PDA

View Full Version : Re-start training, dunno what to do pls help.

s4rgonnn
11-23-16, 3:26 am
Hello,

I injured my back badly 2 months ago. After injury i havent involved any activity. Now i have huge belly and 20%+ bf i think. Should i cut carbs with some cardio and light training or do some lean bulking with cardio? I was one of the biggest guy in the gym/haha, not many bodybuilders in my gym/. Very interested in Evan's Iron intelligence training. Pls help me. Dont know how to re-start bodybuilding.

/Now i have no back pain but my metabolism and appetite quite high as usual/

Thanks for the attention.

BCent
11-23-16, 5:10 pm
Honestly, I think that the decision about lean bulk/cut is hard to say. You saying that one point you were one of the biggest guys in the gym makes me think that you likely still have a decent amount of muscle on you, so if you want to start a cut to chip away at that 20% bf, I'd recommend a cut. If you lost a lot of muscle though, you might want to think about a short bulk. My gut tells me to recommend cutting based on the information you gave though.

Glad that you're feeling better- so much info on here to help, no matter what your goal is!

Rex
11-25-16, 10:54 am
Hello,

I injured my back badly 2 months ago. After injury i havent involved any activity. Now i have huge belly and 20%+ bf i think. Should i cut carbs with some cardio and light training or do some lean bulking with cardio? I was one of the biggest guy in the gym/haha, not many bodybuilders in my gym/. Very interested in Evan's Iron intelligence training. Pls help me. Dont know how to re-start bodybuilding.

/Now i have no back pain but my metabolism and appetite quite high as usual/

Thanks for the attention.

Put together a plan and follow it to the T.

IŽd say go with 1.5gr protein per pound of bodyweight, 1g carbs and 0.5g fat. 6 solid meals per day. Fasted cardio upon waking. Heavy weight training later in the day. EVERY DAY!

DO cardio EVERY MORNING on an empty stomach for at least 30 minutes. Go to the gym EVERY DAY training as hard and heavy as possible. Meaning, fucking kill it EVERY TIME.

That cardio is your fat burning time of the day. Your gym sessions will stimulate muscle growth. If youŽre consistent, dedicated and if you work hard, you grow muscle and get leaner ta the same time. It lies in your hands.

s4rgonnn
12-11-16, 10:20 pm
Started my training 2 days ago following Rex adviced. tnx for the advice man.

Rex
12-14-16, 10:41 am
Started my training 2 days ago following Rex adviced. tnx for the advice man.

Keep me/us posted. Always happy to help, brother!

How about starting a journey thread?

Jay Nera
01-29-17, 8:50 pm
Did you start a journey yet?

swoleberry
02-04-17, 3:16 pm
Very interested in Evan's Iron intelligence training. Pls help me. Dont know how to re-start bodybuilding.

I just completed Week 10 of Iron Intelligence. You will not be disappointed if you decide to go that route. I only expect the best from anything Animal attaches their name to and Ox's programming exceeds expectations. Best of luck!

BamBam
02-04-17, 8:11 pm
Put together a plan and follow it to the T.

IŽd say go with 1.5gr protein per pound of bodyweight, 1g carbs and 0.5g fat. 6 solid meals per day. Fasted cardio upon waking. Heavy weight training later in the day. EVERY DAY!

DO cardio EVERY MORNING on an empty stomach for at least 30 minutes. Go to the gym EVERY DAY training as hard and heavy as possible. Meaning, fucking kill it EVERY TIME.

That cardio is your fat burning time of the day. Your gym sessions will stimulate muscle growth. If youŽre consistent, dedicated and if you work hard, you grow muscle and get leaner ta the same time. It lies in your hands.

Fucking gospel.. I love it. Follow this and you're golden. Maybe keep going to see your chiropractor or physical therapist to keep the back healthy as you progress.

s4rgonnn
02-13-17, 1:38 am
Did you start a journey yet?

