PDA

View Full Version : Braddy's Garage Quest

DJBraddy
06-23-16, 9:05 pm
What's up guys? It has been a long time since I have been on here. I am just getting healthy again and back on the grind like I was before. I figured it was time to get back on the forum and be accountable to someone. My training these days is fairly simple... Not worried to much about percentages just building my foundation back up. This has been a really good week so far. Nothing but 3x5s all week on all lifts. Slit is something like this:
Mon - High Bar Back Squat - 265 3x5
Tue - Bench Press - 245 3x5
Wed - Front Squat - 205-205-225 3x5 / Deadlift - 345 3x5
Thu - Press - 135 3x5
Fri - Low Bar Back Squat - 3x5 (not sure what I will shoot for)

Next week will be the same split with sets/reps being 5x4 more than likely with hopefully 5-10 pounds added to each lift.

Strength & Honor
Dylan

GunRock
06-24-16, 2:27 am
What's up guys? It has been a long time since I have been on here. I am just getting healthy again and back on the grind like I was before. I figured it was time to get back on the forum and be accountable to someone. My training these days is fairly simple... Not worried to much about percentages just building my foundation back up. This has been a really good week so far. Nothing but 3x5s all week on all lifts. Slit is something like this:
Mon - High Bar Back Squat - 265 3x5
Tue - Bench Press - 245 3x5
Wed - Front Squat - 205-205-225 3x5 / Deadlift - 345 3x5
Thu - Press - 135 3x5
Fri - Low Bar Back Squat - 3x5 (not sure what I will shoot for)

Next week will be the same split with sets/reps being 5x4 more than likely with hopefully 5-10 pounds added to each lift.

Strength & Honor
Dylan

Welcome back. I enjoyed the video of your garage gym on IG by the way. Simple training has been getting results since a little Greek boy named Milo started carrying his baby cow around.

Ed Eliason
06-24-16, 7:17 am
Nice! I'm looking forward to following your journey. I also train out of my garage, part time at least. Time to do some work!

DJBraddy
06-25-16, 12:19 am
So today I was battling some demons as I started out going to a big gym on base but then as soon as I got there I realized that I really wanted to be alone in my garage all covered in sweat with only myself and the weights on my back. I guess what really turned me around was when I realized that I had a red Animal tee on, and I recalled a IG post by Animal talking about how we were different because we were Animals.... So I was like huh....am I really different if I just go to a big gym to be seen by everyone working out or is the real me the guy alone in my garage grinding out reps with nothing but the weights, the music and my self. I have completed my 3x5 week successfully. Nothing was going to stop me no matter how hard my demons tried. I crushed two sets of 5 with 295 and finished with 315, which I was barely able to grind out singles with either of those maybe two weeks ago. Progress is being made. My weight is also up to 170-175 which is nice. Now I just need to get my weights up to go with it. I am trying to decide if I want to compete or just keep on doing my thing. Anyways today went like this:

Low Bar Back Squat - 3x5 295-295-315
High Bar Back Squat - (pauses) 2x3 135 3x1 225
High Bar Dead Stop Squats - 205 3x3

I have honestly been keeping it simple like this for the past few weeks. I think it is working for me so I am gonna stick to it.

Anyways stay strong brothers until next time.
Dylan

GunRock
02-04-17, 10:12 pm
So today I was battling some demons as I started out going to a big gym on base but then as soon as I got there I realized that I really wanted to be alone in my garage all covered in sweat with only myself and the weights on my back. I guess what really turned me around was when I realized that I had a red Animal tee on, and I recalled a IG post by Animal talking about how we were different because we were Animals.... So I was like huh....am I really different if I just go to a big gym to be seen by everyone working out or is the real me the guy alone in my garage grinding out reps with nothing but the weights, the music and my self. I have completed my 3x5 week successfully. Nothing was going to stop me no matter how hard my demons tried. I crushed two sets of 5 with 295 and finished with 315, which I was barely able to grind out singles with either of those maybe two weeks ago. Progress is being made. My weight is also up to 170-175 which is nice. Now I just need to get my weights up to go with it. I am trying to decide if I want to compete or just keep on doing my thing. Anyways today went like this:

Low Bar Back Squat - 3x5 295-295-315
High Bar Back Squat - (pauses) 2x3 135 3x1 225
High Bar Dead Stop Squats - 205 3x3

I have honestly been keeping it simple like this for the past few weeks. I think it is working for me so I am gonna stick to it.

Anyways stay strong brothers until next time.
Dylan

Mos def. Keep it up Bruh.