PDA

View Full Version : Core Training

justgettingstarted
12-21-18, 10:16 am
Quick question, what does everyone do to train their core? I feel like my core is what is holding my squat back, and I want to strengthen it. I have started doing planks, and ab wheels.

Bean
12-21-18, 10:56 am
Quick question, what does everyone do to train their core? I feel like my core is what is holding my squat back, and I want to strengthen it. I have started doing planks, and ab wheels.

I like doing sets of bench with my legs elevated and held together. It helps with the bench as well as forces me to keep the core tight throughout the whole set. Also some variations on the lower back extension machine, different angles and such. I am sure others will chime in with great ways they strengthen their core...good luck

ChrisTuttle
12-22-18, 5:56 am

You said it! Planks, side planks, and ab wheel are the best. Of course over head squats are really good to.

Nmowery
01-16-19, 8:18 pm
Late to the party...and this might just be me...but one thing that wrecks my abs that I never see coming is weighted pull-ups with a dip belt. Also...beltless front squatting will do it to you.