PDA

View Full Version : What is Animal?

Cellardweller
04-23-18, 1:31 pm
Animal is...

I walked into the gym today in an Animal shirt, with my Animal gym bag and Animal hat. Caught myself in the mirror and wondered, whatís it all about? Iím not sponsored, so whatís it all represent?

I hit squats today for the first time in over 4 months due to various injuries. Had a great start and got real hungry to get my numbers back up just after one day using less than my usual warm up. Thatís what sets me apart. The Animal hunger. The desire to be more than I am. Not settling for my place at the table. Pain is the Animal currency. Dreams donít come cheap. The others fear pain. Today the bar felt way heavier than it should have. But thatís just the iron letting me know my place. It woke something up in me. It didnít slap me down. Thatís Animal. Challenge accepted. Other people stop when it gets difficult, but thatís where the Animal gets started.

What does Animal mean to you?

Cellardweller
04-23-18, 2:25 pm
I just saw G Dieselís IG post. He said it better.

npcdusty
04-23-18, 4:24 pm
The desire to better yourself, to be more than average. To be different in my own way. Outside the mold. Over come the bs that is taught on us to be regular. Family!

Animal is...

I walked into the gym today in an Animal shirt, with my Animal gym bag and Animal hat. Caught myself in the mirror and wondered, whatís it all about? Iím not sponsored, so whatís it all represent?

I hit squats today for the first time in over 4 months due to various injuries. Had a great start and got real hungry to get my numbers back up just after one day using less than my usual warm up. Thatís what sets me apart. The Animal hunger. The desire to be more than I am. Not settling for my place at the table. Pain is the Animal currency. Dreams donít come cheap. The others fear pain. Today the bar felt way heavier than it should have. But thatís just the iron letting me know my place. It woke something up in me. It didnít slap me down. Thatís Animal. Challenge accepted. Other people stop when it gets difficult, but thatís where the Animal gets started.

Bean
04-23-18, 5:30 pm
Family, Brotherhood, Knowledge, and a sense of belonging. I was intrigued by the size of the guys in the videos, interested in their meals and prep, and sold on the supplements advertised. Gathered training ideas, meal planning, and all around motivation to get better in the gym and out of the gym from this forum. I know I am not the most built or the strongest, but I do know I would be accepted if I were to show up an Animal event because it is the mentality of the brotherhood that attracts me most. we are all here to help and not be afraid to call someone on their bullshit or give them a real critique. What is Animal to me... Comfort with a dash of Gnarly thrown in for good measure. Comfort because I know I have a great group of people to bounce ideas and thoughts off of and gnarly because who in here doesn't like to get gnarly in the gym at times if not all the time?

ChrisTuttle
04-24-18, 6:47 pm
The desire to better yourself, to be more than average. To be different in my own way. Outside the mold. Over come the bs that is taught on us to be regular. Family!

I like that! "to be different in my own way"

Wrath
04-30-18, 1:07 pm
I think animal means different things to different people. For me itís a group of people who love
To train. Not for fame or likes or money, but a real love for just training and pushing your self to new limits. Group of people who overcome the odds. The blue collar men and women who find tome for that gym session even 12am or 5 and before or after work. Because they canít go a day with out having that feeling, that weight on your back. That new or get that crazy fucking arms pump that makes all the bull shit worth it ... fuck what people think. Fuck that average life I wanna be a freak!!!!

naturalguy
05-02-18, 10:10 am
I think animal means different things to different people. For me itís a group of people who love
To train. Not for fame or likes or money, but a real love for just training and pushing your self to new limits. Group of people who overcome the odds. The blue collar men and women who find tome for that gym session even 12am or 5 and before or after work. Because they canít go a day with out having that feeling, that weight on your back. That new or get that crazy fucking arms pump that makes all the bull shit worth it ... fuck what people think. Fuck that average life I wanna be a freak!!!!

I would agree that everyone will probably have a different meaning that is personal to them. To me it's an attitude, a mindset

Altered Beast
05-02-18, 10:43 am
I would agree that everyone will probably have a different meaning that is personal to them. To me it's an attitude, a mindset

/\ This!

When I see the iconic "A" on anything Animal it says to me, "HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT!" Intensely passionate fury is what it means to me.

dannynb
05-22-18, 11:05 pm

Have to agree. To each their own. It is an attitude, not just in the gym, but towards all we do.

Cellardweller
05-23-18, 9:37 am
I would agree that everyone will probably have a different meaning that is personal to them.

Not singling you out, but this is the question, not the answer.

Nmowery
05-23-18, 11:44 pm
No bullshit