PDA

View Full Version : Zen Buddhism: the Middle Way as a path to becoming superhuman.

Aengus
01-13-18, 3:13 pm
“If you can control your mind, you can control Your motherfuckin’ muscles. Command them motherfucker’s to grow!” – CT Fletcher

“I exist to show people what’s possible.” - Terry Crews

Like drops of dew sliding down a blade of grass, the dumbbells fall smoothly, almost gently.

There is patience in the way the set proceeds. It is not too fast, not too slow, arms shaking under the weight but steady on their path. It is the incline dumbbell press of someone who has practiced the movement thousands of times. It is the incline dumbbell press of someone who is barely able to lift the weight.

Mastery and Will are all that makes the weight rise.

After a dozen years of regularly lifting heavy shit for fun and glory, where does this motivation come from?
After a dozen years of trying to reconcile my passion with my peaceful nature, where does this intensity come from?
After a lifetime of wanting to be a superhero, where do I find the will to keep trying; to keep failing?

I am a Zen Buddhist of the Soto sect.

I am not a monk, not an expert, not a Zen master. I am just a dude who realized some truths that have made the path to physical and mental greatness simple.

The Middle Way is not about peace. It is not easy; it is terribly difficult. But when I embraced that difficulty, the path to becoming a superhero unfurled.

When I looked down that path, when I realized what I had to do, it scared the shit out of me. Each superpower has a cost -- this *is* the Middle Way after all -- and the cost was so breathtakingly vast I almost chickened out.

Almost.

But my mom didn’t raise a coward.

Let's get started.

Weight: 148lbs
Height: 5'6"

Chest Workout

Incline Dumbell Press: 20x20 30x15 40x12 50x8 60x6 60x6 60x6
Landmine Press, single arm: 25x12 25x12 45x5 45x5 45x5
Landmine Press, both arms: 70x10 70x10 70x10
Machine Flies: 140x12 160x10 180x8 180x8
Weighted Push-Ups: 25x20 25x20 25x15 25x15 25x15 25x15
15 unweighted Pushups x 2 mins Jump Rope: 10 rounds

Aengus
01-14-18, 2:39 pm
The chains pinch my neck, one looped like an iron scarf around my neck, the other draped like a stole.
I count reps as I ebb and flow; an iron-chained lotus blossom bobbing in a steady wind.
Pull-ups are never comfortable, but I work though the movement until my rear delts fail and the bone-deep ache in my left bicep lets me know it is time to move to lower volume, heavier things.
Behind each rep lie the ghosts of thousands just like it, making the pain peaceful and familiar; an enemy so old it's become a friend.

The first lesson I encountered down the path of the Middle Way was common enough wisdom: everything changes.
But the depth and breadth of this are impossible to grasp without realizing that everything means EVERYTHING. All things will die and disappear. Everything we love is the last leaf that falls in late autumn, doomed to disappear beneath the cruelty of ice and snow and darkness.

All things, temporary and fleeting.

The Superpower: All pain and suffering is temporary.

I realized this most clearly when I was doing a push-up workout when gym access wasn't a thing in my life.

As I reached the 760th pushup in an hour, I focused on pain as a transient state. I knew that as long as I was careful to avoid injury, I wouldn’t care a single fucking bit about this pain. It would all wash away under the accomplishment of my goal.

I was using small stones from the desert landscape as counters. Each stone represented 20 pushups. As I placed the final stone on the pile to join its hard-earned friends, I realized something profound.

When I sweep this small, insignificant pile of stones back on to the sand, they will disappear back in to the world -- their meaning and my work returned to utter anonymity. This was fine with me. The value came from the process, not the stones.

At that moment, the insight expanded to include the entire universe. It became clear in that moment that ALL things only have the meaning we give them; they are just formless and meaningless until we give them value.
This includes pain, suffering, sadness, grief. All bad things.

From that moment, I knew that as long as I avoided injury and wasn’t self destructive, I could endure almost anything in pursuit of my goals.

But at what cost?

