PDA

View Full Version : Post Arnold Classic 2018

Derek Lunsford
03-07-18, 11:46 am
YO! Everybody that came out to the Arnold Classic this year and was able to make it by the Animal booth/cage... What was your experience like? I can tell you from my experience.. it was LIT!! By far the most bad ass place to be was at the Animal cage!
Share your experience (good or bad) and what your thoughts were.

HIGA MONSTER
03-08-18, 1:21 am
Good to meet you finally in person, bro.

Till next time!
HIGA

Rex
03-08-18, 12:17 pm
Following all the coverage on IG I really would have loved to be there!

Nmowery
03-08-18, 10:04 pm
I went up Friday this year, but missed out on the cage - I went up to spot and load for the usapl meet, and was supposed to be helping from 8-12, which would have left all afternoon to wander the expo, but then the group I was with got bumped to the 12-4 spot. We swung by the cage in the AM while they were doing the bench challenge, but were tied up all day after that. Still a good time though...I had more fun getting an up close view of peeps smash weight than I would have standing in lines all day!

TheMachine
03-09-18, 8:47 am
I had a blast. Got to watch a 545lb bench attempt as well and a 900lbs squat attempt on Saturday morning so that was pretty sweet. Getting some Animal Snaks as well as The Cage tee for my wife was pretty awesome too (thank FireFist)

npcdusty
03-09-18, 9:48 am
I thought everything and everyone was great. Staff, interns, pro etc all did a wonderful job. Animal def has the best and most hardcore fans of them all. I enjoyed every conversation I had with everyone that came through the booth, except that 212 guy Derek Luns something... Dude was a real jerk....lol Just kidding man, I was so impressed by you and they way you talk and carry yourself. You are a true pro and a great addition to the Animal Family. I see a great future for you and look forward to catching up again soon!

LayzieBone085
03-09-18, 7:43 pm
YO! Everybody that came out to the Arnold Classic this year and was able to make it by the Animal booth/cage... What was your experience like? I can tell you from my experience.. it was LIT!! By far the most bad ass place to be was at the Animal cage!
Share your experience (good or bad) and what your thoughts were.

The best experience.
Watching J-Dawg and NG get after each other in the cage.

Worst experience --> Get in line for the 50 limited edition shirts right at 9 when doors open. The worker says go down to the other side and use the ipad to check in.
I get down to the ipad and its to use your email to sign up for samples and not for the shirt.
I go back to get in line for the shirt and they are all sold out.

Was pretty damn bummed about it.

GunRock
03-09-18, 8:45 pm
I had a good time catching up with everyone, (even got to say by to Higa as my wife and I were heading out Sunday morning). Highlight for me was watching Pete deadlift. Incredible level of intensity and focus from him as usual. Talking to Vincenzo Masone was great as usual, enjoyed hearing stories about he and his dad training in their basement.

And how could I forget getting to take our traditional selfie with Momma D and goofing around with npcdusty (when he had time)! Can't wait until next year!

npcdusty
03-12-18, 9:59 am
Ah man im very sorry that happened to you!! Tell you what, next year find me and ill do my best to get you covered. Its always busy and confusing at times but I def try to cover the forum guys for sure!!! Again sorry about that issue, we had so much going on, im sure someone just got confused!

The best experience.

Worst experience --> Get in line for the 50 limited edition shirts right at 9 when doors open. The worker says go down to the other side and use the ipad to check in.
I get down to the ipad and its to use your email to sign up for samples and not for the shirt.

npcdusty
03-12-18, 10:02 am
Hey brotha, you know I love you guys! It was def a blast catching up more this year. We have to get together before a year goes by this time... ABC gathering for sure!!!

I had a good time catching up with everyone, (even got to say by to Higa as my wife and I were heading out Sunday morning). Highlight for me was watching Pete deadlift. Incredible level of intensity and focus from him as usual. Talking to Vincenzo Masone was great as usual, enjoyed hearing stories about he and his dad training in their basement.

And how could I forget getting to take our traditional selfie with Momma D and goofing around with npcdusty (when he had time)! Can't wait until next year!

Rex
03-12-18, 11:32 am
On a scale from 1-10 (1 = deserted, 10 = complete zoo) how crowded was Powerhouse gym on Saturday night? HAHA

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:21 pm
Good to meet you finally in person, bro.

Till next time!
HIGA

Yes bro! Great meeting you man.

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:22 pm
Following all the coverage on IG I really would have loved to be there!

Man it was a crazy time! Would have been great if you were there bro.

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:23 pm
I went up Friday this year, but missed out on the cage - I went up to spot and load for the usapl meet, and was supposed to be helping from 8-12, which would have left all afternoon to wander the expo, but then the group I was with got bumped to the 12-4 spot. We swung by the cage in the AM while they were doing the bench challenge, but were tied up all day after that. Still a good time though...I had more fun getting an up close view of peeps smash weight than I would have standing in lines all day!

Yeah man. The Cage is where it's at!!

