PDA

View Full Version : The Forum LIfe!!!!! A CALL TO ARMS

npcdusty
03-21-18, 10:14 am
Guys and Gals,

As many of you have noticed the forum traffic is way down and has kinda gone cold. Now for me the forum is a everyday log in and stay place. Luckily my job allows me to be on most of the day and in and out as needed. I have been a member of the forum for a long time and this has always been my place to chat, ask, goof etc. With IG, facebook and other ways now, more instant ways of communicating have taken over. I would hate to see the forum DIE!!!! For a lot of us the forum is our place, deep, dark, and sacred! Where the "elite" and tried and true come to chat and have conversation outside of the free world. Yes anyone can join in and from time to time we have the troll account slip in, which for a short time can be amusing and then banned! The reason I bring this up is well, lets call it a CALL TO ARMS folks! I want to see the forum grow again and improve. We have a wonderful tool at our finger tips here and no other company has what we have!!!

What can we do to bring up the forum life?
Why have folks left ?
Would more be interested if the forum members had a first glance before IG, facebook, social media on things, events, products and such?
Should the forum be advertised more? yes that opens the door to less true but keeps the heart beating.
ideas on making it more stream lined or viewable?
Any other ideas, interest?

Animal to me has been not only a lifestyle but a family. I know a lot of us feel that way. The only way to continue our family traditions is to grow our family! I love the forum and what it is and allows us to do. Help me figure out ways to bring up this tradition guys!!!

Please keep this thread going!!!!

MRmichael.hooker
03-21-18, 10:20 am
This is something I posted in my journey a week or 2 ago:

"Going through old posts in my own journey (that I created 7+ years ago) and man the Forum has changed. Not really 'changed', but the amount of daily interactions have fell off drastically. There use to be so many people in here constantly posting and talking back and forth and checking in on each other's journeys. What changed? It seems like it's the same 10-15 guys in here daily and that's it. I remember signing in at any given time and there would be 30-50 guys/gals, easily. Now that there's such a larger social media presence, I know it has helped push the company but I wonder if it's a little at the expense of the Forum. NO fault to anyone at U/Animal, trust me I understand making great products is awesome but so is pushing marketing & making money. Not trying to sound any sort of negative way. Just sort of realized that this place use to be flooded with people & company reps daily and that seems to have gone away for a large part. Just, was almost weird reading my own journey from 2011-2013 and seeing how much it has slowed down."

MRmichael.hooker
03-21-18, 10:26 am
What can we do to bring up the forum life?
Why have folks left ?
Would more be interested if the forum members had a first glance before IG, facebook, social media on things, events, products and such?
Should the forum be advertised more? yes that opens the door to less true but keeps the heart beating.
ideas on making it more stream lined or viewable?
Any other ideas, interest?

I know folks come and go, such is part of it. Seems more like people aren't really 'coming' anymore. I honestly don't think pushing more sales/deals/products/etc in here is going to help anything until traffic is higher. Like, I got an email the other day for 10% off of the restock sale because I had signed up for emails from Animal. "Why would I need to log into the forum if I'm getting emails and IG posts about sales/promotions?" I think would be a valid thought. I do think the forum should be advertised more if the company has interest in beefing up the forum again. I also think the amount of company reps in here being almost non-existent these days impacts a little. There use to be replies/posts from U-Rep, Animal Rep, J-Dawg, Natural Guy, etc etc daily and I think that helped. You felt like you were part of the company. Don't get me wrong, I communicate with Jay pretty much daily on FB/IG, so I think some of the traffic has moved to social media because we're getting the same responses/communication there and not here any more. Bad? Good? Neither. Just is what it is. Like, the Forvm use to be a 'thing'. ABCs were huge, Cage interns picked from here were a thing. The forum doesn't really seem to be nearly as big of an importance any longer.

Rex
03-21-18, 11:21 am
I have noticed the same thing. I check the forum EVERY DAY and make a contribution. Even if it´s just a minor comment in order to encourage someone on his journey thread or something like that...
If we want to keep this alive we should care more about what others are doing, get on their threads and contribute. It takes 5 minutes to make 2 posts.

Also, I see a lot of posts die because the person who started it asking a question never comes back to actually respond to the guys whi have given their advice and insights. That´s frustrating for these people and it will eventually make them stop giving a shit answering questions.
If you start a thread, go back and interact with people that are spending time trying to help you out!!!

npcdusty
03-21-18, 3:08 pm
exactly. Thanks for adding to this Rex. Its not hard to take a few min everyday to jump in and check things out. I also agree on the posting, if your going to start or ask at least follow up on it!

I have noticed the same thing. I check the forum EVERY DAY and make a contribution. Even if it´s just a minor comment in order to encourage someone on his journey thread or something like that...
If we want to keep this alive we should care more about what others are doing, get on their threads and contribute. It takes 5 minutes to make 2 posts.

Also, I see a lot of posts die because the person who started it asking a question never comes back to actually respond to the guys whi have given their advice and insights. That´s frustrating for these people and it will eventually make them stop giving a shit answering questions.
If you start a thread, go back and interact with people that are spending time trying to help you out!!!

npcdusty
03-21-18, 3:10 pm
im def hoping to make it more of an importance again!!!! I know Jay and Eric have been moved in some more demanding areas so I can understand. I'm hooping to get some of the newer folks involved and we get the forum rolling more for all of us.

I know folks come and go, such is part of it. Seems more like people aren't really 'coming' anymore. I honestly don't think pushing more sales/deals/products/etc in here is going to help anything until traffic is higher. Like, I got an email the other day for 10% off of the restock sale because I had signed up for emails from Animal. "Why would I need to log into the forum if I'm getting emails and IG posts about sales/promotions?" I think would be a valid thought. I do think the forum should be advertised more if the company has interest in beefing up the forum again. I also think the amount of company reps in here being almost non-existent these days impacts a little. There use to be replies/posts from U-Rep, Animal Rep, J-Dawg, Natural Guy, etc etc daily and I think that helped. You felt like you were part of the company. Don't get me wrong, I communicate with Jay pretty much daily on FB/IG, so I think some of the traffic has moved to social media because we're getting the same responses/communication there and not here any more. Bad? Good? Neither. Just is what it is. Like, the Forvm use to be a 'thing'. ABCs were huge, Cage interns picked from here were a thing. The forum doesn't really seem to be nearly as big of an importance any longer.

Cellardweller
03-21-18, 6:31 pm
I've been noticing this too. Like Hooker said, back in the day there was alot of guys on here supporting and razing each other. My Journey would fall to page 11 in 24 hours. There were also some big personalities like Machine posting up. I don't know if its a sign of the times that places like IG get more traffic. but there's little knowledge passed around there. Animal IG is more about the sponsored guys and, of course, the products. The FORVM is where the fans are. This is where ABCs get organized. Have ABC events diminished? It was always cool to go to an ABC and get to train with the guys you talk to all the time and occasionally a sponsored athlete. I don't think gimmicks or give aways are the answer, but advertising the FORVM is a good idea. How do people find out about this place? I would never have found the FORVM if I hadn't torn a tendon in my ankle. I had to sit on my ass for 3 months with a boot on my foot. I just googled Animal Pak out of boredom while flipping through MD magazine. Now you can't get rid of me LOL. How did the rest of you find the FORVM? It can't just be a secret.

LayzieBone085
03-21-18, 7:34 pm
Forums are a dying breed due to the demand and popularity of Social Media.
You should see if you can somehow link the social media to get people to join the forums through various Q&A with some of the pro's or athletes on the team.
This way they can get on here, engage, learn, and also live the animal lifestyle.

