PDA

View Full Version : Eating with twice a day training

V23
06-04-18, 6:16 pm
Anyone try twice a day training and if so did you have to tweak your diet for adequate recovery?

I started this today. Either weights twice a day with conditioning or weights in the AM and conditioning in the PM. Currently I’m trying to maintain my strength and cut some body fat. I’ve been keeping carbs 150-200g per day. I know I’ll have to play around with it but I don’t want to restrict too much, recover like shit, and get hurt.

Today I got 2 meals in between sessions with 150g carbs total along with plenty protein/fats. I’m taking Cuts and PM along with EAAs and creatine intra workout

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Rex
06-04-18, 6:33 pm
Anyone try twice a day training and if so did you have to tweak your diet for adequate recovery?

I started this today. Either weights twice a day with conditioning or weights in the AM and conditioning in the PM. Currently I’m trying to maintain my strength and cut some body fat. I’ve been keeping carbs 150-200g per day. I know I’ll have to play around with it but I don’t want to restrict too much, recover like shit, and get hurt.

Today I got 2 meals in between sessions with 150g carbs total along with plenty protein/fats. I’m taking Cuts and PM along with EAAs and creatine intra workout

Any advice would be much appreciated!

You are way too fucking worried to begin with. Trying something new like this should be something you concerned about. You should be excited for what´s going to happen.
I´ve been doing weights twice a day for over a decade straight.
I train after breakfast. In between the next session I have 3 meals within a 7 hour gap. Before I go to bed I have another 3.
My carb intake ranges from 1200g down to 300g (only when I´m really deep in a diet). I divide those over all 7 meals. The largest portions are the post training meals.

V23
06-04-18, 7:46 pm
You are way too fucking worried to begin with. Trying something new like this should be something you concerned about. You should be excited for what´s going to happen.
I train after breakfast. In between the next session I have 3 meals within a 7 hour gap. Before I go to bed I have another 3.
My carb intake ranges from 1200g down to 300g (only when I´m really deep in a diet). I divide those over all 7 meals. The largest portions are the post training meals.

You’ve got a big carb intake! Most I’ve done is 600g a day. Maybe I’ll bump it fairly high this week. Thanks for the advice!

ChrisTuttle
06-05-18, 8:27 am

Good info!

Altered Beast
06-05-18, 11:09 am

Love the mentality!

You’ve got a big carb intake! Most I’ve done is 600g a day. Maybe I’ll bump it fairly high this week. Thanks for the advice!

With training twice a day you're sending two major metabolic bumps to your thyroid and endocrine system. You're going to be torching calories and DEFINITELY need to eat a fair amount of carbs!

*Also, keep in mind Rex has a naturally fast metabolism; therefore, he needs far more carbs then the majority of us.

Bean
06-05-18, 2:51 pm
Anytime that motivation kicks in and eases us out of our norm is great because it does not feel like a chore or its forced. Then after time it becomes habit or routine which doesn't feel like work either. I recently had similar thoughts about two a day training but from the lifting aspect of which body parts do I hit and do I double up on certain body parts when lifting twice a day....then it hit me. Just fucking do it, I will figure out what works and what doesn't work through action. I feel its the same way with eating and intake....blast it and see what happens. Fuel the body and see if it works. if not, adapt and make changes. Advice is always great but we know our body and minds best ( unless it is a coach that is truly invested in us and they might know us better than we know ourselves) You got this.

Rex
06-05-18, 6:27 pm

Yes. Keep your protein as is and add 100 carbs to make up for the addded volume.

Rex
06-05-18, 6:28 pm
Good info!

You bet! Real life experience.

Rex
06-05-18, 6:29 pm
Love the mentality!

With training twice a day you're sending two major metabolic bumps to your thyroid and endocrine system. You're going to be torching calories and DEFINITELY need to eat a fair amount of carbs!

*Also, keep in mind Rex has a naturally fast metabolism; therefore, he needs far more carbs then the majority of us.

I´ll take that as a compliment :)
And you´re right about the metabolic bump.

V23
06-05-18, 6:38 pm
Yes. Keep your protein as is and add 100 carbs to make up for the addded volume.

Will do Rex. Getting 300g carbs in today and will adjust from there

ChrisTuttle
06-05-18, 7:26 pm
You bet! Real life experience.

That is the best type of knowledge!

Rex
06-08-18, 12:38 pm
Will do Rex. Getting 300g carbs in today and will adjust from there

Small, isolated changes are the way to go. Otherwise you won´t be able to gauge progress/regress.

