PDA

View Full Version : Post workout carb amounts

MRmichael.hooker
10-16-17, 4:57 pm
Is there such thing as "too many" carbs around your workout? Right now I'm on a decently lower carb/higher fat diet. Carbs are around 85g a day. Would there be an issue just having all 85g of carbs post workout? Is it smarter to split it in half with 45/45 pre/post? Only issue with that is some days I go straight to the gym, so I'd have like 25mins for them to digest before hitting the weights and I know that would mess up my workout for sure.

Rex
10-16-17, 6:16 pm
Is there such thing as "too many" carbs around your workout? Right now I'm on a decently lower carb/higher fat diet. Carbs are around 85g a day. Would there be an issue just having all 85g of carbs post workout? Is it smarter to split it in half with 45/45 pre/post? Only issue with that is some days I go straight to the gym, so I'd have like 25mins for them to digest before hitting the weights and I know that would mess up my workout for sure.

I have come to realize, after years of experimenting and trying all sorts of methods, how beneficial intra workout carbs and essential aminos are.
I´d suggest for you to do 35g intra (carb powder) and 50g post in form of a solid meal (rice, potato etc.).

MRmichael.hooker
10-16-17, 6:19 pm
I have come to realize, after years of experimenting and trying all sorts of methods, how beneficial intra workout carbs and essential aminos are.
I´d suggest for you to do 35g intra (carb powder) and 50g post in form of a solid meal (rice, potato etc.).

Ahhhh I didn’t even think about intra. Glad I asked. Would something simple & quick dissolving (Gatorade) be better/worse than something like Torrant? Honestly, thinking flavor wise because of the Storm I drink intra currently

Rex
10-16-17, 6:26 pm
Ahhhh I didn’t even think about intra. Glad I asked. Would something simple & quick dissolving (Gatorade) be better/worse than something like Torrant? Honestly, thinking flavor wise because of the Storm I drink intra currently

My pleasure. Happy to help.
If you want to make it super simple just go with something unflavored like Carbo Plus. Mixing Torrent and Storm might give you stomach discomfort because of all the Creatine in both products. You can also do Torrent by itself and save the Storm for another time. It won´t go bad any time soon.

LayzieBone085
10-16-17, 7:41 pm

too much of a black and white question here as there are some certain things to factor.

1) How do you train on P+F Meals? If not I would intake some pre because it will help fuel your training.
2) Do you get sleepy intaking carbs (relating to a pre-workout carb meal dose)? If so then just dose them all post-workout.
3) Do you utilize intra-workout carbs? With your carbs below 100g i personally would just have them all come from whole food + Veggies

I would personally split them 30-40g pre and 30-40g post, as veggies in other meals will account for some carbs throughout the days. I like to utilize rice, rice cakes, cream of rice as the digestion on them is super nice. Sometimes I will throw in potatoes pre-workout for the added potassium to help my training. I tend to void something like oatmeal pre-workout because in a lot of my clients the fiber can hold them back from feeling comfortable during training. It can sit heavy so I try to stay away.

Can you not eat a meal like 90-120 minutes prior to training?

MRmichael.hooker
10-16-17, 8:17 pm
Can you not eat a meal like 90-120 minutes prior to training?

I’ll answer the rest tomorrow when I’m at my computer, but for this one- no. Over the course of the 11 years or so I’ve been seriously training and eating and studying and etc, I’ve learned my body well enough that my pre workout meal needs to be 2 hours prior. Anything closer than that, I have a 50/50 shot of bad indigestion or feeing fine. That includes taking digestive enzymes and apple cider vinegar. Just always has been that way regardless of what kind of macros the pre workout meal has and regardless of keto, low carbs, high carbs, the source of the food, etc.. Typically I leave work at 5p and I’m at the gym at 530p. I’ll try my best to throw down a shake around 3pm and sometimes I’ll have oats already in that. It honestly just depends on what’s going at the office. Where the question stemmed from is the recent lowering of the carbs. I just want to get the most out of them that I can and have always been a believer of having them around the workout. So that’s why I was curious if the 85g would be fine post wo since it’s a small amount of carbs (small amount for most bodybuilders/lifters).