Nmowery
03-21-18, 11:16 pm
You know...I met mike Wolfe a couple years back at the very first meet I did. He was there coaching and handling some guys from his gym, and I mentioned to him that I was familiar with him from seeing him bench in the cage, and his posting on the forum. He lamented even then that no one really posted on there anymore - he even said this used to be “the spot” for all the best PL info. I think some of the reduced traffic is definitely due to other social media platforms, but also with bodybuilding and powerlifting becoming even more popular, there’s more sources of information, and more ways to connect with great lifters and coaches than ever before.

As far as pulling traffic back in here...#1 would be to make promos/sales available thru the forum only - but animal seems to prefer posting stuff on IG - which is understandable. #2, I’d recommend really putting a public emphasis on the “ask the animals” section. Every time dan green posts an IG video, he gets flooded with comments and questions, and refers people to the forum. It seems very few ever do sign up on here...but I bet many more would sign up and check in if they realized what can be gleaned by interacting with the sponsored athletes on here.

Example...I saw recently where a pretty big name PL was offering online assessments of ones squat/bench/deads...for $175 per lift. This wasn’t coaching - it was this dude watching a video of your lifts, and giving you a critique. This individual is very knowledgeable, and I’m sure can give helpful info, but $175??? Anyone here can link a YouTube vid and have the BOSS do the same for free! Might take a few days to respond or whatever, but it’s 100% worth the wait.

spartan300
03-22-18, 12:08 am
I'm a 62 year old guy who has 62 year old guy issues. No 20 something year old wants to hear about how I'm trying to deal with my age related problems. I loved coming here but very few offered any real insights relevant to my specific age related needs.

MRmichael.hooker
03-22-18, 10:15 am
im def hoping to make it more of an importance again!!!! I know Jay and Eric have been moved in some more demanding areas so I can understand. I'm hooping to get some of the newer folks involved and we get the forum rolling more for all of us.

Right, and I don't take anything away from them/not trying to diss them at all because I totally understand that. And their social media presence has tripled in the last several months. I just meant more in general. There was a large push of employees & athletes in here. As someone else stated, the "Ask the Animals" sections use to be crazy with people posting all the time. Now it's pretty much Dan's & Rex's that get posted in regularly and that's it. You've got Boss, Rex, John, Jay and Chris who are the only consistent athletes in here. Again, NOT BITCHING at all because all these guys (sponsored athletes) are busy with day-to-day lives and seminars and training and etc, I totally get it. I know there's more athletes Animal/U sponsor who do a great job spreading the company on FB/IG. Plus now you've got the "Animal street team" guys on IG/FB. Just comparing to how it use to be I guess. Now you have 3-4 guys trying to hold it down in here and answer all sorts of stuff. Round tables, Ask the Animals, ABCs, stuff like that could help push this back up. Maybe promoting these on social media platforms could help. Instead of asking joe-schmo on IG who has 100K followers but doesn't know shit, you can come here and talk with REAL athletes at the top of their profession.

I've been noticing this too. Like Hooker said, back in the day there was alot of guys on here supporting and razing each other. My Journey would fall to page 11 in 24 hours. There were also some big personalities like Machine posting up. I don't know if its a sign of the times that places like IG get more traffic. but there's little knowledge passed around there. Animal IG is more about the sponsored guys and, of course, the products. The FORVM is where the fans are. This is where ABCs get organized. Have ABC events diminished? It was always cool to go to an ABC and get to train with the guys you talk to all the time and occasionally a sponsored athlete. I don't think gimmicks or give aways are the answer, but advertising the FORVM is a good idea. How do people find out about this place? I would never have found the FORVM if I hadn't torn a tendon in my ankle. I had to sit on my ass for 3 months with a boot on my foot. I just googled Animal Pak out of boredom while flipping through MD magazine. Now you can't get rid of me LOL. How did the rest of you find the FORVM? It can't just be a secret.
Right. When I was reading through my old pages from 2011-2013, I'd see a workout posted, a damn page of comments (both serious and messing with each other) and then another workout posted. Now it's like, 15 workouts, maybe 1 comment, and then 15 more. The forvm use to be more of a brotherhood than it appears to be these days.

npcdusty
03-22-18, 10:17 am
I can see your point to a degree, however we all have issues that may or may not relate to another member. Im almost 37 and my issues dont really apply to the newer 20s either but there are a lot of folks here they can still relate to these things in someway. We have more of a relationship here than some random post on IG where any moron can butt in and give you the next great advice. A lot of the guys here are professional trainers, coaches, or work in related health fields, so it does help to have the forum to turn to, to get a more in depth response. I agree age can way on that but the forum had in the past had a wide range of folks from young to old, I would love to get that back for everyone!!!

I'm a 62 year old guy who has 62 year old guy issues. No 20 something year old wants to hear about how I'm trying to deal with my age related problems. I loved coming here but very few offered any real insights relevant to my specific age related needs.

MRmichael.hooker
03-22-18, 10:29 am
We have more of a relationship here than some random post on IG where any moron can butt in and give you the next great advice.

Right. I've legit met up with many people in here for workouts, ABCs, etc, in real life. I met someone who became a good friend of mine (and his wife) who happened to work 2mins away from me because of here. I can pull up my phone any given moment and text De if I need to. Back years ago when I got divorced, the only people I talked to about it was Funky, Guns, and De, all 3 people I never would have met if it weren't for the FORVM. It really is a lot more than just a random post on IG.

Nix0r
03-22-18, 10:39 am
I love this place. It's been my home for nearly a decade. I'd hate to see anything happen to my baby.

When we had regular ABCs going on across the country, those were the golden days; I'd love to see that come back around eventually.

I also do think that there should be some kind of mini-priority for folks here to get some kind of information ahead of schedule, especially for things like the Arnold. Having that form for the free Cage Concert T was always one of the biggest perks for folks; I remember year after year it was a mad dash to the Cage for folks at open to be one of the first 50 each day. But now, when that kind of information is just spammed across all social media, any schmuck with a printer who just wants the free hand out can get it.

MRmichael.hooker
03-22-18, 11:06 am
I love this place. It's been my home for nearly a decade. I'd hate to see anything happen to my baby.

When we had regular ABCs going on across the country, those were the golden days; I'd love to see that come back around eventually.

I also do think that there should be some kind of mini-priority for folks here to get some kind of information ahead of schedule, especially for things like the Arnold. Having that form for the free Cage Concert T was always one of the biggest perks for folks; I remember year after year it was a mad dash to the Cage for folks at open to be one of the first 50 each day. But now, when that kind of information is just spammed across all social media, any schmuck with a printer who just wants the free hand out can get it.

Couldn't agree more with all of this. If you notice, there wasn't even a CAGE 2018 main thread page created this year. Guys were just posting in the 2017 one

Altered Beast
03-22-18, 11:26 am
I love this place and will never leave PERIOD! This is where I learned of EVERYTHING! Raw lifting, equipment to use, supplements and EliteFTS. I'm going nowhere!

Dusty, there are three things that I noticed that have had a massive impact on traffic here:

1. G Diesel left Universal/Animal and has started his own company. He ran this place and did everything he could to keep it populated. Who's replaced him? Exactly, no one.

2. Legendary Powerlifters and IFBB BBers came on the FORVM. I noticed after this started happening, all of the small fish (the majority of FORVM traffic) that used to come on here and beat their chests have disappeared. I guess they find it intimidating? I can't imagine why, but I guess in today's day and age everyone is a bit too sensitive?

3. Unviersal/Animal people started enforcing censorship. This preceded #1 & #2. There were a lot of nuts on here and the regulars complained so strict rules were enforced and for a while, you really couldn't post anything without people complaining. For fuck's sake, I got a WARNING on my boy Nix's journey in 2013!!!!!!!! Give me a break! We are supposed to cut up, jack with each other and motivate one another! Can't do that with strict censorship. There were many posts in different areas that would get flat out deleted! This started the downfall if you ask me.