I didnt start journey, sorry. I have been very busy lately. Travelling, job etc. And i didnt workout about a month. but i started training a week ago. And feels good. Very thankful of Rex's advice. I think i am on a road. Feels good, body responds better and my waist becoming smaller. But i have no money for supplements anymore. I live in mongolia, have a newborn baby and some other stuffs to spend my money. And in mongolia supplements are too expensive. /universal whey pro 5lbs is around 80$/

spartan300
02-14-17, 3:24 am
I didnt start journey, sorry. I have been very busy lately. Travelling, job etc. And i didnt workout about a month. but i started training a week ago. And feels good. Very thankful of Rex's advice. I think i am on a road. Feels good, body responds better and my waist becoming smaller. But i have no money for supplements anymore. I live in mongolia, have a newborn baby and some other stuffs to spend my money. And in mongolia supplements are too expensive. /universal whey pro 5lbs is around 80$/"Shit or get off the pot"! A bit crude yes, insensitive perhaps. But it is in my opinion it makes a bold statement about desire. The "want" despite all the crap life deals you. Look at our guy Wrath. I loved this guy before but seeing him overcome the odds made me examine my level of commitment. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a day that went by while he was recovering that he thought about getting back to it. I don't know I just felt compelled to
Reply on behalf of all the guys and gals who despite there own personal situations have continued the Animal way of life. It's not for everyone I'll admit, sometimes I question myself, because of my age and my limited capabilities do I deserve to be here? This place has raised the bar for me. This place is reserved for the very dedicated So in short it's ok to be a weekend warrior. It's ok to not to be obsessed with reaching your Personal best because life gets in the way. Im just not so sure you've earned a spot here. Just my 2 cents im truly sorry if this offends anyone but if it does i would seriously question why you come here.

s4rgonnn
02-20-17, 9:25 pm
"Shit or get off the pot"! A bit crude yes, insensitive perhaps. But it is in my opinion it makes a bold statement about desire. The "want" despite all the crap life deals you. Look at our guy Wrath. I loved this guy before but seeing him overcome the odds made me examine my level of commitment. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a day that went by while he was recovering that he thought about getting back to it. I don't know I just felt compelled to
Reply on behalf of all the guys and gals who despite there own personal situations have continued the Animal way of life. It's not for everyone I'll admit, sometimes I question myself, because of my age and my limited capabilities do I deserve to be here? This place has raised the bar for me. This place is reserved for the very dedicated So in short it's ok to be a weekend warrior. It's ok to not to be obsessed with reaching your Personal best because life gets in the way. Im just not so sure you've earned a spot here. Just my 2 cents im truly sorry if this offends anyone but if it does i would seriously question why you come here.

Tnx man,

I understand that i had only pathetic excuses and other shit. Few months ago everyone look at me and when is your competition. I really enjoyed that. But after back injury lost so much muscle and strength, gained so much fat. I really dont like my look right now. I started training but lost all my motivation and stopped again. Because of injury treatment and other stuff, i spent all my money and no money left for supplements. I know supplements are "supplements" but thought cutting needs supplementation. So no motivation, no money, very busy life, fatass body were all my stupid excuses. I didnt even want to look mirrors anymore.

But few days ago, i watched some bodybuilding motivational video, and there was Frank's motivational speech cut. I can't describe what i felt after that. I really disappoint myself. Why I gave up and quit my most loved activity after these years? Couldn't find answers. But after an hour i decided to compete in september. My back still hurts, but i won't give up. I hope i will be my best shape in september. I will do what it takes.

Rick87
02-20-17, 9:35 pm
"Shit or get off the pot"! A bit crude yes, insensitive perhaps. But it is in my opinion it makes a bold statement about desire. The "want" despite all the crap life deals you. Look at our guy Wrath. I loved this guy before but seeing him overcome the odds made me examine my level of commitment. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a day that went by while he was recovering that he thought about getting back to it. I don't know I just felt compelled to

Best shit ive read in a long time..

But spartan is right.
Being an "animal" isnt for everyone.
This forum isnt for everyone.
Im fairly new but i make an effort to fit in..
I made excuses in the past...skipped gym sessions...got fat ( again )

Ive been working out very seriously since november...my deadlift increased by almost a 100 pounds from 220 to 297...in less then 3 months...just by using the forum...listening and learning...am i where i want to be ? Not even close...but im closer then yesterday and i have this forum and its members to thank for that..

Excuses are for weak people, if you really want it..go get it.
Doesnt matter if it takes a year...2 years or 10...set goals...kill em and make new goals...this is a lifestyle for most of us..

Here is my life in short..
4 kids
Fulltime job as a k9-handler.
Still work out 5 to 6 times a week...if i can...you can too.
How bad do you want it?

Everyone here is there for you when you need something...just dont fuck around.

Peace!

spartan300
02-20-17, 11:14 pm
Best shit ive read in a long time..