Like I said, I’ll hit up this post tomorrow at my desktop and answer the rest of your questions. Thanks for taking the time to reply

ChrisTuttle
10-17-17, 5:04 am

Oh for sure! In your case though it is different and I would personally do carbs pre and post if you are on that low of carbs per day. I currently follow the same protocol but 90g carbs per day for my cutting phase. 45 pre with meal 1 and 45g with post workout which end. The rest of the day is just proteins and fats.

Off season you can do something similar. 60g pre and post with 30g the following two meal. Then assess your tolerance, performance, and weight gain to add more or take away. Then last two meals of the day just proteins and fats.

I used to get some clients that would do 90g carbs pre, 100g intra, and 150g post. They all felt like shit and were super tired. Def a thing as too much but again most of it is dependent on other factors such as: duration of exercise, total cals per day, contest vs off season, fat intake, and of course body mass.

ChrisTuttle
10-17-17, 5:06 am

I will buy into that. I used to do something similar but now do only solid carbs pre and post during this cutting phase. EAAs + carbo plus intra is a great combo!

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-17, 7:53 am
too much of a black and white question here as there are some certain things to factor.

1) How do you train on P+F Meals? If not I would intake some pre because it will help fuel your training.
2) Do you get sleepy intaking carbs (relating to a pre-workout carb meal dose)? If so then just dose them all post-workout.
3) Do you utilize intra-workout carbs? With your carbs below 100g i personally would just have them all come from whole food + Veggies

I would personally split them 30-40g pre and 30-40g post, as veggies in other meals will account for some carbs throughout the days. I like to utilize rice, rice cakes, cream of rice as the digestion on them is super nice. Sometimes I will throw in potatoes pre-workout for the added potassium to help my training. I tend to void something like oatmeal pre-workout because in a lot of my clients the fiber can hold them back from feeling comfortable during training. It can sit heavy so I try to stay away.

1) I train completely fine regardless of keto, low carb, high carb, w/e. I've learned throughout the years of certain foods that help boost my performance and I've basically stuck within that group of protein/fat/carb choices and training is never an issue.

2) Sleep is typically 7-8 hours per night (depending on if the baby is cool and sleeps during the night or decides to wake up a lot lol)

3) Right now I do not utilize intra-workout carbs but am absolutely not apposed to it

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-17, 12:00 pm
Oh for sure! In your case though it is different and I would personally do carbs pre and post if you are on that low of carbs per day. I currently follow the same protocol but 90g carbs per day for my cutting phase. 45 pre with meal 1 and 45g with post workout which end. The rest of the day is just proteins and fats.

Off season you can do something similar. 60g pre and post with 30g the following two meal. Then assess your tolerance, performance, and weight gain to add more or take away. Then last two meals of the day just proteins and fats.

I used to get some clients that would do 90g carbs pre, 100g intra, and 150g post. They all felt like shit and were super tired. Def a thing as too much but again most of it is dependent on other factors such as: duration of exercise, total cals per day, contest vs off season, fat intake, and of course body mass.

Appreciate the response!

LayzieBone085
10-17-17, 7:00 pm

Exactly what I said in my first post... with carbs that low just eat whole foods. Once you start adding more to Hooker's Plan, then you can expand in the peri-workout period and then branch off into other meals as they continue to rise.

Agree 100%

If you can hooker eat something 2 hours prior with 30-45g of carbs and then follow post-workout with the rest.

ChrisTuttle
10-17-17, 7:00 pm
Appreciate the response!

No problem!

MRmichael.hooker
10-18-17, 7:53 am
Exactly what I said in my first post... with carbs that low just eat whole foods. Once you start adding more to Hooker's Plan, then you can expand in the peri-workout period and then branch off into other meals as they continue to rise.

Agree 100%

If you can hooker eat something 2 hours prior with 30-45g of carbs and then follow post-workout with the rest.

I can make that work. It'd be something like a shake w/ oats that I could drink in 5mins since I'll still be at work. Appreciate the responses. Since I'll be lower carb for a few weeks but not going into keto, just wanting to utilize the carbs I am getting to the best of their ability. Typically when carbs are higher (250-500), it's no issue. But at 85g, time is money

ChrisTuttle
10-18-17, 8:01 am

Agree 100%

Good minds think alike brother! You going to Arnold this year?

LayzieBone085
10-18-17, 7:05 pm
Good minds think alike brother! You going to Arnold this year?

Don't know ATM. Will have to see what my schedule is like
Right now I am nursing my grandmother who just got diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. So i can't dictate the future or her health.

