PDA

View Full Version : What type of gym do you train at

fbreijo
10-24-16, 9:04 pm
Hey guys/gals i am lucky enough to have 2 types of gyms near me Diamond Gym which is the best hardcore gym in the world but i also have Signature fitness near by which is youre usual health club atmosphere confused on should i go hardcore or fitness im 51 years old looking to lose weight and get in shape thanks guys

GunRock
10-25-16, 12:23 am
Hey guys/gals i am lucky enough to have 2 types of gyms near me Diamond Gym which is the best hardcore gym in the world but i also have Signature fitness near by which is youre usual health club atmosphere confused on should i go hardcore or fitness im 51 years old looking to lose weight and get in shape thanks guys

I'm not sure what you're asking but if it's what criteria you should use: I pick gyms based on cleanliness and the sort of training I want to do. If I want to be able to deadlift heavy, I have to go to a chalk friendly location. Accessibility is also important, my schedule changes often so I need to be able to train at different hours of the day or it won't get done. So a 24/7 place is more attractive to me. I also don't like places with bent bars and loose spring collars. But that last one is just me.

fbreijo
10-25-16, 6:20 am
I'm not sure what you're asking but if it's what criteria you should use: I pick gyms based on cleanliness and the sort of training I want to do. If I want to be able to deadlift heavy, I have to go to a chalk friendly location. Accessibility is also important, my schedule changes often so I need to be able to train at different hours of the day or it won't get done. So a 24/7 place is more attractive to me. I also don't like places with bent bars and loose spring collars. But that last one is just me.

thank you for the advice youre absolutely right i guess its where ever youre more confortable

C.Coronato
10-25-16, 8:30 am
Just go where you have the best workouts. "Hardcore" is a mindset. I've had some of the best workouts in hotel gyms. Ive trained at Retros, I've trained at Crossfit gyms. If there are weights, and you can get a good workout in, thats all that matters.

That being said, Diamond is a great gym.

Enforcer
10-25-16, 9:06 am

I would have to go with Diamond Gym. Although it has the more hardcore atmosphere, it is just a better place to train. Better equipment and a wide variety from old school to new school equipment. Owner Dwyane is a great guy. You will never feel judged in that gym, no matter how big someone is

G Diesel
10-25-16, 9:37 am
Just go where you have the best workouts. "Hardcore" is a mindset. I've had some of the best workouts in hotel gyms. Ive trained at Retros, I've trained at Crossfit gyms. If there are weights, and you can get a good workout in, thats all that matters.

Amen, my brother. Couldn't have said it better myself. It is all about you and your approach--the environment and what you're able to extract from your workouts starts within.

I would have to go with Diamond Gym. Although it has the more hardcore atmosphere, it is just a better place to train. Better equipment and a wide variety from old school to new school equipment. Owner Dwyane is a great guy. You will never feel judged in that gym, no matter how big someone is

Agreed. Diamond is an incredible gym.

Peace, G

BCent
10-25-16, 10:47 am

Amen, my brother. Couldn't have said it better myself. It is all about you and your approach--the environment and what you're able to extract from your workouts starts within.

Agreed. Diamond is an incredible gym.

Peace, G

Y'all makin me think of taking a trip down to Diamond again... it's been a while

fbreijo
10-26-16, 9:21 pm
thanks guys the help means a lot leaning towards the hard core gym no distractions