PDA

View Full Version : Bulletproof coffee with grassfed butter and MCT oil

Jay Nera
07-30-17, 2:48 pm
Just curious. I've recently strated drinking coffee. I'm not a stimulant person normally. Ill take 1/3 a scoop of Fury on a deadlift day kind of guy...i t remove the red pill from my animal pump kind of guy.

Anyway, I've started drinking BulletProof coffee with MCT oil and grassfed butter instaed of cream. Im just curious if anyone else take this. Its supposed to have both ketogenic effects as well as nootropic effects. As i said, Im not a coffee drinker so i feel the stimulant effect. Not sure if i feel the other effects.

Just curious if anyone has thoughts on this.

N. Motta
07-31-17, 10:54 am
I've done it. I think it's cool, in terms of quality fats you're getting and it has a good taste.

The thing I don't agree with, is drinking it before a workout. That much fat is going to blunt an insulin spike and prevent you from absorbing some fast digesting nutrients, both during and after a training session. Something that is very beneficial. Yet for some reason, the crossfit crowd thinks that drinking it before a workout is gospel. But so is pounding cans of kill cliff and getting ribcage tattoos with various bible versus.

MRmichael.hooker
07-31-17, 4:14 pm
but so is pounding cans of kill cliff and getting ribcage tattoos with various bible versus.

hahaha

Jay Nera
07-31-17, 11:34 pm
........... But so is pounding cans of kill cliff and getting ribcage tattoos with various bible versus.

LOL. Too funny.

Thats a good point though about the fats. thanks.

Im taking it in the mornings on an empty stomach. I drink it while i do some computer work and then after an hour or two i eat my first meal. I like it so far, I don't know if its the coffee and the fats itself, the bulletproof coffee that is, or if its just the fact that Im drinking coffee period, because I dont usually drink coffee.

Rex
08-03-17, 5:32 pm
LOL. Too funny.

Thats a good point though about the fats. thanks.

Im taking it in the mornings on an empty stomach. I drink it while i do some computer work and then after an hour or two i eat my first meal. I like it so far, I don't know if its the coffee and the fats itself, the bulletproof coffee that is, or if its just the fact that Im drinking coffee period, because I dont usually drink coffee.

You guys seriously put butter in your coffee?

Aggression
08-03-17, 6:07 pm
You guys seriously put butter in your coffee?

It's kind of a weird fad right now. I've tried it. I didnt like it. Sure, the Coffee Mate flavored creamers are terrible for you, but they're delicious. So fuck it.

Rex
08-14-17, 5:05 pm
It's kind of a weird fad right now. I've tried it. I didnt like it. Sure, the Coffee Mate flavored creamers are terrible for you, but they're delicious. So fuck it.

If we all were to eliminate everything that´s bad for us this FORVM would have to shut down. So, you´re right. Fuck it.

N. Motta
08-15-17, 10:57 am
If we all were to eliminate everything that´s bad for us this FORVM would have to shut down. So, you´re right. Fuck it.

https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/the-nutrition-myth

Funny video in this link

Aggression
08-16-17, 1:35 pm

On Monday, too many eggs will kill you. On Tuesday, eggs don't cause health issues. Wednesday says a glass of wine a day is fine. Thursday says a glass of wine a day leads to cancer. Its a fucking joke.

Aggression
08-16-17, 1:37 pm

Funny video in this link

Damn I made my previous comment prior to watching the video and the same thing was touched upon, haha. Too good. Too funny.

Cellardweller
08-16-17, 4:00 pm
Just curious. I've recently started drinking coffee.

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

npcdusty
08-16-17, 4:26 pm
Seems interesting. I mean at some point a new idea has to come forth. I eat ketchup on my eggs and growing up I thought who the fuck does this.. Now I wont eat without it. So to each his own. If you like it and it seems to work then go for it. I may have to try it myself just to see. Also, im a cracker barrel kind of guy, so as a end of meal, I save my biscuit, put the gravy on it and spiced apples, like a free dessert... a must try!

Jay Nera
08-29-17, 12:10 pm
"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

Wait.... what are we talking about exactly?
haha

Its been a while now, i find that I am much more productive with a little bit of caffein in my life.

Jay Nera
08-29-17, 12:24 pm

Funny video in this link

That video is too funny. Sometimes the truth can be comical.

To add to that video. Investigating cholesterol is a super interesting topic. correlations between cholesterol and heart disease are completely false.

75% of pople with heart disease had low to normal cholesterol, only 25% had high cholesterol. This is something to think about.

Rex
08-29-17, 6:29 pm
On Monday, too many eggs will kill you. On Tuesday, eggs don't cause health issues. Wednesday says a glass of wine a day is fine. Thursday says a glass of wine a day leads to cancer. Its a fucking joke.

Yeah :) Haha So true!

pfabrizi1
08-30-17, 4:04 pm
I just read that they did a "huge" study that found low fat, high carb diets may cause death. That high fat diets may not be that bad for us after all. What a groundbreaking study, we didn't know that at all now did we... Funny how us "meatheads" know and have known more about the human body than professional researchers.

Jay Nera
08-31-17, 12:40 am
I just read that they did a "huge" study that found low fat, high carb diets may cause death. That high fat diets may not be that bad for us after all. What a groundbreaking study, we didn't know that at all now did we... Funny how us "meatheads" know and have known more about the human body than professional researchers.

They like to see "studies". I used to subscribe the NSCA Strength & Conditioning Journals. 99.999% of the things in the journal were just more and more confirmations of the things we already knew. But at the same time, there are often studies that can be done with minut variances that yield opposite results...theres still a lot to learn from these. Ie. Most of the past studies done with high fat still kept carbs high, no wonder people got unhealthy. There are probably 100s of studies like that, and then one person did the study with lower carbs and BAAAAM different results. So although I want to knock mot of these studies, i also appreciate it when they keep trying slightly different things. Theres always so much to learn.

pfabrizi1
08-31-17, 10:17 am
They like to see "studies". I used to subscribe the NSCA Strength & Conditioning Journals. 99.999% of the things in the journal were just more and more confirmations of the things we already knew. But at the same time, there are often studies that can be done with minut variances that yield opposite results...theres still a lot to learn from these. Ie. Most of the past studies done with high fat still kept carbs high, no wonder people got unhealthy. There are probably 100s of studies like that, and then one person did the study with lower carbs and BAAAAM different results. So although I want to knock mot of these studies, i also appreciate it when they keep trying slightly different things. Theres always so much to learn.

Oh I completely agree, this journey is all about learning. I try to read as much as possible weather I agree with the studies or not. I feel that most just don't have the same practical application as our community does though. We use our own bodies as our own test subjects, applying different principals in real life scenarios that I feel most studies just cant replicate. While we all can learn a whole lot from studies and research, I think that the opposite can also be true. I think they can learn a great deal from us as well.
There's some really brilliant minds in our community that could make a huge difference to the public if their eyes were open to it.

Jay Nera
09-28-17, 5:36 pm
There's some really brilliant minds in our community that could make a huge difference to the public if their eyes were open to it.

Indeed, there are so many studies and evidence out there that contradicts what hegemony there is in the health world today, which is often nased off of old studies and old evidence that has thus been proven incorrect. Just a sea of misinformation out there for us to try to swim through.