PDA

View Full Version : After The Cage 2017

npcdusty
03-06-17, 11:31 am
First off let me begin by saying this year will def go down in the history books for me! Being able to head intern was a dream come true and I can only hope that it continues. To all the Universal Nutrition / Animal Staff, Head Interns and Daily Interns it was an amazing year working with you all. I know there was so much more I could have done so I hope I was able to do what you all needed from me. This is Family to me and I can not imagine not seeing you guys every year. I just wish we could do it more often. Seeing the A banner come down yesterday was a sad yet celebrated event. Standing next to NG as it came down gave me chills and def hit hard that it was over for another year. The family means so much to me. There was no job to big or small this weekend and everyone played such a vital roll and I know we could not have done it without everyone working together. I wish the ABC event had been better for us all and we could have done our usual but that was out of our hands but I can bet next year will be better than ever without a doubt. If you didn't get to eat don't worry the food went to a good and much needed place for some folks that prob never get anything like that so we did make sure of that!!! From the LE Gear, supps, freebies etc there just could not have been a better time this year. The cage rocked it as always and Gsix killed it on the Mic, he def was in his much deserved place! Natural Guy and JDawg I cant thank both of you enough for all that you do and have done for me, very proud to call you my friends and family. I wish I could name you all but I would forget someone and hurt a feeling so I just say thank you to all of you, you know who you are.. To all the Animal Athletes and Cage lifters you guys were amazing and the friendships have only gotten stronger, except Frank McGrath, lol Just kidding Frank, I had a blast with you and all our fun. If any of yall ever need anything or are in West Tennessee please hit me up, stop and say hi or catch a workout or a meal. I could ramble on and on about the weekend but all I can say is THANK YOU ALL.... and I have to single out MommaD, you are the absolute best and I have all the respect in the world for you :) If I don't see any of you before, see you in 2018!!!! As always Animal Loyal to the end. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Nmowery
03-06-17, 4:10 pm
I'd like to show thanks for being picked to help out on Saturday as well...it was awesome to not only get to experience the vibe of being at the booth and cage, but to get to put a face to a lot of the names I've seen on here for a while now.

And yea the abc did seem to be a bit of a mess...idk what was even going on, I got there at 7 and got checked in, and went downstairs to change...then I noticed a small room with bars and weights and started to get my pull on before more people started piling in. Next thing I knew, the room was packed, a couple of bitches were crying about not getting to use a deadlift bar, and I was getting dirty looks for using up all the plates. I finished up what I was doing and went upstairs, and hoooooooly shit it was jammed! I got in what I could for some accessory lifts and bailed the bell out - totally forgot there was supposed to be food afterwards!

Razor
03-07-17, 8:40 am
First off let me begin by saying this year will def go down in the history books for me! Being able to head intern was a dream come true and I can only hope that it continues. To all the Universal Nutrition / Animal Staff, Head Interns and Daily Interns it was an amazing year working with you all. I know there was so much more I could have done so I hope I was able to do what you all needed from me. This is Family to me and I can not imagine not seeing you guys every year. I just wish we could do it more often. Seeing the A banner come down yesterday was a sad yet celebrated event. Standing next to NG as it came down gave me chills and def hit hard that it was over for another year. The family means so much to me. There was no job to big or small this weekend and everyone played such a vital roll and I know we could not have done it without everyone working together. I wish the ABC event had been better for us all and we could have done our usual but that was out of our hands but I can bet next year will be better than ever without a doubt. If you didn't get to eat don't worry the food went to a good and much needed place for some folks that prob never get anything like that so we did make sure of that!!! From the LE Gear, supps, freebies etc there just could not have been a better time this year. The cage rocked it as always and Gsix killed it on the Mic, he def was in his much deserved place! Natural Guy and JDawg I cant thank both of you enough for all that you do and have done for me, very proud to call you my friends and family. I wish I could name you all but I would forget someone and hurt a feeling so I just say thank you to all of you, you know who you are.. To all the Animal Athletes and Cage lifters you guys were amazing and the friendships have only gotten stronger, except Frank McGrath, lol Just kidding Frank, I had a blast with you and all our fun. If any of yall ever need anything or are in West Tennessee please hit me up, stop and say hi or catch a workout or a meal. I could ramble on and on about the weekend but all I can say is THANK YOU ALL.... and I have to single out MommaD, you are the absolute best and I have all the respect in the world for you :) If I don't see any of you before, see you in 2018!!!! As always Animal Loyal to the end. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Awesome job this weekend Dusty. You stepped up and made a name for yourself. Thanks bro.

