PDA

View Full Version : New Animal Site Design

B.C.
08-19-16, 1:46 am
I may be a little late to the party on this one as I don't go to the home page a lot...but YO, the new page design is LEGIT!! I like everything about it...and I just wanted to get that out there for the Powers That Be to see. NICE JOB to the team that designed it.

B.C.

Appleton.Cory
08-19-16, 8:33 am
I may be a little late to the party on this one as I don't go to the home page a lot...but YO, the new page design is LEGIT!! I like everything about it...and I just wanted to get that out there for the Powers That Be to see. NICE JOB to the team that designed it.

B.C.

Agreed

Cellardweller
08-19-16, 8:51 am
I get all pumped up when I see House with his mohawk.

BCent
08-19-16, 9:03 am
Definitely an awesome redesign, on the UniversalUSA site as well!!

MELTDOWN
08-19-16, 10:24 am
After using the original site since 2007, takes some getting used to for sure, but change is good.

That said, can some one help an old fart out in finding some pages and articles?

G Diesel's Diary of a Mad Man. the Training routines, etc. Or I am just missing it, as my older bookmarked pages all drop back to the new home page.

And the Search function yields nothing.

Razor
08-19-16, 11:53 am
Its pretty badass. There might still be a few things they're working on/out but im sure everything will be there soon.

BCent
08-19-16, 1:50 pm
After using the original site since 2007, takes some getting used to for sure, but change is good.

That said, can some one help an old fart out in finding some pages and articles?

G Diesel's Diary of a Mad Man. the Training routines, etc. Or I am just missing it, as my older bookmarked pages all drop back to the new home page.

I saw some stuff written by G in the "living" section- is it possible that this is the old Diary of a Madman just with a different title?

Gullinborsti
08-19-16, 3:40 pm

The same thing happened to me and my old bookmarks. For example, the Sleep Roundtable seems to be gone.

Cellardweller
08-19-16, 5:52 pm
The same thing happened to me and my old bookmarks. For example, the Sleep Roundtable seems to be gone.

Love your screen name. Big fan of Norse mythology.

Jay
08-19-16, 8:03 pm
Cool design for sure! Easier to navigate through the products.
Although I was bummed the universal forums are gone, the new design over there came out great too.

deanna7272
08-20-16, 9:28 am
I stumbled across it also (I have been accessing the Forvm from my saved tab since school let out)... Awesome!!!

Sprint
08-21-16, 11:10 am

Having the exact same problem myself.

IRN-NML
08-25-16, 11:27 am
I see a few pages added to the archives since the new site started, but hate to think the tons of articles, routines & info. from the old site are gone for good. Plenty of times there sentences or tips here and there that were huge motivators and help.

Animal
09-02-16, 4:25 pm
Thanks for all the feedback regarding the brand new www.Animalpak.com. It's been a long time coming.

If there's something you'd like to see different or changed, post your comments here. We are always looking to tweak and update the site. Please feel free to be brutally honest. We respect all opinion and, trust us, we have thick skin. At the end of the day, if the site doesn't work of you, then it's not working right.

Sprint
09-04-16, 3:20 am
Thanks for all the feedback regarding the brand new www.Animalpak.com. It's been a long time coming.

If there's something you'd like to see different or changed, post your comments here. We are always looking to tweak and update the site. Please feel free to be brutally honest. We respect all opinion and, trust us, we have thick skin. At the end of the day, if the site doesn't work of you, then it's not working right.

The Diary Of A Madman series by G Diesel, I'd like to see those posts back up somewhere. So much knowledge, wisdom & inspiration just getting wiped out isn't right. You wouldn't set fire to books to heat yourself when you've got an electric blanket next to you.

MELTDOWN
09-06-16, 1:31 pm
The Diary Of A Madman series by G Diesel, I'd like to see those posts back up somewhere. So much knowledge, wisdom & inspiration just getting wiped out isn't right. You wouldn't set fire to books to heat yourself when you've got an electric blanket next to you.

AMEN brother, good fire / blanket reference..... I've Always look forward to G's insight and words. Lots of real life applications in his articles.

Also would like the ROUTINES section somewhere. Another source I used, even parted and pieced together workouts, to keep things fresh.

I think folks would like access to those 2 sections, and probably a few more.

Other than that, I have no issues with the updated site and design, so Crack On !!

