1-2 tbsp cayenne chilli
4 tsp oregano
2 tbsp mixed herbs
3 heaping tbsp tomato paste
12 eggs
salt and pepper

Yes! That said 12 eggs!!!

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch slices, chop the bacon into strips, peel and slice the onions

3. cook bacon in pan over med heat until slightly browned, remove and set aside

4. add ground beef, garlic and onions to pan and stir fry. Add spices and tomato paste. Continue to fry for an additional 10 min, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned and onions have softened.

5. while the meat is cooking prepare the eggs. scramble them in a large bowl and add salt and pepper

6. grease the sides of a 9x13 casserole dish. layer the dish several times in this order
*sweet potato slices
*scattered bacon
*meat

7. repeat the layers until you have no ingredients left, then pour the eggs over the top. Move the dish side to side to get the eggs in all the gaps.

8. place in oven for one hour.

MRmichael.hooker
04-11-18, 6:00 pm
The real question I have is, do you eat it in one sitting? I legit am going to make this

Cellardweller
04-14-18, 1:57 pm
I used thick cut bacon and used the whole package, not just 6 pieces. I got a bottle of mixed herbs at the store and it had fennel in it which I think really made it. Something I would do differently next time is boil or microwave my sweet potatoes a little before layering them in the dish. The top layer didn’t cook all the way. You have to try this. It was very filling too. I thought I was going to tear through it but ate half as much as I thought.