BigZ
03-07-17, 12:31 pm
I loved the setup this year! Really sad I missed out working it but got to visit a couple of times. Awesome to meet NPC & JDawg.

ganderson
03-07-17, 1:46 pm

Well said, and couldn't agree more. It was an honor working along side you this weekend...Year one of Head Intern down, hopefully many more to go!

Nix0r
03-07-17, 2:18 pm
u r a qt 3.14

Firefist
03-08-17, 12:21 pm
Fantastic time kickin it with you fine folks this past weekend.

Razor
03-17-17, 1:41 pm
http://seventhroomstudios.com/1.png

http://seventhroomstudios.com/2.png

http://seventhroomstudios.com/3.PNG

Such and amazing weekend and as always so sad to see it end so quickly. Shout out to everyone that helped including the amazing daily and full weekend interns. It was unreal to say the least.

Rick87
03-17-17, 5:10 pm
Are those red shirts with the big A still available somewhere? Holy shit they look good

npcdusty
03-20-17, 11:54 am
Continue to keep an eye on the forum for after the Arnold sale of what was left. There has not been a date released or anything yet.

Are those red shirts with the big A still available somewhere? Holy shit they look good

Razor
03-20-17, 12:50 pm
Continue to keep an eye on the forum for after the Arnold sale of what was left. There has not been a date released or anything yet.

Everything sold big but my God those 3/4 sleeve Ts were gone after Saturday i think!

deanna7272
03-20-17, 12:54 pm
I don't know about you all, but dang... I'm missing the Cage... I wanted to once again say thank you to all of those involved in putting this thing in motion... Anyone that has been there, either behind the scenes, on the front line OR as a guest HOLY CRAP, it's a ton of work. Kudos to those that tirelessly make the weekend a success!!

We had big changes this year as far as the set up, the checkout, the storage, the tear down, etc.... All around change, and it worked... Since I have been a head intern, I don't usually have the opportunity to see the lifts because we have always been on the back side, but this year was different. No, you couldn't "see" through the sea of fans (which is TOTALLY awesome) but, if given the opportunity we could sneak over to watch for a few without having a terrible impact on the work flow... Cool stuff...

The lifts/lifters... WOW!!! Just when you think it can't get any better BAM it does!!! Incredible lifts/feats of strength that were just mind-blowing ... Talk about inspiring athletes, and the opportunity to shoot the shit with them is GOLDEN! You have to be there to REALLY get the energy that is created!!

The Head Interns and Daily Interns... We had a great crew working together this year. I really can't believe that others do not jump on the opportunity to do this... Our Head Crew works so well together because we have learned the process, what's expected, and how to back each other up when needed. I love the family vibe and I hope you guys know that I got you, for whatever and whenever...

Anyway, you all know that I can go on and on and given the opportunity, I will but for now.... Thank you, missing you , and can't wait for NEXT year!!!

Universal Rep
03-21-17, 8:32 am
I don't know about you all, but dang... I'm missing the Cage... I wanted to once again say thank you to all of those involved in putting this thing in motion... Anyone that has been there, either behind the scenes, on the front line OR as a guest HOLY CRAP, it's a ton of work. Kudos to those that tirelessly make the weekend a success!!

We had big changes this year as far as the set up, the checkout, the storage, the tear down, etc.... All around change, and it worked... Since I have been a head intern, I don't usually have the opportunity to see the lifts because we have always been on the back side, but this year was different. No, you couldn't "see" through the sea of fans (which is TOTALLY awesome) but, if given the opportunity we could sneak over to watch for a few without having a terrible impact on the work flow... Cool stuff...

The lifts/lifters... WOW!!! Just when you think it can't get any better BAM it does!!! Incredible lifts/feats of strength that were just mind-blowing ... Talk about inspiring athletes, and the opportunity to shoot the shit with them is GOLDEN! You have to be there to REALLY get the energy that is created!!

The Head Interns and Daily Interns... We had a great crew working together this year. I really can't believe that others do not jump on the opportunity to do this... Our Head Crew works so well together because we have learned the process, what's expected, and how to back each other up when needed. I love the family vibe and I hope you guys know that I got you, for whatever and whenever...

