PDA

View Full Version : But how much is enough..

DGymn
07-15-16, 1:52 pm
In the upcoming sports off-season I'll be taking my time to do more less specific work that has a good carry over to my sport. In this off-season I want to gain as much strenght as I can.
In the competition season, I pretty much know the training volume I can handle since I've been doing that for a really long time. But every year I struggle to make the progression I need for the next year. The major question for me is: How much volume can I handle? (MRV)

My first week would look like this:

Monday
Exercise 1: 4x12
Exercise 2: 4x12
Exercise 3: 3x Strenghtserie assisted by coach

Wednesday:
Exercise 1: 4x10
Exercise 2: 4x10

Friday:
Exercise 1: 4x8
Exercise 2: 4x8

Sunday:
Exercise 1:3x Strenghtserie assisted by coach

Is this a decent point to start at? If I progress slowly I can start adding sets for each exercise or some accessory work right, but until what point is this beneficial? As the weeks go by I'll turn up the intensity and try to auto-regulate, any advice on this?

Rex
07-17-16, 11:11 am
Your question is impossible to answer since so many factors play a role. Inside and outside of the gym.

How intense are your sessions?
Are you sleeping/recovering properly during sessions?
How is your diet?
Supplementation?
Water intake?
Age?
Genetic capability to rebuild and recover?
Health?

The only one to answer your question is you. And you will find that answer by trial and error.

DGymn
07-17-16, 1:25 pm
Your question is impossible to answer since so many factors play a role. Inside and outside of the gym.

How intense are your sessions?
Are you sleeping/recovering properly during sessions?
How is your diet?
Supplementation?
Water intake?
Age?
Genetic capability to rebuild and recover?
Health?

The only one to answer your question is you. And you will find that answer by trial and error.

I didn't make the question verry clear, what I wanted to ask is, is this a good point to set-up my 'trail and error'?

spartan300
07-17-16, 5:51 pm
In the upcoming sports off-season I'll be taking my time to do more less specific work that has a good carry over to my sport. In this off-season I want to gain as much strenght as I can.
In the competition season, I pretty much know the training volume I can handle since I've been doing that for a really long time. But every year I struggle to make the progression I need for the next year. The major question for me is: How much volume can I handle? (MRV)

My first week would look like this:

Monday
Exercise 1: 4x12
Exercise 2: 4x12

Wednesday:
Exercise 1: 4x10
Exercise 2: 4x10

Friday:
Exercise 1: 4x8
Exercise 2: 4x8

Sunday:
Exercise 1:3x Strenghtserie assisted by coach

Is this a decent point to start at? If I progress slowly I can start adding sets for each exercise or some accessory work right, but until what point is this beneficial? As the weeks go by I'll turn up the intensity and try to auto-regulate, any advice on this?

Based on the info provided. I would be remiss to suggest anything even remotely close to an answer to your post.

Cellardweller
07-17-16, 8:23 pm
What sport are you training for? What kind of progression are you looking at for the next season? Goals? You're already working with a coach everyday? Or thats what it looks like. What's coach's input? Like Rex said, diet and recovery are as important as what you do in the gym, so what's the diet look like? You have to eat for your goals.

Rex
07-20-16, 6:14 pm
I didn't make the question verry clear, what I wanted to ask is, is this a good point to set-up my 'trail and error'?

I would say. YES, it is. Go for it.