PDA

View Full Version : Back in the gym and looking for tips

Patsfan1
09-27-16, 11:06 am
Hello.

I find this forum to be very informative so I figured I would post some of my routine/diet and see if I can get some feedback or input.

I'm lifting for gains but if I can get leaner (never have been able to) that would be great too..

I lift about 4-5 days a week:

Chest - Back M
Shoulders T
Bi's-Tri's W
Light cardio Fri or Sat

Yes I know legs are not on the list.

I consume about 270 grams of protein a day from food and protein shakes and isopure drink.

I am seeing gains in my strength and some growth but I feel like i should see more on the growth side and a slimming waist.

So, I'm sure this isn't enough info but it's a start.

I've been back in the gym for 8 weeks now.

Thanks.

Appleton.Cory
09-27-16, 12:05 pm
Hello.

I find this forum to be very informative so I figured I would post some of my routine/diet and see if I can get some feedback or input.

I'm lifting for gains but if I can get leaner (never have been able to) that would be great too..

I lift about 4-5 days a week:

Chest - Back M
Shoulders T
Bi's-Tri's W
Light cardio Fri or Sat

Yes I know legs are not on the list.

I consume about 270 grams of protein a day from food and protein shakes and isopure drink.

I am seeing gains in my strength and some growth but I feel like i should see more on the growth side and a slimming waist.

So, I'm sure this isn't enough info but it's a start.

I've been back in the gym for 8 weeks now.

Thanks.

Not very much info here to go off of. But by what you posted I would say that it sounds like you're eating too much and not working out enough.

Again.. I could be missing the mark. But there isn't enough info here to go off of.

Patsfan1
09-27-16, 12:57 pm
I figured I wasn't providing enough.

I guess I'm not sure what else to provide being new.

Again, the protein is pretty constant but it sounds like that may be too much for my lifting activity.

I'm working out during the days that I have available to lift and my routine typically takes me a little over an hour per session.

Like I've said, I've seen gains for sure in both being able to lift more and gaining size but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Typical day meals:
Isopure protein shake with almond milk
Two cans of tuna
Isopure protein drink
XL Chicken breasts- clean
Occasional protein bar for a snack if needed

Nmowery
09-28-16, 11:02 am
I could've sworn I posted in here the other morning....but anyways, I would make an effort to make a day for legs. Heavy squats and deads will spur growth thru the rest of your body, and will aid you in losing unwanted weight by burning tons of calories - not only while lifting, but also by keeping your metabolism high afterwards.

You may be making gains now, but not doing legs is going to either contribute to you stalling elsewhere, or turn you into one of those top heavy dudes with little chicken legs.

Appleton.Cory
09-28-16, 11:05 am
I could've sworn I posted in here the other morning....but anyways, I would make an effort to make a day for legs. Heavy squats and deads will spur growth thru the rest of your body, and will aid you in losing unwanted weight by burning tons of calories - not only while lifting, but also by keeping your metabolism high afterwards.

You may be making gains now, but not doing legs is going to either contribute to you stalling elsewhere, or turn you into one of those top heavy dudes with little chicken legs.

You did. And I replied. Somehow it's gone.. weird...

But I'll say it again.

THIS! Do legs. Even though they suck.

Patsfan1
09-28-16, 2:35 pm
Thanks guys! I appreciate you reposting as I never saw a response. Your advice is much appreciated and I guess I have no choice.

I'll be adding them starting tomorrow. Today is arm day.

I'll let you know how it helps out.

Again, thanks.