I mean cmon! JDawg and Naturalguy never post anymore for example. Hell, only a few Universal/Animal people post anything anymore that aren't sponsored athletes!

Just giving my two cents....

Altered Beast
03-22-18, 11:31 am
It needs to be decided if this place is going to either be completely open to all discussion with ZERO censorship or keep it a cold, corporate entity strictly for advertising purposes with minimal day to day participation.

*I don't mean to be brash, but this needs to be said!

Nix0r
03-22-18, 11:37 am
3. Unviersal/Animal people started enforcing censorship. This preceded #1 & #2. There were a lot of nuts on here and the regulars complained so strict rules were enforced and for a while, you really couldn't post anything without people complaining. For fuck's sake, I got a WARNING on my boy Nix's journey in 2013!!!!!!!! Give me a break! We are supposed to cut up, jack with each other and motivate one another! Can't do that with strict censorship. There were many posts in different areas that would get flat out deleted! This started the downfall if you ask me.

I mean... pretty certain I had to hand out that infraction, lol.

Bean
03-22-18, 11:42 am
I still remember when I stumbled onto Animal by way of big on a budget on YouTube. Started to watch Animal videos and thought it was so cool to be able to interact with guys I saw on the videos. Even when I didn't like Rex's advice to cut beer out of my diet...I still appreciated his honest response and taking time to give advice to the "little guys". To be honest ...the threads I enjoy are the unique ones that talk about the lifestyle, food, and other random issues. I have trouble getting into the daily workouts of someone I don't know and will never meet unless I see something or have a question about a certain lift they are doing but that is rare. I don't know where I am going with this but just wanted to hop in on the thread and say I am here and not going anywhere.

npcdusty
03-22-18, 12:45 pm
Well I can kind of see your point however censorship is a must. This is not a open to all forum. There are plenty of those out there for that. The FORUM has never tolerated everything. We have to keep it civil and clean. This is not a place to come bash someone, fight, call out etc. This is not a place for drug talk, protocol, who takes what and how much. The forum is a gathering place of like minded to come and talk, uplift and goof around. Everyone likes Animal and IG make sit easy for that, but for those of us that LOVE it the forum holds a special place. The forum rules have been the same and you are asked to read them and agree when logging in, we don't wont to shy away from that side of things. I don't want to see it go "cold" but would like to get it back rolling more with more of us on daily. You may not see the corporate guys sign in but trust me there are some on here and I appreciate that! We don't want things to get out of hand and the direction the forum was supposed to be used by opening it up to zero censorship, then we will lose it..

It needs to be decided if this place is going to either be completely open to all discussion with ZERO censorship or keep it a cold, corporate entity strictly for advertising purposes with minimal day to day participation.

*I don't mean to be brash, but this needs to be said!

Altered Beast
03-22-18, 4:26 pm
I mean... pretty certain I had to hand out that infraction, lol.

No sir! J Dawg did.

Well I can kind of see your point however censorship is a must. This is not a open to all forum. There are plenty of those out there for that. The FORUM has never tolerated everything. We have to keep it civil and clean. This is not a place to come bash someone, fight, call out etc. This is not a place for drug talk, protocol, who takes what and how much. The forum is a gathering place of like minded to come and talk, uplift and goof around. Everyone likes Animal and IG make sit easy for that, but for those of us that LOVE it the forum holds a special place. The forum rules have been the same and you are asked to read them and agree when logging in, we don't wont to shy away from that side of things. I don't want to see it go "cold" but would like to get it back rolling more with more of us on daily. You may not see the corporate guys sign in but trust me there are some on here and I appreciate that! We don't want things to get out of hand and the direction the forum was supposed to be used by opening it up to zero censorship, then we will lose it..

You misunderstood what I was trying to say =) I don't care about drugs, talking about drugs or any of that stupid shit. I quit em for good and have moved on.

My point was, it got to the point that everyone became so butt hurt at the slightest of heckling, people were getting banned. Like in any communist country, censorship is enforced and everyone sits there quiet with blank looks on their faces because they're afraid if they say something somewhat offensive they'll be put in prison.

Unfortunately, that was the vibe on the FORVM and it's been downhill since than I'm afraid! FORVM members should be able to cut up a bit and not have to worry about being hassled because of it. People are people and like to have fun and mess around a bit. YES, it shouldn't be anything goes, but I think you get my point...

N. Motta
03-22-18, 10:57 pm
Dusty

I appreciate you taking notice of the stale atmosphere around here and posting the thread. I've noticed it for some time too and I share your feelings about not wanting it to die.

Though I must admit, I'm rarely a 'contributor' around here.

I'm going to think on this for a bit and get back with my post.

npcdusty
03-23-18, 9:49 am
no I understand what you mean and im not saying you meant drugs, im just using that and the others as examples. I don't know what your infraction was for and cant speak for the others being butt hurt for being heckled or whatever but some don't take it well. If jdawg or any of the watchmen handed a infraction for it though it must be respected, corrected and carried on. its what we make of something as to how we continue to handle ourselves. We do cut up and have fun, a lot of us have made personal relationships from the forum and we have a bit more reason to cut up or have fun with one another. However some of the others guys may see that as a open door and jump on something they don't understand so we still have to hold back a bit. I understand where your coming from though. I don't think that is the major down fall of the forum though. Traffic is down mainly due to social medial taking over and I want to help balance that if possible.

No sir! J Dawg did.

You misunderstood what I was trying to say =) I don't care about drugs, talking about drugs or any of that stupid shit. I quit em for good and have moved on.

My point was, it got to the point that everyone became so butt hurt at the slightest of heckling, people were getting banned. Like in any communist country, censorship is enforced and everyone sits there quiet with blank looks on their faces because they're afraid if they say something somewhat offensive they'll be put in prison.

Unfortunately, that was the vibe on the FORVM and it's been downhill since than I'm afraid! FORVM members should be able to cut up a bit and not have to worry about being hassled because of it. People are people and like to have fun and mess around a bit. YES, it shouldn't be anything goes, but I think you get my point...

MRmichael.hooker
03-23-18, 10:37 am
Traffic is down mainly due to social medial taking over.

100% agree

LayzieBone085
03-23-18, 7:53 pm
Traffic is down mainly due to social medial taking over and I want to help balance that if possible.

Nailed it.

Forums are a dying breed due to the demand and popularity of Social Media.
You should see if you can somehow link the social media to get people to join the forums through various Q&A with some of the pro's or athletes on the team.
This way they can get on here, engage, learn, and also live the animal lifestyle.

Altered Beast
03-26-18, 11:17 am
no I understand what you mean and im not saying you meant drugs, im just using that and the others as examples. I don't know what your infraction was for and cant speak for the others being butt hurt for being heckled or whatever but some don't take it well. If jdawg or any of the watchmen handed a infraction for it though it must be respected, corrected and carried on. its what we make of something as to how we continue to handle ourselves. We do cut up and have fun, a lot of us have made personal relationships from the forum and we have a bit more reason to cut up or have fun with one another. However some of the others guys may see that as a open door and jump on something they don't understand so we still have to hold back a bit. I understand where your coming from though. I don't think that is the major down fall of the forum though. Traffic is down mainly due to social medial taking over and I want to help balance that if possible.

Fair enough and I agree 100%! I don't 100% agree with social media being the culprit. Facebook, twitter and IG have been around for a decade or two. This place was hoppin hot during the peak of FB/twitter participation. I am still scratching my head over that one!

