PDA

View Full Version : Clean bulk cycle: suggested supplementation

Jasonnov
01-31-17, 3:52 pm
Hi guys, newcomer here!

I'm currently on a clean bulk, I spent 3 months eating 200 calorie surplus and, before reaching a plateau, I gained 2kgs

Now, I bought Gh Stack ( I take it before bed )Animal Test, 1 hour before workout with my snack, and M - stak

This last one is the one i'm curious the most

Since I started taking it, I experienced a massive increase in hunger, and I decided to up my calorie intake, passing from the previous 200 surplus to a 4-500 one ( I take mstak with breakfast )
Is Mstak really supposed to efficiently limit fat gain when on a big surplus, helping to shuttle extra calories to muscle growth?
Is that hunger normal, and I have to eat more accordingly or is this hunger only a side effect/ false sensation?
Which results have you seen with test and mstak?

Jasonnov
02-01-17, 4:49 am
Hi guys, newcomer here!

I'm currently on a clean bulk, I spent 3 months eating 200 calorie surplus and, before reaching a plateau, I gained 2kgs

Now, I bought Gh Stack ( I take it before bed )Animal Test, 1 hour before workout with my snack, and M - stak

This last one is the one i'm curious the most

Since I started taking it, I experienced a massive increase in hunger, and I decided to up my calorie intake, passing from the previous 200 surplus to a 4-500 one ( I take mstak with breakfast )
Is Mstak really supposed to efficiently limit fat gain when on a big surplus, helping to shuttle extra calories to muscle growth?
Is that hunger normal, and I have to eat more accordingly or is this hunger only a side effect/ false sensation?
Which results have you seen with test and mstak?

No one? :(

spartan300
02-01-17, 9:39 am
No one? :(
I'm not really sure where you're getting your information from but anything other than a "clean" bulk is just an excuse for getting fat. I can only give you what has worked for me in the past. When considering a Bulking type diet you must consider your basal metabolic rate establish that number. From that point I would try to determine what my caloric needs were based on my activity level. Otherwise I think you're pissing in the wind. You need to be concentrating on calorically dense foods all though Be cautious to not overindulge in empty calories. Many will say they are necessary. Bullshit! It is essential to get your proper number of macros in the correct proportions. (Proteins,carbs and fats). Only after you have determined these numbers should you consider any form of supplementation. Devise a plan which will find you eating every 2 1/2 hours . Alternating whole food meals with protein shakes. Then and only then would I start using any other form of added supplementation. I've given no real details here as far as formulas and numbers I've used in the past. I have no idea if this information is what you're seeking but this is what has worked for me in the past. Good luck!

Jasonnov
02-01-17, 10:09 am
I'm not really sure where you're getting your information from but anything other than a "clean" bulk is just an excuse for getting fat. I can only give you what has worked for me in the past. When considering a Bulking type diet you must consider your basal metabolic rate establish that number. From that point I would try to determine what my caloric needs were based on my activity level. Otherwise I think you're pissing in the wind. You need to be concentrating on calorically dense foods all though Be cautious to not overindulge in empty calories. Many will say they are necessary. Bullshit! It is essential to get your proper number of macros in the correct proportions. (Proteins,carbs and fats). Only after you have determined these numbers should you consider any form of supplementation. Devise a plan which will find you eating every 2 1/2 hours . Alternating whole food meals with protein shakes. Then and only then would I start using any other form of added supplementation. I've given no real details here as far as formulas and numbers I've used in the past. I have no idea if this information is what you're seeking but this is what has worked for me in the past. Good luck!

HI, and thanks for your answer!
I have a 2500 calories tdee, I initially added a 200 calorie surplus to that, for two months
Now results slowed down, and I decided to shift to an higher surplus, 4-500 calories a day

I also bought, aside from gh stack, and animal test, animal mstak too, cause I read It could help to shuttle those calories in muscle growth processes, and I was wondering if it really works so good for my objective and which results does people had here :)
Does it really limit fat gain on a bulk?

