PDA

View Full Version : Non lifting, random question...

JHOORNSTRA
04-25-18, 1:08 am
Does anyone or has anyone here had a trailer camper?

We are traveling a lot and think we would roughly save $300 a month by getting one vs hotels at the rate we are going, so are looking for a hitch pulled, 25ish ft with slide outs, bunk beds, etc. Anyone have any insight? What they loved/hated about theirs? What to watch out for other than obvious leaking, plumbing, etc...

Would love to get some insight, the more the better...

npcdusty
04-25-18, 5:24 pm
My Aunt and Uncle had one they live din every winter in Florida. They loved it. He passed last year but she still has it sitting in the drive....

Does anyone or has anyone here had a trailer camper?

We are traveling a lot and think we would roughly save $300 a month by getting one vs hotels at the rate we are going, so are looking for a hitch pulled, 25ish ft with slide outs, bunk beds, etc. Anyone have any insight? What they loved/hated about theirs? What to watch out for other than obvious leaking, plumbing, etc...

Would love to get some insight, the more the better...

JHOORNSTRA
04-26-18, 12:39 am
yeah there are tons of mobile home and trailer parks in FL...occupied by northerns from November til march. Doing a lot of research on it because that's how I am and will never go into something not 100% prepared but some things that you "pick up as you go" would be beneficial to know ahead of time, especially if it's the difference between getting one over another one.

Jay Nera
04-29-18, 5:42 pm
If buying used, I would watch the movie Snatch so as to not make the same mistakes. Their purchasing experience got a little messy. haha

Rex
05-20-18, 12:35 pm
Do you want to move into that thing or just for vacation?

npcdusty
05-21-18, 5:06 pm
I cant imagine his big ass living it one full time!!!

Do you want to move into that thing or just for vacation?

Bean
05-21-18, 5:35 pm
If buying used, I would watch the movie Snatch so as to not make the same mistakes. Their purchasing experience got a little messy. haha

But remember if you buy one from a Gypsy...you get a free dog thrown in the deal. Just don't go getting yourself in a bareknuckle boxing match to help improve the deal.

Nmowery
05-21-18, 8:18 pm
But remember if you buy one from a Gypsy...you get a free dog thrown in the deal. Just don't go getting yourself in a bareknuckle boxing match to help improve the deal.

Idk, I like his chances versus whatever swamp creatures he might have to battle down in FL

Rex
05-22-18, 10:45 am
I cant imagine his big ass living it one full time!!!

I can´t imagine anyone living in one full time...

Jay Nera
05-27-18, 4:10 pm

Hahah. “Ya lyke dags?” “Dags?” “Ya! Ya lyke dags?” “Oh... dogs.”

Jay Nera
05-27-18, 4:12 pm
I can´t imagine anyone living in one full time...

Tyson Fury, former super heavyweight boxing champion grew up in caravans. He’s an actual gypsy with a family root d in bare knuckle boxing. I watched a short vid o on him and to get away from his lavish lifestyle and mansion etc after beating Klitschko... he lives in a caravan for a bit so he can harden up and focus.