PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with G-Six: Ask Me Anything

G-Six
12-21-16, 10:48 am
What up What up? I'm going to be starting a Q&A thread here. Ask me anything you want. I'm pretty much the most open person you probably ever met.

SMuncey
12-21-16, 10:50 am
What is your favorite cheat meal?

G-Six
12-21-16, 10:53 am
What is your favorite cheat meal?

Pretty much anything but chicken, rice, eggs, potatoes, fish or steak

In all reality, i love sushi but i've been on a pizza kick lately

J-Dawg
12-21-16, 11:12 am
What's your favorite bodypart to train and why? And vice versa, what's your least favorite bodypart to train?

G-Six
12-21-16, 11:27 am
What's your favorite bodypart to train and why? And vice versa, what's your least favorite bodypart to train?

I dont have a particular one i like to train because for some reason, theres always a bodypart that comes easy (pumped, strong, looks good etc) for a period of time while another body part is more challenging to exhaust. I dont know why that rotation happens but i notice it. I've been having some difficulty having good back sessions lately but have had some insane chest and arm sessions. But in a month that could be different.

The least favorite part to train is legs, particularly quads and consequently, they are my worst bodypart. It's not because its challenging. Its just because its not a flashy thing to train especially when you dont have world record wheels. I purposely put my leg workout on saturdays so im not rushed or stressed and can take my time and do it right rather than be rushed during the week trying to get it in

C.Coronato
12-21-16, 12:46 pm
Whats the one thing fires you up to be the best GSIX you could possibly be?

G-Six
12-21-16, 1:04 pm
Whats the one thing fires you up to be the best GSIX you could possibly be?

That one is easy: Being doubted. Being ignored. Being treated like a "pee wee" and not a "main event" type of guy. I thrive on the underdog mindset and the thought that if i work hard today and be the best i can be, one day i will show them and they will be eating their words or kicking themselves for not investing in my abilities because they thought they were no good

MRmichael.hooker
12-21-16, 1:18 pm
Guessing you're a bodybuilder? By the way you were talking about your split.

G-Six
12-21-16, 5:36 pm
Guessing you're a bodybuilder? By the way you were talking about your split.
Yessir

Rex
12-24-16, 10:59 am
I know youīre a proponent peri workout nutrition.
What difference do you feel using an intra training drink as opposed to drinking straight water?

What does your current drink consist of?

MRmichael.hooker
12-30-16, 10:32 am
What difference do you feel using an intra training drink as opposed to drinking straight water?

Kind of piggy backing on this; I was going to ask what supplements you feel are essential to optimize your recovery

G-Six
01-03-17, 10:22 am

My periworkout drink consists of:

3 scoops Juiced Aminos
2.5 Scoops Sportpharma CarbMax (50g of carbs)
10g Univ Creatine powder
10g Univ Glutamine powder
(I take 2 packs Nitro pre and 2 packs Post workout)

Now...

There is a reason for those carbs intra workout that i wont go into FULL detail (if you catch my drift) but they get shuttled to the muscles during the workout.

Sometimes, that drink makes my stomach bloated and i dont like it. Im trying to find a reason and the only thing i can think of is the artificial flavors in 3 scoops of Juiced Aminos (mixed in 48oz of water is a high concentration) and i believe it upsets my stomach sometimes, but not always.

When i do straight water, i notice my stomach to stay flatter during training. I have been toying with the idea of doing 2 Packs Nitro Pre, 2 packs intra and 2 packs post while still doing 2.5 scoops carbmax and the creatine and glutamine (being that they are unflavored)

G-Six
01-03-17, 10:24 am
Kind of piggy backing on this; I was going to ask what supplements you feel are essential to optimize your recovery

Essentials would include:

Creatine
Glutamine
Animal Pak
Animal Nitro (Juiced Aminos also if im digesting it well)
Animal Whey
Sportpharma CarbMax

Extras that i take that are not essential to recovery but i take for various reasons year round:

Animal Omega
Animal Flex
Natural Sterol Complex (for nutrient partitioning)

Anything else i add in is purely extra just to get a bit more of an edge

MRmichael.hooker
01-03-17, 10:40 am
Essentials would include:

Creatine
Glutamine
Animal Pak
Animal Nitro (Juiced Aminos also if im digesting it well)
Animal Whey
Sportpharma CarbMax

Extras that i take that are not essential to recovery but i take for various reasons year round:

Animal Omega
Animal Flex
Natural Sterol Complex (for nutrient partitioning)