Anyway, you all know that I can go on and on and given the opportunity, I will but for now.... Thank you, missing you , and can't wait for NEXT year!!!

While it's true that a lot of work goes into putting on The Cage, I can also say it's absolutely true that the event would not run without all those who make it possible. The Interns, especially the Head Interns, make The Cage what it is. Sure, the lifters are incredible and sure that's what the fans come to see year in, year out. But the unsung heroes are all those who work behind the scenes to make sure things move along. Thank you and all the interns.

And to all those who come every year to The Cage? Well, it goes without saying that without you, there would be no event. The Cage would be nothing more than some equipment and some people sitting around with nothing to do. Thanks for making the event what it is every single year: a big, bad, crazy family reunion.

Nmowery
03-21-17, 10:28 am
Everything sold big but my God those 3/4 sleeve Ts were gone after Saturday i think!

Yea someone save me one of those next year!

Razor
03-21-17, 11:25 am
While it's true that a lot of work goes into putting on The Cage, I can also say it's absolutely true that the event would not run without all those who make it possible. The Interns, especially the Head Interns, make The Cage what it is. Sure, the lifters are incredible and sure that's what the fans come to see year in, year out. But the unsung heroes are all those who work behind the scenes to make sure things move along. Thank you and all the interns.

And to all those who come every year to The Cage? Well, it goes without saying that without you, there would be no event. The Cage would be nothing more than some equipment and some people sitting around with nothing to do. Thanks for making the event what it is every single year: a big, bad, crazy family reunion.

Awesome words and i agree i've been very fortunate to work with amazing people every year that i've worked the Cage. This year was no different but so much more! I mean every where i turned there was an intern or one of the heads doing something. The Cage was buzzing with all of our activity it was quite the thing to witness. I can't thank all you enough from full-weekend-warriors to dailies it was insane and quite the sight to behold.

naturalguy
03-21-17, 12:21 pm
We certainly could not have pulled it off without all of you. You guys (and gals) were a tremendous help.

npcdusty
03-21-17, 12:36 pm
See I told you guys to keep your eyes out... Posted by Universal rep not to long ago....

NEWS: The Cage 2017 Remnant Sale

Everything is back and the details should be sorted out for that sale on Animalpak.com. Some things sold out, but other things did not. This thread will be updated.

Universal Rep
03-21-17, 12:40 pm
See I told you guys to keep your eyes out... Posted by Universal rep not to long ago....

NEWS: The Cage 2017 Remnant Sale

Everything is back and the details should be sorted out for that sale on Animalpak.com. Some things sold out, but other things did not. This thread will be updated.

You mean this? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?44786-NEWS-The-Cage-2017-Remnant-Sale

Every time I try to leave, I'm dragged back in. Somebody has to update that hidden members-only section, haha.

Mr. Dead
03-21-17, 1:31 pm
You mean this? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?44786-NEWS-The-Cage-2017-Remnant-Sale

Every time I try to leave, I'm dragged back in. Somebody has to update that hidden members-only section, haha.

Hmmm...

npcdusty
03-21-17, 1:42 pm
lol, I love it!!!!

Pete Rubish
03-21-17, 9:21 pm
It was another great year and I am thankful that I was a part of it! Four years in a row!!

TheMachine
01-30-18, 8:20 am
Ladies and Gents it is getting close to that time!

Blondie Weapon X
01-30-18, 9:09 am
Ladies and Gents it is getting close to that time!

Oh YeaH!! Can't wait to see everyone!

STRONGfireMAN
02-02-18, 5:49 pm
Has the 2018 thread started yet?

deanna7272
02-02-18, 6:40 pm
Has the 2018 thread started yet?

Haven't seen anything yet, but I'm sure it shouldn't be long now...

GunRock
02-02-18, 10:18 pm
Heh, just checked in to find out the answer to that very question!

deanna7272
02-02-18, 10:35 pm
Heh, just checked in to find out the answer to that very question!

Are you going to make it up this year??

GunRock
02-03-18, 12:06 am
Are you going to make it up this year??

Yup! We're debating flying versus driving this time. Depends on the cost of a rental car (airport rental rates SUCK). Our hotel isn't in the city or we'd probably forgo the rental and just catch a cab from the airport. If we drive, we'll be up there Friday morning. If we fly, we'll possibly make it Thursday night.