Rex
06-08-18, 12:39 pm
That is the best type of knowledge!

Sadly this type of knowledge only comes from failure and mistakes. Right?

Altered Beast
06-08-18, 1:21 pm

Only way to truly learn and profit yourself long term.

MRmichael.hooker
06-08-18, 1:22 pm

ALWAYS where the best lessons come from. Gym, nutrition and life in general.

Rex
06-09-18, 10:34 am
Only way to truly learn and profit yourself long term.

Fuck... I don´t even want to go back in my head and think about all the things I regret deeply...

Rex
06-09-18, 10:35 am
ALWAYS where the best lessons come from. Gym, nutrition and life in general.

Painfully true.

Altered Beast
06-11-18, 12:01 pm
Fuck... I don´t even want to go back in my head and think about all the things I regret deeply...

Regrets are a waste of time IMO. You make the best decision you can at the particular time it happens throughout life. No reason to look bad unless it's something positive =) Just my two cents.

Rex
06-15-18, 6:13 pm
Regrets are a waste of time IMO. You make the best decision you can at the particular time it happens throughout life. No reason to look bad unless it's something positive =) Just my two cents.

You´re right. Thanks!

spartan300
06-17-18, 4:46 pm
I did 2 a days exclusively for 3 years in a row! If you think my workouts were fueled by any thing other than desiccated liver and coffee you'd be sadly mistaken. I captured a good share of my titles training like this. Pre workout meals always consisted of beef patties, eggs and a big stack of buckwheat pancakes with honey. Shortly there after id hit my first session which started with 20 sets of abs. then depending on what I was working I'd do my first body part which consisted of a minimum of 25 sets. usually 5 movements 5-6 sets each. My second session started after I hit the ponderosa steak house. 6oz. sirloin, 2 baked potatoes, salad. 2nd time through i started with 15 sets of calves and then on to another 25-30 sets. when I got home I drank a massive protein drink. I had so much fun back then never tired. Always in shape 186 lbs @ 9% on any given day stayed like that for just about 3 years. some months I'd compete 2-3 shows

Aggression
06-18-18, 8:39 am
If I were to have 1200g carbs daily ... man ...

ChrisTuttle
06-18-18, 11:08 am

For sure! When you are winning and progressing you learn nothing. Mistakes and failure creates the most knowledge.

Bean
06-18-18, 11:28 am
2nd time through i started with 15 sets of calves and then on to another 25-30 sets.

So would you pick a different body part for the second workout or would you go back and hit the same body part again? This may be a dumb question.

Altered Beast
06-18-18, 12:26 pm

LOL! Like I said, Rex has a fast metabolism. You and I on the other hand......would both be 350 & 400 pounds! LOL!

spartan300
06-19-18, 1:53 am
So would you pick a different body part for the second workout or would you go back and hit the same body part again? This may be a dumb question.Trained 6 days a week.

MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS
AM
CHEST/ABS
PM
BACK/CALVES

TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS
AM
DELTS/CALVES
PM
ARMS/ABS

WEDNESDAYS AND SATURDAYS
AM
LEGS
PM
ABS/CALVES

Bean
06-19-18, 1:54 pm
Trained 6 days a week.

MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS
AM
CHEST/ABS
PM
BACK/CALVES

TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS
AM
DELTS/CALVES
PM
ARMS/ABS

WEDNESDAYS AND SATURDAYS
AM
LEGS
PM
ABS/CALVES

Thank you... much appreciated

spartan300
06-20-18, 2:54 am
Thank you... much appreciatedAnytime Brother.

Rex
06-20-18, 6:22 pm
For sure! When you are winning and progressing you learn nothing. Mistakes and failure creates the most knowledge.

How come we´re so stupid? It should be equal.

0RiFt0
06-20-18, 6:35 pm

1200 grams from potato, rice and oatmeal. I don't even want to thing about it. Kelloggs Special K however...

ChrisTuttle
06-21-18, 4:53 pm
how come we´re so stupid? It should be equal.

haahhah

Rex
06-21-18, 6:23 pm
1200 grams from potato, rice and oatmeal. I don't even want to thing about it. Kelloggs Special K however...

I´m doing fat free pancakes, cereal, rice cakes.
I haven´t eaten any rice or oatmeal in a year...

0RiFt0
06-21-18, 6:55 pm
I´m doing fat free pancakes, cereal, rice cakes.
I haven´t eaten any rice or oatmeal in a year...

I was more thinking of what I eat. Cereal makes 1200 sound possible haha