PDA

View Full Version : Anything to fight gas?

Lightnin'
12-08-17, 1:52 pm
Lol, so is anyone taking like GasX or anything for supplement related gas? I've bumped up my supplementation and the gas has increased. I don't think it's creatine. I'm only around 4-5 grams a day. Thanks

Rex
12-08-17, 2:40 pm
Lol, so is anyone taking like GasX or anything for supplement related gas? I've bumped up my supplementation and the gas has increased. I don't think it's creatine. I'm only around 4-5 grams a day. Thanks

This is a sign that your your body isn´t digesting something you are ingesting properly.
With that comes malabsorption of nutrients, inflammation and so on...
Instead of taking a drug to suppress your body´s way of telling you "hey, we have a problem here!", you should figure out what´s causing the issue and eliminate it.

Lightnin'
12-08-17, 3:53 pm
This is a sign that your body isn´t digesting something you are ingesting properly.
Instead of taking a drug to suppress your body´s way of telling you "hey, we have a problem here!", you should figure out what´s causing the issue and eliminate it.

The only thing that has changed is that I ate a salad last night at a restaurant. I've eaten the same diet for over 30 days in a row. Nearly identical. Just bumped up supps lightly.

ThatGuy
12-09-17, 3:31 am
Chris helped me a lot with this. First, avoid Broccoli. That alone already made a lot of difference for me.

I think we all are a fan of 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 8oz water. Do that 1-2 times a day.

For me, i chug it in the evening 30 minutes before bed and thats the only serving for me.

I put Psyllium Husk in the mix as well.

Rex
12-09-17, 10:33 am
The only thing that has changed is that I ate a salad last night at a restaurant. I've eaten the same diet for over 30 days in a row. Nearly identical. Just bumped up supps lightly.

1. What supplements have you increased?

2. Did you have any problems like this before the change?

3. Eating the same few foods over a long period of time can lead to digestive problems in some people as well.

Rex
12-09-17, 10:34 am
Chris helped me a lot with this. First, avoid Broccoli. That alone already made a lot of difference for me.

I think we all are a fan of 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 8oz water. Do that 1-2 times a day.

For me, i chug it in the evening 30 minutes before bed and thats the only serving for me.

I´m a huge fan of apple cider vinegar!
I do one swig before every meal I eat.

I also do 10gr of psyllium husk powder 30 minutes before my last meal of the day.

Enforcer
12-09-17, 11:39 pm

I have found taking digestive enzymes before each meal has helped with digestion and any gas related problems

Cellardweller
12-10-17, 9:42 pm
I also do 10gr of psyllium husk powder 30 minutes before my last meal of the day.

I do this too but usually in my morning shake. I like your idea as it would slow digestion for the night.

Rex
12-12-17, 10:13 am
I do this too but usually in my morning shake. I like your idea as it would slow digestion for the night.

That´s exactly my thinking process.
If I do the fiber in the morning I have a way harder time eating all my food during the day.

Rex
12-12-17, 10:14 am
I have found taking digestive enzymes before each meal has helped with digestion and any gas related problems

I´ve never tried digestive enzymes ever. I never felt the need to.
Maybe I should look into this. Could make my life easier.

spartan300
12-14-17, 10:20 am
Lots of the healthy shit we eat causes gas, Beano works pretty well and is relatively safe unless you're a diabetic check with your doc if you need confirmation. As we age these issues become problematic. Now go eat your broccoli!

Lightnin'
12-20-17, 11:32 am

I just bought a big bottle. I will try the Apple Cider Vinegar 1-2 times daily and see if that helps. I also had some gummy fiber supps that I stopped taking. That seems to have helped. Thanks for all the replies.

Derek Lunsford
12-20-17, 1:08 pm
This is a sign that your your body isn´t digesting something you are ingesting properly.

This right here.

Derek Lunsford
12-20-17, 1:15 pm

I take digestive enzymes and probiotics daily, and lansoprazole as indigestion becomes worse. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to eliminate the issue. I would first try to narrow down the problem and address it at the core (food and supps). When I do big refeed meals or a heavy cheat meal, my acid reflex is horrific. It can be so bad that I throw up in my sleep. So then I start taking lansoprazole for a couple months. It takes awhile for it to work, but it does.

ChrisTuttle
12-21-17, 7:32 pm

You have to find out what is causing the gas.

List all veges, starches, and spices you are using and what time of day is the gas worse?

Aggression
12-26-17, 5:54 pm
Broccoli ruins me.

ChrisTuttle
12-27-17, 5:24 pm
Broccoli ruins me.uEHK1ns

Oh most it does. These are the MOST common causes of gas in my clients.

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Brussel sprouts
Garlic (spices or fresh)
Onion (spices or fresh)
Whole oats in excess
Excessive sugar free gum consumption
Poor quality denatured whey protein

Rex
01-05-18, 10:43 am
uEHK1ns

Oh most it does. These are the MOST common causes of gas in my clients.

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Brussel sprouts
Garlic (spices or fresh)
Onion (spices or fresh)
Whole oats in excess
Excessive sugar free gum consumption
Poor quality denatured whey protein

I have to add red peppers to that list and everything made of milk.