Back Workout:

Pull-up (Chains weigh ~22lbs): 10, 10, 10, 10, 1 chain x 6, 1 chain x6 , 1 chain x 6, 2 chain x 6 , 2 chain x 6, Drop Set [2 chain x 5, 1 chain x 5, 5] x 3
Chin-up: Drop Set [2 chain x 5, 1 chain x 5, 5] x 4
Seated One-Arm Hammer Strength Rows: 12x90 , 10x135 , 8x160, 6x180, 3x205, 3x205, 3x205
Weighted push-ups: 25x10, 25x10, 25x10, 25x10, 25x10, 25x10
Inverted Rows (on pull-up bar, no foot support): 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
Bicep Rope Curls: 65x10, 65x10, 65x10, 65x10

Aengus
01-15-18, 5:54 pm
I observe the thought 'I hate squats' as it drifts past; angry and filled with self-pity.
'After years of endurance work, retraining muscles for explosive power is tedious and slow.'
'My knees and hips are just not great at squats, despite my modest height.'
'This should be easier by now; I can do 720lbs on the leg press.'
My mind reflects these thoughts -- like a still pond reflects the moon -- as I focus on getting my knees out of the way, hinging at the waist, sitting back.
At the bottom of each rep, so far past parallel that I am almost sitting on my heels, I wait for the gentle touch of the bar on the safeties.
I pause and the whole universe waits, still and expectant.
In my mind, I am the breeze that softly ruffles the endless grassy plains before a great storm; wheat and wind shuddering in the presages of violence.

The Cost: All happiness and joy is temporary.

The Middle Way, for me, is not about peace. It isn’t even really about balance.

To me, it means understanding that I must minimize the distance between what is real and what I want to be real.
I struggle to remember that to expect nothing but joy and happiness in life is ridiculous. Life is breathing: in order to inhale we must first exhale.

The cost of putting pain and discomfort in to universal perspective is this permanent knowledge that all castles are dust.

All love is lost, and all order is entropy.

The next step on the path of the Middle Way is figuring out how to live, once I know that I can never achieve the happiness we have all been striving for.
No longer can I believe in the joy we were promised when we had finally done all the right things and found all the right people and bought exactly the right car or house or gadget.

What do I do, now that I can never be at peace?

Leg workout:
A2G Low-bar squats: bar x 20 , bar x 20, 95 x 12, 95 x 12 , 135 x 6, 135 x 6 , 135 x 6 , 155 x 5, 155x5, 155x5
Deadlift: 135x10, 135x10, 185x6, 225x3, 225x3, 285x3, 285x3, 285x1
Walking lunges: 1 chain x 10 minutes, 1 chain x 10 mins
Jump Rope: 3 mins x 5 rounds

Aengus
01-16-18, 5:14 pm
"To live as a Buddhist is to die a small creature, moment to moment."

Arms shaking, breathing like a dying fish, I fall to the astroturf and lay still.
A few deep breaths and a couple seconds of recovery and I finish the set of 10 pushups.
Exactly as day passes into night and summer into winter, today's journey is from strength to weakness; pride to humility.

How can I live if I cannot be at peace? If I can never achieve lasting happiness?

This is the wrong question asked incorrectly.

Over years of working with the problem, I realized that all of my definitions of happiness and peace were complete misunderstandings of how reality actually works.

When we are born, we are drowning in a sea of emotions and thoughts. As we get older, we learn to swim to the surface and start to be able to see where the waves begin and end. We also learn to avoid being completely battered and tossed by them. Everybody attains a different level of distance and control as they mature, and some folks get very good at understanding that that sea is not actually who they are; just a small part of their Self.

The Middle Way requires much more than simply being a good swimmer.

Zen mastery asks us to swim to the shore and stay there as long as possible, even with all the gravity in the universe drawing us back in. This is a constant, impossible struggle. I will never be permanently and comfortably seated on the shore, but I must forever swim to it and cling to it until I am inevitably dragged to sea.

With more distance from my emotions, more often, I began to see the error in my thinking of 'good' and 'bad' outcomes in my life.

With happiness and sadness blurred in my mind, I sought for meaning as I continued down the path.

Chest Workout:

Unweighted pushups: 100 (in sets of 20)
Weighted pushups: 25x400 (in sets of 10)

Aengus
01-18-18, 12:02 pm
Even more awkward than heavy — and it is fucking heavy — the 7 10lb plates shift on the dip belt, scraping my knees and fighting to knock my grip loose.
1...2...3, drop a plate, 1...2...3, drop.
A flower shedding petals, I slowly become lighter, free of ornamentation ; even as my stamina wanes and my grip fails.
As always, the journey is from pride to humility, a microcosm of life’s arc.

