PDA

View Full Version : The National ABC Event

Animal
01-31-17, 1:44 pm
For the latest news and info about the annual Animal Barbell Club (ABC) Event – when, where and how to get in.

BigZ
01-31-17, 2:23 pm
Sweat!!! Can't wait! Had a blast last year!

npcdusty
01-31-17, 4:46 pm
As soon as this thread popped up I almost began to pack my shit... I can not wait to see all the family.....

Enforcer
01-31-17, 6:15 pm
I remember the first National ABC ever- to see how much it has grown over the years in just amazing

jhenry
01-31-17, 8:05 pm
The food last year at the end was perfect, hopefully we can make that possible again this year

BamBam
02-01-17, 9:48 am
An amazing event that is the cherry on top of that weekend. Deadlift party with some strong dudes is a great memory every time we all go at it.

ganderson
02-01-17, 11:31 am
As soon as this thread popped up I almost began to pack my shit... I can not wait to see all the family.....

Hahaha amen dude. Looking forward to it!

Nmowery
02-01-17, 3:04 pm
An amazing event that is the cherry on top of that weekend. Deadlift party with some strong dudes is a great memory every time we all go at it.

I plan to come out and pull some weight that night...will actually be in the middle of a 9 week peaking program, and am "supposed" to be toying with some bands that week if anyone wants to join me...

deanna7272
02-03-17, 10:37 am
I remember the first National ABC ever- to see how much it has grown over the years in just amazing

Yep, same... Incredible how it keeps growing.... Must be good stuff...

SMuncey
02-03-17, 11:21 am
So amped up for this! Hope to see you guys out there.

G-Six
02-03-17, 4:56 pm
As per usual, this is going to be an unreal event!

Coney
02-03-17, 8:49 pm
For the latest news and info about the annual Animal Barbell Club (ABC) Event – when, where and how to get in.

I can't wait!!!! This will be 3 years in a row for me

Blondie Weapon X
02-04-17, 10:32 pm
27 more nights dreaming of this !!
Can't get here fast enough!!
Always an Epic weekend of events!

ForgedStrength
02-06-17, 10:48 am
Can't wait to do this again, this will be 4 years in a row for me!
Any update on when/where to sign up yet?

Deadlift and cheesecake
02-08-17, 3:45 pm
Hell yeah! Can't wait! Had an awesome time last year!

Enforcer
02-08-17, 6:32 pm
Can't wait to see all the videos and pics from the National ABC

Thunder Chicken
02-08-17, 7:50 pm
So pumped for this!!

Coney
02-08-17, 9:00 pm

Any word on the National ABC ticket for 2017

BamBam
02-09-17, 10:38 am
I plan to come out and pull some weight that night...will actually be in the middle of a 9 week peaking program, and am "supposed" to be toying with some bands that week if anyone wants to join me...

Always down to deadlift

npcdusty
02-09-17, 12:27 pm
I think I may get in on the pull action this year... maybe and do some arm work... show off the dick skin, lol

Shawnmurtha36
02-10-17, 4:56 pm
I've been waiting for this news for the longest! Had an amazing time last year, any updates on how to get tickets yet?

brunos400ex
02-11-17, 2:49 pm
Can't wait to see all the videos and pics from the National ABC

You not making it out this year man?

Little Z
02-16-17, 11:14 am
Looking forward to yet another packed house for the National ABC, going to be great finally catching up with old friends and meeting new faces.

Thunder Chicken
02-16-17, 11:44 am
Looking forward to yet another packed house for the National ABC, going to be great finally catching up with old friends and meeting new faces.

Sweet!!! Can't wait!!!

brunos400ex
02-22-17, 12:34 pm
Always a great time! Starting to get excited!!

Blondie Weapon X
02-22-17, 9:11 pm

Hells yeah Little Z....it's going to be to see ya again!

BigZ
02-23-17, 2:08 pm
I've been waiting for this news for the longest! Had an amazing time last year, any updates on how to get tickets yet?

Yes, any news about tickets? Can't for this event!