But I'll definitely be at the ABC for sure!

deanna7272
02-03-18, 1:47 am
Yup! We're debating flying versus driving this time. Depends on the cost of a rental car (airport rental rates SUCK). Our hotel isn't in the city or we'd probably forgo the rental and just catch a cab from the airport. If we drive, we'll be up there Friday morning. If we fly, we'll possibly make it Thursday night.

But I'll definitely be at the ABC for sure!

Ohhhh yeah!!!! That's what I'm talking about!! Remember, there's always Uber!!! 😋

GunRock
02-03-18, 1:55 am
Ohhhh yeah!!!! That's what I'm talking about!! Remember, there's always Uber!!! ��

That's true. I'm just picturing me standing there trying to get all of my Expo swag stuffed in the back of some Uber driver's Prius while my wife is shaking her head. (Might do it, just for the story lol).

deanna7272
02-03-18, 1:59 am
That's true. I'm just picturing me standing there trying to get all of my Expo swag stuffed in the back of some Uber driver's Prius while my wife is shaking her head. (Might do it, just for the story lol).

Just an option, but I have a pic that shows my post expo haul in the front of a peanut I rented... It CAN be done...hahaha

TheMachine
02-07-18, 9:01 am
Any way around the ticket master fees for the expo tix? One of my friends from here is heading out to Columbus for a wedding so I was seeing if there was any places out there where i could get expo tix in the area n bypass the ticketmaster fees (buying for 2 people adds up quickly)?

Nmowery
02-07-18, 9:52 am
Any way around the ticket master fees for the expo tix? One of my friends from here is heading out to Columbus for a wedding so I was seeing if there was any places out there where i could get expo tix in the area n bypass the ticketmaster fees (buying for 2 people adds up quickly)?

Just buy them at the door?

TheMachine
02-07-18, 11:32 am
Just buy them at the door?
price goes up at the door

npcdusty
02-07-18, 12:02 pm
What is TM charging in fees $ ? The at door price is only 5.00 more. Outside of that TM is the only venue I know that sales for the Arnold.

price goes up at the door

deanna7272
02-07-18, 12:15 pm
What is TM charging in fees $ ? The at door price is only 5.00 more. Outside of that TM is the only venue I know that sales for the Arnold.

I used to buy mine at Kroger, through the TM kiosk, but I don't remember there being that much of a fee... It's been a few years ago though...

ganderson
02-07-18, 12:39 pm

You're honestly probably better off just getting thru TM. I'd imagine with the fees or plus $5 at the expo equal out or close to anyway? Plus the way I look at it, if you get on TM, its one less thing to do and one less line to stand on the mornings of the expo...to me thats worth it.

TheMachine
02-07-18, 2:59 pm
an extra $4.25 per ticket for a 1 day or $7.75 for each weekend pass (id be getting 2)

npcdusty
02-07-18, 4:11 pm
Yea you mine as well go ahead and do TM so you skip the purchase lines... Saves you a few cents anyway as well. TM is the only place I know to do it outside of the door!

an extra $4.25 per ticket for a 1 day or $7.75 for each weekend pass (id be getting 2)

JamesPaul
02-08-18, 2:22 am
May I adk a dumb question? I apologize in advance.

I’m trying to go this year, never gone before.
Do the competitions and stuff take place at the same time as The Cage and the other bokths events?

deanna7272
02-08-18, 5:47 am
May I adk a dumb question? I apologize in advance.

I’m trying to go this year, never gone before.
Do the competitions and stuff take place at the same time as The Cage and the other bokths events?

There are SO many competitions, this is probably the best information that can help...

http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/schedule/

Hope that helps!

Flash419
02-08-18, 7:10 am
Less then a month to go... Pretty quiet in here

Interns this year? Any thoughts on new ABC location (last year was a fiasco)? New gear coming out?

TheMachine
02-08-18, 8:04 am

Interns this year? Any thoughts on new ABC location (last year was a fiasco)? New gear coming out?
im interested as well... especially the ABC. Last time I went to the Arnold (2016), i had jacked up my back a couple days before the Arnold n missed the ABC that year. Definitely trying to hit my first ABC for the Arnold (had a blast at the Olympia one in 2015)

npcdusty
02-08-18, 9:23 am
Im sure there will be some info in the next fews days on the Cage and all so cant speak for daily interns yet. ill check with some of the Corp guys and see what I can find out. I know preparation has them very busy. As for ABC, I know the location has been changed this year to fix the mess the gym caused last year. So this years ABC will be a blast!

