PDA

View Full Version : PA Kodiak's Red Velvet Animal Whey Review

PA Kodiak
11-27-16, 12:12 pm
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag107/totalcirillo/20161112_093855_zpskx7arke2.jpg
ANIMAL WHEY: RED VELVET

Taste
Ok so I know there are a few other (emphasis on few) brands out there that have released Red Velvet / Devils Food Cake flavored protein supplements. This was my first time trying one. Ive got to say I was blown away by the taste. It's really refreshing to try something new and unique such as this. I can't help but wonder what 1 scoop of Red Velvet mixed with 1 scoop of Frank's Birthday Cake would taste like. I will have to try this experiment in the future. In a world of chocolates and vanillas, be a red velvet.

Texture
Very smooth with a light, creamy texture. Not too thick, not too thin. Doesn't lay in my stomach afterwards and seems to digest well.

Mixability
No clumps. Mixes very fast and easily whether in a shaker cup or in a glass with a spoon.

Quality
When choosing a protein supplement, I always look at the ingredients. If the first ingredient isn't whey isolate, I'm passing on it. Animal Whey's first ingredient is a complex of whey isolate and whey concentrate. No amino spiking BS here.

OVERALL: 10/10
Animal Whey is the real deal. Youre getting what youre paying for; a high quality protein supplement that not only delivers whats on the label, but it tastes great. This is why Animal Whey has been my go-to protein powder for quite some time now and will continue to be the brand I trust all throughout my upcoming contest prep. Animal Whey is the new Gold Standard in protein supplementation. (See what I did there?)

LayzieBone085
11-27-16, 8:05 pm
its always nice to change it up with flavors. Good thing Universal has so many you can't get sick of them.
Try mixing half red velvet with vanilla, or even brownie batter. Its killer.

MRmichael.hooker
11-27-16, 9:26 pm
its always nice to change it up with flavors. Good thing Universal has so many you can't get sick of them.
Try mixing half red velvet with vanilla, or even brownie batter. Its killer.

Ah man, 1/2 RV and 1/2 Van sounds like it'd be awesome. I might have to try it with some Frank's birthday cake

J-Dawg
11-29-16, 11:13 am
Awesome review! Glad you like the Red Velvet. It's quickly become my go-to Animal Whey flavor.

MRmichael.hooker
11-29-16, 2:03 pm
Awesome review! Glad you like the Red Velvet. It's quickly become my go-to Animal Whey flavor.

It's hard for me to pick a clear cut winner. I normally don't buy anything banana flavored (I like bananas, but HATE banana flavored anything) but the Banana Whey is amazing. It WAS my hands down fav flavor but I can't decide between it and RV now. Maybe mix the 2 together with a scoop of PB?

J-Dawg
11-29-16, 4:30 pm
It's hard for me to pick a clear cut winner. I normally don't buy anything banana flavored (I like bananas, but HATE banana flavored anything) but the Banana Whey is amazing. It WAS my hands down fav flavor but I can't decide between it and RV now. Maybe mix the 2 together with a scoop of PB?

True! There are a bunch of flavors that I like but at the moment that Red Velvet is the FOTM (flavor of the month, lol).

The Banana goes really well with the Brownie Batter!

PA Kodiak
12-01-16, 7:52 am
I normally don't buy anything banana flavored (I like bananas, but HATE banana flavored anything) but the Banana Whey is amazing.

I feel you on that one! Ive never been a fan of chocolate mint but the Animal Whey Chocolate Mint is one of my absolute favorites.

MRmichael.hooker
12-01-16, 9:10 am
I feel you on that one! Ive never been a fan of chocolate mint but the Animal Whey Chocolate Mint is one of my absolute favorites.

Scoop of RV and scoop of Frank's Birthday cake was on point.