PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy every minute of this shit girls and boys...

spartan300
09-12-16, 8:06 pm
Before you know it, its fucking GONE! Be huge! Be fucking epic! Push this shit as hard as you can. Screw the nay sayers. DO THE FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE! Trust me, life will kick you in the balls soon enough. Ain't nothin' left but the cryin'.

Rex
09-15-16, 6:27 pm
Before you know it, its fucking GONE! Be huge! Be fucking epic! Push this shit as hard as you can. Screw the nay sayers. DO THE FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE! Trust me, life will kick you in the balls soon enough. Ain't nothin' left but the cryin'.

I am.
I´m loving every minute, every day...

IRN-NML
09-19-16, 1:54 pm
It would be interesting to know what finally stops guys in their teens, twenties from lifting / training. Work, wife, kids are fair answers. But getting old isn't one of them.

spartan300
09-26-16, 12:55 am
It would be interesting to know what finally stops guys in their teens, twenties from lifting / training. Work, wife, kids are fair answers. But getting old isn't one of them.

I couldn't resign myself to being a freakin' weekend warrior. So I decided if it wasn't going to be done on my terms I wasn't doing it at all. Not until my kid was grown did I decide to return.

IRN-NML
09-26-16, 5:52 pm
I couldn't resign myself to being a freakin' weekend warrior. So I decided if it wasn't going to be done on my terms I wasn't doing it at all. Not until my kid was grown did I decide to return.

And the return had to feel great; even the initial aches and pains of kicking sleeping muscles back into action. Even with a few short (days, not weeks) away from lifting periods during the rest of this year and first part of next year, I'm motivated to push the iron well into 2017. Come mid Spring til late Fall next year, it should be 95% interruption free for pushing and pulling the plates.That's my mind's current long term goal. A small motivator a couple weeks ago; old guy in the grocery store asked if I was heading for the gym soon. He needs to see a better example, but I'll put that compliment to good use.

spartan300
10-03-16, 9:05 am
You can't hang out with the turkeys my friend. I'm not talking about your average geriatric workout. 3 times a week bullshit. I was always challenged by the biggest and strongest i prided myself in being strong not only in the big 3 but in just about every compound movement you could do with free weights. That's my idea of getting serious I can do the average bodybuilders workout now.

Lone_Wolf88
10-13-16, 3:21 am

i couldnt agree more. i have 2 kids, a wife that hates the fact that i still compete because of the lifestyle that comes with it. sometimes when im weeks out i just don't feel like moving. i take care of and play with ,my kids. but sometimes daddy's just to tired to go out to eat. so ill order them pizza instead of taking them out for pizza. there's a way to balance and make it work. il be doing this until i die and i don't even mean just compete, i mean being a bodybuilder. bodybuilder doesn't me to compete. it means just what it sounds like. building up your body every single day. its hard and only the strong survive.

Jay Nera
01-29-17, 8:56 pm

Amen brother.

spartan300
01-31-17, 8:11 pm
Its been an incredible ride and I'm praying that I will be able to continue until I'm carried by six. This sport has provided me with a lifetime of memories. The people I've met and experiences I've had have enriched my life 10 fold I only hope that all of my brothers and sisters here can say the same when it's all said and done.

npcdusty
02-01-17, 10:24 am
Awesome entry brotha. Def words to live by. I walk in the gym every day thinking if today is the last work out for some unknown reason, im going to make sure I give it my all!!! Leave nothing behind and do everything I can to go at hit head on!!!

Jay
02-01-17, 12:00 pm
Been hitting the gym in some capacity since I was 18, and couldnt imagine life without it. It's what completes me, something I look forward to, and enjoy each day. I am surrounded by too many who give up quick. Be it family, kids, work, or lack of interest. They go in hard, but, when they dont lose weight or get jacked in the first month they give up. Never give up.

rynoisbeast
02-01-17, 2:32 pm
I honestly love working out and being in the gym. When I'm not in the gym, I'm at home watching videos or on here. I would like to be able to pursue a career in fitness, but I don't know what to do.

spartan300
02-01-17, 2:44 pm
I love hearing that type of enthusiasm. Keep it up boys!

spartan300
02-02-17, 6:35 pm
To have had something like this forum when I was starting out. Im so jealous of you younger guys. So many years of training,eating and growing ahead of You! I can't say it enough enjoy every minute of this shit.

rynoisbeast
02-02-17, 8:35 pm
To have had something like this forum when I was starting out. Im so jealous of you younger guys. So many years of training,eating and growing ahead of You! I can't say it enough enjoy every minute of this shit.