JamesPaul
02-09-18, 10:44 am
There are SO many competitions, this is probably the best information that can help...

http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/schedule/

Hope that helps!

Awesome. Thank you!

Nmowery
02-09-18, 4:45 pm
...never mind

MAB
02-11-18, 9:21 pm
Im sure there will be some info in the next fews days on the Cage and all so cant speak for daily interns yet. ill check with some of the Corp guys and see what I can find out. I know preparation has them very busy. As for ABC, I know the location has been changed this year to fix the mess the gym caused last year. So this years ABC will be a blast!

I'm glad to hear that. It was VERY disheartening last year at the National ABC. I was really surprised we were treated so poorly!

I keep checking in to see if there are any 2018 updates... I'd definitely like to put in to be a daily intern again. I had a blast last year hanging with Megan and keeping The Shop stocked 😄

I can't wait to see everyone! 💙

npcdusty
02-12-18, 10:12 am
Had to look back on what you where talking about as a "nevermind".. Buying at the door? There will be several tables selling them at the entrys at only 5.00 more a day or you can buy the weekend pack there I believe as well. TM will only save you a few bucks.

...never mind

npcdusty
02-12-18, 10:15 am
Its my understanding that this years staff will be a bit different. So there more than likely wont be a posting for dailys this go round, but for the long haulers that have always been there either way, you know how hard it is with all the traffic and such so im sure it will be needed!!! Besides we cant have a Cage without MAB around... Don't forget the Kilt!

I'm glad to hear that. It was VERY disheartening last year at the National ABC. I was really surprised we were treated so poorly!

I keep checking in to see if there are any 2018 updates... I'd definitely like to put in to be a daily intern again. I had a blast last year hanging with Megan and keeping The Shop stocked ��

I can't wait to see everyone! ��

GunRock
02-12-18, 2:46 pm

Agreed. We should be up there by Friday am. Got to get my annual pic with Deanna!

Wonder if they will have Cage tees this year. Need another for my collection.

deanna7272
02-12-18, 6:44 pm
Agreed. We should be up there by Friday am. Got to get my annual pic with Deanna!

I'm getting my SMILE ready...lol.

I'm pretty sure we'll have the Cage concert T, it's a tradition!!!

ganderson
02-13-18, 9:40 am
I had a blast last year hanging with Megan and keeping The Shop stocked 😄

She will be there again this year. I know she had a good time last year, and she said she's looking forward to seeing you!

ganderson
02-13-18, 9:42 am
New gear coming out?

I do know that there is a ton of items to be sold in the shop this year. We all should have plenty to choose from.

GunRock
02-13-18, 10:26 pm

One thing I'm definitely looking forward to seeing is Pete going head to head against Cailer Woolam. Should be a good show!

Blondie Weapon X
02-20-18, 1:40 pm
All I've got to say is
9 DAYS NOW!!

npcdusty
02-20-18, 4:29 pm
Just a friendly heads up, Better get on Animals IG account for the ABC national!!!!

TheMachine
02-21-18, 8:17 am
So Amped for the cage and the ABC. looking to hit a PR on deads (500) at the ABC

jhenry
02-21-18, 4:04 pm
No intern thread this year??

ganderson
02-21-18, 5:51 pm
No intern thread this year??

Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any daily interns this year my man.

MAB
02-21-18, 7:43 pm
Its my understanding that this years staff will be a bit different. So there more than likely wont be a posting for dailys this go round, but for the long haulers that have always been there either way, you know how hard it is with all the traffic and such so im sure it will be needed!!! Besides we cant have a Cage without MAB around... Don't forget the Kilt!

Well I'll be there! So any help that is needed I'm in 😊 And I'll bring the kilt for Sport Kilt Sunday!

Awesome! Like I said, can't wait to see you all 😄

She will be there again this year. I know she had a good time last year, and she said she's looking forward to seeing you!

I can't wait to hear about everything! The wedding, the honeymoon, the house! 😄 Still so excited for you guys! 💙

ganderson
02-27-18, 12:08 am
I can't wait to hear about everything! The wedding, the honeymoon, the house! 😄 Still so excited for you guys! 💙

Ahh thanks! You two have a lot of catching up to do! I know she is excited as well.