PDA

View Full Version : Diet Critique

JJFLEMING
05-20-17, 5:21 pm
So my problem is I fn love food, but who doesn't? This is what I'm doing right now, this is my daily intake give or take depending on work schedule:

135g carbs from 3 cups of jasmine rice spread over at least three meals

248g protein from 2lbs of ground turkey daily

My fats are way high I think, I like to use avocado oil or olive oil to put over rice to keep from drying out. this ranges from 216g to 432g....lol. basically 1 to 2 cups daily for oils.

I add in Real Gains if I'm still hungry but been struggling lately with getting food into me without feeling like death. Forcing myself to eat usually makes it impossible to finish out the daily meals.

I use weber seasonings for everything!

Not sure If I'm in the right here but that's why I'm here, to get my sh*t right and make it happen.

JJFLEMING
05-20-17, 8:42 pm
I'm 5'9 and 245lbs if that helps.

LayzieBone085
05-21-17, 6:55 pm
Protein looks good, but the biggest problem is you are in a range of over 200g of fats. If you add that up, thats a 1,800 caloric swing that you do not have calculated out.

What you should do is calculate what you eat in a day, and then post up the exact macronutrients. Get a tracker like Fitday, MyFitness Pal, and see what you really consume in a one day period. In my opinion you need to really lower that fat and increase your carb intake unless you are VERY Carb senstivite. Most people do not realize how much they can tolerate especially if they place them at optimal times to support their training.

I would suggest getting around 20-25% fat , your protein is great around 250g. Once you meet protein minimums in a gaining phase, carbohydrates become more protein sparing. So lets just take a rough estimate that you average 3500 a day. This is what I would suggest
250g of protein = 1000 kcals
400g of carbs = 1600 Kcals
100g Fat = 900

First and foremost spread protein evenly among your meals
For your pre/post-workout meals make them carb heavy .. Aim for 75-100g of carbs in those meals. Then what you should do is add some bulk carbs to your intra-workout shake. Take your BCAA product and add 50-75g of Carbs (HBCD is a good source, Dextrose, Gatorade powder) to help sustain energy and also train at your prime). Post-workout aim to get around 100g of carbs. Use things that settle nice and easy (Cream of rice, cream of wheat, oatmeal, rice, pasta, rice cakes).

For your other meals in the day make them P+F Based --> Ground Turkey (93/7) , Ground Meat (90/10), Top Round, Eye of the Round and veggies. Here you can add your oils to to help boost fat intake. Nut butters, avacadoes, nuts are all great sources to use as well. This helps control insulin sensitivity, and will keep you lean instead of spiking insulin with carbs in every single one of your meals. If you find that that is too many carbs for pre/post. try breaking them up, or throw more intra-workout carbs into the mix when they are used most. They are fast digesting and should settle very easy on the stomach.

If you find that the carbs make you sluggish, then try adjusting them down to 300g, and bumping fats up 40-45g (to offset the 400 calories). Take notes for 3-4 weeks, then adjust based off the scale/mirror. and then go from there (adding more food if need be)

JJFLEMING
05-21-17, 10:36 pm
Protein looks good, but the biggest problem is you are in a range of over 200g of fats. If you add that up, thats a 1,800 caloric swing that you do not have calculated out.

What you should do is calculate what you eat in a day, and then post up the exact macronutrients. Get a tracker like Fitday, MyFitness Pal, and see what you really consume in a one day period. In my opinion you need to really lower that fat and increase your carb intake unless you are VERY Carb senstivite. Most people do not realize how much they can tolerate especially if they place them at optimal times to support their training.

I would suggest getting around 20-25% fat , your protein is great around 250g. Once you meet protein minimums in a gaining phase, carbohydrates become more protein sparing. So lets just take a rough estimate that you average 3500 a day. This is what I would suggest
250g of protein = 1000 kcals
400g of carbs = 1600 Kcals
100g Fat = 900

First and foremost spread protein evenly among your meals
For your pre/post-workout meals make them carb heavy .. Aim for 75-100g of carbs in those meals. Then what you should do is add some bulk carbs to your intra-workout shake. Take your BCAA product and add 50-75g of Carbs (HBCD is a good source, Dextrose, Gatorade powder) to help sustain energy and also train at your prime). Post-workout aim to get around 100g of carbs. Use things that settle nice and easy (Cream of rice, cream of wheat, oatmeal, rice, pasta, rice cakes).

For your other meals in the day make them P+F Based --> Ground Turkey (93/7) , Ground Meat (90/10), Top Round, Eye of the Round and veggies. Here you can add your oils to to help boost fat intake. Nut butters, avacadoes, nuts are all great sources to use as well. This helps control insulin sensitivity, and will keep you lean instead of spiking insulin with carbs in every single one of your meals. If you find that that is too many carbs for pre/post. try breaking them up, or throw more intra-workout carbs into the mix when they are used most. They are fast digesting and should settle very easy on the stomach.

If you find that the carbs make you sluggish, then try adjusting them down to 300g, and bumping fats up 40-45g (to offset the 400 calories). Take notes for 3-4 weeks, then adjust based off the scale/mirror. and then go from there (adding more food if need be)

Thank you sir for a starting point! Stay turned I'll be starting a Log or something covering workouts, food, thoughts basically anything and everything. I've always been on a "see food" diet and balls to the wall with my training lol and it worked for a minute but now I gotta buckle down and treat this with a little finesse.

JohnJewett
05-22-17, 10:49 pm
Hey buddy I think it would help everyone if specially laid out each meal one by one. I would really want to see how much you eat with each meal. Also how long have you followed this and what result are you subjectively and objectively seeing?

Rex
05-27-17, 10:34 am
Hey buddy I think it would help everyone if specially laid out each meal one by one. I would really want to see how much you eat with each meal. Also how long have you followed this and what result are you subjectively and objectively seeing?

Jep. John is right. Provide these infos and we can help you out MUCH better

JJFLEMING
06-08-17, 12:06 am
Sorry guys. I really appreciate all the feedback. I've been dealing with some intestional issues which had me in the ER. Basically not training or eating much. Will be taking everything from here and starting a log of everything, food, weights, ect. Getting back at it!!

Rex
06-09-17, 10:28 am
Sorry guys. I really appreciate all the feedback. I've been dealing with some intestional issues which had me in the ER. Basically not training or eating much. Will be taking everything from here and starting a log of everything, food, weights, ect. Getting back at it!!

Get well soon, brother. Keep us posted.

Jay Nera
06-30-17, 2:07 am

Man, anyword? You getting better? Get stuff figured out yet? Hope all is well bro.

Rex
06-30-17, 6:25 pm
Man, anyword? You getting better? Get stuff figured out yet? Hope all is well bro.

Yea. How are you?
How did you f up your stomach so bad for you to land in the ER anyway?