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:25 pm
I had a blast. Got to watch a 545lb bench attempt as well and a 900lbs squat attempt on Saturday morning so that was pretty sweet. Getting some Animal Snaks as well as The Cage tee for my wife was pretty awesome too (thank FireFist)

The Animal Team power lifters are insane! They lift tonnage!! And the Animal Snak bars... dude.. they are STUPID GOOD!!

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:28 pm
I thought everything and everyone was great. Staff, interns, pro etc all did a wonderful job. Animal def has the best and most hardcore fans of them all. I enjoyed every conversation I had with everyone that came through the booth, except that 212 guy Derek Luns something... Dude was a real jerk....lol Just kidding man, I was so impressed by you and they way you talk and carry yourself. You are a true pro and a great addition to the Animal Family. I see a great future for you and look forward to catching up again soon!

HAHAHAHAHAHA I don't doubt it.. I can be a real jerk sometimes lol Good catching up with you bro! And yes. EVERYONE that's part of the Animal Team is down to Earth and bad ass! I honestly could not say a bad thing about ANYONE.. which is why I spent my entire day at the booth or cage. I didn't want to take breaks or leave even for restroom break haha The atmosphere there is as good as it gets. 100

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:33 pm
The best experience.

Those two jokers are hilarious haha Good guys for sure. But man I'm sorry that happened! We NEVER want you to have a bad experience with us! The restock sale online is coming up soon.. it's posted on the main page (the count down). So keep your eyes peeled and snag the shirt you were wanting. I know the line of clothes were on point for the Arnold. If you got the gift bag then you should have received some free samples including the Animal Snak bar... they are ridiculously good! Hope you like it!

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:34 pm

Always a great time man! The cage is as intense as it gets!

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 2:37 pm
On a scale from 1-10 (1 = deserted, 10 = complete zoo) how crowded was Powerhouse gym on Saturday night? HAHA

We went to Power Shak instead. It actually wasn't bad. I like a lot of people in the gym when I train. For me, it's a great atmosphere having everyone training. But it wasn't so packed that you couldn't lift. I'd say pretty much everyone that was there was for the ABC which was cool. So on your 1-10 scale... I'd say about 7. Busy but not crowded.

npcdusty
03-12-18, 2:40 pm
Def didn't return to powerhouse for the ABC after the issues we had last year... Powershack gym did a great job for us and only us on Saturday night! We trained, ate and caught up with everyone! Def a great National ABC!!! We missed you this year Rex!

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 4:15 pm
Def didn't return to powerhouse for the ABC after the issues we had last year... Powershack gym did a great job for us and only us on Saturday night! We trained, ate and caught up with everyone! Def a great National ABC!!! We missed you this year Rex!

YEP! It was pretty awesome! Look forward to the next one!!

Iceiktitan
03-12-18, 6:02 pm
I went up on Sunday and enjoyed every minute of the Cage experience. It was good to meet up with some past Animal Bro's and Sis's (Mama Dee/bodybabe10/Evan/Frank/Jdawg/Naturalguy/Higamonster and also meet new Animal athletes. It has been several years since I went to the Expo last and I can say I am going to be back next year to meet up and enjoy this experience again!

Derek Lunsford
03-12-18, 7:34 pm
I went up on Sunday and enjoyed every minute of the Cage experience. It was good to meet up with some past Animal Bro's and Sis's (Mama Dee/bodybabe10/Evan/Frank/Jdawg/Naturalguy/Higamonster and also meet new Animal athletes. It has been several years since I went to the Expo last and I can say I am going to be back next year to meet up and enjoy this experience again!

That's what I'm talking about man! See you there!

LayzieBone085
03-12-18, 8:00 pm
Those two jokers are hilarious haha Good guys for sure. But man I'm sorry that happened! We NEVER want you to have a bad experience with us! The restock sale online is coming up soon.. it's posted on the main page (the count down). So keep your eyes peeled and snag the shirt you were wanting. I know the line of clothes were on point for the Arnold. If you got the gift bag then you should have received some free samples including the Animal Snak bar... they are ridiculously good! Hope you like it!

Read my full review here on the SNAK Bars
https://i.imgur.com/h0LSjLh.jpg
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?45001-Animal-SNAK-Protein-Bars-Review&p=1458877#post1458877

LayzieBone085
03-12-18, 8:01 pm
Ah man im very sorry that happened to you!! Tell you what, next year find me and ill do my best to get you covered. Its always busy and confusing at times but I def try to cover the forum guys for sure!!! Again sorry about that issue, we had so much going on, im sure someone just got confused!

Things happen brother. I appreciate the cage and all the workers. I have worked the arnold 6 years myself between 2 different companies it is a complete cluster and mind fuck with so many people in one place at one time!

Jay Nera
03-19-18, 10:55 pm
Yo Derek, It was nice to meet you man. You looked jacked in your photos...but you look freaky AF in person.

Jay Nera
03-19-18, 10:57 pm

I still have a bruise on my arm from the missed 900 squat attempt. Crazy.