PDA

View Full Version : Soreness below knee cap

hkusp45
08-08-16, 11:01 am
Hi guys I've been trying to search this online but I keep pulling up actual knee cap issues.

For a few weeks now my upper shin has been sore, right below the knee cap but not the knee cap at itself. I try and run almost every Saturday, only for about 2 miles and sometimes the bottom of my shins are sore if I am going at an incline. Only while I'm running I feel that soreness and once I'm done it doesn't bother me.

Has anyone had this problem before. My leg day is today and I'm not sure if I should skip it and do something else or just for it.

Any advice would be helpful.

EthanBrooks
08-08-16, 3:23 pm
Hi guys I've been trying to search this online but I keep pulling up actual knee cap issues.

For a few weeks now my upper shin has been sore, right below the knee cap but not the knee cap at itself. I try and run almost every Saturday, only for about 2 miles and sometimes the bottom of my shins are sore if I am going at an incline. Only while I'm running I feel that soreness and once I'm done it doesn't bother me.

Has anyone had this problem before. My leg day is today and I'm not sure if I should skip it and do something else or just for it.

Any advice would be helpful.

After a crazy calf workout my upper shins tend to be sore for 3-5 days, it could be that or it could be because running is high impact and it's taking a toll on you. If the soreness continues for a few weeks, see a doctor.

hkusp45
08-08-16, 3:41 pm
Ya I didn't run this Saturday and I'm trying to think if it was sore right after I ran the Saturday before or not...

Nmowery
08-08-16, 8:18 pm
Have you poked around at your patellar tendon to see if it's tender/sore? Or is it in the deeper tissue beneath it?

MRmichael.hooker
08-08-16, 8:35 pm
Do you warm up at all before you run? Also, are you stretching after your runs? Not just, bend over and stretching your ham string for a few seconds and then your quads and calling it a day. But actually, streeeetching? As a former distance runner and racer, I know I had to make sure I kept my ankles loose, my shins and calves loose, it bands, and hip flexors. It's all tied in together. Not saying that is for sure what's causing the pain, but typically a good place to start is making sure you're stretching well and foam rolling. I'd also suggest soaking your legs in an ice bath 1-2x and seeing if that helps as well