Flash419
02-23-17, 2:10 pm
I wonder what's in the Shop...

Hmmmm...

naturalguy
02-23-17, 3:39 pm
I wonder what's in the Shop...

Hmmmm...

It is however there seems to be some bugs so hold off from ordering right now. It is charging people a shipping charge and that should not be. Hang tight, I'll let you guys know when it's ok

lilfella
02-23-17, 8:45 pm
It is however there seems to be some bugs so hold off from ordering right now. It is charging people a shipping charge and that should not be. Hang tight, I'll let you guys know when it's ok

Can't wait man. Is there a limit on the number of people? I desperately want to come and get in on this pulling lol

npcdusty
02-23-17, 9:40 pm
There will be a limit so keep your eyes on the forum. Once it goes live get in and get you a ticket. Once we hit the number it will be closed out! Good luck everyone, see you there!

Can't wait man. Is there a limit on the number of people? I desperately want to come and get in on this pulling lol

lilfella
02-23-17, 10:05 pm
There will be a limit so keep your eyes on the forum. Once it goes live get in and get you a ticket. Once we hit the number it will be closed out! Good luck everyone, see you there!

Hasn't it already gone live? but there is a shipping charge?

Nix0r
02-23-17, 11:34 pm
Hasn't it already gone live? but there is a shipping charge?

Hold tight for now. That's what they are working through. The almighty NG will let us know when to pull the trigger on the ticket.

naturalguy
02-24-17, 10:03 am
Ok, we should be good to go now. There is no charge and you should only be able to order 1 ticket per person.

https://www.animalpak.com/national-abc-ticket.html

You guys get first crack as we haven't gone public yet but will soon. There is a 200 person limit on the event.

npcdusty
02-24-17, 10:17 am
Everyone remember your store account is separate from your forum account so your user/pass may not be the same that you use in the forum! Was some confusion in the past about that.

Ok, we should be good to go now. There is no charge and you should only be able to order 1 ticket per person.

You guys get first crack as we haven't gone public yet but will soon. There is a 200 person limit on the event.

Shanec
02-24-17, 10:17 am

Got mine !! It worked great !!

Flash419
02-24-17, 1:05 pm
Got it.. Link worked perfect

See everyone there

ganderson
02-24-17, 1:11 pm
Ok, we are good to go!

BamBam
02-24-17, 4:00 pm
Got it

Ivanko86
02-24-17, 6:42 pm
I can't wait!!!! This will be 3 years in a row for me

I sadly missed it last year! Cant wait for this year!

Thunder Chicken
02-24-17, 6:55 pm
BOOM!! I'm in! so ready for this, cant wait to see everyone!!

deanna7272
02-24-17, 8:17 pm
BOOM!! I'm in! so ready for this, cant wait to see everyone!!

BoOmShAkAlAkA

Swimhack
02-24-17, 11:52 pm
Excited to meet everyone and bang out some heavy weights!!!!

brunos400ex
02-25-17, 10:57 am
Did you guys get a confirmation email with the ticket yet? It said my order was successful and gave me an order number, but no email?

deanna7272
02-25-17, 12:26 pm
Did you guys get a confirmation email with the ticket yet? It said my order was successful and gave me an order number, but no email?

I didn't get one, but I took a screenshot of my confirmation when I ordered... (Okay, I did it on a desktop and took a pic because I couldn't print it right away....Lol) #SoNotTechyTechy

brunos400ex
02-25-17, 7:42 pm
I didn't get one, but I took a screenshot of my confirmation when I ordered... (Okay, I did it on a desktop and took a pic because I couldn't print it right away....Lol) #SoNotTechyTechy

Haha ok perfect, I did the exact same thing! Hopefully we'll get the email soon!

rynoisbeast
02-25-17, 9:08 pm
If we have someone that isn't on the Forvm that wants to go, when can they get a ticket?

Nmowery
02-25-17, 10:58 pm
I don't think you need to be a member to get the ticket, from what I gather they just haven't let it known that the tickets are available except on here

npcdusty
02-26-17, 8:46 am
Yes they can get a ticket through the store. Animal just wanted to give the forum members and friends a chance to get tickets before it got out to the masses.