ChrisTuttle
10-18-17, 10:36 pm
Don't know ATM. Will have to see what my schedule is like
Right now I am nursing my grandmother who just got diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. So i can't dictate the future or her health.

OH man! Sorry to hear that! I took care of my great uncles with pancreatic cancer. Not a good time.

LayzieBone085
10-19-17, 7:28 pm
OH man! Sorry to hear that! I took care of my great uncles with pancreatic cancer. Not a good time.

You just play the cards you are dealt you know? It is what it is. She is optimistic and just happy that she has a grandson by her side through it all. No biggie. I will try and get to CBUS.

I was there last weekend. Good time!

ChrisTuttle
10-19-17, 7:34 pm
You just play the cards you are dealt you know? It is what it is. She is optimistic and just happy that she has a grandson by her side through it all. No biggie. I will try and get to CBUS.

I was there last weekend. Good time!

Yeah that is right! Words to live by! My Old mas says that all the time. "stop worrying about what other hand someone has because it ain't yours."

Rex
10-24-17, 6:24 pm
Yeah that is right! Words to live by! My Old mas says that all the time. "stop worrying about what other hand someone has because it ain't yours."

Just today I heard something similar that stuck in my mind:

Control what you can. Cope with what you can´t. Concentrate on what counts.

ChrisTuttle
10-24-17, 7:07 pm
Just today I heard something similar that stuck in my mind:

Control what you can. Cope with what you can´t. Concentrate on what counts.

I like that a lot and it is 100% true! We cannot sit here and stress about what we cannot control. We have to accept it, adapt, internalize, but not let it change us for the worst.

Rex
10-25-17, 10:34 am
I like that a lot and it is 100% true! We cannot sit here and stress about what we cannot control. We have to accept it, adapt, internalize, but not let it change us for the worst.

I´m just starting to be mindful of this because I have caught myself being guilty of stressing out over minor shit.
It´s harder than I thought it would be.

ChrisTuttle
10-25-17, 1:02 pm
I´m just starting to be mindful of this because I have caught myself being guilty of stressing out over minor shit.

Oh it is SUPER hard! It is always a work in progress. If you can look back 3 years ago and laugh at what used bother you compared to present time, then you are winning. I am constantly improving and not allowing outside stress. pressure, and people, get to me. Almost like in constant happy state. That is where I want to be so badly. Strive for it. I think of it as a mental weakness thing. If someone gets to me they have power over me and I am letting them win. BOY am NOT going to allow ANYONE To have power over me ever. Got that from a Navy Seal actually. That outlook.

LayzieBone085
10-26-17, 7:59 pm

If you ask me. The minor stressing is the biggest downfall of the fitness community.
Should i have 40g of carbs or 50g of carbs post-workout?
Should I use malto or dextrose for a carb source peri workout?
Will I notice a difference if i use BCAA or EAA Intra-workout?
Should I have potatoes or rice post-workout?
Is 30 minutes of cardio too much?

This is a hobby where the answer unfortunately will be "It depends" everyone responds differently. But so many people spend so much time debating over the smallest things which make the most insignificant amount in the big picture. Just lift, eat, sleep, and repeat.

IronPreacher
10-27-17, 5:06 pm
If you ask me. The minor stressing is the biggest downfall of the fitness community.
Should i have 40g of carbs or 50g of carbs post-workout?
Should I use malto or dextrose for a carb source peri workout?
Will I notice a difference if i use BCAA or EAA Intra-workout?
Should I have potatoes or rice post-workout?
Is 30 minutes of cardio too much?

This is a hobby where the answer unfortunately will be "It depends" everyone responds differently. But so many people spend so much time debating over the smallest things which make the most insignificant amount in the big picture. Just lift, eat, sleep, and repeat.

Yes, our "problem" is that in this sport we tend to overanalyze EVERYTHING

ChrisTuttle
10-27-17, 5:48 pm
Yes, our "problem" is that in this sport we tend to overanalyze EVERYTHING

They sure do!

IronPreacher
10-27-17, 6:27 pm
They sure do!

did you ever got cought up in that?

IronPreacher
10-27-17, 6:30 pm
regarding post workout carb intake...recently watched old doc. where jay said that he aimed for 250-300 g post workout carbs
but, there is only one jay

LayzieBone085
10-27-17, 7:42 pm
regarding post workout carb intake...recently watched old doc. where jay said that he aimed for 250-300 g post workout carbs
but, there is only one jay

I would only use that amount if you used some other "Supplements"
That is just me though. Most trainees can't handle 250-300g in a single sitting unless they are taking a few things to help assist that amount. Nor would be it great for your insulin sensitivity in the long run.

