PDA

View Full Version : Plantar Fasciitis Ongoing 6 Months

weaguilera
06-27-16, 11:01 am
Has anyone dealt with this? Doctors keep telling me to take time off training but I don't really feel like doing that. I'm training for Boss of Bosses at the moment and then another meet in Oct. I never run as most of us. Haha. But the pain is so annoying throughout the day and it hurts while I lift, although not as much as the rest of the day. I can crank out some weight but I have this fucked up limp that makes walking difficult.

Btw: I have tried icing, splint, cortisone (lasted a week), custom orthotics, stretching, taping, tons of ibuprofen, prescribed anti-inflammatory, and even taking a week off training. No Dice.

Any of you have any other tips or what you have done? I can push through the pain so don't get my wrong. No bitching here, but I feel like I can probably get more without the injury.

Going to squat today. Last week I got 5X5 335 in chucks. I only wear them for squats and deadlifts and I picked up a pair of Crossfit Lite TRs to see if they help a bit.

Cellardweller
06-28-16, 3:25 pm
I have very flat feet. I recently had tendinitis related to this. I had pain from the bottom of my foot wrapping around the inside of my ankle and radiating up the inside of my calf. I had to take time off lifting, there just wasn't any other way. I had a split that was specific for this, not over the counter. Ice was amazing and Mike Hooker suggested making an ice bath and dunking my whole lower leg in it. I bought a small bag of ice at the gas station and put it in a cooler, filled it with the garden hose and sat outside with a book a couple times after the gym. Great idea. Besides ice, orthotics and motrin, what I've done in the past is stretch my foot and ankle with a band. Just loop it under your foot and tug on it some when you're watching TV or something. Another thing is rolling a baseball under my foot in the arch. Just go up and down your foot.

Sometimes you just have to take the time off though. You can still train upper body though. This last time with the tendinitis I got inventive. I could deadlift light but not squat. Deads you just have to reach down and pull. Squats you have to walk out and my foot wasn't happy with that at all. Heavy anything was bad. Strict standing overhead press wasn't bad since the weight wasn't heavy compared to what you can squat or pull. Shrugs were out. I did seated shrugs so I was off my feet and did standing overhead BB shrugs in the power rack too. Very cool implement and a different feel for sure.

Take your Flex. I started taking Universal Jointment on top of the Flex this last time too. I was doing Jointment in the AM, Flex at lunch and Jointment in the evening sometime.

Hope this helps some.

weaguilera
06-30-16, 12:46 pm
That sounds similar to what I have going on. Except the pain travels to the lateral side of my ankle, calf, and knee.

I've tried the ball and a frozen water bottle but for some reason never thought of doing a full ice submersion. I will try this today. I had a light bench day but just walking around aggravates it so any day is a good day.

Thanks for the suggestion.

IronWilson
07-02-16, 7:43 am
My chiropractor diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis a while ago, but it wouldn't go away after I tried everything. It turned out to be Sciatica. Sciatica is when your sciatic nerve (In your lower back near L4-L5) gets pinched. The sciatic nerve travels from your lower back, all the way down your hamstring, to your ankles, down the bottom of your foot.

If you have pain in the plantar fascia as well as your ankle/shin area, it might be Sciatica. Does your lower back hurt at all? If it is, in this case, the cure unfortunately will be to take a week or to off almost completely, then slowly come back to training lower back, legs, and especially squats and deadlifts.

weaguilera
07-02-16, 8:12 pm
My chiropractor diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis a while ago, but it wouldn't go away after I tried everything. It turned out to be Sciatica. Sciatica is when your sciatic nerve (In your lower back near L4-L5) gets pinched. The sciatic nerve travels from your lower back, all the way down your hamstring, to your ankles, down the bottom of your foot.

If you have pain in the plantar fascia as well as your ankle/shin area, it might be Sciatica. Does your lower back hurt at all? If it is, in this case, the cure unfortunately will be to take a week or to off almost completely, then slowly come back to training lower back, legs, and especially squats and deadlifts.

Lower back actually was hurting for a while. However, I self diagnosed it as an SI injury. I took a week off before my meet and the pain was gone for the meet and hasn't come back. I do sometimes get lower back pain by the end of the week but I think it's from training (deads, deficit deads, SLD).

I'm going to get a second opinion here soon. The VA sucks

weaguilera
08-21-16, 1:52 pm
Well, I just finished up with my meet and now I'm going to take some time off my foot. I'm scheduling an appoint to get my foot looked at but I'm going to start on a Bench Only plan.

As of now, my recommendation to others is. If you have plantar fasciitis. Don't squat or deadlift with it cause it has not gotten better no matter what else I try.