PDA

View Full Version : First time I had to do this...

spartan300
06-29-18, 4:15 pm
A funny thing happened to me while checking out at the grocery store today. There i was going about my business unloading my cart kind of oblivious to the people around me until I hear this little squeaky voice say "Hey you're no animal"! It was just the cashier trying to be cute.She of course was referring to my very stylish ANIMAL T that I was sporting. People found her little comment to be quite humorous, I for one just thought she was being a total ass but amongst the giggles and snide remarks I thought do I pass up this teaching moment I quickly came to my senses and decided NAH! These good people needed to know exactly what it meant to be ANIMAL, and what the shirt represented. So after a 15 minute dissertation I am pleased to announce that all the folks in that line and surrounding area as well as store security will now know what it means next time they see anything even remotely resembling the ANIMAL logo.

npcdusty
06-29-18, 4:34 pm
Teach them and they will come!

A funny thing happened to me while checking out at the grocery store today. There i was going about my business unloading my cart kind of oblivious to the people around me until I hear this little squeaky voice say "Hey you're no animal"! It was just the cashier trying to be cute.She of course was referring to my very stylish ANIMAL T that I was sporting. People found her little comment to be quite humorous, I for one just thought she was being a total ass but amongst the giggles and snide remarks I thought do I pass up this teaching moment I quickly came to my senses and decided NAH! These good people needed to know exactly what it meant to be ANIMAL, and what the shirt represented. So after a 15 minute dissertation I am pleased to announce that all the folks in that line and surrounding area as well as store security will now know what it means next time they see anything even remotely resembling the ANIMAL logo.

spartan300
06-29-18, 4:52 pm
Teach them and they will come!No one saw that coming Dusty LOL!!

BigChrisF
06-29-18, 5:22 pm
Fifteen minutes?! I bet they all regret the fuck out of that comment.

spartan300
06-29-18, 6:47 pm
Fifteen minutes?! I bet they all regret the fuck out of that comment.I'm a Crotchety old fuck when I need to be ;)

N. Motta
07-02-18, 11:01 am
You got riled up over a cute comment from a grocery store cashier? And did I understand that right, you lectured them for 15 minutes??

I for one pray that you're exaggerating or pulling our leg. Because that is one of the lamest fucking things I've ever heard. In the event that you actually are serious, it is a certainty that if any of those people see the Animal logo again, they're going to assume whoever is wearing it, is the biggest douche bag outside the cast of Jersey Shore. Strong work.

Get over yourself.

spartan300
07-02-18, 5:56 pm
you got riled up over a cute comment from a grocery store cashier? And did i understand that right, you lectured them for 15 minutes??

I for one pray that you're exaggerating or pulling our leg. Because that is one of the lamest fucking things i've ever heard. In the event that you actually are serious, it is a certainty that if any of those people see the animal logo again, they're going to assume whoever is wearing it, is the biggest douche bag outside the cast of jersey shore. Strong work.

Get over yourself.'nuff said!
Mr. Motta is It? If you don't know the circumstances surrounding the incident why would you assume I'm the douche? We are expected to be tolerant of others right Mr. Motta? No judgements right? I do my part conforming to societies rules my friend. But when someone infringes on my liberties I have to draw a hard line. THANKS for having my back brother. No where did I state that profanity was used during the exchange nor did I raise my voice. I merely explained that the word ANIMAL that appeared on my shirt represents a brotherhood that is forged with blood,sweat, and tears. A group of people dedicated to there craft. You talk the talk brother. But I seriously have to question if you WALK THE WALK.

Altered Beast
07-03-18, 10:49 am
'nuff said!
Mr. Motta is It? If you don't know the circumstances surrounding the incident why would you assume I'm the douche? We are expected to be tolerant of others right Mr. Motta? No judgements right? I do my part conforming to societies rules my friend. But when someone infringes on my liberties I have to draw a hard line. THANKS for having my back brother. No where did I state that profanity was used during the exchange nor did I raise my voice. I merely explained that the word ANIMAL that appeared on my shirt represents a brotherhood that is forged with blood,sweat, and tears. A group of people dedicated to there craft. You talk the talk brother. But I seriously have to question if you WALK THE WALK.

