PDA

View Full Version : Deep thoughts...

spartan300
07-16-16, 4:42 pm
Bill Pearl... Once told me without at least 10 hours of restful sleep a night I was wasting my time and wouldn't be able to grow.

How discouraging after I had just poured my heart out to him about having to work two jobs and averaging a little more than 4 hours a night. What a douche!

Bob Gajda... Wanted to sell me a $400 "silver" training program after I had asked him for some simple bodybuilding advice.

Mind you I had recently won the Illinois and Chicago titles, and if you didn't already know the "silver" program was a beginners plan. How rude!

Boyer Coe... After assessing my physique before the '81 nationals he simply stated "time to shit or get off the pot"

His way of saying either do the drugs or pick up tennis. Thanks Boyer!

tzone
07-17-16, 9:30 am
Sounds like you've met a lot of the greats of yesteryear.

I can't remember the last time I ever slept 10 hours at once! I usually average around 5-6.

spartan300
07-17-16, 5:40 pm
Sounds like you've met a lot of the greats of yesteryear.

I can't remember the last time I ever slept 10 hours at once! I usually average around 5-6.

Self absorbed assholes! With the exception of Boyer Coe who was brutally honest. I can respect that.

G Diesel
07-18-16, 12:31 pm
Worst of them all was the Bill Pearl commentary.

Nothing I despise more than condescension from people who do not understand how the world works or how real people live. What he should've told you, is that you're a warrior for sacrificing for your dream and not caving to your circumstances.

Peace, G

Bean
07-19-16, 10:38 am
That's why you are not a sheep....a sheep would have quit their second job to get the sleep but then realized they didn't have the 400 bucks to just be part of somebodies' program so then they would go out and rob a gas station to pay for that silver plan...which would end up in an arrest and paying 20x the going rate for muscle stimulants which of course would be paid with commissary or ass...but hey...you would have muscles for all the boys on the yard. Good thing you are not a sheep and were and are able to think for yourself.

spartan300
07-20-16, 9:13 am
Worst of them all was the Bill Pearl commentary.

Nothing I despise more than condescension from people who do not understand how the world works or how real people live. What he should've told you, is that you're a warrior for sacrificing for your dream and not caving to your circumstances.

Peace, G

You have wisdom and vision well beyond your years my friend! Much respect.

spartan300
07-20-16, 9:16 am
That's why you are not a sheep....a sheep would have quit their second job to get the sleep but then realized they didn't have the 400 bucks to just be part of somebodies' program so then they would go out and rob a gas station to pay for that silver plan...which would end up in an arrest and paying 20x the going rate for muscle stimulants which of course would be paid with commissary or ass...but hey...you would have muscles for all the boys on the yard. Good thing you are not a sheep and were and are able to think for yourself.

Thanks Bean!

IRN-NML
07-20-16, 7:25 pm
Seems the most nods, helpful advice, motivational support-positive iron reinforcement in all the years/gyms has come from the ones who are far and away at the top in the gym as far as strength or muscle mass; short or tall. Those bits of support that didn't cost anything and who knows where they are now, are still appreciated.

spartan300
07-21-16, 6:36 pm
Seems the most nods, helpful advice, motivational support-positive iron reinforcement in all the years/gyms has come from the ones who are far and away at the top in the gym as far as strength or muscle mass; short or tall. Those bits of support that didn't cost anything and who knows where they are now, are still appreciated.

Until I perish from this earth....

IRN-NML
07-22-16, 8:44 am
Until I perish from this earth....

and, with motivation, that which didn't kill us, was probably a PR.

spartan300
07-22-16, 5:26 pm
and, with motivation, that which didn't kill us, was probably a PR.

Hellacious insight colonel!