PDA

View Full Version : What works best for you?

spartan300
07-01-18, 5:00 am
Pasta or Potato? Oatmeal? Cream of wheat? Which carb foods work best for you? (In terms of enhancing performance).

LayzieBone085
07-01-18, 6:32 am
All carb sources work. The key things are
- Portion / Amount
- Digestion
- Absorption
- Amount of caloric intake

There is no point in eating sources that causes bloating or digestion issues. For some people who don't have a lot of calories to work with in offseason or contest prep you won't see them eat as much pasta, bagels, and other caloric dense carb sources or else they will feel starved due to the volume of their food. This is a VERY Black and white question

For contest prep I stick to rice cakes & rice just due to how easy they digest and go do down and portability. I personally find larger portions of potatoes and oatmeal bloat me so I avoid them. Same with broccoli (as a vegetable) So I just totally eliminate them because its not worth knowing these food sources are not helping me and my digestion.

If i had the flexibility in offseason I would throw in more english muffins, bagels, pasta , and utilize intra-workout HBCD when i have the flexibility to use them for maximum performance and setting myself up in an optimal environment for recovery and athletic performance.

spartan300
07-01-18, 2:39 pm
all carb sources work. The key things are
- portion / amount
- digestion
- absorption
- amount of caloric intake

there is no point in eating sources that causes bloating or digestion issues. For some people who don't have a lot of calories to work with in offseason or contest prep you won't see them eat as much pasta, bagels, and other caloric dense carb sources or else they will feel starved due to the volume of their food. This is a very black and white question

for contest prep i stick to rice cakes & rice just due to how easy they digest and go do down and portability. I personally find larger portions of potatoes and oatmeal bloat me so i avoid them. Same with broccoli (as a vegetable) so i just totally eliminate them because its not worth knowing these food sources are not helping me and my digestion.

If i had the flexibility in offseason i would throw in more english muffins, bagels, pasta , and utilize intra-workout hbcd when i have the flexibility to use them for maximum performance and setting myself up in an optimal environment for recovery and athletic performance.Great post! Thanks Bones!

Rex
07-02-18, 6:25 pm
All carb sources work. The key things are
- Portion / Amount
- Digestion
- Absorption
- Amount of caloric intake

There is no point in eating sources that causes bloating or digestion issues. For some people who don't have a lot of calories to work with in offseason or contest prep you won't see them eat as much pasta, bagels, and other caloric dense carb sources or else they will feel starved due to the volume of their food. This is a VERY Black and white question

For contest prep I stick to rice cakes & rice just due to how easy they digest and go do down and portability. I personally find larger portions of potatoes and oatmeal bloat me so I avoid them. Same with broccoli (as a vegetable) So I just totally eliminate them because its not worth knowing these food sources are not helping me and my digestion.

If i had the flexibility in offseason I would throw in more english muffins, bagels, pasta , and utilize intra-workout HBCD when i have the flexibility to use them for maximum performance and setting myself up in an optimal environment for recovery and athletic performance.

For all of the above mentioned reasons I stick to rice based carb sources only.
In the offseason I sometimes have a little frosted flakes which are corn based and carb powders.

spartan300
07-02-18, 6:37 pm
for all of the above mentioned reasons i stick to rice based carb sources only.
In the offseason i sometimes have a little frosted flakes which are corn based and carb powders.sexy Rexy is a corn flakes man! (me too😁)

ChrisTuttle
07-02-18, 9:01 pm
Pasta or Potato? Oatmeal? Cream of wheat? Which carb foods work best for you? (In terms of enhancing performance).

Cream of rice works best for me for it does not cause me anytype of GI distress. Also Pineapple and oranges.

ChrisTuttle
07-02-18, 9:01 pm
sexy Rexy is a corn flakes man! (me too😁)

HAHHAHha

Rex
07-05-18, 10:46 am
sexy Rexy is a corn flakes man! (me too😁)

Well... IŽll take that as a compliment coming from you.

Rex
07-05-18, 10:47 am
Cream of rice works best for me for it does not cause me anytype of GI distress. Also Pineapple and oranges.

Your gut is pretty prickly...

ChrisTuttle
07-05-18, 7:00 pm
Your gut is pretty prickly...

It is horrible. I used to be able to eat cups and cups of oats per day and not have any problem. Now I cannot eat oats all.

Rex
07-06-18, 10:48 am
It is horrible. I used to be able to eat cups and cups of oats per day and not have any problem. Now I cannot eat oats all.

Over the last few years I seem to be noticing the exact same process happening in my body.
Do you know why this is happening to us?

I used to love oatmeal when I started training at 16 years old. Before that I didnŽt even know what oatmeal was but FLEX said all the pros ate it for breakfast do I did it 3-4 times a day :D ...I thought I found the secret.