A common misunderstanding of Buddhist thought is that “life is suffering”.

I think of it more like this: human beings simply cannot stop wanting reality to be different than it is, so they will always be displeased with reality. This is sort of like suffering, but instead of being something that happens to us, suffering is something we are doing to ourselves.

Overcoming self-inflicted suffering is the defining struggle of Zen mastery.

So first I tackle the nature of ‘bad’ things.

Is this pain ‘bad’ or ‘good’?

Once again, a question wrongly asked.

Everything in my life, every experience or emotion, only has the value I ascribe to it. When I relish pain as an integral part of achieving my goals, it becomes the most wonderful part of my day. A clear and tangible sign of progress.

This is the truth about suffering: I suffer when I focus on what I wish was true, rather than complete acceptance of reality.

There absolutely is Evil in the world, but my physical discomfort or shitty life circumstances are utterly unrelated to ‘bad’ or ‘good’. Those are simply interpretations I have placed on arbitrary events.

Once grasped, I sought ways to use this new way of thinking about experience to achieve excellence.

Back Workout (1/17/2018, 5:15am-6:30am):

Pull-up (weighted): 10,10,10 , 10x10 , 10x10, 10x10, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 45x5, 45x5, 45x5
Chin-up (weighted): 45x6, 45x6, 45x6, drop set [70x3, 60x3, 50x3, 40x3, 30x3, 20x3, 10x3, BW to failure] x 2
Calf Raises (on leg press): 90x20, 180x20, 270x20, 360x10, 360x10, 360x10
Bicep rope curls: 65x10, 65x10, 65x10
Seated tricep rope extensions, single arm: 45x10, 45x10, 45x10, 45x10
Jump rope: 3minx5 rounds

Aengus
01-19-18, 11:54 am
A little over 5x my body-weight slides up slowly, painfully, to the top of the leg press.
I don't really think about the weight; that's terrifying.
I focus on the number of plates instead.
I am a sapling growing between two massive boulders: inexorably and patiently moving the immovable.

When Hell comes to find me this time, I am much better equipped but not prepared. I have spent many years trying to clearly see what is real, and what I am projecting on to the world. I have lazily sunned myself on the shore of my emotional sea, and the weather has been calm.

No longer.

The sea roiled, tsunamis of rage and fear tore the shore itself away. Even after years of practice, I was overwhelmed; drowning in emotions so vast, so monstrous, that they consumed the horizon.
I swam ashore dozens of times, ragged and half-drowned, until finally I found something solid.

"I am doing this to myself."

The thought parts water, forces air into my lungs, restores the shore, calms the sea.

The universe has callously destroyed the plans I had for myself my entire life, tearing my dreams from me. But does that really matter?
What are plans but projections of will and order on to the fierce chaos of a vast and infinite universe? I step back from the part of myself that is a churning tangle of self-pity and anger, and I am free.

At least for now.

At this moment, when I am calm and open in the midst of the worst moments of my life, I realize the power of Right Thinking.

The Superpower: When you stop projecting good and bad on to your experiences, you no longer suffer.

Waking up at 04:30 isn’t bad or good, it just is. But if I grumble about the cold, the rain, my lack of sleep, or any other meaningless bullshit, I will hate this process.

But I don’t. Discipline is freedom. Discipline creates momentum.

I don’t think I am missing out because I don’t have cheat meals. I don’t lament the loss of booze, bread, and sloth.
I am completely fine being sore, tired, and abnormal because it doesn’t matter. None of those things actually mean anything unless I force them to.

When I stay focused on Right Thinking I am not numb, I am awake and emotionally aware, but suffering has vanished.

Unfortunately, other things are lost too.

Leg Workout:

Leg press: 0x30, 90x20, 180x15, 270x15, 360x12, 450x10, 540x6, 630x5, 720x2, 720x2, 770x1, 770x0 (failed attempt)
Hack Squat: 90x10, 180x6, 180x6, 230x3, 230x3, 270x0 (failed attempt)
Walking Lunges (about 5 mins per round): chain relay (2 chains for one lap, one chain, two chains, one chain, body weight ) x 3

Aengus
01-20-18, 2:18 pm
The simple progression of weights seems inefficient to an observer.
So many wasted sets of warm-ups and suboptimal weights.
But I know the truth.
I will use whatever tricks it takes for my mind to accept that a weight can be lifted, because most people stop at a mere fraction of their full capacity.
I am a giant ocean wave, bobbing the weights up and down; my rising and cresting gentle but inevitable.

