PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys deal with random comments from strangers?

Nmowery
07-18-18, 9:36 pm
Ok, let me preface this by saying I’m not the biggest or strongest guy out there...I’m 6’, 245 but I’m not all that lean, but have a pretty wide back, big traps, etc.

Anyways...I work with the public and constantly have people making comments to me about how big I am, and blah blah blah. I’m not the most social guy in the world, so I really don’t know how to take it when people say this stuff. I guess my thing is that I don’t lift to impress other people, I do that shit to push my own limits and to satisfy my self, so it’s just odd to me that people find it ok to just randomly say shit about it. Like, I wouldn’t bring it up in conversation if someone had a huge mole on their face, so why do I have to hear about being more built than your average fat slob?

spartan300
07-19-18, 12:17 am
Ok, let me preface this by saying I’m not the biggest or strongest guy out there...I’m 6’, 245 but I’m not all that lean, but have a pretty wide back, big traps, etc.

Anyways...I work with the public and constantly have people making comments to me about how big I am, and blah blah blah. I’m not the most social guy in the world, so I really don’t know how to take it when people say this stuff. I guess my thing is that I don’t lift to impress other people, I do that shit to push my own limits and to satisfy my self, so it’s just odd to me that people find it ok to just randomly say shit about it. Like, I wouldn’t bring it up in conversation if someone had a huge mole on their face, so why do I have to hear about being more built than your average fat slob?
Unfortunately Mo to negatively react to an openly ignorant comment made by some person who ain't worth the sweat off your balls will only reflect poorly on you. A witty retort will usually silence even the biggest jerk off. Clever one liners with a little levity always diffuses a potentially uncomfortable situation. Remember it is better to be thought a fool then to speak and eliminate all doubt.Choose your words wisely. 😉

0RiFt0
07-19-18, 2:32 am
All you can do is laugh it off and remember that they are just awkwardly giving you a compliment not trying to make you feel shit.

That being said if one more asshole I work with comment on my eating schedule I'm gonna have some choice words about their love handles

N. Motta
07-19-18, 10:03 am
Unfortunately Mo to negatively react to an openly ignorant comment made by some person who ain't worth the sweat off your balls will only reflect poorly on you.

...I thought do I pass up this teaching moment I quickly came to my senses and decided NAH! So after a 15 minute dissertation I am pleased to announce that all the folks in that line and surrounding area as well as store security will now know what it means...

Remember it is better to be thought a fool then to speak and eliminate all doubt.

Brilliant.

Altered Beast
07-19-18, 10:45 am

LOL! I go through the same shit. 6' 274 Pounds (currently) myself. I'm an owner's son and everyone the company I work for jacks with me constantly about my food consumption, my huge rotund ass, etc. It never stops all you have to do is laugh! If people mess with you in a playful manner it means they like being around you. I have zero clue why humans act this way, but most do.

My favorite so far: "MAN! Your like a Jukebox with legs! How do you fit through the door?"
My retort was: "I turn sideways with a big grin on my face!"

Shuts em up rather quickly. Like Spartan said, gotta be witty and to the point.

All you can do is laugh it off and remember that they are just awkwardly giving you a compliment not trying to make you feel shit.

That being said if one more asshole I work with comment on my eating schedule I'm gonna have some choice words about their love handles

LOL! Gotta let it roll off of your shoulders my man! What we do is FAR from normal. Lifting, eating 6-7 times, etc all seem normal to us, but for 99% of people we deal with day to day it's anything but normal.

I say FUCK EM! Who honestly cares what other people think? I never have; otherwise, I'd be a good boy playing golf at some dumbass country club full of fake people and have a big beer belly.

To Quote the legendary George Carlin, "Fuck em in the asshole with a big rubber dick!" L O L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spartan300
07-19-18, 11:17 am

Brilliant. How do you get away with your inflammatory rhetoric and not be penalized on this board? You take things totally out of context and then inject your venomous insights to create a hostile environment. Poisoning the few who want to contribute and see this forum flourish. I was banned from this board years ago for some petty non sense and yet here you are ALLOWED to spew your toxic and contorted views without reprisal. Must be nice.

spartan300
07-19-18, 11:39 am
LOL! I go through the same shit. 6' 274 Pounds (currently) myself. I'm an owner's son and everyone the company I work for jacks with me constantly about my food consumption, my huge rotund ass, etc. It never stops all you have to do is laugh! If people mess with you in a playful manner it means they like being around you. I have zero clue why humans act this way, but most do.