*If you want my honest opinion, I think the "fitness" industry is circling the drain. All you see on social media from most lifters/fitness people is bitching, complaining, hating and anger. Social media has become a place for malignant narcissistic behavior of fake self love through desperate attempts for attention. Also, the countless "online coaches" who have competed only once and are flooding the internet with their lies and stupidity. I honestly believe it's started scaring off the masses that were at one point very interested and were trying to get their foot in the door.

Cellardweller
03-26-18, 12:36 pm
The first step in the demise of the FORVM was the creation of the Universal forums. Half the guys left here. It got boring there. It got boring here. People went away. Now there’s one forum again but no one is left.

Jay
03-26-18, 1:11 pm
The Forvm is definietly not what it used to be. I remember first logging on around 2010. There was sooo much information here and the boards were very active. I interacted, even met some friends, I attended some ABC's and the UBCs. I remember getting picked to be a watchmen here. I was pumped! I was on here every damn day and was motivated. Not to mention all the promos here, animal stak, animal rage, project o, just to name a few. It was a way to interact with the company. Then the universal usa forums opened up and I got picked to be a moderator over there. Another awesome opportunity. Those boards were active too with a lot of promos. Sadly those boards have been shut down and there is not much action over here too. A couple of good people have left the company that kept these boards alive, treetrunk legs, g diesel, steve, and there doesnt seem to be a lot of interaction from any other U employees like back in the day. The promo's here are gone. I've mentioned this before and Ill say it again. When you are a member of the Forvm and you win a promo, or an ATP opportunity, to me it made you feel like a family and a part of the company and that your opinion mattered on the product. Now a days, promos are posted through out social media, and you get the ' train biceps everyday' bro's that look at these promo's and say '' sweet- ill enter this cuz its free.'' They win and you never hear from them again. So... I'm not sure how to fix it. It does not feel the same for sure. The ABC events dont seem popular as they once were, the UBC events have not gone on in years, the promos are gone- maybe if those started up again things would change.

Cellardweller
03-26-18, 1:47 pm
The Forvm is definietly not what it used to be. I remember first logging on around 2010. There was sooo much information here and the boards were very active. I interacted, even met some friends, I attended some ABC's and the UBCs. I remember getting picked to be a watchmen here. I was pumped! I was on here every damn day and was motivated. Not to mention all the promos here, animal stak, animal rage, project o, just to name a few. It was a way to interact with the company. Then the universal usa forums opened up and I got picked to be a moderator over there. Another awesome opportunity. Those boards were active too with a lot of promos. Sadly those boards have been shut down and there is not much action over here too. A couple of good people have left the company that kept these boards alive, treetrunk legs, g diesel, steve, and there doesnt seem to be a lot of interaction from any other U employees like back in the day. The promo's here are gone. I've mentioned this before and Ill say it again. When you are a member of the Forvm and you win a promo, or an ATP opportunity, to me it made you feel like a family and a part of the company and that your opinion mattered on the product. Now a days, promos are posted through out social media, and you get the ' train biceps everyday' bro's that look at these promo's and say '' sweet- ill enter this cuz its free.'' They win and you never hear from them again. So... I'm not sure how to fix it. It does not feel the same for sure. The ABC events dont seem popular as they once were, the UBC events have not gone on in years, the promos are gone- maybe if those started up again things would change.

New products aren’t even teased here anymore let alone announced.

MRmichael.hooker
03-26-18, 2:45 pm

I will admit, when I got picked as a tester for Agent O (the original Rage) back in the day, it definitely made me feel more of a part of Animal and like I belonged here. It definitely makes you more of a part of 'it'. Same thing when Tree Trunk Legs (Christian) hit me up and asked about starting a Charlotte ABC chapter, I was stoked. I do agree losing him & G hurts the Forvm some, but we can't live in the past (not saying anyone is saying that, just talking in general) and can't let them moving on to different adventures kill the forum. There has to be ways to build this back up. Not gonna lie, I'm definitely someone who supports both. I buy G's products because I know what he's put into it and trust him as an owner and a dude, BUT, I've never stopped believing in Animal/U and who they are and what they stand for and their products. I took my Fury this am, drank my Storm intra, drinking Flex as I type this, still logging into the Forvm pretty much every single day. This place has always been about brotherhood and spreading knowledge and I feel like this thread is great because it forces us all to humble ourselves to figure out the weaknesses here. Everyone likes to talk about their strengths but no one feels comfortable talking about what they suck at. I think if Dusty, Animal, the U puts this as a priority and listens to what we are saying, we could see some positivity out of this thread for sure for the FORVM

N. Motta
03-26-18, 2:51 pm
I think what can sum up the drop in activity, at least for me; is a sense of community. Or lack thereof.

I think that 5+ years ago, this sense of community started at the top. And trickled down. A handful of really personable and talented guys, who at the time worked at corporate, were very big parts of the Forvm. G Diesel, Christian and Aggression are a couple that come to mind. J Dawg and The Old Man (naturalguy) are still with the company, but as mentioned before, haven't been seen around here in some time. Evan hasn't set foot in here in ages. In my opinion, these guys, along with a lot of others, did a lot for bringing personality to the boards. They devoted a respectable amount of time, were all well spoken and brought people together.

Corporate was flowing numerous promo's, sending out swag to new ABC chapters and ABC events. I was also here when Tom Fuller, aka Rage; was doing some incredible work with this Yellow vs Red challenges. Now THAT by itself was a huge feat and a tremendous builder of camaraderie and brotherhood. And while I think there is still a handful of corporate sanctioned/sponsored events, a lot of them are still centered around the east coast and maybe the midwest. I've always wished like hell I could get in on some of those awesome events and those gyms back east. Always felt like a kid on the outside looking in. But I get it; it's not feasible for them to have such events far away from the HQ.

And while I may not like it, I can understand that to be successful in today's market, corporate has had to adapt with technology and the way companies interact with their audiences. The reach of the major social media platforms is far greater than that of the Forvm. For a time I was salty about promo's being offered to the schmucks on the bodybuilding.com boards, but again, I can understand that the bottom line speaks a lot more than my feelings.

Now, a couple other observations, as a member of two other forums. Both being at completely different ends of the spectrum.

I've been on musculardevopment.com for a long time. While that place is a whole different animal than here (pun intended), it's honestly light years ahead of this place, in terms of entertainment. Lot of lively banter. Subjects that are more interesting than meal plans and the timing of vitamins. Politics, women, drugs, food, tits and ass, analysis of bodybuilding and some powerlifting from well informed guys, did I mention T & A? Interesting and amusing stuff, with some genuine characters. And while these things are amusing to read and check out while I'm running the fork and knife, they of course come with a lot of bullshit and muck, that can bring down a sense of community or contain content that a corporation will not let itself be associated with. (Don't get me started on the irony of a company disallowing the talk of AAS use, despite paying an athlete's a monthly salary who does make use of such tools). A regular pro over there, that has by far, the biggest following and is the most likable, is Evan. He posts frequently, interacts a lot, shows a lot of personality and genuinely seems to have a good time with himself and the other knuckleheads there.

Then theres Jim Wender's forum. It's a forum that you have to pay to have a monthly membership to. One rule is that you have to use your real name, or you won't be granted membership. Oh you want to post under the name of 'bigsquatterdude210?' Bump it on down the road. I think it's great. No offense intended, but I think most of the names here on the forum range from a little silly to fucking lame. Take it back to a sense of community, are you really going to introduce yourself in real life as Altered Beast? Lol, fuck no. People would look at you like you were a had lobsters coming out of your ears. (Yes, that's a shot at AB. Because we've flipped shit before at each other, and we both know how to take it.) Another thing a real name does, is that it carries a bit more accountability from the person that says/types it, than you generally have with the anonymity and protection of the internet. Wendler's forum has a very strong sense of pride in ownership, built into it. We break balls quite a bit, but there is a mutual respect among everyone. You get credible, straight answers from people that want to help. We all get first shot at new merchandise and books, with a discount code, before anyone else does. We get to interact with Wendler and many other highly experienced and accomplished guys, on the regular. And if there is a turd that somehow gets in and causes problems, he gets weeded the fuck out, real quick.

