PDA

View Full Version : My journey to jacked.

DSMBIZ
12-28-16, 2:48 pm
9 months ago I suffered a near fatal overdose on heroin, I was found without a heartbeat or pulse, it took 8 hits of narcan, electric paddles and a breathing tube for 3 days to keep me alive. Today I stand before you with a truly grateful heart.

I started my fitness journey roughly 7months prior to that at 130lbs, I've always been a skinny kid my entire life but I was a mere shell of a human at that point. I got myself up to about 153lbs in that 7 month time frame before the overdose.

9month ago, fresh out of the hospital @ 149lbs I was weaker than ever my body went through a great deal keeping me alive and I could feel it in every inch of my body, especially my chest where the EMTs had done the sternum rubs. Making it so I couldn't bench press for a cpl weeks. I decided I wanted to hit the gym, and hit it harder than ever before! I found a Freind of mine from my sober living facility and so my journey began, I've been hitting the gym with an extremely high level of intensity over these past 9 months, we found a program by Mike rashid called over training and we killed it day in and day out. It's a full body program meant to hit everything twice in 5 days with weekends to rest, the split was as follows - back/triceps - chest/back - legs/shoulders - shoulders/chest - biceps/legs. This was a brutal program with every movement being supersetted with the opposing muscle group. This is how my mindset for training with complete and utter intensity was inspired. After blasting thru this high volume program off and on, mixed in with some of our own stuff, & some 5x5 style training I now weigh in at 170lbs, I'm lean and healthy. But I'm still looking for more size and any strength I can get. I've recently hit a plateau that's brought me here. I know I'm late to the party, but we are now in our second week of HRT! And loving it! I struggle with the lack of volume but I am staying true to the program, having patience and trusting the process!

...Here we go!!

DSMBIZ
12-28-16, 4:31 pm
Dl:245
bench:205
Ohp:135
squat:205

DSMBIZ
12-30-16, 11:33 am
got home from work and juztin(cousin/partner) was already at the gym. so i didnt have time to eat so i grabbed my jar of peanut butter and inhaled a few big scoops. drank THE LAST SCOOP of my pre workout and got on my way. I arrived locked & loaded, excited for my week 2 HRT chest/tri workout. the smith machine was out of order so instead of doing decline we added a set on incline and flat. also threw 2 sets of bodyweight dips to work the lower chest and tris at the end of our workout. Overall i felt really good about this workout dispite being completey humbled by the low ass weights i had to do i was still very satisfied and left feeling drained, but complete. i increased my incline from last week, but after doing the 3 hrt sets on that i had to drop my flat from last weeks.

so we head over to the incline bench and toss a couple 25s on each side and begin our warmups, did roughly 15 reps.
warmup 2 we tossed 35s on each side and repped for 15 again, and then third set repped for 12.
here comes the work...
HRT set one - 115, flawless, felt great. good contraction, great control on the negatives.
HRT set two - 115, another great set, really felt it, held a great squeeze in the chest thru out the entire set. tho my shoulder was ready to give out on the last HRT rep. regaurdless held great resistance and control.
HRT set three - at this point i wanted to add more weight, but i knew i was getting great work with the current weight so i stayed.(remembering rage saying it was more important to finish than to not)
took a little longer than the usual minute rest time and powered thru this last set like a champ.

off to the flat bench.
warmup 1, 35s each side repped out i didnt count but upwards of 12
warmup 2, 135lbs for 8 reps(smoked at this point)
warmup 3, trying to keep myself fresh for the next 3 HRT sets i dropped back to 115 and repped for 10-12
HRT set one - kept at 115, and my shoulder gave out with a half HRT rep left >.< i was bullshit, especially considering i did it at 135 last week, i checked my ego and dropped the weight.
hrt set two - 25 plates - strong, solid control, excellent contraction this felt great
HRT set three - decided to do a HRT drop set, so 8+4, then stripped weight repped out about 8 reps and tryed a pushup after, i fell on my face, this was excellent.

moving on to tricep skull crushers.

all sets dont at 45lbs with the ez bar.
every set was strong and my arms are jelly by this point.

seated over head extentions put the nail in the coffin.
warmup sets at 35lbs
hrt set one at 35, but i didnt feel i had good enough control on the negative so once again, checked the ego and dropped the weight.
hrt set two 25 lbs, a little light but i was able to really resist thru the negative, but i also could get another full rep afterwards, so 30 is where ill go next week.

after that we finished up with a couple sets of bodyweight dips and at this point i was completley smoked. all in all beisdes having to take a serious ego check i had an amazing workout!
got home had my shake, and 3 eggs while my chicken cooked, then 8oz of chicken.
some peanut butter before sleep.

MRmichael.hooker
12-31-16, 12:40 pm
Hey brother, gonna be along for the ride in here