PDA

View Full Version : Niacin

Appleton.Cory
06-24-16, 12:42 pm
Anyone else add Niacin (B3) into their preworkout?

I was introduced to it years ago when I first started lifting. Most pre's have some in them, but not near enough. I take 1000-2000mg a day, but it can NOT be the no-flush stuff. Has to be plain old Niacin in order to get the full effect.

I've only met one other lifter who likes the stuff. Gives you awesome pumps and it lowers blood pressure and cholesterol too! Two things that sups and high protein diets can raise.

Rex
07-10-16, 6:18 pm
Anyone else add Niacin (B3) into their preworkout?

I was introduced to it years ago when I first started lifting. Most pre's have some in them, but not near enough. I take 1000-2000mg a day, but it can NOT be the no-flush stuff. Has to be plain old Niacin in order to get the full effect.

I've only met one other lifter who likes the stuff. Gives you awesome pumps and it lowers blood pressure and cholesterol too! Two things that sups and high protein diets can raise.

Never even heard of it...

Appleton.Cory
07-11-16, 10:02 am
Niacin is just B3. It's in Animal Pak (82 mg which is 410% DV), but you won't feel it with that low of a dose. Taking 1000mg daily is more of a prescription dose, but there are tons of benefits to taking it. Just a quick google search on it will give you plenty of info. But taking such a high dose gives you a flush and tingle that helps with an awesome pump.

G Diesel
07-11-16, 5:11 pm
Niacin + Beta Alanine has a profound feeling when combined, which is why you see them in so many preworkouts.

Peace, G

Rex
07-12-16, 10:32 am
Niacin + Beta Alanine has a profound feeling when combined, which is why you see them in so many preworkouts.

Peace, G

Sounds like you have experience with those compounds.
Do we have a product containing them?

Nix0r
07-12-16, 11:01 am

Beta Ala9 from the Universal line has both of those.

I love that product.

Aggression
07-13-16, 1:17 pm
I remember when I first got hired at Universal. Enforce sat across from me and convinced me that the recommended dose of BetaAla9 wasn't enough and to basically double up. At the time, he outweighed me by probably 50lbs and all 50lbs was muscle. So I took his advice .. and thought I was going to die.

G Diesel
07-14-16, 1:55 pm

Rage XL is one.

I remember when I first got hired at Universal. Enforce sat across from me and convinced me that the recommended dose of BetaAla9 wasn't enough and to basically double up. At the time, he outweighed me by probably 50lbs and all 50lbs was muscle. So I took his advice .. and thought I was going to die.

Haha. YES. From the old "if some is good, more is better" school of hard knocks.

Peace, G

Rex
07-18-16, 10:27 am
Rage XL is one.

Peace, G

I didnīt realize that. So I have used it after all.

Thanks G!