I don't think you need to be a member to get the ticket, from what I gather they just haven't let it known that the tickets are available except on here

optimusgonzo
02-26-17, 11:06 am

I got my order confirmation number but no email. I checked out as a guest. I couldnt remember my shop login. Its different than my forum login. I screen shotted the confirmation though. Do i need to redo it?

rynoisbeast
02-26-17, 5:21 pm
This will be me and my friends first one! Very excited.

npcdusty
02-26-17, 10:44 pm
As long as you got the confirmation with you I think you will be fine!

I got my order confirmation number but no email. I checked out as a guest. I couldnt remember my shop login. Its different than my forum login. I screen shotted the confirmation though. Do i need to redo it?

Blondie Weapon X
02-26-17, 11:00 pm
I believe that last year there was a sheet printed out at the desk with everyones name on it.

rynoisbeast
02-26-17, 11:05 pm
I was scrolling through instagram and saw something about another event the same night? Is this true?

deanna7272
02-26-17, 11:23 pm

I have used my screenshot for a number of years... I'm sure it will be okay, just to be sure, I'd bring an ID ...

In years past, they have had people checking confirmations, checking names off on the way in...

So many are asking this question, I'm sure that they know how they are going to handle it... ((They are good like that...Lol))

Jay Nera
02-27-17, 12:41 am
Let's do this!

npcdusty
02-27-17, 10:16 am
Not with Animal. There are other companies that try in imitate the ONE and ONLY ABC but I can assure you it wont compare!!!!

I was scrolling through instagram and saw something about another event the same night? Is this true?

BigZ
02-27-17, 5:49 pm
Got my tickets!! Had to give up my spot to work the Cage...but I'll be dammed if I miss the ABC!!!!!

futilekyle
03-01-17, 10:09 am
Shit I missed it before it went out of stock. I've been coming to the Arnold ABC since it started :(

HIGA MONSTER
03-02-17, 8:42 am
Off to the airport now, can't wait to see everyone at THE CAGE and the ABC!

Safe travels to all,
HIGA MONSTER

deanna7272
03-02-17, 9:35 am
Off to the airport now, can't wait to see everyone at THE CAGE and the ABC!

Safe travels to all,
HIGA MONSTER

Right back at ya Higa!!

brunos400ex
03-02-17, 7:30 pm
Shit I missed it before it went out of stock. I've been coming to the Arnold ABC since it started :(

Sent ya a PM man. May have extra ticket for my buddy who cant go.

MASS
03-20-17, 12:15 pm
the gym was crazy packed but it was great training with everyone and meeting everyone there! I blasted my fuckin arms on whatever I could and had an insane workout overall.. PWO meal was bareburger which was also off the hook!

deanna7272
03-20-17, 1:00 pm
the gym was crazy packed but it was great training with everyone and meeting everyone there! I blasted my fuckin arms on whatever I could and had an insane workout overall.. PWO meal was bareburger which was also off the hook!

Sad part is, it didn't end up being the National ABC that we all know of... I wish that those that jumped in on the experience could have had a true ABC experience, but to no fault of ANIMAL's it didn't happen. If some did stay and workout, kudos to you, but there was NO WAY that that environment was SAFE in ANY manner and the disrespect shown to ANIMAL was definitely UNPROFESSIONAL.

I won't go back unless a formal apology is issued to ANIMAL OR there is new management all the way around. The new owners will NOT be getting my $15 to train there...

Nmowery
03-22-17, 5:56 am
Glad to know I'm not the only one who was disappointed - after everyone on here has always talked so highly of the event, it was definitely a big WTF to try to squeeze into that place and do any actual lifting!

deanna7272
03-22-17, 10:19 am
Glad to know I'm not the only one who was disappointed - after everyone on here has always talked so highly of the event, it was definitely a big WTF to try to squeeze into that place and do any actual lifting!

