PDA

View Full Version : how's this look

THEROK
07-24-17, 11:30 am
sup fellas, just wanted to put this out there to get some feedback, tips, advice from those in the know

im 45yo, 5'10" 250 @ ~25%bf just coming back off a 2/3yr layoff...i just started back hitting the iron and pulling my sled- humbling to face reality but only way is forward. i'd consider myself an intermediate with my lifts (before my layoff) ~400lb bench, ~400 deadlift, ~500lb squat...nowhere near that now but want to get going strong again and see where that takes me. i had some shoulder and back injuries that im just getting past but need to be patient and smart to not re-aggravate. im more than ready

i just recieved my shipment of animal supps: 2 cans Pak, 2 cans Omega, 2 cans Stak, 2 cans PM plus intra bcaa's

im following a 16/8 IF protocol

-lots of green tea all morning, possible cardio (bcaa's if so)
-12 lunch - pak + omega
- stak 30mins pre w/o or 30 mins before bed
- PM 30-60mins before bed

*im fully aware diet makes or breaks getting lean, for the time im eating paleo at all times except PWO where i'll eat up starchy carbs. my macros are 40p/30/30. i'm wanting to lean out while adding back a lot of muscle i lost ( i understand that becomes a matter of diminishing returns)

thanks guys

ChrisTuttle
07-24-17, 1:48 pm
sup fellas, just wanted to put this out there to get some feedback, tips, advice from those in the know

im 45yo, 5'10" 250 @ ~25%bf just coming back off a 2/3yr layoff...i just started back hitting the iron and pulling my sled- humbling to face reality but only way is forward. i'd consider myself an intermediate with my lifts (before my layoff) ~400lb bench, ~400 deadlift, ~500lb squat...nowhere near that now but want to get going strong again and see where that takes me. i had some shoulder and back injuries that im just getting past but need to be patient and smart to not re-aggravate. im more than ready

i just recieved my shipment of animal supps: 2 cans Pak, 2 cans Omega, 2 cans Stak, 2 cans PM plus intra bcaa's

im following a 16/8 IF protocol

-lots of green tea all morning, possible cardio (bcaa's if so)
-12 lunch - pak + omega
- stak 30mins pre w/o or 30 mins before bed
- PM 30-60mins before bed

*im fully aware diet makes or breaks getting lean, for the time im eating paleo at all times except PWO where i'll eat up starchy carbs. my macros are 40p/30/30. i'm wanting to lean out while adding back a lot of muscle i lost ( i understand that becomes a matter of diminishing returns)

thanks guys

This looks good to me to start. The biggest questions is what is going to happen to your weight and stamina after a full 5-7 days on plan. Then you will have information to go by. If the current plan needs changes or not. Esp the diet. Might need to add food or take away. You will see. Just be as consistent as possible and make changes every 5-7 days.

THEROK
07-24-17, 10:02 pm
thanks for the reply Chris. when you say let's see how you are in 5 or 7 days, do you see a potential problem or that i just need to evaluate on a weekly basis as you explained??

THEROK
07-25-17, 12:29 pm
also meant to throw this out there- would you recommend Flex even if you do not currently have any joint pain or issues?? i didnt know if it has a preventative benefit to it.

MRmichael.hooker
07-25-17, 2:09 pm
also meant to throw this out there- would you recommend Flex even if you do not currently have any joint pain or issues?? i didnt know if it has a preventative benefit to it.

I know I'm not as wise as some of the supplement gurus in here, and I won't pretend to be. But, where I come from is years of experience. I've taken flex pretty much daily since 2010. I work out pretty hard and pretty heavy (for me) and have bounced between body building, power lifting, and 'power building', as well as military training (10 years going strong). I can say for me personally, I've yet to have any joint discomfort or issues at all. I've also told my civilian dr and a dr at the VA about what supplements I take and they always think it's a great approach that I take it as a preventative. I consider it extra insurance on my body. Most wear a lifting belt or wrist wraps or sleeves or w/e as a way to protect the body and I feel Flex is the same exact idea. Just my 2 cents

ChrisTuttle
07-25-17, 8:09 pm
thanks for the reply Chris. when you say let's see how you are in 5 or 7 days, do you see a potential problem or that i just need to evaluate on a weekly basis as you explained??

Most plans look correct and do have some validity to them but to see if it is working for you, you need data. After as 5-7 days you will have some data to work off of to see what direction you need to go. Whether you need to add or take away food. Make sense?

ChrisTuttle
07-25-17, 8:10 pm

You could make the argument that it is preventative and you could make the argument that you do not need it until you are in pain. This is really up to you and a matter of opinion.

THEROK
07-31-17, 5:57 pm
thanks guys for your input...for now im just focused on eating the right foods at the right times and getting back on track. i'll def give it further consideration in the near future.

also, just added nitro for peri/wo - would you recommend 1 pack pre and 1 post or 2 post wo?? i will be drinking 30 grams bcaa intra

i appreciate your input

Rex
08-08-17, 10:18 am
This looks good to me to start. The biggest questions is what is going to happen to your weight and stamina after a full 5-7 days on plan. Then you will have information to go by. If the current plan needs changes or not. Esp the diet. Might need to add food or take away. You will see. Just be as consistent as possible and make changes every 5-7 days.

Everytime Chris comments on a thread before I do there is nothing to add by me anymore.