My favorite so far: "MAN! Your like a Jukebox with legs! How do you fit through the door?"
My retort was: "I turn sideways with a big grin on my face!"

Shuts em up rather quickly. Like Spartan said, gotta be witty and to the point.

LOL! Gotta let it roll off of your shoulders my man! What we do is FAR from normal. Lifting, eating 6-7 times, etc all seem normal to us, but for 99% of people we deal with day to day it's anything but normal.

I say FUCK EM! Who honestly cares what other people think? I never have; otherwise, I'd be a good boy playing golf at some dumbass country club full of fake people and have a big beer belly.

To Quote the legendary George Carlin, "Fuck em in the asshole with a big rubber dick!" L O L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love his shit!

Bean
07-19-18, 12:03 pm
I hear you guys loud and clear. I'm a little over 6'3 and walk around just under 400. My arms on a good pump day are as big as some people's thighs. With that being said, I always get, "Do you want to arm wrestle? " or "How much can you bench?" I get more questions on a regular basis but those are the two that drive me up the wall. My response always is, " No, I don't arm wrestle because I am afraid you will hurt my arm and destroy me in front of everyone. How about we just tell every one that you won." and with the bench question, " 25 pounds." with a shit eating grin. I often feel insecure when people come up to me in the gym and say I am strong or give me complements...unsure why that is because that is the place were we are all trying to get better and support one another. The only other place I ever felt like a spectacle or a sideshow freak was when I lived in Korea and would eat at a table on the street and people walking by would stop and stare and be surprised that I was eating what I was eating and knew how to eat it. Felt like an animal in the zoo at feeding time with all the people watching.

spartan300
07-19-18, 12:35 pm
I hear you guys loud and clear. I'm a little over 6'3 and walk around just under 400. My arms on a good pump day are as big as some people's thighs. With that being said, I always get, "Do you want to arm wrestle? " or "How much can you bench?" I get more questions on a regular basis but those are the two that drive me up the wall. My response always is, " No, I don't arm wrestle because I am afraid you will hurt my arm and destroy me in front of everyone. How about we just tell every one that you won." and with the bench question, " 25 pounds." with a shit eating grin. I often feel insecure when people come up to me in the gym and say I am strong or give me complements...unsure why that is because that is the place were we are all trying to get better and support one another. The only other place I ever felt like a spectacle or a sideshow freak was when I lived in Korea and would eat at a table on the street and people walking by would stop and stare and be surprised that I was eating what I was eating and knew how to eat it. Felt like an animal in the zoo at feeding time with all the people watching. Bean, both you and Beast are mountainous men. To the average person on the street you are an anomaly. Men of your stature are bound to evoke both positive and negative commentary as well as some pretty dumb questions. Learning to deal with ignorant and narrow minded remarks come with the territory of being LARGE AND IN CHARGE!
Let them gawk big man, on what genetic perfection looks like! Let them feast there eyes! It's your gift to them. Oh what fools these mortals be!
Stay massive my friend!

Nmowery
07-19-18, 5:54 pm
I hear you guys loud and clear. I'm a little over 6'3 and walk around just under 400. My arms on a good pump day are as big as some people's thighs. With that being said, I always get, "Do you want to arm wrestle? " or "How much can you bench?" I get more questions on a regular basis but those are the two that drive me up the wall. My response always is, " No, I don't arm wrestle because I am afraid you will hurt my arm and destroy me in front of everyone. How about we just tell every one that you won." and with the bench question, " 25 pounds." with a shit eating grin. I often feel insecure when people come up to me in the gym and say I am strong or give me complements...unsure why that is because that is the place were we are all trying to get better and support one another. The only other place I ever felt like a spectacle or a sideshow freak was when I lived in Korea and would eat at a table on the street and people walking by would stop and stare and be surprised that I was eating what I was eating and knew how to eat it. Felt like an animal in the zoo at feeding time with all the people watching.

Duuuuuuuude I had the animal at the zoo feeling recently when I was getting my bench on, and 2 younger kids were intently staring me down the entire time. I was doing some reverse band presses, so had to put more weight on the bar than usual, but nothing obscene - top sets were between 365-385, but these guys had apparently never seen more than 3 plates on a barbell.

Idk why I was so unnerved by being watched for just a few minutes, but now I know why women steer clear of the weight room..