Oh no, please don't think that THAT cluster____ was ANYTHING like our ABCs of the past... Yes, we get A LOT of folks in there, but the reason it is limited is for one, SAFETY of the lifters (with safety in mind, they SHOULD HAVE paid attention to the amount of people in there. That alone MAY be why the Fire Marshall was called...lol) and two, an environment where you can showcase some awesome lifts, and we can shoot the shit with those in the know getting pointers and help on our own lifts... That shit show that was there DEFINITELY wasn't SAFE...

This issue was no fault of ANIMAL's and like I stated before, they showed us ABSOLUTELY no respect... Not only as a company, but our individual attendees... When they looked at us and rudely stated, "this table is for someone else, get your SHIT off of it!" All they had to say is that the table was for Mr. Meadows to set up his product. I have the UTMOST respect for John Meadows, but as far as the co-owner that treated us that way, I have NONE.

They put us on a 4x12 (if we were lucky) balcony to hand out our gear bags. How is that awarding us "space ??? The food was up behind their DJ (yes, a DJ) and when Dusty went up to look for it, the woman said that she was only to be there another 30 minutes!!! No one even knew... Dusty had the DJ announce that the food for ANIMAL was up there. We moved up to ensure that it was ANMAL that got the food, not their paying patrons OR the group that had their event that night also. The room in which we were given to eat in last year was being utilized for a "photoshoot" (of the young woman checking the status of her posterior in the video I posted to social media) and we were given the cardio deck to "eat"... When they were packing up we were trying to brainstorm what to do with the food that was already paid for and was prepared for us... We were going to bring it back and use for meals for the athletes and such on Sunday, but we had no sure way of keeping it refrigerated etc. As we were discussing it, we remembered that around the corner was a homeless shelter and the food was packed up in Dusty's truck and taken to the shelter. Dusty said that they were VERY APPRECIATIVE...

There were other issues, such as the parking garage... Parking has NEVER been $20 in that lot on that night... EVER... To be honest, my first year there it was like $3... Then up to $5 and probably $7 for the outside level and $10 for the garage... NEVER $20... I know that I have always paid the machine to leave, not a woman in a car that wreaked of cigarette smoke...lol UGH... but I digress....

For many reasons, I am still salty about that night, but at least SOMETHING good come of the night.... Nothing went to waste, and those that were in need were fed...

naturalguy
03-22-17, 12:53 pm
As many of you know, every year we hold the National ABC Event at Powerhouse Gym in Downtown Columbus during the Arnold Sports Festival Weekend. For the first timers, this has been a tradition running almost a decade. Every year, we reserve the gym entirely for ourselves and the event. Every year, we pack the gym for food, weights, and catching up with the people that make Animal what it is – all this at absolutely no charge to our fans. It's one of the events I personally look forward to most all weekend. Unfortunately, this year things did not go as planned due to circumstances well beyond our control. We thought one thing was going to happen, but when we got to the gym, something entirely different was happening. Though the situation with the gym was something we could not have anticipated or even knew about ahead of time, we know it was still ultimately our event. So we would like to take this time to apologize to everyone that took the time and came out in hopes of attending the event. There is 11 more months until the 2018 Arnold Weekend and you can bet that we will be working every day until then to make sure that next year's event is the best one yet.

Mr. Dead
03-22-17, 12:58 pm
As many of you know, every year we hold the National ABC Event at Powerhouse Gym in Downtown Columbus during the Arnold Sports Festival Weekend. For the first timers, this has been a tradition running almost a decade. Every year, we reserve the gym entirely for ourselves and the event. Every year, we pack the gym for food, weights, and catching up with the people that make Animal what it is – all this at absolutely no charge to our fans. It's one of the events I personally look forward to most all weekend. Unfortunately, this year things did not go as planned due to circumstances well beyond our control. We thought one thing was going to happen, but when we got to the gym, something entirely different was happening. Though the situation with the gym was something we could not have anticipated or even knew about ahead of time, we know it ultimately it was still our event. So we would like to take this time to apologize to everyone that took the time and came out in hopes of attending the event. There is 11 more months until the 2018 Arnold Weekend and you can bet that we will be working every day until then to make sure that next year's event is the best one yet.