Anything else i add in is purely extra just to get a bit more of an edge

Thanks man. Recovery is always at the top of my mind. My current sup list is:

Animal Omega
Animal Nitro
Animal Pak
Animal Flex
Animal Juiced Aminos
Animal Whey
Universal Storm
Potassium & Magneisum
Vit C

So I'm right along with what you're saying. I'm just now adding the Storm back in for intraworkout. For years I have sipped on aminos during the day as well. But I'm always down for even better recovery, thanks for the response

Rex
01-03-17, 12:31 pm
My periworkout drink consists of:

3 scoops Juiced Aminos
2.5 Scoops Sportpharma CarbMax (50g of carbs)
10g Univ Creatine powder
10g Univ Glutamine powder
(I take 2 packs Nitro pre and 2 packs Post workout)

Now...

There is a reason for those carbs intra workout that i wont go into FULL detail (if you catch my drift) but they get shuttled to the muscles during the workout.

Sometimes, that drink makes my stomach bloated and i dont like it. Im trying to find a reason and the only thing i can think of is the artificial flavors in 3 scoops of Juiced Aminos (mixed in 48oz of water is a high concentration) and i believe it upsets my stomach sometimes, but not always.

When i do straight water, i notice my stomach to stay flatter during training. I have been toying with the idea of doing 2 Packs Nitro Pre, 2 packs intra and 2 packs post while still doing 2.5 scoops carbmax and the creatine and glutamine (being that they are unflavored)

Got you.
Thanks for sharing, brother.

Honestly, if I was you, I would go with only 1 scoop of Juiced Aminos and instead throw in 3 packs of NITRO pre as well as post. The bloating you experiencing is your body teling you that something isnīt right. It means assimilation of all those premium grade nutrients is being compromised. You can not allow that if you are looking for optimal results.
An intra workout drink is supposed to feel like water. So, make those changes.

G-Six
01-03-17, 12:36 pm
Got you.
Thanks for sharing, brother.

Honestly, if I was you, I would go with only 1 scoop of Juiced Aminos and instead throw in 3 packs of NITRO pre as well as post. The bloating you experiencing is your body teling you that something isnīt right. It means assimilation of all those premium grade nutrients is being compromised. You can not allow that if you are looking for optimal results.
An intra workout drink is supposed to feel like water. So, make those changes.

I will. The other day i left my Juiced Aminos at work and was at home going to train. Literally had none. Only could do creatine glutamine and carbmax...so it was like chalky water lol. No bloating. I think thats proof right there

Rex
01-04-17, 10:51 am
I will. The other day i left my Juiced Aminos at work and was at home going to train. Literally had none. Only could do creatine glutamine and carbmax...so it was like chalky water lol. No bloating. I think thats proof right there

If that doesnīt proof it to you, I donīt know what will.
Definitely go with NITRO for the aminos and maybe a scoop of Juiced Aminos for the flavor.
It still tastes great even if itīs diluted more.

G-Six
01-04-17, 11:32 am
If that doesnīt proof it to you, I donīt know what will.
Definitely go with NITRO for the aminos and maybe a scoop of Juiced Aminos for the flavor.
It still tastes great even if itīs diluted more.

The last thing id want my intra workout to do is screw up my appetite. Need to stay on schedule with the meals following

ChrisTuttle
01-04-17, 7:33 pm
If you had to be stuck and needed to formulate your own pre-workout from Gas station purchases what would it be? LOL

G-Six
01-05-17, 9:11 am
If you had to be stuck and needed to formulate your own pre-workout from Gas station purchases what would it be? LOL
Great question:

Id go....Large black coffee (iced), sea salt (or regular salt), a 5 hour energy (b12)...I would stay away from energy drinks. Not because i never drink them but i dont want some carbonated as i'd probably be hiccuping or bloated from it during the workout.

ChrisTuttle
01-05-17, 9:26 am
Great question:

Id go....Large black coffee (iced), sea salt (or regular salt), a 5 hour energy (b12)...I would stay away from energy drinks. Not because i never drink them but i dont want some carbonated as i'd probably be hiccuping or bloated from it during the workout.

Smart! I would do the same except maybe half of that 5 hour energy for I will be up for days! You like that off the wall question don't you? HAHAH

Kowboy
01-05-17, 10:45 am
Any thoughts on a stack to supplement a basic HRT protocol?