Bean
07-20-18, 10:35 am
Duuuuuuuude I had the animal at the zoo feeling recently when I was getting my bench on, and 2 younger kids were intently staring me down the entire time. I was doing some reverse band presses, so had to put more weight on the bar than usual, but nothing obscene - top sets were between 365-385, but these guys had apparently never seen more than 3 plates on a barbell.

Idk why I was so unnerved by being watched for just a few minutes, but now I know why women steer clear of the weight room..

Ha ha.. I had that same thing happen over a year ago with grown men. Three guys were just standing and watching me bench. I knew I had an audience and was curious why they were just standing and watching and whispering amongst themselves. After my set a woman came over to explain that her husband and his friends were shocked to see what I was doing and she asked if I had any pointers she could go back and give them because they didn't have the balls to come ask me themselves. I told her my lifting schedule and said they are more than welcome to join me anytime so they can learn my lifting routine for themselves by putting it into action. I also said that I am not waiting for them if they are late. Sure enough they showed up the next day and we all lifted arms. Since then... the husband and wife have dropped out but the other two have been lifting with me daily for over a year. The most consistent training partners I have ever had... and I might even wait a few extra minutes if they are running late from work. Crazy how things go.

Nmowery
07-20-18, 10:42 am
That’s cool that you were able to turn it into a situation where you picked up some training partners...but I’d never seen these guys before, and haven’t since. And when I say kids, they're probably in their early 20s. And don’t get me wrong - I’ve stopped what I’m doing to look across the gym and watch someone make a big lift before, but these guys...their shit was on another level. Just a constant, deadpan stare as I was loading the bar, putting on my wraps, settting up, etc. Shit was just weird lol.

Altered Beast
07-20-18, 11:12 am
Bean, both you and Beast are mountainous men. To the average person on the street you are an anomaly. Men of your stature are bound to evoke both positive and negative commentary as well as some pretty dumb questions. Learning to deal with ignorant and narrow minded remarks come with the territory of being LARGE AND IN CHARGE!
Let them gawk big man, on what genetic perfection looks like! Let them feast there eyes! It's your gift to them. Oh what fools these mortals be!
Stay massive my friend!

#HOOGELIFE =)

Where I come from, if people are staring at you it's because they want to brawl. I know that is not how it is these days because lazy ass parents don't teach their 85 IQ kids that staring is RUDE! Venture out of the city (hell even in the city) if you consistently stare someone down they're 9/10 times likely to get in your face!

I've run off so many people from gyms, fuck em! I always look back at them, "DO YOU STICK KIDS HAVE A PROBLEM?" That's of course, if they continue to stare and don't actually walk up to me and ask questions. It was decent at a hardcore gym I used to train at because kids and even ladies would jump in with me and lift! That was actually kind of fun =) commerical gyms, well, we can talk about the maladies all day but's its no longer fun because it's nothing but a constant annoyance. LOL!!!!!!!! Garage Gym's for life!

Nmowery
07-21-18, 1:33 pm
I can’t wait for the day I can be equipped to lift at home. Just yesterday, I went and deadlifted with a PL “team” that a trainer at my gym has put together. A couple of the guys I’ve known for a while, but most I’ve seen around a couple times but don’t even know their names. Apparently after I left, a couple of them asked a good friend of mine if I was gay, because I was “walking funny” after my sets.

The only thing that I found funny was these motherfuckers standing around talking all day, taking literally 2 hours to do 5 working sets of deadlifts, while I was in there out-working their asses with a pulled hamstring, a hernia, and a fucked up knee. You’re goddamned right I’m gonna be walking funny after my sets...it’s cool tho, cause none of them have the sack to bring that kind of bullshit to my face, and I’m gonna fucking slaughter them on the platform.

spartan300
07-21-18, 2:02 pm
I can’t wait for the day I can be equipped to lift at home. Just yesterday, I went and deadlifted with a PL “team” that a trainer at my gym has put together. A couple of the guys I’ve known for a while, but most I’ve seen around a couple times but don’t even know their names. Apparently after I left, a couple of them asked a good friend of mine if I was gay, because I was “walking funny” after my sets.

