PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a pre workout "RITUAL" ?

spartan300
06-25-18, 3:34 am
What things do you do, to mentally prepare yourself? For me I'll go sit in a Mc Donalds or a dunkin' donuts and sip a cup of coffee while I fill my journal in. Then I visualize the movements and actually rehearse the workout in my head.

MRmichael.hooker
06-26-18, 3:50 pm
poop

Cellardweller
06-27-18, 11:05 am
I get ready in the basement. That’s where my supp stash is and my gym stuff. If I’m home alone, I like to stream my music on the TV downstairs so I can rock the sound system as I make my shake and intra drink up. YouTube some muscle prodigy or power lifting motivation videos too.

Aggression
06-27-18, 12:18 pm
poop

Haha! Pretty much this.

I don't have any ritual. Just prior to put walking into the gym, it's like any other day; eat, errands, taking care of the young buck, etc. I don't take preWO daily, so that's out. I'm gonna say the "switch" is flipped once I put the headphones in and hit "play" and some Five Finger Death Punch starts rolling.

Bean
06-27-18, 4:24 pm
Get changed in my office and slam my pre- workout. No mixing...powder straight into the mouth and chased with water. Hop in the car and head to the gym. Walk in and hit Bad religion on Pandora and its off to the races.

Rex
06-27-18, 6:24 pm
poop

Keeping it real.
Me, too.

spartan300
06-28-18, 1:36 pm
I was an athlete before I started bodybuilding. Pre game ritual always included Jethro Tull blaring, taping my cleats up a certain way, and wearing an old shitty "shiver" pad I had for years on my right forearm . This always put me in the right frame of mind. Once I pulled that stinky, dirty old pad up on my arm I knew It was on! I was a different person until it came off. I carried that same mentality over into my bodybuilding training. It made me realize that this was not going to be just another casual, recreational endeavor. Like a pick up game of basketball or bowling or some shit like that. I knew my success as a bodybuilder was going to hinge on how serious I took my training. Once you get your mind right you've won half the battle.

Nmowery
06-28-18, 8:36 pm
Keeping it real.
Me, too.

It’s usually poop, and go thru the IG feed. Try to find some new tips/tricks/pointers to take in the gym with me that day.