PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Evan Centopani's Road To Recovery

naturalguy
03-09-17, 12:42 pm
Only a very small number of lifters ever get through this game without having a major injury, the kind that puts you out for months – the kind that lands you on an operating table. You lift your whole life, paying very close attention to how your body feels, and adjusting every variable so that you stay injury-free. But sometimes, life throws you a curve ball. Sometimes, devastating injuries occur outside the gym when you least expect it. Evan “Ox” Centopani knows all about building a world class pro physique. Staggering weights, lifted day in and day out, couldn’t stop him. Unfortunately, a simple accident has. This past January, while preparing for his next pro show, the NY Pro, Ox suffered a major quad tear when he slipped on some ice on his driveway. Would this setback cause him to re-think his bodybuilding career? Or will Ox see this as just another bump in the road? Watch and find out in this new series from Animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k5jLuw-m0Y

Nmowery
03-09-17, 10:43 pm
I was talking to a trainer at my gym about how it seems like injuries never happen when lifting big weight, it's always some dumb shit

2 weeks later, I wrecked my knee doing fuckin LEG EXTENSIONS. Like...really?

Dudes like Evan are too determined to let something like this de-rail them...

Rex
03-10-17, 10:28 am
I was talking to a trainer at my gym about how it seems like injuries never happen when lifting big weight, it's always some dumb shit

2 weeks later, I wrecked my knee doing fuckin LEG EXTENSIONS. Like...really?

Dudes like Evan are too determined to let something like this de-rail them...

I absolutely agree. I personally know 5 guys who tore either one or both quads. Only 2 had it happen in the gym.

Rex
03-10-17, 10:33 am
Another thing: I´m very pleasently surprised by the speed of his recovery. At least it seems quick from the outside. His scar looks perfectly straight, super thin and there is almost no swelling or bruising worth mentioning after such a terrible injury.
I´m sure that has to do with Evan´s nutrition and life style.

ChrisTuttle
03-18-17, 9:57 pm
Lets tell everyone what really happened that you were fighting Sasquatch in your back yard!

Jay Nera
03-30-17, 11:12 pm
Lets tell everyone what really happened that you were fighting Sasquatch in your back yard!

If this were the case, then the story would be pretty badass. I mean either A) he killed sasquatch but got wounded or B) he got wounded but still managed to beat sasquatch into running away. Both ending are cool.

Jay Nera
03-30-17, 11:14 pm
Another thing: I´m very pleasently surprised by the speed of his recovery. At least it seems quick from the outside. His scar looks perfectly straight, super thin and there is almost no swelling or bruising worth mentioning after such a terrible injury.
I´m sure that has to do with Evan´s nutrition and life style.

Definitely. I want to pick his brain a lot about his healing approach on this. Well, On healing in general. Seems like the guy who would really get everything in order on this.