The only thing that I found funny was these motherfuckers standing around talking all day, taking literally 2 hours to do 5 working sets of deadlifts, while I was in there out-working their asses with a pulled hamstring, a hernia, and a fucked up knee. You’re goddamned right I’m gonna be walking funny after my sets...it’s cool tho, cause none of them have the sack to bring that kind of bullshit to my face, and I’m gonna fucking slaughter them on the platform.Thats what lights the fire under your ass! We have rage issues bro!! LOL! I used to love being taunted by the powerlifters at the Y. "Hey pussy put some weight on the bar"! Back then bodybuilding took a back seat to olympic lifting and powerlifting. Really the Y's were more geared to meet there needs. I never got to use the good bench that was reserved for the big boys. Everyday Id bring my happy ass down there knowing Iwas going to catch shit for the first 5 or 10 minutes. I eventually would gain acceptance and respect from those guys for showing up everyday taking there shit and not uttering a word. Little did they know how much that impacted the intensity of my training. After I had won the state title, (at the ripe old age of 18) I was finally allowed to use the good bench!

Nmowery
07-21-18, 2:27 pm
What really kills me about it is that I’ve been going to the same gym week in and week out for almost 6 years now, have been geared towards PL for about 4, competing for about 3, and this trainer brings in all these dudes from who knows where, who don’t know shit about what they’re doing, and they’re gonna talk shit behind my back?

I can’t act like my few years experience are much of shit, but at first I was training on my own, watching all the big-ass, strong-ass guys putting in work in the westside rack off in the dark corner of the gym. Then one day, one of them told me I should start lifting with them - because they watched me putting in that solo work for months on end.

At that time, there were 2 guys who really guided all the PL in our gym, one of which who was in his 70s, and has set multiple world records in deadlifts, and is now in the IPL Hall of fame. Dude finally gave up lifting a few years ago, at age 74, because he had a heart attack while attempting to break his own world record. He moved to FL, then his main training partner got into a spat with management over his fees, and left for another gym.

Thing is...these dudes not only put in work, but set the example for how a workout should go. The next lifter up never loads his own weight. The order of lifters gets set at the beginning of the workout, and you better fuckin be ready when it’s your turn. As soon as the bar hits the floor or rack, it gets loaded for the next guy up. Shut the fuck up and watch when someone is lifting. If you talk between sets, make it mostly about training. When you’re done, rack your fucking weights.

I showed up yesterday and watched a goddamned clown show, and got scowled at for asking “who’s up next?” After the bar sat on the floor for 5 minutes without being touched. I listened to asshats obsess over which lever belt to get when they can hardly pull 3 plates, and what kind of donuts they want to have next week.

I almost wish I was gay, so I could tell them all how hard I’m gonna buttfuck them after repping their max for sets of 20...

Edit: damn I just wrote a book...or at least a chapter...

spartan300
07-21-18, 2:35 pm
What really kills me about it is that I’ve been going to the same gym week in and week out for almost 6 years now, have been geared towards PL for about 4, competing for about 3, and this trainer brings in all these dudes from who knows where, who don’t know shit about what they’re doing, and they’re gonna talk shit behind my back?

I can’t act like my few years experience are much of shit, but at first I was training on my own, watching all the big-ass, strong-ass guys putting in work in the westside rack off in the dark corner of the gym. Then one day, one of them told me I should start lifting with them - because they watched me putting in that solo work for months on end.

At that time, there were 2 guys who really guided all the PL in our gym, one of which who was in his 70s, and has set multiple world records in deadlifts, and is now in the IPL Hall of fame. Dude finally gave up lifting a few years ago, at age 74, because he had a heart attack while attempting to break his own world record. He moved to FL, then his main training partner got into a spat with management over his fees, and left for another gym.

Thing is...these dudes not only put in work, but set the example for how a workout should go. The next lifter up never loads his own weight. The order of lifters gets set at the beginning of the workout, and you better fuckin be ready when it’s your turn. As soon as the bar hits the floor or rack, it gets loaded for the next guy up. Shut the fuck up and watch when someone is lifting. If you talk between sets, make it mostly about training. When you’re done, rack your fucking weights.

I showed up yesterday and watched a goddamned clown show, and got scowled at for asking “who’s up next?” After the bar sat on the floor for 5 minutes without being touched. I listened to asshats obsess over which lever belt to get when they can hardly pull 3 plates, and what kind of donuts they want to have next week.

I almost wish I was gay, so I could tell them all how hard I’m gonna buttfuck them after repping their max for sets of 20...

Edit: damn I just wrote a book...or at least a chapter...You've earned your stripes brother! You're entitled to that chip on your shoulder
fucking mutts! I feel your pain Mo!

Nmowery
07-21-18, 4:07 pm
Man, I haven’t earned shit yet...trying tho!