Animal
09-06-16, 4:43 pm
Cool design for sure! Easier to navigate through the products.
Although I was bummed the universal forums are gone, the new design over there came out great too.

Different look but same vibe I think: https://www.universalusa.com

P Diesel
09-09-16, 9:55 am

been told that mostly all of the 'old' articles will not be coming over with the new site

P

Sprint
09-09-16, 2:16 pm
been told that mostly all of the 'old' articles will not be coming over with the new site

P

What a waste of hard work and inspiration

P Diesel
09-09-16, 2:25 pm
What a waste of hard work and inspiration

sumone had asked where they could find one of mine. I went to look for it and that's how I found out. it is def a shame cuz there was sum serious knowledge and insight in those archives, as far as back to ones that I read when I was a young lifter. I guess we just gotta right new stuff and bring back sum old thoughts in the process.

but the new layout out and design is tough as shit.

P

Animal
09-09-16, 3:58 pm

P

Maybe not all, but based on feedback here, we can try to bring back some more.

Sprint
09-09-16, 6:26 pm
sumone had asked where they could find one of mine. I went to look for it and that's how I found out. it is def a shame cuz there was sum serious knowledge and insight in those archives, as far as back to ones that I read when I was a young lifter. I guess we just gotta right new stuff and bring back sum old thoughts in the process.

P

Some of yours were black & white gold as well. It can't be too difficult for the powers that be to upload a link to archived articles. For a company who prides themselves on history and their roots, to just wipe out all of that seems a bit...off.

Aggression
09-10-16, 11:08 am

P

Those old articles are what brought me to this brand. There should at least be an archived folder or something of all the old stuff. Can't take up too much space in terms of bandwidth; it's just text. I feel it's a disservice to the roots of this brand to just toss aside what brought so many of us here in the first place. I get it, there's new articles and content. And some of those that wrote the OG articles are still writing articles today. But some aren't. Maybe its just b/c I don't like change.

Cellardweller
09-10-16, 8:53 pm
Those old articles are what brought me to this brand. There should at least be an archived folder or something of all the old stuff. Can't take up too much space in terms of bandwidth; it's just text. I feel it's a disservice to the roots of this brand to just toss aside what brought so many of us here in the first place. I get it, there's new articles and content. And some of those that wrote the OG articles are still writing articles today. But some aren't. Maybe its just b/c I don't like change.

Same here. Those articles are what brought me here and inspired me to change my life. They can't go away. The no holds barred, Animal state of mind and attitude of those articles can't be replaced with videos. How to bench or deadlift vids or how to eat vids are all over the internet, but what's in those articles isn't anywhere else but Animal. If you start making videos of Machine and P Diesel looking straight into the camera and into my soul telling me the only way I can achieve my goals is through pain, sacrifice and more pain, then maybe you can toss the articles. Maybe. If all Animal has to offer is "how to" videos then what is it that separates us from Bodybuilding.com, tNation or eliteFTS? What is Animal?

Aggression
09-11-16, 8:11 am
Same here. Those articles are what brought me here and inspired me to change my life. They can't go away. The no holds barred, Animal state of mind and attitude of those articles can't be replaced with videos. How to bench or deadlift vids or how to eat vids are all over the internet, but what's in those articles isn't anywhere else but Animal. If you start making videos of Machine and P Diesel looking straight into the camera and into my soul telling me the only way I can achieve my goals is through pain, sacrifice and more pain, then maybe you can toss the articles. Maybe. If all Animal has to offer is "how to" videos then what is it that separates us from Bodybuilding.com, tNation or eliteFTS? What is Animal?

Well put.

Sprint
09-11-16, 8:36 pm

Looks like a unanimous decision from the masses to me.

MELTDOWN
09-12-16, 1:29 pm

Darn straight, there has to be a way to snuggle them in a corner of the interweb somewhere and could be obtained by us folks that want to still see and use. Or at least, let PM and get copies in some shape or form.

To me, would be like music that was vinyl, cassette or on CD gets trashed, as it's not the current "format".
Pushing 50 on the clock, I've seen, understand and accept that change happens... got 2 teenage boys, so yeah, livin' it daily.

Just because new chapters are being written doesn't warrant or justify History being erased and made inaccessible.

Carry On !!!

Aggression
09-14-16, 4:31 pm
Just because new chapters are being written doesn't warrant or justify History being erased and made inaccessible.

Carry On !!!

nice.

GunRock
09-14-16, 9:06 pm
Maybe not all, but based on feedback here, we can try to bring back some more.