Rex
01-05-17, 12:29 pm
The last thing id want my intra workout to do is screw up my appetite. Need to stay on schedule with the meals following

I know you do.
Dude, witnessing what you did to your physique with your pure dedication, hard work and passion makes ME feel proud.

G-Six
01-05-17, 2:10 pm
Any thoughts on a stack to supplement a basic HRT protocol?

I would go with (in addition foundational supps);

M-Stak
Whey
Pump
Juiced Aminos

Kowboy
01-05-17, 2:14 pm
I would go with (in addition foundational supps);

M-Stak
Whey
Pump
Juiced Aminos

42 days of MSTAK and break or is that the one you can take consistently. Do you think adding in NSC is a good idea?

G-Six
01-05-17, 2:27 pm
I know you do.
Dude, witnessing what you did to your physique with your pure dedication, hard work and passion makes ME feel proud.

Thank you. Being misguided for so long screwed me up but im glad i learned the idea of nutrient timing and not eating unnecessary bullshit at the wrong time. Helped me progress

Kowboy
01-05-17, 2:47 pm
Thank you. Being misguided for so long screwed me up but im glad i learned the idea of nutrient timing and not eating unnecessary bullshit at the wrong time. Helped me progress

Are you able to expand on this at all for those of us looking to learn?

G-Six
01-05-17, 3:11 pm
Are you able to expand on this at all for those of us looking to learn?

For my body type: eating massive amounts of carbs and no cardio at each meal is stupid. I learned to eat carbs when im going to use it as fuel (around workouts and surrounding that). Being conservative with such as to not become insulin resistant and literally just store fat. I learned that on non training day, carbs could be zero and just run with protein/fats. Daily cardio is essential for lean gains

Kowboy
01-05-17, 3:56 pm
For my body type: eating massive amounts of carbs and no cardio at each meal is stupid. I learned to eat carbs when im going to use it as fuel (around workouts and surrounding that). Being conservative with such as to not become insulin resistant and literally just store fat. I learned that on non training day, carbs could be zero and just run with protein/fats. Daily cardio is essential for lean gains

I honestly think I may be in the same boat, I am fat as shit and I really haven't been blowing my calories out of the water. I do think on non training days carbs could be eliminated for me. I have a baseline diet adn I am new at this so I am going to see how it works.

G-Six
01-06-17, 9:27 am
I honestly think I may be in the same boat, I am fat as shit and I really haven't been blowing my calories out of the water. I do think on non training days carbs could be eliminated for me. I have a baseline diet adn I am new at this so I am going to see how it works.

Its all about genetics. Its all about how you approach and ease into a diet/make adjustments. What Roman Fritz does, i could never do. Two completely different body types and metabolisms. You have to see how your body assimilates carbs. If i go too high, i get fat. If i go too low, i dont get bigger. There are other factors that are key factors that need adjustment if you cant push food hard if you wanna be huge, and those factors i will not discuss on an open forum (if youre following my drift). My current diet has pretty high carb for me but i worked extremely slowly up to it and adjusted cardio accordingly. Its all about how you approach/set the situation up which could make the difference between adding quality tissue or adding unwanted fat. If you think you are fat, i recommend doing a cut/ cardio almost like a 8 week contest prep. Get lean. Then slowly start from there.

Kowboy
01-06-17, 10:38 am
Its all about genetics. Its all about how you approach and ease into a diet/make adjustments. What Roman Fritz does, i could never do. Two completely different body types and metabolisms. You have to see how your body assimilates carbs. If i go too high, i get fat. If i go too low, i dont get bigger. There are other factors that are key factors that need adjustment if you cant push food hard if you wanna be huge, and those factors i will not discuss on an open forum (if youre following my drift). My current diet has pretty high carb for me but i worked extremely slowly up to it and adjusted cardio accordingly. Its all about how you approach/set the situation up which could make the difference between adding quality tissue or adding unwanted fat. If you think you are fat, i recommend doing a cut/ cardio almost like a 8 week contest prep. Get lean. Then slowly start from there.

Roger that and I follow you on the other factors. Unfortunately that is something I cannot try or chase ever so I have to follow the route I am on. I am on the road now and I went to whole foods and I picked up my food so I am on the right track.

Rex
01-06-17, 10:38 am

If I may add, all of this is great advice for ALL bodytypes.

Nmowery
01-06-17, 3:42 pm
Great question:

Ever tried the monsters with tea? The lemonade and red ones are awesome...20 calories in a can, no carbonation, and not an obscene amount of caffeine.