Cellardweller
07-22-18, 12:02 am
I work with the public too. Normal people will ask “how much you bench?” or “how often do you lift?” or worst of all the will tell me how big I am. I hate that one. But really all they are doing is making conversation. They have no idea what I do or put myself through, nor do they really care.

Family is bad too. I know they love me and don’t see me often, but I hate when I get made into a big deal. An uncle recently said to me something about how I only go to the gym on days that end in Y. Really?

People in the gym are a different game. I don’t put up with crap in the gym. I really go off when someone is messing around my loaded bar when I’ve unracked it. Courtesy and respect go a long way in a place where being a jackass could cripple someone. I try to do my thing and get out. Earbuds in and right to business.

I think Kai Green said it best. We are not well adjusted people or we wouldn’t put ourselves through the shit we do. Just unracking 400 in the bench or walking out 500 in the cage hurts and you haven’t even started fighting against it yet. That’s the purest moment though, when it’s just you and the iron. Fuck other people. Let them stare. Let them talk. They don’t matter.

spartan300
07-22-18, 12:21 am
I work with the public too. Normal people will ask “how much you bench?” or “how often do you lift?” or worst of all the will tell me how big I am. I hate that one. But really all they are doing is making conversation. They have no idea what I do or put myself through, nor do they really care.

Family is bad too. I know they love me and don’t see me often, but I hate when I get made into a big deal. An uncle recently said to me something about how I only go to the gym on days that end in Y. Really?

People in the gym are a different game. I don’t put up with crap in the gym. I really go off when someone is messing around my loaded bar when I’ve unracked it. Courtesy and respect go a long way in a place where being a jackass could cripple someone. I try to do my thing and get out. Earbuds in and right to business.

I think Kai Green said it best. We are not well adjusted people or we wouldn’t put ourselves through the shit we do. Just unracking 400 in the bench or walking out 500 in the cage hurts and you haven’t even started fighting against it yet. That’s the purest moment though, when it’s just you and the iron. Fuck other people. Let them stare. Let them talk. They don’t matter.it's who we are. Preach on CD!

Altered Beast
07-23-18, 11:28 am
Lots of good stuff in here!!!!!!!!

Training at your own place is truly liberating! Highly highly recommended if you have the space.

spartan300
07-23-18, 12:19 pm
Lots of good stuff in here!!!!!!!!

Training at your own place is truly liberating! Highly highly recommended if you have the space.You might be to young to remember Beast but before the "GREAT FITNESS CRAZE" we looked forward to going to the gym, it was a pleasure seeing the same group day in day out. We spotted each other. We encouraged each other. I loved the camaraderie. I really miss that.

Nmowery
07-23-18, 1:42 pm
It’s always great to have good lifting partners - but they’re definitely hard to find, and trying to get schedules to match up is always a difficulty - even with my gym having 24 hour access.

ChrisTuttle
07-23-18, 5:23 pm

I wear lose clothes, change the subject, or have a good comeback.

Stranger: You are big what do you bench?
Me: I do not lift weights. I do Crossfit and jumping jacks.

Bean
07-23-18, 5:40 pm
I wear lose clothes, change the subject, or have a good comeback.

Stranger: You are big what do you bench?
Me: I do not lift weights. I do Crossfit and jumping jacks.

I will try the, " I don't lift weights." and wait for the confusion to set in.

ChrisTuttle
07-23-18, 5:55 pm

yeah! "I am actually an avid yoga enthusiast"

HAHAHH

spartan300
07-24-18, 11:09 am
yeah! "I am actually an avid yoga enthusiast"

HAHAHHDo they even sell yoga pants big enough to fit tree trunk quads!!!!!! For me NAMASTE away from that stretching shit! LOL!!

Nmowery
07-24-18, 11:17 am

I remember seeing mike Wolfe post something on FB a while back about a new guy at his work who was asking about lifting, and he swore up and down that he doesn’t work out. Said it took about 2 months before the guy believed him, and then he finally gave up the act.

Altered Beast
07-24-18, 11:56 am
You might be to young to remember Beast but before the "GREAT FITNESS CRAZE" we looked forward to going to the gym, it was a pleasure seeing the same group day in day out. We spotted each other. We encouraged each other. I loved the camaraderie. I really miss that.

Had something similar at a hardcore gym I used to train at. Was a mix of BBers, PLers, Strongmen, Olympic Weightlifters and shit tons of fit chicks. Before the owner of the gym got hardcore into drugs and hookers, the place was so much fun! Started spiraling out of control and I bounced before the place was locked up with my equipment inside! I kind of miss it myself, plenty of good peeps at the time.