Rex
02-01-17, 10:43 am
HI, and thanks for your answer!
I have a 2500 calories tdee, I initially added a 200 calorie surplus to that, for two months
Now results slowed down, and I decided to shift to an higher surplus, 4-500 calories a day

I also bought, aside from gh stack, and animal test, animal mstak too, cause I read It could help to shuttle those calories in muscle growth processes, and I was wondering if it really works so good for my objective and which results does people had here :)
Does it really limit fat gain on a bulk?

Youīre overthinking the supplement part way too much. Your training and your nutrition are whatīs going to determine how much fat you gain along with the muscle your putting on.
That being said, I think what you did was correct. You simply added another 200-300 kcal and now you see whatīs going to happen. That is how itīs done. And thatīs how I would advise you to keep doing it further down the road. If youīre getting too fat at some point, just pull back a bit again.

Sure, disposal agents such as MStak or even just straight chromium or ALA do help to shuttle nutrients into the right compartments. However, you should never be thinking that you canīt gain clean muscle without them.
"YOU ARE YOUR MAKER."
(quote by The House)

Rex
02-01-17, 10:43 am
I'm not really sure where you're getting your information from but anything other than a "clean" bulk is just an excuse for getting fat.

Couldnīt agree more.

Jasonnov
02-02-17, 4:12 am
Youīre overthinking the supplement part way too much. Your training and your nutrition are whatīs going to determine how much fat you gain along with the muscle your putting on.
That being said, I think what you did was correct. You simply added another 200-300 kcal and now you see whatīs going to happen. That is how itīs done. And thatīs how I would advise you to keep doing it further down the road. If youīre getting too fat at some point, just pull back a bit again.

Sure, disposal agents such as MStak or even just straight chromium or ALA do help to shuttle nutrients into the right compartments. However, you should never be thinking that you canīt gain clean muscle without them.
"YOU ARE YOUR MAKER."
(quote by The House)

Yeah, having diet and training on point, I added those supplements like an icing on the cake!

Jasonnov
02-02-17, 4:14 am
Couldnīt agree more.

I was referring to the dirty approach many take
I hate it!

Ending up like a potato, with more muscle but way too much fat, it's not something I would lol

Rex
02-03-17, 10:41 am
Yeah, having diet and training on point, I added those supplements like an icing on the cake!

Way to go, brother. If thatīs the case youīll always see great results.

Rex
02-03-17, 10:42 am
I was referring to the dirty approach many take
I hate it!

Ending up like a potato, with more muscle but way too much fat, it's not something I would lol

Absolutely. Me neither.

Jasonnov
02-03-17, 1:06 pm
Absolutely. Me neither.

Thanks for both your answers
By the way, today is my 7th day on those supplements

For some strange reason, I look more ripped and lost 2 pound in a week, since I started eating more too, and I also look more fuller

Rex
02-04-17, 10:33 am
Thanks for both your answers
By the way, today is my 7th day on those supplements

For some strange reason, I look more ripped and lost 2 pound in a week, since I started eating more too, and I also look more fuller

Dude, whatever youīre doing is working. Just keep doing it and enjoy the results.
Donīt you dare start overthinking now!

Jasonnov
02-04-17, 5:35 pm
Dude, whatever youīre doing is working. Just keep doing it and enjoy the results.
Donīt you dare start overthinking now!

I'll continue to do my best, as always!
Thanks, mate!!!

spartan300
02-04-17, 7:40 pm
Have you made the necessary adjustments?

Jasonnov
02-05-17, 6:45 am
Have you made the necessary adjustments?

What kind of adjustment in particular?

I'm currently holding a 500 calorie daily surplus, with everything calculated, and I take those listed supplements as a complement of my plan

The only great doubt I have is : do I have to eat the same even on rest days, or Is better to eat less?
Does this eventually helps limiting fat gains or not?

spartan300
02-05-17, 9:56 am
Remember to compensate for energy expenditure (only add don't go lower than established baseline) I would not fluctuate my numbers due to rest days or off days. These days are GROW days. Be sure to always be in a state of positive nitrgen balance. (Keep the protein coming)!