IronPreacher
10-27-17, 8:23 pm
That is just me though. Most trainees can't handle 250-300g in a single sitting unless they are taking a few things to help assist that amount. Nor would be it great for your insulin sensitivity in the long run.

OFC
maybe but, just maybe if you are a hardcore hardgainer to try it out every 5-7 training session, to speed up your metabolism and "trick" the body

IronPreacher
10-28-17, 4:12 am

https://youtu.be/SoJ39uAHx0M

this is the video i referred to...33.20 min

ChrisTuttle
10-28-17, 4:49 am
did you ever got cought up in that?

I have been bodybuilding for 13 years. I would say the first 2 years I did but quickly realized it is MUCH simpler than that. Again I am very logical person so I never got too crazy with over analyzing. I spent some big bucks with coach who taught me a lot fast.

ChrisTuttle
10-28-17, 4:50 am

I would feel like a huge pc of shit if I ate that many carbs in a sitting. LOL

IronPreacher
10-28-17, 10:06 am
I have been bodybuilding for 13 years. I would say the first 2 years I did but quickly realized it is MUCH simpler than that. Again I am very logical person so I never got too crazy with over analyzing. I spent some big bucks with coach who taught me a lot fast.

knowledge + logic = winning combination

Aceto?

ChrisTuttle
10-28-17, 7:37 pm
knowledge + logic = winning combination

Aceto?

My first coach for my first show was 2005 and was my Sister's X boyfriend. Learned everything NOT TO DO HAHHH (placed 5th out of 5 as a middle weight)
2nd year I read A TON and did my own prep. Ending up coming back as a light heavy weight and placed 2nd in Open and 1st in novice and overall. Another show 1 week later 2nd in open again (LEARNED A TON / esp mental aspect)
3rd year did my own prep again. First show Open 2nd light heavy weight again and another show 3 weeks later and got SMOKED. Placed 15th. At this point I hired Fakhri back (came back 6 months later and won 1st place heavy weight with good condition + 13 lbs stage weight
4th year Jr national show. 11 lbs heavier again and placed 7th
5th,6th year DID NOT compete due to school and a relationship that was toxic.
7th year Did my own prep for two shows and won both heavy and overall
8th year Asked Fakhri to help me placed 5th light heavy North Americans and 3 months later win light heavy weight at nationals getting my pro card
9th year took off due to career and work
10th Ny pro 5th place had hired Aceto. Easiest prep by far. Aceto is the man. So laid back. No gimmicks, tricks, or special protocols. Just constant changes in nutrition. Same year did Europa again with Aceto and did not do well due to Ulcerative colitis flare up and could not carb up almost at all. Looked horrible
11th year OFF due to knee injury and UC issues
12 year UC under control and still battling knee injury. Currently prepped myself for photo shoot for Universal next week.

Prep to me is easy mentally. I actually deeply enjoy it.

LayzieBone085
10-28-17, 7:37 pm
OFC
maybe but, just maybe if you are a hardcore hardgainer to try it out every 5-7 training session, to speed up your metabolism and "trick" the body

If you are a hard gainer.. There is no such thing. The reason people are labeled hard gainers is
1) They fail to eat caloric dense foods
2) they don't track their intake properly
eating 250-300g of carbs in a sitting just doesn't make logical sense unless your having a cheat meal which should not be a daily occurrence.

IronPreacher
10-28-17, 8:22 pm
If you are a hard gainer.. There is no such thing. The reason people are labeled hard gainers is
1) They fail to eat caloric dense foods
2) they don't track their intake properly
eating 250-300g of carbs in a sitting just doesn't make logical sense unless your having a cheat meal which should not be a daily occurrence.

good point about hard gainers

yes i've said that so much food can maybe be used as a tool but just occasionally / when there is a need for it