Altered Beast
07-24-18, 11:58 am
I remember seeing mike Wolfe post something on FB a while back about a new guy at his work who was asking about lifting, and he swore up and down that he doesn’t work out. Said it took about 2 months before the guy believed him, and then he finally gave up the act.

It's fun to fuck with people who are about as sharp as a butter knife. If this country weren't so dumb it wouldn't be as entertaining =) Like George Carlin, "I'm a note taking guy. I get to sit and watch the freak show and point stuff out. I don't get emotionally involved and basically don't give a shit." LOL!!!!!!

ChrisTuttle
07-24-18, 4:25 pm
do they even sell yoga pants big enough to fit tree trunk quads!!!!!! For me namaste away from that stretching shit! Lol!!

bhahahhahha

BOSS
08-07-18, 3:48 pm
Just like telling tall guys they're tall lol

ChrisTuttle
08-07-18, 7:07 pm

HAHAH Yeah me too! "shit man you 7 feet?" HAHA

Nmowery
08-08-18, 8:39 am

Did you used to play basketball?!

Cellardweller
08-08-18, 12:18 pm

People just trying to make conversation. No different than if you were wearing a Detroit Lions shirt and someone asked you if you saw the game last night

Bean
08-08-18, 1:05 pm
working security for as long as I did...I have been called, "Bald fat fuck" easily 150 times. After my early 20's that insult only made me laugh. I would usually throw a wink their way and ask for something original.

spartan300
08-08-18, 2:44 pm
working security for as long as I did...I have been called, "Bald fat fuck" easily 150 times. After my early 20's that insult only made me laugh. I would usually throw a wink their way and ask for something original.But words can piss you off immensely! LOL!!

Altered Beast
08-08-18, 4:06 pm
But words can piss you off immensely! LOL!!

"Them is fightin words!" Ole Wild Wild West Texas talk right there =)

spartan300
08-08-18, 4:53 pm
"Them is fightin words!" Ole Wild Wild West Texas talk right there =)Heaven forbid you should call someone out for spewing ignorant remarks!.

Bean
08-08-18, 5:15 pm
But words can piss you off immensely! LOL!!

Yes, It took me a good 5-6 years to realize that I didn't need to react with physical aggression when it was only words.

spartan300
08-09-18, 4:04 am
Yes, It took me a good 5-6 years to realize that I didn't need to react with physical aggression when it was only words.
"You are a far better man then I Gunga Din"!

Wrath
08-14-18, 6:47 pm
I like it most of the time I like to stand out in a crowd. And just say thanks I’m trying. Then it starts with how much ya lift ?

Altered Beast
08-15-18, 12:20 pm
Heaven forbid you should call someone out for spewing ignorant remarks!.

LOL! True.

ChrisTuttle
08-15-18, 6:34 pm
Do they even sell yoga pants big enough to fit tree trunk quads!!!!!! For me NAMASTE away from that stretching shit! LOL!!

HAAH I am going to say yes considering the people I see walking around who SHOULD NOT be wearing yoga pants AHHAH

spartan300
08-16-18, 11:57 am
HAAH I am going to say yes considering the people I see walking around who SHOULD NOT be wearing yoga pants AHHAHlmao!

Rex
08-17-18, 1:13 pm

If it´s a nice comment or a joke I just play along and smile. If it´s something disrespectful I don´t respond at all or still smile. That pisses these guys off more than any other possible response.

Altered Beast
08-17-18, 2:46 pm
if it´s a nice comment or a joke i just play along and smile. If it´s something disrespectful i don´t respond at all or still smile. That pisses these guys off more than any other possible response.

so true!

Bean
08-20-18, 2:09 pm
If it´s a nice comment or a joke I just play along and smile. If it´s something disrespectful I don´t respond at all or still smile. That pisses these guys off more than any other possible response.

Just stand their and stare...no answer. Just stare and then continue with your sets. It would so much fun to watch that interaction.

Altered Beast
08-21-18, 11:29 am
Just stand their and stare...no answer. Just stare and then continue with your sets. It would so much fun to watch that interaction.

I've done that before it drives them nuts! Or you can just flat out intimidate them until they slowly back away =) that works well too.

spartan300
08-21-18, 11:41 am
But for most of us average joes it could create an awkward situation! LOL!