PDA

View Full Version : Never settle...

spartan300
08-06-16, 9:07 pm
Keep on keepin' on. I loved that saying. Because of this simple phrase I learned to ignore the nay sayers back before my competitive days. People who criticized and belittled my efforts. People who's opinions I respected. Your arms are too small!
You got no chest! You call those calves? I still wanted to be Mr. Illinois! Let no one discourage you in your pursuit of lofty aspirations. The sky is the fucking limit! I was persistent and refused to take no for an answer. I spoke to no one after that initial "assessment" that was April. Day in, day out I trained. 20, 30, 40 sets a body part. calves 4-5 days a week. Hundreds of reps of ab work daily. I was too stupid to listen to reason. I was fucking determined. I thought to myself Screw those guys! They don't know ME! Despite there attempts to discourage, I did prevail. It was February I had just finished my workout. I decided today was the day I was going to practice a little posing. I stripped off my shit and started hitting shot after shot before I knew it a little crowd had gathered yes even some of the guys who were so sure I would fail, watched in disbelief. It was priceless seeing there faces. I then asked do you guys think I got a shot? Those guys said nothing and went back to training the others could not say enough about my metamorphosis. I will say this about those arrogant jerk offs, they did convince me of one thing, NEVER SAY NEVER!