PDA

View Full Version : Pullovers with chest or back

MRmichael.hooker
09-29-16, 4:52 pm
If you do dumbbell pullovers, do you typically add them in to chest day or back day?

Granite
09-29-16, 7:29 pm
Both for me. I do them on the bench horizontally to hit my chest typically or on a decline bench to hit my upper chest. For back I'll do them on a bench the long way and only bring the dumbbell to about level with my forehead to keep constant tension on the upper lats. I learned that variation from a John Meadows program and it's killer!

DaveAB
09-30-16, 11:02 am
Depending on your position, you can hit both. If I am hitting lats, I'll position myself a little lower and have the bench at my should blades. I also will focus on the negative and lower the DB down close to the ground. It's all about the mind-muscle connection on this one.

G Diesel
09-30-16, 1:30 pm
Great exercise. Personally, I like them for back.

Peace, G

spartan300
10-01-16, 6:25 pm
If you do dumbbell pullovers, do you typically add them in to chest day or back day?

Great movement to pre exhaust on back day heavy and super stretcher on chest days light

MRmichael.hooker
10-06-16, 10:36 am
Thanks for all the responses guys

RobDaSavage
10-21-16, 5:00 pm
Always did them for Back. after exhausting all the muscles getting my ribcage to expand with this was easier and made my lats and ribs feel bigger after

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-16, 5:56 pm
Always did them for Back. after exhausting all the muscles getting my ribcage to expand with this was easier and made my lats and ribs feel bigger after

Nice. Appreciate the response

Rex
10-23-16, 11:02 am
I highly depends on your execution.
I do them for both. Just performed a little differently, like I said.

MRmichael.hooker
10-24-16, 10:23 am
I highly depends on your execution.
I do them for both. Just performed a little differently, like I said.

Appreciate it, thank you

Rex
10-24-16, 10:42 am
My very pleasure.
I´m getting this exact same question very often. This probably calls for a YouTube tutorial video

The House
10-31-16, 4:31 pm
back day for me

Nmowery
10-31-16, 11:49 pm
I literally just got doing these and saw this thread bumped...I prefer to utilize them as more of a lat stretcher as well

Reko
11-01-16, 8:53 am
My very pleasure.
I´m getting this exact same question very often. This probably calls for a YouTube tutorial video

I would appreciate this. I've been lifting for years and I've never done these before, but they seem to be a favorite among many.

Rex
11-01-16, 12:02 pm
back day for me

Are you lying cross the bench or along on it?

Rex
11-01-16, 12:05 pm
I literally just got doing these and saw this thread bumped...I prefer to utilize them as more of a lat stretcher as well

Of course.
But they also tremendously stretch the pecs and develop the Serratus, the little finger like looking muscles, which tie your pecs into your abdominal area.

Rex
11-01-16, 12:06 pm
I would appreciate this. I've been lifting for years and I've never done these before, but they seem to be a favorite among many.

They´re awesome. Trust me.
I´m on it, making the video...

Reko
11-01-16, 4:07 pm
They´re awesome. Trust me.
I´m on it, making the video...

Look forward to it. Mind showing both the chest version and lat version as discussed above?