IronPreacher
10-28-17, 8:31 pm
My first coach for my first show was 2005 and was my Sister's X boyfriend. Learned everything NOT TO DO HAHHH (placed 5th out of 5 as a middle weight)
2nd year I read A TON and did my own prep. Ending up coming back as a light heavy weight and placed 2nd in Open and 1st in novice and overall. Another show 1 week later 2nd in open again (LEARNED A TON / esp mental aspect)
3rd year did my own prep again. First show Open 2nd light heavy weight again and another show 3 weeks later and got SMOKED. Placed 15th. At this point I hired Fakhri back (came back 6 months later and won 1st place heavy weight with good condition + 13 lbs stage weight
4th year Jr national show. 11 lbs heavier again and placed 7th
5th,6th year DID NOT compete due to school and a relationship that was toxic.
7th year Did my own prep for two shows and won both heavy and overall
8th year Asked Fakhri to help me placed 5th light heavy North Americans and 3 months later win light heavy weight at nationals getting my pro card
9th year took off due to career and work
10th Ny pro 5th place had hired Aceto. Easiest prep by far. Aceto is the man. So laid back. No gimmicks, tricks, or special protocols. Just constant changes in nutrition. Same year did Europa again with Aceto and did not do well due to Ulcerative colitis flare up and could not carb up almost at all. Looked horrible
11th year OFF due to knee injury and UC issues
12 year UC under control and still battling knee injury. Currently prepped myself for photo shoot for Universal next week.

Prep to me is easy mentally. I actually deeply enjoy it.

and which year, by your own opinion, you looked the best? If you were compete now would you hire a coach or do it yourself?

yeah i also like aceto's simplicity in nutrition and protocols + he's funny

ChrisTuttle
10-29-17, 4:48 am
and which year, by your own opinion, you looked the best? If you were compete now would you hire a coach or do it yourself?

yeah i also like aceto's simplicity in nutrition and protocols + he's funny

Best condition was North Americans
Best OVERALL look Ny pro
I would DEF do my own prep next time without question. Ask one of my close friends for a 2nd eye towards the end if I get narcotic. I tend to over diet.

I truly love that guy! Super funny! His type of humor is so rare today.

IronPreacher
10-29-17, 7:54 am
Best condition was North Americans
Best OVERALL look Ny pro
I would DEF do my own prep next time without question. Ask one of my close friends for a 2nd eye towards the end if I get narcotic. I tend to over diet.

I truly love that guy! Super funny! His type of humor is so rare today.

yes 2nd eye is sometimes necessary bc it's so easy to push yourself over the edge and ruin your physique with over dieting and ,especially, cardio...sometimes less is more - even coaches need coach :D

you probably don't hve time to listen, but his and palumbo's discussions and insights on RX Heavy muscle are pure gold

ChrisTuttle
10-29-17, 1:14 pm
yes 2nd eye is sometimes necessary bc it's so easy to push yourself over the edge and ruin your physique with over dieting and ,especially, cardio...sometimes less is more - even coaches need coach :D

you probably don't hve time to listen, but his and palumbo's discussions and insights on RX Heavy muscle are pure gold

100% agree! Unless you have the true ability to see things TOTALLY objectively which MOST cannot then it will work. I send myself check ins HAHAH

IronPreacher
10-29-17, 1:45 pm
100% agree! Unless you have the true ability to see things TOTALLY objectively which MOST cannot then it will work. I send myself check ins HAHAH

haha weekly or daily chek ins? :D you're now your own client - the circle is closed- There is no further than that

what is the most amount of carbs you consumed PWO?

ChrisTuttle
10-30-17, 4:39 am
haha weekly or daily chek ins? :D you're now your own client - the circle is closed- There is no further than that

what is the most amount of carbs you consumed PWO?

Yeah man! I want to look at everything subjectively on paper. Sometimes when you prep yourself you look at yourself too much and start to question leanness, flatness, ect... and then make irrational decisions.

Amount of carbs NOW in prep for this shoot? Currently 45 pre and 45 post.

IronPreacher
10-30-17, 5:19 am
Yeah man! I want to look at everything subjectively on paper. Sometimes when you prep yourself you look at yourself too much and start to question leanness, flatness, ect... and then make irrational decisions.

Amount of carbs NOW in prep for this shoot? Currently 45 pre and 45 post.

irrational decisions - especially at the last few weeks of it. One days you sleep less, holding a little bit of water in the mornig, lines are blurry and you panic
it's the mind game

energy levels? and in the full blown off season when you were trying to grow?

ChrisTuttle
10-30-17, 5:50 am
irrational decisions - especially at the last few weeks of it. One days you sleep less, holding a little bit of water in the mornig, lines are blurry and you panic
it's the mind game

energy levels? and in the full blown off season when you were trying to grow?