I realized the cost of right thinking when I went to Boston.

While interviewing for a few jobs in Cambridge, I decided to go see Harvard and MIT. I had long valued and venerated the pursuit of knowledge, so I greatly anticipated basking in the reflected glow of their prestige.
When I toured the campuses, however, I was overwhelmed with indifference. I simply couldn't project all the hype of those institutions on to the grim and uninspired architecture. Even the exceptionally beautiful buildings were just buildings; nothing special.

At that moment I realized that I was increasingly less able to see the augmented reality we usually project onto things to make them extraordinary. I was no longer able to easily delude myself, which left me with a reality that was better than I had thought, but never as good as it has once been.

The Cost: When you stop projecting good and bad on to your experiences, most things become nothing special.

Over time, the amount of weight I was lifting stopped mattering. All that I really cared about was progress toward my goal. A great deadlift was just a stepping stone, not the goal in and of itself. Things that used to matter greatly, like pushing my bench as high as possible, simply stopped being important.

Most of my hobbies dissolved in apathy. Great chunks of my life sloughed off. Almost nothing was important or special.

If nothing has special meaning, and nothing is really inherently meaningful, how do we find our passion? How do we live a good life?

Down the path I saw a glimmer of hope, but I had no idea how expensive that hope would be.

Chest Workout (1/19/2017 5:30am-6:15am):
Dumbbell Incline Press (lbs per dumbbell): 20x20, 30x20, 40x15, 45x10, 50x6, 60x6, 65x5, 65x5, 65x5
Weighted Dips: 1 chain x 8, 1 chain x 8, 2 chain x5, 2 chain x 5, drop set [2 chain x 4, 1 chain x 4, BW to failure] x 2
Weighted Push-ups: 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10

Aengus
01-21-18, 5:29 pm
I don’t remember if I marked down the last set or not.
It’s very hard to think about anything after an hour of pull-ups, but that’s expected.
What I didn’t anticipate is that my legs would hurt after getting up and down off the three foot platform so many times with a 25lb weight hanging off my waist.
No matter; my body has stubbornly refused to remember this pain for long.
What care does a mountain have for blizzards?

When I make the shift from an emotional roller coaster where I am constantly avoiding uncomfortable things and chasing happiness, there is a serious adjustment to be made in how I live my life.

Gone are the days where I would arrange my schedule around things I enjoyed doing: scrupulously calendaring breaks, rest days, cheat meals, and time to relax while avoiding many things I really wanted to do because they would require sacrificing those things.
Now I knew the truth that discomfort will always exist, no matter what I do or achieve.

If I am going to be uncomfortable anyway, I decided to embrace it and even come to enjoy it when necessary when achieving my goals.

But what should those be?

What is the meaning of life in the newer world, with its lack of magic and hype and blind hope?

What the hell am I supposed to do, now that self-delusion isn't automatic?

I started to think about the nature of Good and Evil as absolutes in the universe.

Even when I was most successful at eliminating my own self-inflicted suffering, there was still most certainly Evil things and Good things in the world.

Good and Evil may not be anything like I had once perceived them. They were certainly not some Great Passivity; where the universe just did stuff to me. Good was an action, and Evil was an action. And none of those things seemed to exist outside of actions consciously taken by humans.

A dog can’t possibly be Evil, because -- for me at least -- Evil requires sentience.
A storm can’t be Evil.
Nature can’t be Evil.

Then it dawned on me:

Only Humans can do Evil, and Evil doesn’t just exist somewhere waiting to be done. If we don’t do Evil things, they won’t happen.

Other people may believe other things, but I still can’t think of any instance where Evil can be actually enacted by anything other than another human being. I began to believe this in the very center of my being.

And then the Oh Shit moment happened.

Back Workout:
Pull-up: Bodyweight x 100 (sets of 10)
Weighted Pull-up: 25 x 100 (sets of 5)
Weighted Parallel grip Pull-up: 25 x 100
Weighted Push-Up: 25 x 10, 25 x 10, 25 x 10, 25 x 10, 25 x 10

Aengus
01-22-18, 11:15 am
This is what constitutes a day off.
I grind out 100 light squats, concentrating on form and breath.
Then jump rope until I feel like being done.
Even mountains must be formed.