Good to hear. I enjoy going back and re reading the old stuff. It's old but never outdated.

IRN-NML
09-19-16, 1:56 pm
Good to hear. I enjoy going back and re reading the old stuff. It's old but never outdated.

And there was such a quantity, some would be new worthwhile reads.

Blvd.
10-11-16, 8:32 pm
Bump!

The new Design is cool and all but i still can't find "Diary of a Madman" by G Diesel or the whole "Life is a Freakshow" by Machine. I used to spend so many hours reading those articles and now they're gone. Please bring them back!

MELTDOWN
10-12-16, 8:42 am
Bump!

The new Design is cool and all but i still can't find "Diary of a Madman" by G Diesel or the whole "Life is a Freakshow" by Machine. I used to spend so many hours reading those articles and now they're gone. Please bring them back!

Or at least give the interested & loyal followers access or PM with a link, file, (whatever), to be able to download. Again, too many great thoughts, motivation and insight to not be accessed.

Universal Rep
10-12-16, 9:56 am
Bump!

These should be coming back.

Sprint
10-15-16, 1:37 am
These should be coming back.

Ooh...

PA Kodiak
10-23-16, 9:37 am
I'm not a fan of the new design. I gave myself some time to get used to it, but I still don't like it. Extremely disappointed to see all the old extras go. There was an old ad I used to love...called "Be Selfish." I went to look it up and set as my desktop, maybe even print it out, laminate it, and hang it on the wall. But yep it's gone. Along with a lot of other great stuff. To the point that someone made, these old articles and ads are what attracted us to the brand in the first place. To remove them and sweep them under the rug is just a travesty.

The House
10-31-16, 4:30 pm
yes i agree the site is nice

N. Motta
10-31-16, 6:10 pm
...To the point that someone made, these old articles and ads are what attracted us to the brand in the first place. To remove them and sweep them under the rug is just a travesty.

Strongly agree.

Universal Rep
11-01-16, 10:26 am
I'm not a fan of the new design. I gave myself some time to get used to it, but I still don't like it. Extremely disappointed to see all the old extras go. There was an old ad I used to love...called "Be Selfish." I went to look it up and set as my desktop, maybe even print it out, laminate it, and hang it on the wall. But yep it's gone. Along with a lot of other great stuff. To the point that someone made, these old articles and ads are what attracted us to the brand in the first place. To remove them and sweep them under the rug is just a travesty.

Some of the old stuff is coming back, don't worry.

G Diesel
11-03-16, 3:00 pm
Working on getting the entirety of Madman, back up, on the new site.

This is where it will be found, probably with a really LONG scroll...
https://www.animalpak.com/diary-of-a-madman-my-weekly-descent-into-madness/

The first thing posted, and the only thing at the moment, is a brand new entry.

Peace, G

N. Motta
11-03-16, 10:11 pm
Great news. Thanks guys!

Rex
11-04-16, 11:43 am
Bump!

Agreed.

How about turning them into a printed brochure? Maybe as some kind of limited edition campaign...

Rex
11-04-16, 11:47 am
All in all the site is great. Although it took me a while to figure out how to navigate with the pictures.
Of course I really like seeing all my pictures in the shop section and as the backround banners

Appleton.Cory
11-04-16, 12:25 pm
Agreed.

How about turning them into a printed brochure? Maybe as some kind of limited edition campaign...

I like the sound of that!

Rex
11-07-16, 10:58 am

P

Man...

I hope they´re not lost all together but saved on some drive somewhere in the archives?!

Rahan
11-12-16, 6:33 pm
I don't know if you had the option for tracking an order on the old site, but is a nice feature on the new site.

Cellardweller
11-13-16, 11:09 am
Agreed.

I will send in a blank check so I can have the first copy. Toss in a new Owner's Manual and training log book and my Christmas list is made.

Sprint
11-16-16, 4:39 pm
Working on getting the entirety of Madman, back up, on the new site.

This is where it will be found, probably with a really LONG scroll...

The first thing posted, and the only thing at the moment, is a brand new entry.

Peace, G

Awesome news.

Universal Rep
11-17-16, 9:22 am
I will send in a blank check so I can have the first copy. Toss in a new Owner's Manual and training log book and my Christmas list is made.

It's been a while since we had anything like an AOM. Maybe it's time for a new edition. But what would it cover?