Yup just have to take it all in and act rationally.

Energy levels are fine.

Off season around 75g pre and post and the rest of the meals 30g carbs. I do higher fats. Carbs actually make people sluggish and I have grown to hate a higher carb diet. You lower carb intake and increase fat intake you will feel TON more energy. It is all those rises and dips in blood sugar that cause varying amounts of energy during the day not to mention that midday sleepy spells people get.

IronPreacher
10-30-17, 9:35 am
Yup just have to take it all in and act rationally.

Energy levels are fine.

Off season around 75g pre and post and the rest of the meals 30g carbs. I do higher fats. Carbs actually make people sluggish and I have grown to hate a higher carb diet. You lower carb intake and increase fat intake you will feel TON more energy. It is all those rises and dips in blood sugar that cause varying amounts of energy during the day not to mention that midday sleepy spells people get.

yes i know that midday sleepy feeling...coffee afternoon is a must

i always wondered , what parameterse you look to determine if someone is better/worse at tolerating carbs and if he has a fast metabolism

ChrisTuttle
10-30-17, 5:25 pm
yes i know that midday sleepy feeling...coffee afternoon is a must

i always wondered , what parameterse you look to determine if someone is better/worse at tolerating carbs and if he has a fast metabolism

Things to determine fast metabolism is generally having a hard time gaining weight and fat. I have a few clients that could eat 600 carbs per day with 200g of fat and not gain a thing of body weight. Generally the true "hard gainer."

IronPreacher
10-30-17, 6:18 pm
Things to determine fast metabolism is generally having a hard time gaining weight and fat. I have a few clients that could eat 600 carbs per day with 200g of fat and not gain a thing of body weight. Generally the true "hard gainer."

is it easier to set up a diet for that kind of a person or not?

As I see it...fast/er metabolism and bodybuilding is a win win situation , you just must set up your nutrition right

ChrisTuttle
10-30-17, 6:56 pm

As I see it...fast/er metabolism and bodybuilding is a win win situation , you just must set up your nutrition right

Not really. Faster digestion is, not faster metabolism.

Super easy to do.

LayzieBone085
10-30-17, 7:29 pm

A diet is simply that.. A Diet
the hardest part is understanding the correct portions and macronutrients that suit your energy, performance, and recovery.
Some people get tired off lots of carbs, so try doing a higher fat diet with keeping carbs just in the peri-workout period.
Some people bloat off higher fats, so try a lower fat higher carb diet.

The best piece of advice I can give to you is run something you think may work. Run it for 8 weeks, take notes, and then adjust
How do you look in the mirror?
What is the scale show?
How is your digestion? Are you bloated or is the food digesting properly?
HOw is your sleep?
How is your strength , performance, and endurance? Are you getting a pump when training?

If any of these things are off, then this is where you have to fine tune those small parameters to find what works best for you.

What people don't realize is bodybuilding isnt black and white. If it was we would all eat the same amount of meals, the same food sources, train the same way, do the same cardio protocol.

But guess what? It isn't that easy, everyone is different, and our bodies are constantly changing. We are ALWAYS Learning.

IronPreacher
10-31-17, 3:57 am
A diet is simply that.. A Diet
the hardest part is understanding the correct portions and macronutrients that suit your energy, performance, and recovery.
Some people get tired off lots of carbs, so try doing a higher fat diet with keeping carbs just in the peri-workout period.
Some people bloat off higher fats, so try a lower fat higher carb diet.

The best piece of advice I can give to you is run something you think may work. Run it for 8 weeks, take notes, and then adjust
How do you look in the mirror?
What is the scale show?
How is your digestion? Are you bloated or is the food digesting properly?
HOw is your sleep?
How is your strength , performance, and endurance? Are you getting a pump when training?

If any of these things are off, then this is where you have to fine tune those small parameters to find what works best for you.

What people don't realize is bodybuilding isnt black and white. If it was we would all eat the same amount of meals, the same food sources, train the same way, do the same cardio protocol.

But guess what? It isn't that easy, everyone is different, and our bodies are constantly changing. We are ALWAYS Learning.

great point! that is why there are so many sucers for "cookie cutter diets". People just take diet from some XY and follow it like a Bible , they never think for themselve to reassess plan over certain period of time. Written diet is just a starting point