But spartan is right.
Being an "animal" isnt for everyone.
This forum isnt for everyone.
Im fairly new but i make an effort to fit in..
I made excuses in the past...skipped gym sessions...got fat ( again )

Ive been working out very seriously since november...my deadlift increased by almost a 100 pounds from 220 to 297...in less then 3 months...just by using the forum...listening and learning...am i where i want to be ? Not even close...but im closer then yesterday and i have this forum and its members to thank for that..

Excuses are for weak people, if you really want it..go get it.
Doesnt matter if it takes a year...2 years or 10...set goals...kill em and make new goals...this is a lifestyle for most of us..

Here is my life in short..
4 kids
Fulltime job as a k9-handler.
Still work out 5 to 6 times a week...if i can...you can too.
How bad do you want it?

Everyone here is there for you when you need something...just dont fuck around.

Peace!Now there's commitment!

npcdusty
02-22-17, 9:45 am
Alright so how's the journey going? I hope you are off your ass and busting it best you can. I have been through the deep waters of back injury my brother and I can tell you this, when the water gets deeper and rough swim fn harder! Do the things you can do now that don't cause more pain, hence i said more pain. Pain is going to happen but work through the discomfort. Give it your best as many days as you can. Cant afford supps, then do without. Food, water, rest and training are the most important. Supps are just that to supplement for what you don't get from everything else. Bust ass man. Show your friends, family and baby how to over come the injury and be better than a excuse..... you got this shit... Peace bud!

I didnt start journey, sorry. I have been very busy lately. Travelling, job etc. And i didnt workout about a month. but i started training a week ago. And feels good. Very thankful of Rex's advice. I think i am on a road. Feels good, body responds better and my waist becoming smaller. But i have no money for supplements anymore. I live in mongolia, have a newborn baby and some other stuffs to spend my money. And in mongolia supplements are too expensive. /universal whey pro 5lbs is around 80$/

spartan300
02-22-17, 11:31 am
Tnx man,

I understand that i had only pathetic excuses and other shit. Few months ago everyone look at me and when is your competition. I really enjoyed that. But after back injury lost so much muscle and strength, gained so much fat. I really dont like my look right now. I started training but lost all my motivation and stopped again. Because of injury treatment and other stuff, i spent all my money and no money left for supplements. I know supplements are "supplements" but thought cutting needs supplementation. So no motivation, no money, very busy life, fatass body were all my stupid excuses. I didnt even want to look mirrors anymore.

But few days ago, i watched some bodybuilding motivational video, and there was Frank's motivational speech cut. I can't describe what i felt after that. I really disappoint myself. Why I gave up and quit my most loved activity after these years? Couldn't find answers. But after an hour i decided to compete in september. My back still hurts, but i won't give up. I hope i will be my best shape in september. I will do what it takes.
Wraths words are moving. If anyone had a reason to throw in the towel it was him.

s4rgonnn
02-22-17, 9:04 pm
Alright so how's the journey going? I hope you are off your ass and busting it best you can. I have been through the deep waters of back injury my brother and I can tell you this, when the water gets deeper and rough swim fn harder! Do the things you can do now that don't cause more pain, hence i said more pain. Pain is going to happen but work through the discomfort. Give it your best as many days as you can. Cant afford supps, then do without. Food, water, rest and training are the most important. Supps are just that to supplement for what you don't get from everything else. Bust ass man. Show your friends, family and baby how to over come the injury and be better than a excuse..... you got this shit... Peace bud!

Pretty good i guess. I'm leaning down day by day. In september i will compete my best shape ever. i'm doing my best i can. Training like "animal' for me haha.

CCBentz3
03-09-17, 6:40 pm
Keep putting in 100% effort dude. Obviously back pain sucks (i think we have all had it at one time or another), but train smart. An "Animal" trains smart. You can't train like an Animal if you aren't training at all due to injury. Keep us posted on your progress towards your competition in September. Are you training for a bodybuilding competition or Men's Physique?

s4rgonnn
03-09-17, 9:07 pm
Keep putting in 100% effort dude. Obviously back pain sucks (i think we have all had it at one time or another), but train smart. An "Animal" trains smart. You can't train like an Animal if you aren't training at all due to injury. Keep us posted on your progress towards your competition in September. Are you training for a bodybuilding competition or Men's Physique?

Men's physique. It would be good start some say. I train hard and smart as i can.