PDA

View Full Version : Animal pak pill color changed

Dracko
03-23-18, 4:34 am
Hello guys,

I found an older, unopened can of animal pak which I bought probably 2-3 years ago. The expiration date says 8/2018 so it should still be good. Although the color of the pills have changed or all of the paks don’t contain the right pills (hard to imagine).
Can anyone tell why this happens? I’ve seen this with animal flex but not with animal pak.
The thing is:I don't want to take the Mega T pill because of my crohn’s disease but I can’t figure out which pill it is.
Any suggestions?

MRmichael.hooker
03-23-18, 9:19 am
Hello guys,

I found an older, unopened can of animal pak which I bought probably 2-3 years ago. The expiration date says 8/2018 so it should still be good. Although the color of the pills have changed or all of the paks don’t contain the right pills (hard to imagine).
Can anyone tell why this happens? I’ve seen this with animal flex but not with animal pak.
The thing is:I don't want to take the Mega T pill because of my crohn’s disease but I can’t figure out which pill it is.
Any suggestions?

Have you reached out to Animal's customer service email? I'd think with this particular situation, I'd suggest reaching out. I've dealt with Crohn's in my family (Aunt & Grandfather) and know it's a rough ordeal, so I'd want to be 100% sure

Dracko
03-23-18, 9:31 am
Have you reached out to Animal's customer service email? I'd think with this particular situation, I'd suggest reaching out. I've dealt with Crohn's in my family (Aunt & Grandfather) and know it's a rough ordeal, so I'd want to be 100% sure

Is there a service email address? The only e-mail address I found was info@animalpak.com. Not sure if that is the one. In the "customer service" section is no address displayed. Yeah it is safe to say that crohn's is not easy. I'm doing quite well at the moment because of my medication.

MRmichael.hooker
03-23-18, 9:37 am
Is there a service email address? The only e-mail address I found was info@animalpak.com. Not sure if that is the one. In the "customer service" section is no address displayed. Yeah it is safe to say that crohn's is not easy. I'm doing quite well at the moment because of my medication.

That would be the one. I've emailed it multiple times for various reasons over the years and they always email back quickly.
Yeah, the right medication & catching it early definitely can help. Then again, I've seen my Aunt pay a SHIT TON (no pun intended lol) for her medication for it.

Dracko
03-23-18, 9:49 am
That would be the one. I've emailed it multiple times for various reasons over the years and they always email back quickly.
Yeah, the right medication & catching it early definitely can help. Then again, I've seen my Aunt pay a SHIT TON (no pun intended lol) for her medication for it.

I got diagnosed in 2009 at the age of 17. I luckily live in Switzerland so medical costs are not an issue by now.

Just emailed them, thanks. Let's see what they advice.

Dracko
03-29-18, 2:39 am

Messaged them last friday. No answer by now. That is not quickly in my opinion :)

J-Dawg
03-29-18, 9:11 am
Hello guys,

Any suggestions?

Hey brother, it sounds like you have one of the older cans of Pak, where the pills were all different. In the past few years, we switched the look of the pills to make the production process easier and more efficient. So while the new pills look different, you still have the same potent Pak formula inside.

Dracko
03-29-18, 9:59 am
Hey brother, it sounds like you have one of the older cans of Pak, where the pills were all different. In the past few years, we switched the look of the pills to make the production process easier and more efficient. So while the new pills look different, you still have the same potent Pak formula inside.

Yo dawg, so what you're saying is that it is normal that for example the vitamin B pill is no longer yellow? I might should post a picture to give an example how they actually look. The pill chart does not look like my paks.

Since I don't wanna take one specific pill this would make my problem even worse.

Rex
04-03-18, 12:51 pm

I noticed the same thing. I guess the pills are lighter in color. Interesting that this makes their production more efficient. Cool insight

Dracko
04-03-18, 2:21 pm
They message me back last thursday:

We guarantee our products up to the expiration date. It's possible the pill color could be the result of wear and tear possibly the environment the can was stored in. You should be fine to use the product though as long as it's withing the range of the expiration date, in this case it is.
In my case the can probably had to survive 1-2 hot summers. So that kinda explains it but does not solve my problem. Seems like I just give the can to a friend and just buy a new one instead.

I noticed the same thing. I guess the pills are lighter in color. Interesting that this makes their production more efficient. Cool insight
Pretty sure we are not talking about the same color change. Mine all turned darker than they used to be.

Rex
04-04-18, 10:45 am
They message me back last thursday:

In my case the can probably had to survive 1-2 hot summers. So that kinda explains it but does not solve my problem. Seems like I just give the can to a friend and just buy a new one instead.

Pretty sure we are not talking about the same color change. Mine all turned darker than they used to be.

Honestly, I wouldn´t worry about that.

On a side note: That must be a good friend if you´re giving him stuff that you´re not sure about taking... :D Haha

J-Dawg
04-04-18, 1:01 pm
Yo dawg, so what you're saying is that it is normal that for example the vitamin B pill is no longer yellow? I might should post a picture to give an example how they actually look. The pill chart does not look like my paks.

Since I don't wanna take one specific pill this would make my problem even worse.

To be safe, feel free to post up a pic and we can confirm.

Dracko
04-05-18, 3:43 am
On a side note: That must be a good friend if you´re giving him stuff that you´re not sure about taking... :D Haha
Thanks mate, that made me laugh. Keep in mind that I only want to avoid the Mega T pill which I can't figure out which one it is. So that friend still will be safe :)

To be safe, feel free to post up a pic and we can confirm.
https://imgur.com/a/kGXWx <- what mine looks like
https://imgur.com/URVHh0O <- what it should look like

J-Dawg
04-11-18, 3:43 pm
Thanks mate, that made me laugh. Keep in mind that I only want to avoid the Mega T pill which I can't figure out which one it is. So that friend still will be safe :)

https://imgur.com/a/kGXWx <- what mine looks like
https://imgur.com/URVHh0O <- what it should look like

Yours is correct! It's the updated version, where we combined some blends together to help making the production and tableting process more efficient.

Rex
05-29-18, 10:32 am
Yours is correct! It's the updated version, where we combined some blends together to help making the production and tableting process more efficient.

cool!

RussianMachine
10-21-18, 1:31 am
Still you didn't explain what exactly inside those pills? How did you mix those blends? Some customers like me may want to know description of every pill, to understand what kind of vitamins or enzymes we are using with every pills. Customers may have allergy or sensitivity to some ingredients. At least can you describe those pills, which is easely could be recognized ?