Always staying above the fray. One of the great things about this Company and its people.

Nmowery
03-22-17, 12:59 pm
Yea, I could tell from pics/vids that I've seen from previous years that things didn't go down this year like it had in the past...but I guess sometimes ya gotta just roll with things you can't control - although I wasn't about to move outta the way for that photo shoot either, lol. In the end, at least some people got fed who probably would've gone hungry...and I'm not even sure where anyone would have been able to eat in there!

Nmowery
03-22-17, 1:02 pm
As many of you know, every year we hold the National ABC Event at Powerhouse Gym in Downtown Columbus during the Arnold Sports Festival Weekend. For the first timers, this has been a tradition running almost a decade. Every year, we reserve the gym entirely for ourselves and the event. Every year, we pack the gym for food, weights, and catching up with the people that make Animal what it is – all this at absolutely no charge to our fans. It's one of the events I personally look forward to most all weekend. Unfortunately, this year things did not go as planned due to circumstances well beyond our control. We thought one thing was going to happen, but when we got to the gym, something entirely different was happening. Though the situation with the gym was something we could not have anticipated or even knew about ahead of time, we know it was still ultimately our event. So we would like to take this time to apologize to everyone that took the time and came out in hopes of attending the event. There is 11 more months until the 2018 Arnold Weekend and you can bet that we will be working every day until then to make sure that next year's event is the best one yet.

Hey it's all good...sometimes shit happen and ya gotta just roll with it. Wish someone would've told that to the kids who were crying about having to pull with a "regular" power bar and not a deadlift bar...boo fucking hoo'

Universal Rep
03-22-17, 1:03 pm
How open are folks to taking a cab or driving to a different gym next year?

G-Six
03-22-17, 2:47 pm
To everyone that attended (or tried to):

Again, on behalf of Animal, i offer my sincerest apologies for the way the event turned out. Of course, this was not our intention and please know that we will be making major adjustments so that this kind of debacle does not occur next year. You can be sure of that! With that being said, because you all are part of our family and came out to show support, look for some goodies from us in the mail very shortly. Again, thank you for coming out, thank you for the handful of you guys that helped us out while at the event and i look forward to seeing everyone next year at what will be the best National ABC that Animal has ever hosted.

npcdusty
03-22-17, 3:48 pm
Animal will always rise above and beyond. This was an unfortunate issue but its ok. 2018 will be better, the food went to a much needed cause and we all saw another day. No one to blame on our family side that's for damn sure.

As for next year, hell ill load each and ever ABC goer in the back of my truck and shuttle them anywhere we need to go to get away from the shit we saw this year!!!! That's what we do for each other!!! Any place , anytime anywhere!!!!

Gsix you handled it very well my friend. it was out of your hands the cards we got delt....

Momma D thank god you were there because ei think I would have killed someone if you had not been there...

For those of you that stayed and trained and got to eat, im glad you were able to. we stayed and feed all Animal Family till the lady had to leave...

Next year Fam!!! Next Year!!!

deanna7272
03-22-17, 5:26 pm
Animal will always rise above and beyond. This was an unfortunate issue but its ok. 2018 will be better, the food went to a much needed cause and we all saw another day. No one to blame on our family side that's for damn sure.

As for next year, hell ill load each and ever ABC goer in the back of my truck and shuttle them anywhere we need to go to get away from the shit we saw this year!!!! That's what we do for each other!!! Any place , anytime anywhere!!!!

Gsix you handled it very well my friend. it was out of your hands the cards we got delt....

Momma D thank god you were there because ei think I would have killed someone if you had not been there...

For those of you that stayed and trained and got to eat, im glad you were able to. we stayed and feed all Animal Family till the lady had to leave...

Next year Fam!!! Next Year!!!

No problem, SOMEONE had to guard the spoons...lmao!!! I know you felt the same way that I did... We aren't leaving until they make us...lol

Oh, the sights we saw from above...