Once upon a time the legendary swordsman Miyamoto Musashi was practicing zazen beside a stream with his life-long friend and mentor, Zen Master Takuan Soho.

Suddenly, he became aware of another presence nearby. From the corner of his eye, he saw a deadly viper slithering into the clearing toward Takuan.

Knowing that the slightest movement might frighten the venomous snake into attacking his friend, Musashi kept watching the serpent in utter stillness. When Takuan himself became aware of the snake's presence, a faint smile appeared on his face. The snake came toward him, and peacefully crawled across his thighs.

The serpent continued on its course toward Musashi. Several feet away, sensing Musashi's presence, he recoiled, preparing to attack, but suddenly scurried away into the bushes. Musashi had not moved. His fierce spirit undisturbed by the threat of the viper was so palpable that the snake had speedily moved away in fright.

Most men would be proud to possess such an intimidating aura, but Musashi felt only shame as he suddenly understood his own greatest shortcoming.

"What troubles you?" asked Takuan.

"All my life, I have trained myself to develop such skill that no man would ever dare attack me. Now that I have reached my goal, all sentient beings instinctively fear me. You saw how the snake fled from me!"

"I saw it", the priest said. "Since it dared not attack you, you defeated it without striking a blow, and because of that, both the snake and you are alive now. Why does that sadden you?"

"Because I am so strong that no one can ever grow close to me. I can never have true peace." Musashi pointed a finger at the priest. "Not like you", he said with admiration. "You did not fear the snake, nor did the snake fear you. Your spirit is so calm, so natural, that the snake treated you no differently than the rocks, the trees, or the wind. People accept you that way, too."

In some tellings of this story, Musashi actually kills the snake simply with a glare.

The truth and the telling are unimportant, but the lesson is central. The Zen master solved the problem directly — if he even saw the snake as a problem at all — with no harm to anyone.

Aggression was effective, but what of Musashi when he is feeble? When his skill fails him as age takes his speed and his grace? And what is the cost of all this fierceness?

I have to find strength that grows through my last breath and beyond.

Aengus
01-23-18, 12:35 pm
The grains of sand are forming a mountain.
One hundred.
Two hundred.
Each rep, helped by 25 or 35 lbs, packs down the foundation a micrometer.
It is up to me to decide if this is an anthill, or Everest -- one pushup at a time.

If Good and Evil are actions -- human actions -- then I had discovered a key piece in the puzzle of Right Action. The more I thought about it, the more clarity I had.

And that’s when everything got very serious and very intense.

The realization that changed my life was simple:

Good and Evil are acts done by humans.
If people don’t do Good, it doesn’t get done, and the same for Evil.
I can’t control anyone but myself.
Oh shit if I don’t do good things there is no way to be sure they get done.

The entire universe became my responsibility in that moment.

But I am so incredibly under-qualified for that kind of duty. I whined.

The universe seemed unmoved.

Ok, ok, ok, what do I do now? How do I even begin to do what is “Good”; whatever that means?

And how do I manage to do all these good things when I am just a single person?!

There were a lot of panic attacks for a long time while I figured that out.

Chest Workout:
Pushups: BW x 50, 25 x 200 (sets of 10) , 35 x 100 (sets of 10), BW x 50 (sets of 25)

Aengus
01-25-18, 11:44 pm
Zen can be found in motion too.
Slowly and methodically, the spooling and unspooling of chains.
It is a gentle, beautiful sound, like the rushing of giant iron leaves.

When I came to an uneasy truce with my responsibilities, I started working on how to live my life.

I thought a lot about how things were connected, about how each action was a tiny drop of rain on the sea of human interactions; infinitely small but infinitely resonant.

This is what I thought about under crushing weights and half marathon runs; the days when I cycled for hours.

I was looking for something. Looking for some answer, under pressure and strain.

It wasn’t until I lost almost everything in my life that truth became clear.

A true master doesn’t tell you about truth, they show you how to find it. Pain wasn’t a teacher, but it was a catalyst. I saw the storm coming, and I knew that this was one of the worst things I would ever experience. It let me see the truth.

Truth so simple that it seems trivial, so powerful it changes everything.

But at such an unimaginable cost.