These observations are just my opinions, I'm not saying that I expect things here to mirror everything I like about other places.

So where does the Forvm go from here? Tough to say. As I confessed to before, it's been a long time since I personally have been a worthwhile 'contributor.' Without a shot in the arm from corporate, I reckon that this place is only going to be what we make it. While we may feel that we may be deserving of a little preferential treatment with new merch and promo from corporate, that's probably verging on acting a little too entitled. It may be that the newer, hipper media platforms are going to command corporates attention, because that's where the profits are.

Cellardweller
03-27-18, 12:32 pm
I think I have a lobster problem...

Altered Beast
03-27-18, 1:06 pm
The first step in the demise of the FORVM was the creation of the Universal forums. Half the guys left here. It got boring there. It got boring here. People went away. Now there’s one forum again but no one is left.

True!

This again true!

I think I have a lobster problem...

LOL! Who doesn't like lobster?

I think what can sum up the drop in activity, at least for me; is a sense of community. Or lack thereof.

We think so much a like it's kind of scary! LOL! I cut the details of your response out so it wouldn't be two pages long.

Yes sir, I can take anything! Just remember, it was a name given to me by former training partners because I'm shit nuts ya mormon prick =) How's that for banter, eh? All in good fun!

On a serious note, does MD get into Powerlifting at all? Or strictly BBing?

N. Motta
03-27-18, 2:09 pm
Lol, NOW it feels like a gym! Not a mormon though. But also, don't you DARE lump me in with the libtard, hipster/millennial's in salt lake city either.

MD is pretty much all BBing and anything else that falls into the greater cesspool/off-topic/weird shit. Amusing though. They do talk powerlifting and strength sports a bit.

Maybe we should get the ball rolling, on what we could do or try to change, to liven this place up. I don't imagine that growing the numbers significantly will be in the cards for us. But I bet if we wanted, we could try and rebuild a sense of community somehow.

Altered Beast
03-27-18, 2:19 pm
Lol, NOW it feels like a gym! Not a mormon though. But also, don't you DARE lump me in with the libtard, hipster/millennial's in salt lake city either.

MD is pretty much all BBing and anything else that falls into the greater cesspool/off-topic/weird shit. Amusing though. They do talk powerlifting and strength sports a bit.

Maybe we should get the ball rolling, on what we could do or try to change, to liven this place up. I don't imagine that growing the numbers significantly will be in the cards for us. But I bet if we wanted, we could try and rebuild a sense of community somehow.

I know you're not just had to jack with ya a bit =)

Okay. Doesn't sound like my kind of place.

We could! What did you have in mind?

N. Motta
03-27-18, 2:50 pm
The first thing that came to mind, was something we've done over on Wendler's forum. He dubbed them, 'NOV meets.' NOV has it's own meaning.

Anyhow, what it essentially is, is an agreed upon date or weekend. Anyone who want's to participate is welcome. Its a challenge that each individual commits to, and sets their own goal for the "meet." Whether it's the traditional new 1RM, AMRAP on a set weight for any lift or a total for the big 3. People have also taken on conditioning challenges. Tangling with the prowler for a target weight/time, PR of hill sprints or time/distance on a rower/airdyne. Farmer's walks and yoke carries have also been done. Or any combination of things that any participant wanted to do. One wouldn't have to necessarily alter the programming he's already on, rather set his sights on whatever work will fall on the date/weekend of the challenge and really kick some ass. For our physique oriented brethren, maybe you guys could work on a new pr for time spent ogling at yourself in the mirror, how tan you can get, or how feathered your obliques can get. Hahaha, that's called 'Ball Breaking 101,' for any rookies out there.

Obviously the point is to challenge yourself, with something that fires you up and tests your mettle. Camaraderie, support and some trash talking is encouraged. Posting the results of your challenge, possibly with video footage is mandatory. Hold yourself accountable. While stuff like this would be ideal, getting together in real life; this is the best some of us got. A lot of us train alone, in garages or gym's without like minded training partners. Often times, this is the next best thing.

Jay Nera
03-28-18, 3:41 am
Sorry if someone has already said this, it's late and I only read the original post.

I really think that making it more accessible through our mobiles would make it a lot better. I only come on here when I get home and have a second to log in through my computer. But thats after answering emails and doing work. With notifications/alerts on the phone to when someone responds to a thread you have commented on or a thread you've started(similar to fb for example) with Likes and up votes on good answers to questions similar to youtube. There is so much valuable information that people take the time to throw on here. If we can make it easier to sift through would be huge.

But that my two cents. More accessible through and give us a way to highlight the best information.

Jay Nera
03-28-18, 3:42 am
Also, promoting the forum might not be a bad idea. Perhaps incentives for people to join. Discounts on orders for certain levels of activity on the forum. Or bonus accessories like the keychains and shaker cups.

Jay Nera
03-28-18, 3:53 am
I also think if it were a little easier to share videos, pictures and links, that it would be highly beneficial.

J-Dawg
03-28-18, 9:37 am
I mean cmon! JDawg and Naturalguy never post anymore for example. Hell, only a few Universal/Animal people post anything anymore that aren't sponsored athletes!

Just giving my two cents....

Is it time to make a come back???

Let's see how long it takes NG to find this post.

J-Dawg
03-28-18, 9:38 am
Sorry if someone has already said this, it's late and I only read the original post.

I really think that making it more accessible through our mobiles would make it a lot better. I only come on here when I get home and have a second to log in through my computer. But thats after answering emails and doing work. With notifications/alerts on the phone to when someone responds to a thread you have commented on or a thread you've started(similar to fb for example) with Likes and up votes on good answers to questions similar to youtube. There is so much valuable information that people take the time to throw on here. If we can make it easier to sift through would be huge.

But that my two cents. More accessible through and give us a way to highlight the best information.

I really need to be on here more but I agree, I'm not on my computer as much as I used to be and I don't access the FORVM through my phone.

Let me discuss the FORVM with some others here to see what we can do.

J-Dawg
03-28-18, 9:39 am

Sense of community is what we thrived on for so long here. Gotta bring that back.

npcdusty
03-28-18, 9:47 am
Ok now we are getting somewhere!!! Keep up the ideas guys. I appreciate all the info and ideas. Hopefully we can get this in the right hands and see what we can do.

Jay - def had a good point on the mobile side, I have wanted to make it easier for mobile use for a while as well!!!

Nix0r
03-28-18, 10:09 am

That could be an option, all things depending. The current version of software the FORVM runs on is extremely out of date... possibly End of Life'd. I'm not sure if corporate intends on devoting the resources to get things up to date.

npcdusty
03-28-18, 10:39 am
Just what I was hoping for.... J-Dawg you the man! Thanks for jumping on. I had some conversation with Phil about this at the Arnold so im digging up everything I can to get the forum going and get the community and Family up and rolling again!!!

I really need to be on here more but I agree, I'm not on my computer as much as I used to be and I don't access the FORVM through my phone.

Let me discuss the FORVM with some others here to see what we can do.

Altered Beast
03-28-18, 12:30 pm

Fantastic idea!

Also, promoting the forum might not be a bad idea. Perhaps incentives for people to join. Discounts on orders for certain levels of activity on the forum. Or bonus accessories like the keychains and shaker cups.

Another good idea.

I also think if it were a little easier to share videos, pictures and links, that it would be highly beneficial.

And another one!

Let's see how long it takes NG to find this post.

You bet your ass!