G Diesel
11-17-16, 1:38 pm
Awesome news.

Another entry, #233. On tough guys...

Peace, G

Cellardweller
11-17-16, 2:03 pm
It's been a while since we had anything like an AOM. Maybe it's time for a new edition. But what would it cover?

Maybe this would be a great home for some of the articles and Animal Training Routines? How about including some programming tips from the Animal powerlifters? Dan Green has really been dropping some gems the past month in his Ask the Animals thread. Diet basics from the Animal Bodybuilders? Supplement stack suggestions for different goals?

Universal Rep
11-17-16, 4:51 pm
Maybe this would be a great home for some of the articles and Animal Training Routines? How about including some programming tips from the Animal powerlifters? Dan Green has really been dropping some gems the past month in his Ask the Animals thread. Diet basics from the Animal Bodybuilders? Supplement stack suggestions for different goals?

Some great ideas. Maybe we can get more ideas in this thread. For example, maybe we do a series of AOMs, one around bulking, another around cutting, etc.

Cellardweller
11-18-16, 3:14 pm
Some great ideas. Maybe we can get more ideas in this thread. For example, maybe we do a series of AOMs, one around bulking, another around cutting, etc.

I like this idea too. Could also use some of the old Iconic ads in there too.

N. Motta
11-18-16, 6:33 pm
Another entry, #233. On tough guys...

Peace, G

Another great one.

G Diesel
12-08-16, 4:48 pm
Madman going strong with two new entries in two weeks...

Peace, G

PA Kodiak
12-09-16, 10:46 am

This.

I like this idea too. Could also use some of the old Iconic ads in there too.

And this.

I like the ideas being thrown around here. Ive always felt the Animal site could be so much more than what it is now. So much knowledge, experience, and information in general amongst the athletes to be shared. Im always looking for new ideas for workouts and different tweaks on exercises so that's one of the biggest things I'd like to see.

MELTDOWN
01-03-17, 12:54 pm
So the Delorean is fixed, and now you guys / gals that have expressed interest and inquired about the older DoM entries and other articles that didn't make the trip to the new site, have a way to "go back in time" and access them. Heck, you can even get to the old Training, Diet and Livin' articles.

1. Go to https://archive.org/web/

2. in the "search" box type Animalpak.com and click "browse history"

\\\ You'll be directed to a page that has a timeline from 1996 to Present Day, that shows dates of updates made to Animalpak.com ///

3. Click one of the blue circled dates. (I clicked May 14, 2016 as was before the site change)

.... Recognize the page that is brought up?.....and there's Diary of a Madman with access to post 1 to 230

4. And you can just click Livin' or Training, or Diet..... and access older goodies in each section.

Carry On !!!

GunRock
01-03-17, 5:36 pm
So the Delorean is fixed, and now you guys / gals that have expressed interest and inquired about the older DoM entries and other articles that didn't make the trip to the new site, have a way to "go back in time" and access them. Heck, you can even get to the old Training, Diet and Livin' articles.

\\\ You'll be directed to a page that has a timeline from 1996 to Present Day, that shows dates of updates made to Animalpak.com ///

3. Click one of the blue circled dates. (I clicked May 14, 2016 as was before the site change)

.... Recognize the page that is brought up?.....and there's Diary of a Madman with access to post 1 to 230

4. And you can just click Livin' or Training, or Diet..... and access older goodies in each section.

Carry On !!!

This is great news. One of my favorite articles is the one on Blue Collar nutrition from the archives. Thought that was gone for good. Nice to have it back.

Framer
01-27-17, 4:36 am
This is great news. One of my favorite articles is the one on Blue Collar nutrition from the archives. Thought that was gone for good. Nice to have it back.

This is great, I really like these articles!

Sprint
01-31-17, 12:27 pm

Carry On !!!

Well, that's just epic!

wedge
02-06-17, 4:27 pm

Carry On !!!

Thank you.

IRN-NML
02-23-17, 7:02 pm

Carry On !!!

Thank you sir! This is great; bookmarked training diet living articles & see there's also a good sized load of 'Word' in the re design that's gotta be read. Thanks! Here and there, some were more memorable; carried more weight; but still good to visually see them again.

Jay
04-03-17, 11:46 am
The Wrath video upon getting to the site is pretty cool.

naturalguy
04-11-17, 3:35 pm
The Wrath video upon getting to the site is pretty cool.

Agreed, the intro video is dope