G-Six
01-10-17, 9:26 am
Ever tried the monsters with tea? The lemonade and red ones are awesome...20 calories in a can, no carbonation, and not an obscene amount of caffeine.

I have. They are good but i have a tough time finding them in stores

Nmowery
01-10-17, 12:31 pm
Ahhhh that sucks, those things are everywhere in my area and are the only energy drinks I mess with. Most of em are loaded with sugar, and the carbonated low cal ones just taste like ass.

G-Six
01-11-17, 12:27 pm
Ahhhh that sucks, those things are everywhere in my area and are the only energy drinks I mess with. Most of em are loaded with sugar, and the carbonated low cal ones just taste like ass.

That sugar wouldnt fly with me lol. Ill go with bad taste for sure

J.Halladay
01-24-17, 11:31 am
Gary - how many hours out are you from your next show?

Fe-MD
02-03-17, 6:14 am
Your stomach still feeling better with just nitro instead of juiced aminos?

Do you ever use pre workout drinks?

nicklepore
02-03-17, 9:01 am
Gary - how many hours out are you from your next show?

lolz

npcdusty
02-03-17, 2:23 pm
How long does it take to cook a piece of toast....lol just kidding.

Real question, what changed your way of thinking about bodybuilding and life? Over the past few years you made a very noticeable change in your structure and physique. Much improved for sure

ChrisTuttle
03-18-17, 10:01 pm
What I want to know is how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? And how many grams of carbs does it have?

J.Halladay
03-31-17, 8:16 am
What I want to know is how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? And how many grams of carbs does it have?

I too would like to know this G-Six - asking for a friend.

G-Six
03-31-17, 11:19 am
I too would like to know this G-Six - asking for a friend.

J.Halladay
03-31-17, 11:35 am

when is your next cheat meal, and what will be consumed.

spartan300
03-31-17, 12:42 pm
what i want to know is how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? And how many grams of carbs does it have?

three!

spartan300
03-31-17, 12:43 pm
three!

In the commercial!

Fe-MD
05-13-17, 10:15 am
Your stomach still feeling better with just nitro instead of juiced aminos? Do you think you may be sensitive to the artificial sweetners

Do you ever use pre workout drinks?

bump

ChrisTuttle
06-06-17, 10:15 pm
i too would like to know this g-six - asking for a friend.

hahahhah

ChrisTuttle
06-06-17, 10:16 pm
when is your next cheat meal, and what will be consumed.

and will it be the last meal of the day?

J.Halladay
06-30-17, 6:03 pm
and will it be the last meal of the day?

chris, it appears hes gone stealth mode on us...

ChrisTuttle
07-24-17, 1:50 pm
chris, it appears hes gone stealth mode on us...

We are not cool enough maybe or he does not want to share his secrets

npcdusty
07-24-17, 2:03 pm
I kinda find it hard to believe G-Six has gone stealth.....If he isn't posting here it because he is either talking to J-Dawg or getting NG to take a bathroom picture somewhere!

Aggression
07-24-17, 5:42 pm
I kinda find it hard to believe G-Six has gone stealth.....If he isn't posting here it because he is either talking to J-Dawg or getting NG to take a bathroom picture somewhere!

Last time I saw G-Six, it was the latter. Only NG was taking pictures of G-Six at the Atilis ABC, not in the bathroom. But close!

ChrisTuttle
07-25-17, 8:15 pm

HAHAHH yup and posting it on IG! We feel neglected!

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 1:06 pm

haha! isnt that the truth!

J.Halladay
07-31-17, 1:08 pm
Last time I saw G-Six, it was the latter. Only NG was taking pictures of G-Six at the Atilis ABC, not in the bathroom. But close!

how long did it find him to find the perfect lighting?

ChrisTuttle
07-31-17, 2:23 pm

AHHH that is funny!

G-Six
08-02-17, 9:46 am
Im back

Aggression
08-02-17, 2:34 pm

Took him the whole ABC.

ChrisTuttle
08-02-17, 6:57 pm
Im back

I thought I was going to see a G-six sighting past two days but NOPE!

G-Six
08-03-17, 9:23 am
Took him the whole ABC.

You cant rush perfection

G-Six
08-03-17, 9:24 am
I thought I was going to see a G-six sighting past two days but NOPE!
They don't let me leave my desk...

ChrisTuttle
08-03-17, 8:24 pm
They don't let me leave my desk...

That is horse shit!