PDA

View Full Version : Programming Advice

swoleberry
03-10-17, 12:34 am
Just a couple of weeks ago, I completed Evan's Iron Intelligence program. Loved it and loved the progress I made on deads in particular. I started up Hell Raiser Training, another great program which I've ran a few years back when it was originally released. However, 2 weeks into HRT, I still have a fire burning for deadlift progression. Should I try to implement a deadlift program into HRT or should take on a new program altogether?

Gooners85
03-11-17, 11:42 am
Sometimes when you're on a roll, you need to milk it for all it's worth.

If your deadlift is going so well that simple linear progression will work, it won't take much time... maybe a few weeks of adding 10lbs each session to get back to where you need intermediate level programming again.

Plus, with all that volume you accumulated during Iron Intelligence, that should set you up for some big PRs

Jay Nera
03-30-17, 11:43 pm
Sometimes when you're on a roll, you need to milk it for all it's worth.

If your deadlift is going so well that simple linear progression will work, it won't take much time... maybe a few weeks of adding 10lbs each session to get back to where you need intermediate level programming again.

Plus, with all that volume you accumulated during Iron Intelligence, that should set you up for some big PRs

For real. If you've accumulated a ton of volume...the hard work is done.

Rex
04-15-17, 10:19 am
Just a couple of weeks ago, I completed Evan's Iron Intelligence program. Loved it and loved the progress I made on deads in particular. I started up Hell Raiser Training, another great program which I've ran a few years back when it was originally released. However, 2 weeks into HRT, I still have a fire burning for deadlift progression. Should I try to implement a deadlift program into HRT or should take on a new program altogether?

IŽd say do the hellraiser program as recommended but add the Deadlifts to it. More is better. If you ask me...