Nmowery
03-22-17, 8:24 pm

Animal party bus?? Why can I already see one rolling down the street with the iconic logo wrapped on it??

Universal Rep
03-23-17, 9:57 am
Animal party bus?? Why can I already see one rolling down the street with the iconic logo wrapped on it??

It's a serious question. Not sure we can go back to the same gym we've relied on for years after this past event.

Again, on behalf of Animal, i offer my sincerest apologies for the way the event turned out. Of course, this was not our intention and please know that we will be making major adjustments so that this kind of debacle does not occur next year. You can be sure of that! With that being said, because you all are part of our family and came out to show support, look for some goodies from us in the mail very shortly. Again, thank you for coming out, thank you for the handful of you guys that helped us out while at the event and i look forward to seeing everyone next year at what will be the best National ABC that Animal has ever hosted.

Good call.

ganderson
03-23-17, 10:47 am

I am completely ok with that! I will go where ever the event is.

But to add to all of this, I agree with what everyone has said. It was out of our control, and ultimately I think made the best of it considering...aka having Dusty giving the food to the shelter made it all worth it.

We dealt with the cards we were given as best we could. There was literally no where to go. And to set us up at the top of those stairs was completely ridiculous. But to be honest, once that guy (owner, employee, whatever...D and Dusty know what I'm taking about) told us to "move our shit"...I was like "fuck this, I'm out" lol.

npcdusty
03-23-17, 11:06 am
I know several of us drive in to town, so seriously, I will glady give as many a ride that I can. I know the true Animal fans will go wherever we need to go to get a proper National ABC. I think moving to another place is almost a must. I have the worst taste in my mouth for what happened this year with powerhouse. I honestly don't see a issue with moving to another location. Animal ABC is a prized event that many wish to attend every year. I honestly think moving it out of town a bit to a new location is fitting to the cause... it will help weed out the issues for sure. with so many travel options these days if you cant find a ride something is wrong. We can always use the forum to help out those that need a ride and sch something up... I say we move it!!!!

There was a party bus outside the gym that night so it is a option... I prefer my truck however....but getting to the location just shows you want to be there, so a small travel is worth it to me, no matter how you get there.

It's a serious question. Not sure we can go back to the same gym we've relied on for years after this past event.

Good call.

deanna7272
03-23-17, 11:31 am
I would load my vehicle also... Never a problem...

Nmowery
03-23-17, 12:16 pm
I am completely ok with that! I will go where ever the event is.

But to add to all of this, I agree with what everyone has said. It was out of our control, and ultimately I think made the best of it considering...aka having Dusty giving the food to the shelter made it all worth it.

We dealt with the cards we were given as best we could. There was literally no where to go. And to set us up at the top of those stairs was completely ridiculous. But to be honest, once that guy (owner, employee, whatever...D and Dusty know what I'm taking about) told us to "move our shit"...I was like "fuck this, I'm out" lol.

If that was the attitude that ownership/management was giving off, I definitely wouldn't go back. It would be one thing if they were apologetic for the situation, but I'm gonna guess they came to the realization that they could make a lot more $$ by cramming as many people as possible into the building and telling animal to piss off...

Razor
03-24-17, 8:38 am

Great post Gary and thank you. Really looking forward to next year and see what's in store!

Razor
03-24-17, 8:39 am

Looking forward to this after what transpired this year haha.

HIGA MONSTER
03-24-17, 10:48 pm
Sounds good to me...anything to make the National ABC stand out for the ANIMALS only.

Not all the Fitness models that were walking around...and a Drone in the gym. WTF

GunRock
03-25-17, 3:44 am

I'm okay with that. I hated that I missed this year. Even with the shenanigans it is always great to see everyone each year. I have some friends who traveled up there for it and who were disappointed because it didn't match what I had told them to expect. I will definitely pass on to them that Animal is taking steps to correct it and to give it another chance next year.

See you all in 2018.