Back Workout:

Pull up: 10, 10, 10, 10, 25x10,25x10,25x6, 25x6, 45x5, 45x5, 45x5, [ 2 chains (on dip belt)x 5 slow with pause ] x 5
Push up: 25x10,25x10,25x10,25x10, 25x10

Aengus
01-29-18, 11:22 am
I think about the intervening workouts.
The ones I didn’t write down.
80 lbs goes up surprisingly well.
I haven’t taken a day off in weeks, but here is more strength; more power.
I wonder when it will end.

I feel like I’ve died and this is what happens after passing through that crucible.

I had two suitcases and a backpack when I left.

It is a funny thing; having everyone treat me like I had been insane or severely injured; like they thought they would never see me again. To be welcomed back with tears and hugs and sympathy, but also with an open acknowledgment of a reality I had only just seen.

Thanksgiving was weird, and Christmas parties were frankly surreal. How do I handle returning to so much light, when I had been in expanding darkness so long my eyes and heart had adjusted.

It was about the third time that someone had hugged me and told me I was the kindest person they ever met, — recounting some trivial politeness I had long forgotten — that I finally understood the meaning of my life, right action, karma, and my duty to all of it.

I had never really done more than what I thought was appropriate: treat all humans like human beings. I wasn’t always great at it, but I tried really hard to be nice and kind and gentle. There is enough cruelty in the universe; why would I begrudge someone help moving or sharing some pizza?

Karma is ACTION. It isn’t some automatic Justice that rights all wrong.

I right wrongs.
I am kind because the universe can’t be.

Me.

That’s my duty: to identify the best and most compassionate action in each moment and to do it, regardless of how difficult it is or how painful.

Sound great, right? Just hug kittens and cook for homeless whales or whatever.

Nope.

It means never taking out my emotions on someone, never being selfish, setting healthy boundries so my relationships are sustainable. It means being always vigilant and always responsible. Accountable for ALL things at all times.

It sucks and I am really bad at it.

But I attended my own funeral: I saw the consequences of every kindness repaid all at once, by people I barely knew, in ways that have left me deeply humbled and fiercely determined.

I am so far from perfect. So laughably underqualified.

The universe deserves a lot better than me. But I’m what it’s got.

Time to get to work.

Back Workout
Pull-up: 8 , 8, 8, 10x6, 10x6, 10x6 , 10x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25,x6, 45x5, 45x5, 45x5
Chin-up: [80x3, 70x3,60x3,50x3,40x3,30x3,20x3,10x3,BW to failure]x2
Hammer Strength single arm row(per side): 135x8, 180x5, 205x3, 205x3,225x3, drop set 225x3,180x3,135x3,90x3,45x10

Aengus
01-30-18, 11:22 am
Squats are getting better.
Bit by bit, my strength is returning to this movement.
I continue, up and down, just a leaf on a pond.
Nothing special, just squats.

Having a clear purpose in life is transformative.

With all the previous lessons — right action, right thinking, transiency — I had most of what I needed to begin to address my monstrous duty.

What I was missing was perspective.

Eventually, slowly, I realized that though my responsibility was infinite, my actions would almost always be very small.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time, slowly and continuously.

I am not great. I’m nothing special. But I don’t need to be to do what I must in life. I simply have to see what needs doing and do it. Then do the next thing. Then the next thing after that.

My signature means: “Even specks of dust, when piled up, become a mountain “. One tiny bit at a time, one kindness at a time, I would be able to do my very best for the universe.

For a while I thought of this as just something I had to do in my ‘spiritual journey’ or whatever crap we call it these days.

But then one day, while doing some workout or other, I realized that physical activity WAS zen. And that through doing each movement with a wholehearted effort, I was realizing all at once all the wisdom zen had to offer.

Weird, I know. But when I sat with it for a while it all made sense.

Relentless forward progress toward the things that make us good in this world is the closest humans can get to perfection.

Now how do I leverage this toward the goals of physical and mental strength?

Leg Workout:

Squats (A2G): 45x20, 45x20, 95x10,95x10, 135x6, 135x6, 135x6, 135+chainsx6, 135+chains x 6, 135+ chains x 6
Stiff-legged deadlift: (135x10)x5
Walking lunges: 2chains x 3 mins, 1 chain x 2 mins , 1 chain x 3 mins , 2 chains x 3 mins
Jump rope : 3min x 5