another small push. only looking to put on another few lbs, keep it tight, and add quality size. 2018 is going to be a crazy year, we will see if i can squeeze a show in there at some point :)

I like it! I have learned that too! Force feeding your body just does not work and in most people backfires.

J.Halladay
11-20-17, 9:00 am
I like it! I have learned that too! Force feeding your body just does not work and in most people backfires.

Exactly! AM weight this morning was 234 - so far so good!

J.Halladay
11-20-17, 9:02 am
Cable row - lets of 10 working weight until 10 is very hard, then 3 sets

Prone Shrugs - 3 x 10

Face Pulls - 3 x 12

Dumbell pullovers - 3 x 10

Deadstop dumbell rows - 3 x 10

Dumbell shrugs 3 x 12 with 3 sec holds

Banded Hypers - 3 x failure

J.Halladay
11-20-17, 9:05 am
ez bar curl - 3 x 15 for warm ups, then 10 reps with 10 seconds rest x 5

hammer curls - 10 reps, 10 sec rest x 5

ex bar preacher curl - 3 x 10 3 sec eccentric

tri - set x 3 rounds:

rope pushdowns x 15
dips between benches x failure
db kickbacks x 8

Superset (2 rounds):

Skuullcrushers x 10 reps
seated overhead db ext x 8

J.Halladay
11-20-17, 9:08 am
laying curls - 4 x 10 suerset with walking lunges x failure

high and wide leg press - start with 2 plates per side, add 1 plate per side until cant get 8 reps

leg ext superset with adductors - 3 x 15

front and back lat pulldowns (10 front, 10 back) x 3

pullover machine: 3 x failure

cable rows 3 x 12

J.Halladay
11-20-17, 9:10 am
Machine Shoulder press - work the rack - start light, take small jumps until cant get 8 reps

DB swings - 60 reps, cut weight in half, 30 reps, cut weight in half 15 reps (1 set)

Shrugs - 3x15 with 3 sec squeeze

side laterals 3x15

dips - 3 x 15

single arm tri ext - 3 x 15

tri pushdowns - 3 x 15

ChrisTuttle
11-20-17, 9:16 pm
Exactly! AM weight this morning was 234 - so far so good!

Awesome! I know that is a lean 234 as well!

J.Halladay
11-30-17, 11:38 am
Awesome! I know that is a lean 234 as well! not as lean as i would like it, but isnt that how it always is?! hahaha