PDA

View Full Version : Training 7 days per week

mass3011
08-06-16, 3:37 am
Any one train 7 days a week? I've seen Phil dose pre contest. Kai has stated he sometimes does, and I have used John meadows variation of his 7 day split with decent results for 5ish weeks. My view is that you have to carefully plan volume and how far you push your sets to and past failure. As you could beat up your CNS. With John's meadows you do Base workouts and then pump workouts where you still train hard but don't do super heavy Barbell movements and avoid training to failure. With the Base workouts you increase intensity and volume gradually but again don't take all sets to failure just a few if any.

What's every one eles think?

spartan300
08-06-16, 9:21 pm
Any one train 7 days a week? I've seen Phil dose pre contest. Kai has stated he sometimes does, and I have used John meadows variation of his 7 day split with decent results for 5ish weeks. My view is that you have to carefully plan volume and how far you push your sets to and past failure. As you could beat up your CNS. With John's meadows you do Base workouts and then pump workouts where you still train hard but don't do super heavy Barbell movements and avoid training to failure. With the Base workouts you increase intensity and volume gradually but again don't take all sets to failure just a few if any.

What's every one eles think?

I wouldn't recommend training to failure if you do. Haney said it best Stimulate don't annihilate. Cycling poundages worked best for me. Mostly light to moderate poundages challenging the muscles with heavier weights every 6-8 weeks. Then reset your working poundages based on your new personal bests.