PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on juggernaut

jz17
08-14-16, 8:30 pm
Hey guys I have been tweaking with my own powerlifting program for about 6 months but I'm not seeing measurable results with my own programming. I've given thought to a coach and also to something different. I've recently stumbled on the Juggernaut powerlifting templates for sale. I was wondering if anyone has tried this before and if they would recommend investing in it?
Thanks guys

GunRock
03-29-17, 3:53 pm
Hey guys I have been tweaking with my own powerlifting program for about 6 months but I'm not seeing measurable results with my own programming. I've given thought to a coach and also to something different. I've recently stumbled on the Juggernaut powerlifting templates for sale. I was wondering if anyone has tried this before and if they would recommend investing in it?
Thanks guys

I've tried it and I actually like it better than 5/3/1 or The Cube Method. That being said, Juggernaut is influenced in part by 5/3/1. It seems a little complicated on the front end but if you take the time to create a spreadsheet like you should for any percentage based progression program it takes a lot of guesswork out of training. One complaint people usually have is what happens if you feel great one day or don't have as much in you and can't hit your numbers?

Feel great: You'll hit more reps on your submax or AMRAP set I don't see the problem
Don't feel strong: That's why you're working off 90% of your max to account for days when you feel sluggish. If it becomes a problem, just retest your max.

my two cents.

Jay Nera
04-30-17, 1:13 am
I'm not one for cookie cut programs. But it nevers hurts to grab a template and familiarize yourself with the concepts and methods used to implement the concepts. At the very least if after a few weeks you decide the template isn't for you, you will have gained a bit of knowledge.

Aggression
04-30-17, 3:26 pm
I looked into the original template a while back but passed on it due to the lower percentages at the start. Some people like it, others don't. Personally, I like/need to lift heavier weight more frequently, more like a max effort type thing. To each, their own.

Jay Nera
05-31-17, 12:51 am
Thanks guys

haven't heard back. Did you try it? thoughts? gains?