PDA

View Full Version : Wrist wraps & lifting straps

MRmichael.hooker
04-17-18, 8:42 am
Hey guys/gals. So I’ve had my straps & wraps both for a while now and they are starting to wear down pretty good, so I know I’ll be in the market sooner than later for some new ones. Just was curious if there were any recommendations on some. I train powerlifting style if that helps any. I’ve had Gasp for both and have no issues with them and wouldn’t be opposed to buying the same ones again but just was curious what you guys use/like. When I bought these several yeaes ago I was definitely more of a bodybuilder and didn’t know if there’d be better ones to look at for powerlifting. Thanks in advance

Cellardweller
04-19-18, 5:00 pm
I have elitefts wrist wraps. Had them for years and they’re starting to look ragged and the Velcro is coming off some. They’ve been through so much with me I hate to replace them goofy as that sounds

Nmowery
04-19-18, 9:04 pm
For wraps, I also have some elitefts heavy wraps that I like, but are honestly a bit too much for me. Only thing that sucks about buying wraps is that you don’t get to try them out beforehand...if I had to pick again, I’d likely get one of their lighter-style wraps. If I were benching more than I do, the heavy ones would be perfect.

For straps, I’ve been using some padded ones that I got for free from B.B.com. I loaded up on animal stuff a couple months back, and it was the free gift you get with a $75 purchase. If you watch the vid of dan green’s 900 lb pull in the cage this year, you’ll notice he’s wearing the same ones.

ChrisTuttle
04-20-18, 7:38 pm
Believe it or not the Animal ones are pretty good! The thicker version.

Jay Nera
04-24-18, 11:32 pm
Believe it or not the Animal ones are pretty good! The thicker version.

Yeah. The Animal Straps are pretty good. I use those or grizzly ones.

As for the wraps. Can't say that the Animal one are the best because they are very short a thin. I use them for handstand work sometimes and benching. BUt when Im Squatting I like to use the gangster wraps.

Rex
05-02-18, 12:37 pm
From what I hear iron rebel has great equipment as far as wraps.

For straps I am married to my Versa Gripps Professional. I love those.

Gooners85
05-05-18, 11:41 am
Hey guys/gals. So I’ve had my straps & wraps both for a while now and they are starting to wear down pretty good, so I know I’ll be in the market sooner than later for some new ones. Just was curious if there were any recommendations on some. I train powerlifting style if that helps any. I’ve had Gasp for both and have no issues with them and wouldn’t be opposed to buying the same ones again but just was curious what you guys use/like. When I bought these several yeaes ago I was definitely more of a bodybuilder and didn’t know if there’d be better ones to look at for powerlifting. Thanks in advance

What's your wrapping style? What are you trying to accomplish with the wraps?

Rex
05-13-18, 10:54 am

That´s actually a good question...

Altered Beast
05-15-18, 11:23 am

Inzer. I use the Grippers for Knee and Wrist; however, the Gripper wrist wraps are no long on the Inzer website for whatever reason. They have plenty of others to choose from!

Our boy Dan Green likes a lot of the Titan wraps but he often switches brands each year trying something new to see what works best. Certain ones are better for 1RM's and others are better for Reps. Inzer has both.

*I don't use straps for anything so I can't help there.

Wraps provide FAR better protection to the knees compared to knee sleeves. A significantly stronger compression effect and because of that fact, you're able to get rebound out of them due to such strong compression. Most guys get 60-100 pounds out of wraps and from my own personal experience, feel zero pain or inflammation in the knees after using them for either near maximal lifts or new PR lifts.

People have different ways of wrapping and I've tried them all. They all accomplish the same thing, it boils down to how many revolutions can you get out of your wraps with a particular wrapping pattern as that will provide the most bang for your buck.