PDA

View Full Version : Your training split

MRmichael.hooker
08-25-16, 1:17 pm
Trying to change up my split and wanted to see how you guys all have yours set up. I mostly follow a power-building type of workout. On leg day, I put focus on squat training and then go onto the other stuff for higher reps and etc. Back day, typically start with deads and then move on to rows and pulldowns and etc of reps 8-15. So, I don't do Legs and Back on back to back days, or Chest then Shoulders. Just giving you guys an idea of my training style. Wanting to maximize recovery days and just looking at different ideas. I usually keep Arms their own day because I get a way better pump doing them together than on separate days. I typically train 5 days a week, sometimes 6. Not asking for you to build me a split, just curious of what you do. Out of everything that goes into bodybuilding, this part usually annoys me the most, ha.

Appleton.Cory
08-25-16, 2:02 pm
Trying to change up my split and wanted to see how you guys all have yours set up. I mostly follow a power-building type of workout. On leg day, I put focus on squat training and then go onto the other stuff for higher reps and etc. Back day, typically start with deads and then move on to rows and pulldowns and etc of reps 8-15. So, I don't do Legs and Back on back to back days, or Chest then Shoulders. Just giving you guys an idea of my training style. Wanting to maximize recovery days and just looking at different ideas. I usually keep Arms their own day because I get a way better pump doing them together than on separate days. I typically train 5 days a week, sometimes 6. Not asking for you to build me a split, just curious of what you do. Out of everything that goes into bodybuilding, this part usually annoys me the most, ha.

German Volume Training 10x10 for 3 different exercises
Monday - Legs + Running
Tuesday - Chest + Running
Wenesday - Shoulders + Running
Thursday - Arms + Running
Friday - Back + Running
Saturday - Abs

Monday thru Friday are 2 a days. 4am and 4pm. PM sets are all 10x5

MRmichael.hooker
08-25-16, 3:40 pm
Monday - Legs + Running
Friday - Back + Running
Saturday - Abs

How do your shoulders feel after doing chest and then shoulders the next day?

EthanBrooks
08-25-16, 4:41 pm

Monday- chest, back (heavy deadlift, light bench)
Tuesday- arms, delts
Wendsday-legs (hamstring dominant)
Thursday-chest, back (heavy bench)
Friday- arms, delts
Saturday- legs (quad dominant)
This is my go to program when I'm looking to add mass, I put on 55lbs in 8 months on this split (some of it was beginner gains). I like split because it allows for weekly volume to be slightly higher while keeping volume per body part per workout lower, allowing for better recovery.

Appleton.Cory
08-29-16, 8:41 am
How do your shoulders feel after doing chest and then shoulders the next day?

Shoulders usually feel pretty good, it's arm day that I really start feeling it. Going from chest to shoulders to arms, my arms take a big hit. I get a great pump in still, but by the weekend I am DONE.

MRmichael.hooker
08-29-16, 1:33 pm
Shoulders usually feel pretty good, it's arm day that I really start feeling it. Going from chest to shoulders to arms, my arms take a big hit. I get a great pump in still, but by the weekend I am DONE.

I'm sure the triceps feel it. That's always where the dilemma comes in. "Do I do back and then arms the next day, when the biceps are already going to be a little broken down?" Or "Do I do chest and then arms the next when the tris are sore? Gotta keep shoulders and back apart though so that way I can hit rear delts and traps twice." Always keeps it an adventure lol. That's why I thought I'd just see what the other guys/gals are doing for their splits

MRmichael.hooker
08-29-16, 1:33 pm
Tuesday- arms, delts
Friday- arms, delts
This is my go to program when I'm looking to add mass, I put on 55lbs in 8 months on this split (some of it was beginner gains). I like split because it allows for weekly volume to be slightly higher while keeping volume per body part per workout lower, allowing for better recovery.

Thanks for the response man!

Rex
09-12-16, 8:39 pm
Monday - Legs + Running
Friday - Back + Running
Saturday - Abs

German Volume Training is awesome!

Rex
09-12-16, 8:41 pm
Tuesday- arms, delts
Friday- arms, delts

This one is something I would agree with.
However, I certainly would split the bodyparts and do a two weight sessions per day routine. But I know thatīs simply not in the cards for some people.

Rex
09-12-16, 8:43 pm
My current split:

Day 1
AM: chest, abs / PM: shoulders, triceps
Day 2
AM: back / PM: more back, traps, rear delts, biceps, forearms
Day 3
AM: calves, hamstrings / PM: hamstrings, quads

-each workout is between 30-40 working sets

Rex
09-12-16, 8:45 pm
I'm sure the triceps feel it. That's always where the dilemma comes in. "Do I do back and then arms the next day, when the biceps are already going to be a little broken down?" Or "Do I do chest and then arms the next when the tris are sore? Gotta keep shoulders and back apart though so that way I can hit rear delts and traps twice." Always keeps it an adventure lol. That's why I thought I'd just see what the other guys/gals are doing for their splits

Try doing:
Chest + arms
Legs
Back + shoulders
day off

Shawn Ray does this split in one of his 90s training videos.