LOL! Don't take him too seriously he likes to start shit =)

Altered Beast
07-03-18, 10:50 am
You got riled up over a cute comment from a grocery store cashier? And did I understand that right, you lectured them for 15 minutes??

I for one pray that you're exaggerating or pulling our leg. Because that is one of the lamest fucking things I've ever heard. In the event that you actually are serious, it is a certainty that if any of those people see the Animal logo again, they're going to assume whoever is wearing it, is the biggest douche bag outside the cast of Jersey Shore. Strong work.

Get over yourself.

Back at it again =)

spartan300
07-03-18, 11:06 am
LOL! Don't take him too seriously he likes to start shit =) I needed that Beast.

Altered Beast
07-03-18, 4:51 pm
I needed that Beast.

All is good my man! I see both sides; however, I do enjoy seeing intelligent seniors educating young dumb twits. Makes me have faith in the human race!

Oh, you can bet I'll be a bigger dick when I'm old and crotchety =)

spartan300
07-03-18, 7:09 pm
All is good my man! I see both sides; however, I do enjoy seeing intelligent seniors educating young dumb twits. Makes me have faith in the human race!

Oh, you can bet I'll be a bigger dick when I'm old and crotchety =) I hope you never have to sink to that level Beast.

Rex
07-07-18, 9:39 am

Get over yourself.

I´m totally siding with you on this one, Motta.

spartan300
07-08-18, 3:03 am
I´m totally siding with you on this one, Motta.I would' ve bet money on that one LOL!!

Nmowery
07-08-18, 4:56 pm
I would' ve bet money on that one LOL!!

In all honesty, some people take this shit way too serious. Like...I train hard and consistently, and it’s become my number one priority outside of work and family - and for many out there, they do this shit for a living as well - but at the end of the day, we’re talking about dudes picking things up and putting them down. Regardless of our individual reasons or passions, most in the outside world don’t give a rats ass.

There was a gym about an hour away from me that held a sort of ABC type event yesterday that some people I train with attended, and the shit was just comical to me. The FB event post was like “come on out to our big massive epic training party! It’s gonna be super lit, and there’s gonna be ____ media there to capture it all!”

I saved my gas money, entrance fee, and the 2 hours round trip and trained by myself in the AM. I did the same shit in an empty gym by myself that I would have with 20 people standing around screaming, and holding a fuckin phone in my face - just so that they can talk about how “savage” they are on social media.

spartan300
07-09-18, 1:46 am
I have never bullied or publically criticized nor humiliated anyone for any reason. So I would expect the same in return. Reasonable, no? I don't voice my opinion to someone sporting a satanic tattoo. Why? Because that would be rude. I always reserve commentary on Muslim women wearing hijabs fully covering everything but there eyes or Pakistani men dressed in long flowing gowns. Why because that would be downright disrespectful. If that same cashier who felt the need to single me out for my t shirt would've let say asked a "cute" question about a rainbow t shirt she'd be on the 6 o'clock news. So shame on me for defending something that is important to me.

Rex
07-09-18, 10:42 am
In all honesty, some people take this shit way too serious. Like...I train hard and consistently, and it’s become my number one priority outside of work and family - and for many out there, they do this shit for a living as well - but at the end of the day, we’re talking about dudes picking things up and putting them down. Regardless of our individual reasons or passions, most in the outside world don’t give a rats ass.

There was a gym about an hour away from me that held a sort of ABC type event yesterday that some people I train with attended, and the shit was just comical to me. The FB event post was like “come on out to our big massive epic training party! It’s gonna be super lit, and there’s gonna be ____ media there to capture it all!”

I saved my gas money, entrance fee, and the 2 hours round trip and trained by myself in the AM. I did the same shit in an empty gym by myself that I would have with 20 people standing around screaming, and holding a fuckin phone in my face - just so that they can talk about how “savage” they are on social media.

I think what you´re talking about is the total opposite to the "Animal Mentality" and brotherhood Spartan was lecturing these poor people about but I agree on the "take this shit way too serious." part.