He's too busy throwing pressdown attachments at people pretending he's a badass =)

Sense of community is what we thrived on for so long here. Gotta bring that back.

YES!

That could be an option, all things depending. The current version of software the FORVM runs on is extremely out of date... possibly End of Life'd. I'm not sure if corporate intends on devoting the resources to get things up to date.

Well if they're serious about getting more business and bringing the FORVM back to life, than it has to be done! Sounds like it is worth the investment IMO. Server upgrades aren't overly expensive and the return for increased repeat business and new customer acquisition will surpass the expense of an updated server in 6-12 months!

I would absolutely L O V E to have the FORVM on my phone as an app! That would be so effing sweet! Pretty sure that was be a first in the industry too! Universal/Animal will be a trendsetter in the industry on a whole new level!

MRmichael.hooker
03-28-18, 1:21 pm
Absolutely

J-Dawg
03-29-18, 9:14 am
Absolutely

Working it into my daily routine. It's hard managing multiple platforms but gotta do what's best!

npcdusty
03-29-18, 11:44 am
We need the Jdawg!!! Glad to have you back around here as well. Poor NG, maybe that's why he is so Angry, the forum life has left him and he needs it back in his life!!!

Working it into my daily routine. It's hard managing multiple platforms but gotta do what's best!

J-Dawg
03-29-18, 12:09 pm
We need the Jdawg!!! Glad to have you back around here as well. Poor NG, maybe that's why he is so Angry, the forum life has left him and he needs it back in his life!!!

I'm not going to tell him and we'll see when he finds us talking trash about him here, lol.

MRmichael.hooker
03-29-18, 2:22 pm
I'm not going to tell him and we'll see when he finds us talking trash about him here, lol.

I feel this is the best approach lol

jhenry
03-29-18, 10:09 pm
Was surprised a bit back in September when I organized an ABC I had zero people sign up from the mass forum and got zero hits when hitting up the CT page other than Chris Tuttle and Jay, a few years back when I tried to get one going I remember there being at least ten or so people checking in.

If possible an app would be cool, I prefer using a laptop to read articles etc instead of having to zoom constantly on the phone

deanna7272
03-29-18, 10:30 pm
Right. I've legit met up with many people in here for workouts, ABCs, etc, in real life. I met someone who became a good friend of mine (and his wife) who happened to work 2mins away from me because of here. I can pull up my phone any given moment and text De if I need to. Back years ago when I got divorced, the only people I talked to about it was Funky, Guns, and De, all 3 people I never would have met if it weren't for the FORVM. It really is a lot more than just a random post on IG.

This is what it was all about, lifting, networking (personal connections) and support...

Always here for you...

deanna7272
03-29-18, 11:01 pm
I'm just finding this because I've had some shit going on in my personal life (which is always spelled out in detail on the Forvm... lol) but I will say this... My friends that I have made within these pages have reached out to me, checked on me, and offered their well wishes... I can't tell you how much that means to me (thank you guys)...

I have been harping on the Forvm traffic being down AND the lack of interest in the ABCs for a while now. I absolutely believe that the social media hype with everything is killing the boards (not that I visit any other boards) but everyone is a guru, expert, or general asshat now and can be found spouting off about anything that anyone will listen to. I miss the family atmosphere that the Forvm had. I was introduced to the Forvm in late 2007 and haven't looked back (or elsewhere).... It was my support through my preps, my solace when my Momma passed, my protection when my brothers were asshats, etc... I met my true family here, and no blood was needed to prove it. I vowed that I would do what I could to help when I could.

As far as the ABCs, another place where connections were made. Connections within your gym, your city/town, or even your state. I know that I've been one of the crazy ones to pack up and drive 8 hours to lift with my Jersey family (I have 7 trips to NJ under my belt now...lol) but one thing that I've noticed is... As soon as someone starts planning an ABC, the first question is "who's going to be there?" (athletes)... Everyone expects these blowout ABCs and that's NOT what they are about. I've had ABCs that were 50+ people and I've had ABCs with 10 or less... The numbers do not matter, or should not matter. It's not a "failure" if there aren't large numbers, it's the quality of the people there. Quality meaning others that do what we do, bettering ourselves through the iron, and gathering with like minded people with similar goals. When we had ABCs, people had to be signed up on the Forvm (initial introduction) and they received a yellow iconic through a process of info collecting and the ABC Chapter head sent in their info and an iconic was mailed out. When you walked into a gym and someone had an iconic on, you knew that they knew what the ABCs were and you could make connections. Now everyone wants something for free, they only show interest when it's going to be BIG and athletes are there. Athletes can't be sent to ALL ABCs, some chapters are just fortunate to have local folks (NJ especially)...

Anyway, I'm rambling but... I'm heartbroken about the lack of traffic here on the Forvm AND the deterioration of the ABCs... I miss the family structure that we once had... I just want to say that I'm very thankful for what it is and what it was because I would not have YOU in my life if it had not been for the very things that introduced me to Animalpak ... ❤

npcdusty
03-30-18, 9:22 am
Amen! The tried and true are beginning to speak!!! This is what we need and we need it more now than ever. Don't get me wrong, I like the social media side of it but we need the forum, its a place for us - not the masses. This is something that sets Animal/Univerasl apart from the rest!!! Thank you Momma for jumping in. Spread the word folks, THE FORUM IS NOT DEAD!!!!!

I'm just finding this because I've had some shit going on in my personal life (which is always spelled out in detail on the Forvm... lol) but I will say this... My friends that I have made within these pages have reached out to me, checked on me, and offered their well wishes... I can't tell you how much that means to me (thank you guys)...

I have been harping on the Forvm traffic being down AND the lack of interest in the ABCs for a while now. I absolutely believe that the social media hype with everything is killing the boards (not that I visit any other boards) but everyone is a guru, expert, or general asshat now and can be found spouting off about anything that anyone will listen to. I miss the family atmosphere that the Forvm had. I was introduced to the Forvm in late 2007 and haven't looked back (or elsewhere).... It was my support through my preps, my solace when my Momma passed, my protection when my brothers were asshats, etc... I met my true family here, and no blood was needed to prove it. I vowed that I would do what I could to help when I could.

As far as the ABCs, another place where connections were made. Connections within your gym, your city/town, or even your state. I know that I've been one of the crazy ones to pack up and drive 8 hours to lift with my Jersey family (I have 7 trips to NJ under my belt now...lol) but one thing that I've noticed is... As soon as someone starts planning an ABC, the first question is "who's going to be there?" (athletes)... Everyone expects these blowout ABCs and that's NOT what they are about. I've had ABCs that were 50+ people and I've had ABCs with 10 or less... The numbers do not matter, or should not matter. It's not a "failure" if there aren't large numbers, it's the quality of the people there. Quality meaning others that do what we do, bettering ourselves through the iron, and gathering with like minded people with similar goals. When we had ABCs, people had to be signed up on the Forvm (initial introduction) and they received a yellow iconic through a process of info collecting and the ABC Chapter head sent in their info and an iconic was mailed out. When you walked into a gym and someone had an iconic on, you knew that they knew what the ABCs were and you could make connections. Now everyone wants something for free, they only show interest when it's going to be BIG and athletes are there. Athletes can't be sent to ALL ABCs, some chapters are just fortunate to have local folks (NJ especially)...

Anyway, I'm rambling but... I'm heartbroken about the lack of traffic here on the Forvm AND the deterioration of the ABCs... I miss the family structure that we once had... I just want to say that I'm very thankful for what it is and what it was because I would not have YOU in my life if it had not been for the very things that introduced me to Animalpak ... ❤

Bean
03-30-18, 3:48 pm
THE FORUM IS NOT DEAD!!!!! Just a great statement to read as I get ready to go into my weekend.