Aggression
03-26-17, 2:05 pm
The ABC was/is a great chance to talk shop in a friendly environment, away from all the ruckus that surrounds the expo hall during the day. I attended 4-5 National ABCs while working for Animal years ago. The last few years, I didn't even plan to workout at the National ABC. Instead, I walked around and spoke to all those who I didn't get to chance to speak to during the day. Spotted a few bros, talked shop, and just hung out. I always looked forward to it. That place was always jam packed with like-minded peoples. Unfortunately, what happened this year is what it is. Can't do anything about it now except look forward to next year and try to make something better happen.

Nix0r
03-27-17, 9:42 am

I am 100% open to driving to a different gym. We usually stay outside the city anyways, and I typically try and get a bigger vehicle to make the trip, so I'll be a damn taxi service if need be to get people to a different location.

You're just gonna nap in the car to wherever we go.

Razor
03-28-17, 1:26 pm
You're just gonna nap in the car to wherever we go.

It almost sounds like that's a bad thing

Nix0r
03-28-17, 8:23 pm

Typical you.

npcdusty
03-28-17, 10:14 pm
new forum name; napster!!!

Typical you.

Mr. Dead
03-29-17, 10:31 am

I seem to remember that a few years back. *LOL*

Typical you.

Agreed.

new forum name; napster!!!

See above. *LOL*

Universal Rep
03-29-17, 10:51 am
I know the true Animal fans will go wherever we need to go to get a proper National ABC. I think moving to another place is almost a must. I have the worst taste in my mouth for what happened this year with powerhouse. I honestly don't see a issue with moving to another location. Animal ABC is a prized event that many wish to attend every year. I honestly think moving it out of town a bit to a new location is fitting to the cause... it will help weed out the issues for sure.
[

If that was the attitude that ownership/management was giving off, I definitely wouldn't go back. It would be one thing if they were apologetic for the situation, but I'm gonna guess they came to the realization that they could make a lot more $$ by cramming as many people as possible into the building and telling animal to piss off...

Based on how the fans were treated by the gym, I don't see how the National ABC Event could be held there.

ganderson
03-30-17, 9:01 am
Based on how the fans were treated by the gym, I don't see how the National ABC Event could be held there.

I think moving a little bit outside of the city would be a good thing too.

I'm okay with that. I hated that I missed this year. Even with the shenanigans it is always great to see everyone each year. I have some friends who traveled up there for it and who were disappointed because it didn't match what I had told them to expect. I will definitely pass on to them that Animal is taking steps to correct it and to give it another chance next year.

See you all in 2018.

Miss the Georgia crew this year. Hope all is well. Looking forward to seeing you in '18!

GunRock
03-31-17, 3:05 am
Miss the Georgia crew this year. Hope all is well. Looking forward to seeing you in '18!

Yeah Brother, it's all good. I started a small business and it's taking all of our extra funds to sort of nurse it along until it gets to the point where it can crawl on it's own. We could probably have managed it but my wife and I were just paranoid about spending the cash to get to the Arnold and then having something come up later on in the year that we might need the cash for but it would have been spent to go to Columbus. By next year, we'll have a better handle on financial obligations I think and be able to make the trip. I mean because of what I do, I'm able to write off part of the trip so it can be considered a business expense, I took the opportunity to interview Maliek Derstine last year when I was up there, but it's always been a vacation for my wife and I and I want to be able to enjoy the trip rather than being nervous about the impact on our business finances.

I pulled 555lbs at the ABC up there in 2016 so my goal is to pull 600lbs the first time at the ABC. If not in 2018 definitely in 2019!

Thunder Chicken
04-01-17, 11:34 am

good to hear G, we tried to put make up on a pig but in the end it was still a pig lol, I cant wait to see what is in store next year! I drive to the Arnold from my house everyday so I could pack a few people in my car if we need to trail a little ways.

Nmowery
04-08-17, 9:00 am
Soooo I found a box on my porch last night with my name on it - wasn't sure what was up cause i haven't ordered anything lately, but then saw it shipped from NJ! Just wanted to say thanks for the goodies...totally unnecessary since animal wasn't at fault for the mess, but definitely appreciated!