PDA

View Full Version : Road to 1500....13 weeks away!

fitness_related_username
08-05-16, 1:29 pm
Hey guys,
I'm 1 week away from beginning my 12 week meet prep for RPS Autumn Apocalypse on November 12th.
This will be my 2nd full power meet this year and 3rd all together. December 13th, 2015, I totaled 1290 - May 22nd, 2016, totaled 1430 - this meet I'm looking to total 1500.
May's meet was the first time I did a real prep, I was coached by Henri Skiba and Gabriel Napinski, both great lifters and coaches.
This time around I plan to take what I've learned from them and some other great lifters I've met this year and create my own successful prep.
I'm looking to top my performance from May, won't be easy considering I went 9/9 (27 whites) and finally hit that 600lb deadlift.

I'll be posting here at the end of each week during prep about how the week went and what changes I've made or need to be made.

Thanks for the support!
Matt

fitness_related_username
09-03-16, 7:37 am
I haven't been able to update this as Ive been crazy busy getting ready to head back to school this week.

Week 1&2 of my 12 week prep are done! It feels great to actually be on a program again and be lifting towards something.
This time around I've incorporated SSB squats for the first few weeks, the reason for this is one of my weaknesses in the squat is my upper back and keeping myself upright. I have already seen a bit of a transfer in this small time so that excites me.
The frequency (squatting 4x, benching 4x) a week definitely has me feeling sore but thats what I expected.
I've also incorporated yields which I believe are one of the main causes of the increase in my squat last prep. They teach met keep tight through the entire lift and explode out of the hole.

Whats your opinion of incorporating alternate movements in prep programs? Such as yields or even different bars (ssb).