I am honestly so happy I found The FORVM. It's nice to have people that share common interests encourage you and help you out. I haven't been on here long (like a week and a half). But I definitely feel the family vibe and I haven't seen any negativity on here. It's amazing and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

spartan300
02-04-17, 7:37 pm
Since nearing the 60 year mark I now find myself being hesitant before making any long term plans. I also dare not tempt fate by assuming tomorrow is guaranteed I've learned to give thanks after a good meal. Things I took for granted as a younger man I now realize each one could possibly be my last. I know I sound a bit dramatic but the reality of getting older is now terribly obvious. I take each day as it is given, and grateful for having it.

spartan300
02-07-17, 8:38 pm
I awoke singing to Sinatra's that's life. Ate a steak and egg breakfast that freakin' Paul Bunyan couldn't finish. Found a new gym got in and beat the living shit out of my arms, left and ate a whole rotisserie chicken! Then found a dunk n' donuts ordered a big ass coffee sat back reviewed what I had done and let it all soak in. Not a bad day at all!

spartan300
02-12-17, 11:16 pm
As long as there's a well equipped gym to go to and a place to grab a reasonably healthy meal im one happy camper. Years ago I didn't have the luxury of a fancy well equipment gym to train at much less a health conscious restaurant to go to. Back in the 70's I used to travel over 200 miles 3 days a week to train at the Wedgeood fitness center (owned by Bob andTina Plackinger Ms. Olympia) which was one of the first properly equipped gyms in the midwest that was located in Milwaukee not to mention the scandia house which was a buffet style restaurant that I went to for my post workout feedings!

spartan300
02-17-17, 5:39 pm
Some days I'm just so damn miserable and achy I say fuck training today.....NAH! I d never say that! The gym is my sanctuary! Always has been.When all else has let me down I knew that, this place would always be there waiting for me. Failed relationships, life's disappointments, deaths you name it Mother iron was there to make me whole again. Some take anti depressants, some go to therapists,some resort to drugs and alcohol I was fortunate enough to find solace within the four walls that housed the iron that provided me all the comfort I needed during those difficult times. Sweet Mother iron I love you darlin'!

spartan300
02-21-17, 8:43 am
As I sift through the posts and responses to posts Ive come to the conclusion that the majority of the information deceminated here offers sound foundational advice on nutrition and training. Now i know that doesnt sound like a big deal to you guys but there was a time that very little of the information provided was reliable. Crazy right!

IRN-NML
02-23-17, 7:23 pm
Since nearing the 60 year mark I now find myself being hesitant before making any long term plans. I also dare not tempt fate by assuming tomorrow is guaranteed I've learned to give thanks after a good meal. Things I took for granted as a younger man I now realize each one could possibly be my last. I know I sound a bit dramatic but the reality of getting older is now terribly obvious. I take each day as it is given, and grateful for having it.

The reality of getting older is actually pretty damn nice. From one who's three years away from 70. Either I'll see it or I won't. Whatever. Being hesitant; fair point; I'll buy the green bananas (actually I hate bananas) but hold back at signing up for 24+ month packages such as phone, cable...you get the idea. One constant, if I wake up, chances are good it's one of 4 or 5 iron pushing/ pulling days. Enjoy it, own it.

spartan300
02-24-17, 4:11 pm
I still believe I am as George Carlin put it "FUCK OF THE MOUNTAIN"! My body might say otherwise but in my head I am. Hard to convince the rest of me that I'm incapable of the impossible. My mind just won't buy it. My mind is so thoroughly convinced I'm still able to leap tall buildings in a single bound lol. Sadly I must break the bad news to my brain that super man doesn't live here anymore. Unfortunately, He's just not answering his phone. Oh yeah I'm not sick I'm just a little unwell. Reach for the sky mother fuckers!

spartan300
03-21-17, 3:29 am
Well boys and girls I recently had the opportunity to train at a planet fitness.( I know sometimes I like to stir the pot). So there i was checking in at the desk sporting my bright yellow ANIMAL tee and my trusty camo bandana. It appears this is a bozo no-no. Anyways after i was given there horse shit indoctrination speech i ventured off to what they called there free weight area. I found this to be somewhat of a contradiction of terms considering that the DBs only went up to 75 pounds. The pre set bars to 60 and the only way you could do a squat is off a freakin' smith rack. There thing is that it is a judgement free zone. Yet bodybuilders are not welcome go figure!

Altered Beast
03-21-17, 11:11 am
I've got a 16 month old son and a baby girl on the way and I'm also working my way up one of my family businesses. Talk about PRESSURE! Still, that is no damn excuse. I've done everything humanly possible to make it work to not only be a good husband/father and entrepreneur, but to work towards my end goals in Powerlifting. Made plenty of sacrifices as well.