Rex
07-09-18, 10:43 am
I would' ve bet money on that one LOL!!

Everybody is always laughing about these idiot vegans trying to push their view of the world onto everybody. You basically did the same.

Altered Beast
07-09-18, 11:50 am
Everybody is always laughing about these idiot vegans trying to push their view of the world onto everybody. You basically did the same.

Sometimes, standing for what you believe, means standing alone.

spartan300
07-09-18, 2:07 pm
everybody is always laughing about these idiot vegans trying to push their view of the world onto everybody. You basically did the same.🤤wow!! Someone needs to check this guy. I don't belittle or berate. Respect differences. I inspire, inform and educate about Animal son without insulting comments. That comment should be stricken and you my friend should be admonished!

spartan300
07-09-18, 2:09 pm
Sometimes, standing for what you believe, means standing alone.Thanks Bubba!

Bean
07-09-18, 5:01 pm
I have no issues what so ever with this. I truly think people are looking too far into this or the story at that. The story was about a guy that explained to others what his shirt meant after they had commented on it without knowing the power behind the brand. Did the clerk care? probably not. Did the people waiting in line care? probably so because I know I want to get through that line as fast as possible. But did it make any of them think or google it later when they got home? Who knows...but maybe some kid in the next line over heard this and was looking for direction. We all share knowledge with others...our deliveries are just different. From what I see, Spartan has been trying to spark the board with threads and always responding to others. I value him and he is an Animal.

spartan300
07-09-18, 6:25 pm
I have no issues what so ever with this. I truly think people are looking too far into this or the story at that. The story was about a guy that explained to others what his shirt meant after they had commented on it without knowing the power behind the brand. Did the clerk care? probably not. Did the people waiting in line care? probably so because I know I want to get through that line as fast as possible. But did it make any of them think or google it later when they got home? Who knows...but maybe some kid in the next line over heard this and was looking for direction. We all share knowledge with others...our deliveries are just different. From what I see, Spartan has been trying to spark the board with threads and always responding to others. I value him and he is an Animal.😁much respect my brother!

Nmowery
07-10-18, 10:53 am
I have no issues what so ever with this. I truly think people are looking too far into this or the story at that. The story was about a guy that explained to others what his shirt meant after they had commented on it without knowing the power behind the brand. Did the clerk care? probably not. Did the people waiting in line care? probably so because I know I want to get through that line as fast as possible. But did it make any of them think or google it later when they got home? Who knows...but maybe some kid in the next line over heard this and was looking for direction. We all share knowledge with others...our deliveries are just different. From what I see, Spartan has been trying to spark the board with threads and always responding to others. I value him and he is an Animal.

Maybe someone “learned” something - but let’s be real, the most likely outcome is that a bunch of people rolled their eyes, thought to themselves “damn I wonder what he’d do if she walked on his lawn”, and some girl is now afraid to talk to costumers at work.

Altered Beast
07-10-18, 11:24 am

I feel the same way. Glad it's not just me =)

spartan300
07-10-18, 11:44 am
Maybe someone “learned” something - but let’s be real, the most likely outcome is that a bunch of people rolled their eyes, thought to themselves “damn I wonder what he’d do if she walked on his lawn”, and some girl is now afraid to talk to costumers at work.
I find it quite interesting how each of you have responded to this thread.

Nmowery
07-10-18, 2:22 pm
I find it quite interesting how each of you have responded to this thread.

That is true - and I’m not going to act like my personal experiences don’t play into that - I work with the public day in and day out, and constantly hear people bitching about the dumbest shit, or going off about things that are completely out of control. In most instances, I’d love nothing more than to tell them to go screw themselves.

Bean
07-10-18, 2:39 pm
That is true - and I’m not going to act like my personal experiences don’t play into that - I work with the public day in and day out, and constantly hear people bitching about the dumbest shit, or going off about things that are completely out of control. In most instances, I’d love nothing more than to tell them to go screw themselves.