MRmichael.hooker
05-23-18, 1:57 pm
Please keep this thread going!!!!

Just bumping this back up to keep it in the light

Aggression
05-23-18, 3:37 pm
This whole place went into the shitter once I left The U!!

In the end, it all trickles down. When I was at The U, we had a lot of internal guys posting up, causing a stir. G Diesel, Christian, Enforcer, J-Dawg, NG, myself, Valkyrie, etc. Shit, I used to routinely hit 15-20+ posts per day on occasion. None of them post much anymore (those that are left). No more promo threads, no more new flavor/new product threads, and was there even a 2018 Cage thread this year? I didn't see one. And unfortunately, social media has become HUGE compared to when this place started. There was no such thing as IG, Snapchat, etc. Now everyone uses those apps to boast/beat their own chests. I don't see this Forvm ever being what it used to be unless the internal guys breath some life into it. I'm just glad I was here when it was at it's peak. And I look forward to every March when I get to see most of you again. And we pick up right where we left off. Until then ....

deanna7272
05-23-18, 5:33 pm
This is why I love ya Aggs... <3 <3 <3 (see, that's OLD SCHOOL, not the fancy schmancy stuff)... I miss the way it was. The posts, the stories, etc... How about the deep dark look into the mind of Machine??? Wow...

I don't want to lose this, it's like home to me...

N. Motta
05-24-18, 11:41 am
The reality is that the Forvm will continue to dwindle.

Altered Beast
05-24-18, 1:14 pm
The reality is that the Forvm will continue to dwindle.

Bruddah, it's almost a ghost town. Some days there are only 3-5 new posts across the entire FORVM!

This whole place went into the shitter once I left The U!!

In the end, it all trickles down. When I was at The U, we had a lot of internal guys posting up, causing a stir. G Diesel, Christian, Enforcer, J-Dawg, NG, myself, Valkyrie, etc. Shit, I used to routinely hit 15-20+ posts per day on occasion. None of them post much anymore (those that are left). No more promo threads, no more new flavor/new product threads, and was there even a 2018 Cage thread this year? I didn't see one. And unfortunately, social media has become HUGE compared to when this place started. There was no such thing as IG, Snapchat, etc. Now everyone uses those apps to boast/beat their own chests. I don't see this Forvm ever being what it used to be unless the internal guys breath some life into it. I'm just glad I was here when it was at it's peak. And I look forward to every March when I get to see most of you again. And we pick up right where we left off. Until then ....

I completely agree! Like I said, once G Diesel left, the spirit of the FORVM left with him. From what I understand he was the front man for the FORVM.

You knows it's getting weird when J Dawg and NG never post here anymore....

N. Motta
05-24-18, 1:41 pm
Bruddah, it's almost a ghost town. Some days there are only 3-5 new posts across the entire FORVM!

And I can't automatically take the tone of, 'online forum's are dying,' altogether. The other forum I'm a member of, where you have to pay a monthly subscription to, always has way more traffic and activity.

I would like to say, I think Rex, Chris, Frank and Dan, all deserve a thank you, for their time and contributions here.

Aggression
05-24-18, 1:45 pm
I completely agree! Like I said, once G Diesel left, the spirit of the FORVM left with him. From what I understand he was the front man for the FORVM.

You knows it's getting weird when J Dawg and NG never post here anymore....

G was a major part of the forvm, as well as the ABCs. It's a shame. Marketing tactics change, priorities switch, etc. But this site is where the brand was established. This forvm is where the brotherhood started. The legions and legions of fans and followers would come here and talk shop and then meet up at various ABCs to establish bonds and friendships that for me personally has spanded a decade.
This is where it all started. Now? Like you said AB, it's a ghost town. It's hard for us average bros to pump life into this thing when the suits have thrown in the towel.

Remember your roots

npcdusty
05-25-18, 9:13 am
NG and Jdawg have been back recently and it was a good to see them back on. I know the roles have moved around a bit with them at Corp and they are busy busy. As for the forum riding on Gs shoulders, I don't see it that way. Yes he had his thread but the some of pros still are on daily and that's great for those who don't know them or get that "one on one" with them from social media. No the forum may not ever be what it was but that was before the boom as social media as well. It comes in waves. Aside from t he corp guys this is our place to come chat rant etc. Its up to us to continue that for those who need it and want it. I haven't been on as much lately myself due to some work things and life in general but I do make it a point to log in and see whats up daily. Lets keep it alive fam!!! Instead of pointing out the downside of things and what has happened, lets figure out a solution and build on it.... I know if I see a "promo" sale or new product etc go out social media I do my best to place it in here as well. Not everyone follows IF and facebook or it slips through a post so I make sure you guys get it here as well. Lets keep building on it. Yes G did a lot and had a great side to the forum but where shoes are left empty someone always comes along to fill it...

Bean
05-25-18, 10:58 am
I would like to say, I think Rex, Chris, Frank and Dan, all deserve a thank you, for their time and contributions here.

I value the info they share just the same as the info shared by everyone else. I know it is not what it was or what I heard it was before I joined...but I am pleased with the help and advice I get in here. I might not always make an official statement in a thread, but I truly value everyone in here for taking the time out of their busy lives to share in this addiction of pushing weight and getting better.

Aggression
06-17-18, 1:12 pm
Back when I was working at The U, we as staff members and the athletes all had an obligation to post on here. And on BB.com. Now, the obligation is social media, specifically IG. Social media has taken off in popularity and for now, its the best place to promote the brand/stay in touch with the followers. I'll do my best to show face around here as often as I can.

LayzieBone085
06-17-18, 8:23 pm
Back when I was working at The U, we as staff members and the athletes all had an obligation to post on here. And on BB.com. Now, the obligation is social media, specifically IG. Social media has taken off in popularity and for now, its the best place to promote the brand/stay in touch with the followers. I'll do my best to show face around here as often as I can.

I think you can notice how much BB.com has died out over the last year alone. That place is turning into a ghost town.
Sad but forum life is a dying breed.

Nmowery
06-17-18, 9:00 pm
Yea, well, BB.com put itself out to pasture when it decided to start charging a monthly fee for access to their training programs. Such a crock of shit.

Aggression
06-18-18, 8:37 am
I think you can notice how much BB.com has died out over the last year alone. That place is turning into a ghost town.
Sad but forum life is a dying breed.

Yup. Can't argue there. My obligations as a rep no longer have much to do with BB.COM. Now it's Instagram driven. Where it used to be "make x amount of posts on the forums per month", now it's "post up an IG pic "x" times a week." It is what it is.

MRmichael.hooker
06-18-18, 9:20 am
Yea, well, BB.com put itself out to pasture when it decided to start charging a monthly fee for access to their training programs. Such a crock of shit.

YUP

Altered Beast
06-18-18, 12:32 pm
Yup. Can't argue there. My obligations as a rep no longer have much to do with BB.COM. Now it's Instagram driven. Where it used to be "make x amount of posts on the forums per month", now it's "post up an IG pic "x" times a week." It is what it is.

Money talks! Whichever is the most effective marketing tool will always be the place to go. Universal/Animal is in the business to make money so it's understandable.

I'll still be here! I consider the FORVM to be my training journal =)

That's so scummy and super greedy! Free content has been proven to increase business in all markets across the board; especially, in the fitness world.

THEROK
06-18-18, 4:46 pm
ive been reading the Forvm for the most part since 2008 and always felt like a good place to be..still is just less traffc now..to be honest i really enjoy just going back through the archives and go through old threads...so much good info already out there!!

sometimes i ponder the possibility that, for the most part, most questions and concerns or advice has been discussed and answered...many many times! at some point we just go in circles

Cellardweller
06-19-18, 1:28 pm
You know what else is missing? People need to post up when they are competing. An awesome part of the FORVM is the support given and received. I don’t care if it’s power lifting, bodybuilding, strongman, CrossFit or even a tough muddier. Following someone’s training as they build up for the event and encouraging them brings us all closer.