Jasonnov
02-05-17, 10:51 am
Remember to compensate for energy expenditure (only add don't go lower than established baseline) I would not fluctuate my numbers due to rest days or off days. These days are GROW days. Be sure to always be in a state of positive nitrgen balance. (Keep the protein coming)!

Yay, I feel good eating the same amount of macros and calories everyday, easier and also more satisfacting!

And I love protein, I keep them high for taste other than nutrition!!

spartan300
02-05-17, 12:18 pm
[QUOTE=Jasonnov;1446067]Yay, I feel good eating the same amount of macros and calories everyday, easier and also more satisfactin.

In the words of Yoda Eat well You must and grow large you will!

Jasonnov
02-05-17, 2:49 pm
[QUOTE=Jasonnov;1446067]Yay, I feel good eating the same amount of macros and calories everyday, easier and also more satisfactin.

In the words of Yoda Eat well You must and grow large you will!

" May the growth be with you "

Old master definitely knows right ways to do it!

Rex
02-05-17, 3:38 pm
The only great doubt I have is : do I have to eat the same even on rest days, or Is better to eat less?
Does this eventually helps limiting fat gains or not?

Good question.
Since you are not expending as much energy on rest days it certainly is a good idea, in order to limit unwanted fat gain, to reduce caloric intake slightly or at least switch some of the carbs you are normally eating for the same caloric value of protein and/or healthy fats.

Jasonnov
02-05-17, 4:57 pm
Good question.
Since you are not expending as much energy on rest days it certainly is a good idea, in order to limit unwanted fat gain, to reduce caloric intake slightly or at least switch some of the carbs you are normally eating for the same caloric value of protein and/or healthy fats.

Which of these two approaches Is better, in your opinion?

Rex
02-06-17, 6:40 pm
Which of these two approaches Is better, in your opinion?

Letsīs say youīre 500kcal above maintenance on training days.
On off days I would reduce your carbs by 100gr. Which will reduce your intake by about 470kcal (assuming you have cut out 100gr of carbs from rice).
Then I would add in something like 4 whole regular size Omega 3 eggs to your daily diet. This will get you back up by 260 kcal coming from around 24gr protein and 16g healthy fats.

Jasonnov
02-07-17, 4:07 am
Letsīs say youīre 500kcal above maintenance on training days.
On off days I would reduce your carbs by 100gr. Which will reduce your intake by about 470kcal (assuming you have cut out 100gr of carbs from rice).
Then I would add in something like 4 whole regular size Omega 3 eggs to your daily diet. This will get you back up by 260 kcal coming from around 24gr protein and 16g healthy fats.

Sounds good! I will try next rest weekend
Thanks a lot man, precious advices

Rex
02-07-17, 10:36 am
Sounds good! I will try next rest weekend
Thanks a lot man, precious advices

Anytime, brother. Anytime...

Jasonnov
02-11-17, 5:53 am
Does a weekly cheat meal ( for example two pizzas ) have any positive or negative impact, on a bulk?

Aggression
02-15-17, 10:52 am
It depends on your body. Whenever I take M-stak, I notice a huge increase in appetite that I feel one NEEDS to listen to and adjust for. If your body is asking for more calories, then do it. If you're taking M-stak the right way, then you're looking to add mass, so why not throw in some extra calories. As for cheats, it depends. Me? I always enjoy a night out to dinner or some pizza once a week, or twice. With my schedule, I am off every other weekend. So on the weekends I am off, I usually go out to a nice dinner with the wife Saturday night and then maybe order pizza/wings Sunday night. I am not a BB'er, nor am I overly concerned with my abs shredding through. So I eat.

However, I'm a guy who looks at carbs and gets fat. So on non-training days, I keep my carb intake under 100g. On training days, I have 'em around 250-300. On those 'cheat days', its whatever.