Me as well...I run an adolescent substance abuse rehab by day and manage a bar at night... I get the spectrum of ridiculous thoughts, rants, and verbal diarrhea. However, I will never put anyone down for their beliefs. I may just listen and wait for it to be done and move on or I may interject and share some of my own thoughts and see where it goes. At the end of the day a lesson or two was hopefully learned. The cashier learned to not comment about customers shirts. The people in line learned to never get behind Spartan in line ever again. Spartan learned that some people in these threads can be semi rude. They all know more today than they did yesterday and I call that growth. The glass is always half full

spartan300
07-10-18, 2:43 pm
That is true - and I’m not going to act like my personal experiences don’t play into that - I work with the public day in and day out, and constantly hear people bitching about the dumbest shit, or going off about things that are completely out of control. In most instances, I’d love nothing more than to tell them to go screw themselves. 25 of which dealing with drunks, drug addicts thugs and the like. I do know how to treat people and I do know how to convey a message without being loud and obnoxious which so many of you have found me guilty of. If I didnt I seriously doubt I'd be here writing this.

Altered Beast
07-11-18, 11:01 am
The glass is always half full

ALWAYS!

I'm naturally hot headed and have been in more fist fights than I can count. Later I realized, it's not worth my time or energy but it is good to know if something goes down I'll always be on top =) glass half full, right? =)

25 of which dealing with drunks, drug addicts thugs and the like. I do know how to treat people and I do know how to convey a message without being loud and obnoxious which so many of you have found me guilty of. If I didnt I seriously doubt I'd be here writing this.

You should have been here years ago. We had a bunch of idiots (probably on a bunch of bunk UGL gear) that constantly blabbed like stark raving lunatics. I'd have fun fucking with them but so many people took it the wrong way and got seriously butt hurt. I never understood how words over the internet could mess with peoples' heads so easily.

Cellardweller
07-11-18, 11:30 am

This is the typical response of anyone getting a lecture or hearing one. You could say the same if this occurred in the gym and not a grocery store. Its the same when you tell your kid why they shouldn't have done that thing, or your boss says your company needs a culture change.

Yes, the danger is getting too full of yourself. Most of us here are probably the strongest or one of the strongest in our respective gyms. Even the pros here can fall into the "I'm better than you and that's why I'm a pro sponsored athlete" trap. We all need to stay humble. Ego can wreck your lifts and your reputation too.

Bean
07-11-18, 11:31 am
[QUOTE=Altered Beast; I'm naturally hot headed and have been in more fist fights than I can count. Later I realized, it's not worth my time or energy but it is good to know if something goes down I'll always be on top =) glass half full, right? =)QUOTE]

Works for me

Altered Beast
07-11-18, 12:16 pm
This is the typical response of anyone getting a lecture or hearing one. You could say the same if this occurred in the gym and not a grocery store. Its the same when you tell your kid why they shouldn't have done that thing, or your boss says your company needs a culture change.

Yes, the danger is getting too full of yourself. Most of us here are probably the strongest or one of the strongest in our respective gyms. Even the pros here can fall into the "I'm better than you and that's why I'm a pro sponsored athlete" trap. We all need to stay humble. Ego can wreck your lifts and your reputation too.

Pride goeth before the fall.

spartan300
07-12-18, 2:20 am
Pride goeth before the fall.I hear that my brother.

Buckfever
07-17-18, 8:06 am
I would have flirted with her and made her blush. Oh wait that was yesterday, different story...

spartan300
07-17-18, 8:54 am
I would have flirted with her and made her blush. Oh wait that was yesterday, different story...Buck you old rascal you!

Altered Beast
07-17-18, 10:29 am
I would have flirted with her and made her blush. Oh wait that was yesterday, different story...

LOL! They're all too easy my man. Ask em out, feed em cranberry vodkas and their panties magically drop! =)

Back in the old days.....LOL!!!!!!

spartan300
07-17-18, 10:43 am
LOL! They're all too easy my man. Ask em out, feed em cranberry vodkas and their panties magically drop! =)

Back in the old days.....LOL!!!!!! You are such a charmer Beast!

Altered Beast
07-17-18, 12:55 pm
You are such a charmer Beast!

LOL! Doesn't mean I participated in that kind of behavior.