0RiFt0
06-19-18, 11:07 pm
You know what else is missing? People need to post up when they are competing. An awesome part of the FORVM is the support given and received. I don’t care if it’s power lifting, bodybuilding, strongman, CrossFit or even a tough muddier. Following someone’s training as they build up for the event and encouraging them brings us all closer.

Once I pick a show for 2018 I'll gladly start a thread to track my progress as should others. Like Jay said it would be neat if pictures could be included easily. Unfortunately typing out your stats+incorrect bf % isn't enough to get a genuine appraisal.

Cellardweller
06-20-18, 3:23 pm
Once I pick a show for 2018 I'll gladly start a thread to track my progress as should others. Like Jay said it would be neat if pictures could be included easily. Unfortunately typing out your stats+incorrect bf % isn't enough to get a genuine appraisal.

True.

BigChrisF
06-23-18, 5:46 am
I don't have any good ideas, I just thought I would check-in.

Altered Beast
06-25-18, 12:34 pm
I don't have any good ideas, I just thought I would check-in.

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/3aCZ4rHNvWFc9sLuTTGT7g--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9MjQwO3E9OTU7dz0zMjA-/http://the-evan.com/files/grandpa-simpson.gif

L O L!!!!!!!!!

Wrath
08-14-18, 6:49 pm
I’m here to chat with all you guys let’s get the forum back to its former glory

spartan300
08-15-18, 12:02 am
I’m here to chat with all you guys let’s get the forum back to its former gloryIf there's anything that can breathe new life into this forum, it's your questions being answered by the one and only. WRATH!!

Altered Beast
08-15-18, 12:27 pm
I’m here to chat with all you guys let’s get the forum back to its former glory

I like it! To me, social media is and has been played out. Seems like it's solely for company advertisement or self promotion.

Forums were always my favorite way to communicate.

EastonH
09-30-18, 2:28 pm
I like it! To me, social media is and has been played out. Seems like it's solely for company advertisement or self promotion.

Forums were always my favorite way to communicate.

Indeed, the forums make it a lot more personal, i could actually feel a connection you know just like a family of some sorts back in the day!

I'm trying to contribute from now on ;) It's been a long time...

But mainly Back in the day we used to have Animal crew guys making articles to the forvm, which was kinda other part of the appeal, you could get in touch with the Pro brothers.

Altered Beast
10-01-18, 12:40 pm
Indeed, the forums make it a lot more personal, i could actually feel a connection you know just like a family of some sorts back in the day!

I'm trying to contribute from now on ;) It's been a long time...

But mainly Back in the day we used to have Animal crew guys making articles to the forvm, which was kinda other part of the appeal, you could get in touch with the Pro brothers.

If you notice, many of the links in the top right corner don't work anymore. They still keep the FORVM around for the die hards, but all of their advertising is done through social media now. Can't blame em! It works and if it sells, it sells.

Jay
12-05-18, 11:51 am
If you notice, many of the links in the top right corner don't work anymore. They still keep the FORVM around for the die hards, but all of their advertising is done through social media now. Can't blame em! It works and if it sells, it sells.

Your right seems like the packs and the shop link are not working.

Thunder Chicken
01-08-19, 7:49 pm
ill admit i have gotten away from it once in a while and my thing is an app would be easier since we all use cell phones. when i get a chance to sit down at my desk computer i open the Forums, but dont say much just read.

Thunder Chicken
01-08-19, 7:55 pm
just thinking out loud, i just wonder if its because most of the people that ran this (like G and CC)and were main focus points have all moved on from Animal? i get that its a business and people move on but we need to find a catch for the fourms to draw people back in a little better. i dont know what but i would miss the forums if it is gone.

GunRock
01-09-19, 2:05 am
NG and Jdawg have been back recently and it was a good to see them back on. I know the roles have moved around a bit with them at Corp and they are busy busy. As for the forum riding on Gs shoulders, I don't see it that way. Yes he had his thread but the some of pros still are on daily and that's great for those who don't know them or get that "one on one" with them from social media. No the forum may not ever be what it was but that was before the boom as social media as well. It comes in waves. Aside from t he corp guys this is our place to come chat rant etc. Its up to us to continue that for those who need it and want it. I haven't been on as much lately myself due to some work things and life in general but I do make it a point to log in and see whats up daily. Lets keep it alive fam!!! Instead of pointing out the downside of things and what has happened, lets figure out a solution and build on it.... I know if I see a "promo" sale or new product etc go out social media I do my best to place it in here as well. Not everyone follows IF and facebook or it slips through a post so I make sure you guys get it here as well. Lets keep building on it. Yes G did a lot and had a great side to the forum but where shoes are left empty someone always comes along to fill it...

I think that the potential is there to do what Harley Davidson, (I think Ford) and Jeep have done with their support system. Yes, corporate is involved but the Harley Owners Group isn't run by corporate staff members.

This may be a radical idea but why not approach these guys who are obviously passionate about this place and see if some of them want to step up into bigger roles on here?

I'm technically still Georgia ABC coordinator but I think that's cause nobody else wants the job. I would be happy to step aside if someone else wants to take the baton and run with it and other people who hold offices may be ready to do that. By the same token, if someone has an office but you never see them on here, why not give their position to somebody else who's got the energy and desire to breathe fresh life into what we've got here?

GunRock
01-09-19, 9:06 am
So I was driving home and I had an idea.

The big thing for most people here appears to be that we're losing that feeling of exclusivity. That we get things that nobody else gets. I can think of one thing that only a few from the Forum have ever gotten to do and that's train at Corporate.

I propose that the gym at the U be opened up to say the thirty most active members of this Forum. If that's too many, cut the number down to twenty. Let them tour the facility, check out the area where the work actually gets done.

Another one is an idea I had a few years ago for Rex or another of the bodybuilders to take a regular person through a bodybuilder's workout. Sort of like the "Train with Kai" promotion that MuscleMeds used to run. (They tried the idea and I'm afraid he might have broken CammaRhino ha!)

In any case, unlike at an ABC where you get to train with a pro but there's a ton of other people around, in this situation, it's just you and Chris or you and MASS. Maybe two of you at most so there are three of you and the rest periods are just right.

And bring back the Forvm shirts. I joined one year two late to get one and now all we have are ABC shirts that anybody can get.

Altered Beast
01-09-19, 2:53 pm
ill admit i have gotten away from it once in a while and my thing is an app would be easier since we all use cell phones. when i get a chance to sit down at my desk computer i open the Forums, but dont say much just read.

You can always log in over the net through your phone! Nowhere near enough interest/people for an Animal App.

npcdusty
01-09-19, 4:17 pm
Yep that's what I do! never to far away from the forum. its not as easy as a app but it does work!

You can always log in over the net through your phone! Nowhere near enough interest/people for an Animal App.

Bean
01-09-19, 4:42 pm

My work comp works just fine for me...not to mention I enjoy my Animal breaks throughout the day.

Altered Beast
01-10-19, 3:41 pm
My work comp works just fine for me...not to mention I enjoy my Animal breaks throughout the day.

I agree! I do the same thing.

jhenry
01-11-19, 11:05 am
I definitely feel like the exclusivity has changed, a lot of social media promos not so much on the forum anymore, but I understand times are changing. It would just be nice to have some things stay forum exclusive. I hope they bring back the cage interns this year, dying to work the cage again, fuck I’d drive out myself just to help set up...

Maybe the guys in charge can hit us with a few cool promos this year on here, I’m trying the last month to be more involved in here it’s been almost a month since I logged anything on my training journey