My sights are 100% on setting the Drug Tested, Full Power Bench All Time WR in 275 class! After that I'm going for the Total Record. Ever since Ernie Lilliebridge JR posted a pic of that piece of paper from PLWatch.com with the official all time WR on it, I've wanted one BAD! I don't do golf or tennis and I can't stand country clubs.

I may be somewhat insane, but who the hell honestly wants to be what the new world order social engineers classify as "normal"? Honestly, what the fuck kind of a life is that?!?!?

H O O G E !!!!!!!!!!!!!

spartan300
03-21-17, 5:22 pm
I love it! Its young people like you that continue to inspire an old fuck like me. Git'er done son!

spartan300
03-28-17, 11:42 am
I train at a variety of places. I like the change of scenery and of course I get a chance to see how others workout. On this particular day I happen to see a young man doing DB benches on what I believe they call a Swiss ball or a versa ball. (Anyway it's a freakin balloon in my estimation). Now I've seen people do Flyes on there with moderate weight but never presses.( Personally i would never engage in such nonsense but I digress) my curiousity got the best of me so I continued to watch,as the DB's got increasingly heavier. 50...60...70...80 wow! I saw the ball really start to sag after his set with the 80's and im sure the guy had to have felt the ball give but for some odd reason he decides to jump to the 110's. I figured he obviously has done these before and he knew what to expect. I thought to myself this was either going to impress the shit out of me or scar me for the rest of my days. He grabs the 110's he is struggling his ass off to get them into position he finally does and attempts to drop back onto the balloon as you would a bench. Sure enough he hits the balloon the fucking thing ruptures and this asshole has a mouthful of a 110 pound dumbbell. I got to give it to the guy though he never lost consciousness but he did manage to fuck his face up pretty good. chalk it up to another case of ego meets idiot.

Altered Beast
03-28-17, 1:12 pm
i train at a variety of places. I like the change of scenery and of course i get a chance to see how others workout. On this particular day i happen to see a young man doing db benches on what i believe they call a swiss ball or a versa ball. (anyway it's a freakin balloon in my estimation). Now i've seen people do flyes on there with moderate weight but never presses.( personally i would never engage in such nonsense but i digress) my curiousity got the best of me so i continued to watch,as the db's got increasingly heavier. 50...60...70...80 wow! I saw the ball really start to sag after his set with the 80's and im sure the guy had to have felt the ball give but for some odd reason he decides to jump to the 110's. I figured he obviously has done these before and he knew what to expect. I thought to myself this was either going to impress the shit out of me or scar me for the rest of my days. He grabs the 110's he is struggling his ass off to get them into position he finally does and attempts to drop back onto the balloon as you would a bench. Sure enough he hits the balloon the fucking thing ruptures and this asshole has a mouthful of a 110 pound dumbbell. I got to give it to the guy though he never lost consciousness but he did manage to fuck his face up pretty good. Chalk it up to another case of ego meets idiot.

l o l !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick87
03-28-17, 3:02 pm
I train at a variety of places. I like the change of scenery and of course I get a chance to see how others workout. On this particular day I happen to see a young man doing DB benches on what I believe they call a Swiss ball or a versa ball. (Anyway it's a freakin balloon in my estimation). Now I've seen people do Flyes on there with moderate weight but never presses.( Personally i would never engage in such nonsense but I digress) my curiousity got the best of me so I continued to watch,as the DB's got increasingly heavier. 50...60...70...80 wow! I saw the ball really start to sag after his set with the 80's and im sure the guy had to have felt the ball give but for some odd reason he decides to jump to the 110's. I figured he obviously has done these before and he knew what to expect. I thought to myself this was either going to impress the shit out of me or scar me for the rest of my days. He grabs the 110's he is struggling his ass off to get them into position he finally does and attempts to drop back onto the balloon as you would a bench. Sure enough he hits the balloon the fucking thing ruptures and this asshole has a mouthful of a 110 pound dumbbell. I got to give it to the guy though he never lost consciousness but he did manage to fuck his face up pretty good. chalk it up to another case of ego meets idiot.

I can top that..

The other day i saw someone doing ( attempting ) squats on that fucking thing...

It didnt end well for him either..

spartan300
03-28-17, 4:26 pm
I can top that..

The other day i saw someone doing ( attempting ) squats on that fucking thing...

It didnt end well for him either..

Lmfao! No shit? You got me beat brother!

ChrisTuttle
03-28-17, 5:21 pm

So very true! It seems like my "prime" if gone even though I am only 33 for my body is just falling apart! You are spot on!

Altered Beast
03-29-17, 10:51 am
Lmfao! No shit? You got me beat brother!

It's been a long time since I've been in a commercial or hardcore gym, but my FAVORITE was watching bikini girls sit on those stupid things and perform one arm DB curls. They would ALWAYS topple over one way or the other and would throw the weights out of fear! LOL!