PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Wrath

MRmichael.hooker
12-27-18, 1:50 pm
For those who do not follow Animal’s IG, they announced earlier that they and Frank McGrath were going separate ways. I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ to Wrath himself as well as the Animal team for the unbelievable ads and motivation the two of them provided together over the years. From the magazine ads to posters to sharing Frank’s story (before AND after the wreck), I know they motivated hundreds (if not thousands) together. Best of luck to Wrath in his future endeavors.

Bean
12-27-18, 2:47 pm
Its like when your favorite player gets traded...you still follow them but it not the same.

Cellardweller
12-27-18, 3:22 pm
Can’t believe it. Wrath is Animal. I guess it was coming. All the OG guys are gone. The FORVM is mostly dead. The passion and old school vibe is gone. ABCs are gone. I can probably only name off half of the sponsored guys. Animal is becoming just another faceless supplement company. Everything that brought me here is gone. I continue to use the products, but it’s just not the same.

vinrich
12-27-18, 5:18 pm
Can’t believe it. Wrath is Animal. I guess it was coming. All the OG guys are gone. The FORVM is mostly dead. The passion and old school vibe is gone. ABCs are gone. I can probably only name off half of the sponsored guys. Animal is becoming just another faceless supplement company. Everything that brought me here is gone. I continue to use the products, but it’s just not the same.

Far from faceless.. Animal has the great Italian Stallion

spartan300
12-27-18, 5:50 pm
I hope it was an amicable split. Frank has done so much for the ANIMAL product line. I for one really hate to see him go and depending on the circumstances surrounding his departure will determine if I continue with my loyalty to this product line.

Rex
12-28-18, 8:09 am

You sound like grandpa reminiscing the "good ol´ days"... Hahaha

Rex
12-28-18, 8:10 am
I hope it was an amicable split. Frank has done so much for the ANIMAL product line. I for one really hate to see him go and depending on the circumstances surrounding his departure will determine if I continue with my loyalty to this product line.

How are you going to find out the true story?

Rex
12-28-18, 8:13 am

All jokes aside. It´s up US, you, me, Sparten, Bean, Beast, Chris, Nick... and all the other guys on here to keep OUR FORVM alive. If we´re not posting, interacting and putting in the effort it´s going to die. And no, posts complaining about how dead it is don´t count.

Cellardweller
12-28-18, 8:51 am
All jokes aside. It´s up US, you, me, Sparten, Bean, Beast, Chris, Nick... and all the other guys on here to keep OUR FORVM alive. If we´re not posting, interacting and putting in the effort it´s going to die. And no, posts complaining about how dead it is don´t count.

True

vinrich
12-28-18, 10:10 am
You sound like grandpa reminiscing the "good ol´ days"... Hahaha

"Get off my lawn" *Wearing Animal robe & slippers* hahaha

spartan300
12-28-18, 12:21 pm
How are you going to find out the true story?I would imagine a statement should be made at some point in time.

Cellardweller
12-28-18, 2:17 pm
From what I’ve been seeing on IG it seems amicable.

Bean
12-28-18, 3:36 pm

100%...it only takes a few with powerful words to start a revolution

BigChrisF
12-28-18, 4:49 pm

https://media.giphy.com/media/nGaNVNzpzdUpG/giphy.gif

spartan300
12-28-18, 5:06 pm
https://media.giphy.com/media/nGaNVNzpzdUpG/giphy.gifYou gotta love 'em!!

Rex
12-29-18, 10:15 am
100%...it only takes a few with powerful words to start a revolution

I´m not trying to revolutionize anything.
I´m just saying that it´s our fault if the FORVM is dying. If we don´t embrace and appreciate this platform its members will drain out. If we all keep adding content we will stick together.

Rex
12-29-18, 10:15 am
"Get off my lawn" *Wearing Animal robe & slippers* hahaha

Hahaha :D

spartan300
12-29-18, 10:59 am
I´m just saying that it´s our fault if the FORVM is dying. If we don´t embrace and appreciate this platform its members will drain out. If we all keep adding content we will stick together.I was on hiatus from this board for quite a while. Actually I was Booted off. Fortunately with a little coaxing I was reinstated. I will say, during that time I kind of missed not being able to comment or offer my opinions on asinine topics. LOL!! (just kidding)! but it was nice knowing the board was always there. All I can say is I'd miss it if it no longer existed.

spartan300
12-29-18, 11:04 am
I´m just saying that it´s our fault if the FORVM is dying. If we don´t embrace and appreciate this platform its members will drain out. If we all keep adding content we will stick together.I'll do my part!

spartan300
12-29-18, 11:14 am
100%...it only takes a few with powerful words to start a revolutionWe have seen the enemy and it is us. =(

Rex
12-31-18, 4:25 am
I was on hiatus from this board for quite a while. Actually I was Booted off. Fortunately with a little coaxing I was reinstated. I will say, during that time I kind of missed not being able to comment or offer my opinions on asinine topics. LOL!! (just kidding)! but it was nice knowing the board was always there. All I can say is I'd miss it if it no longer existed.

How long have you been banned?
I joined December 2013 and I just noticed you posting a couple months ago...
...and although we´ve already butted heads a few times I enjoy having you here. A little ball busting here and there makes things more fun. As long as it doesn´t get flat out insulting like on most other boards.

Rex
12-31-18, 4:27 am
I'll do my part!

You sure have so far. Every other thread over the past few weeks has been launched by you. And we´ve gotten some great discussions out of your topics

spartan300
12-31-18, 9:40 am
You sure have so far. Every other thread over the past few weeks has been launched by you. And we´ve gotten some great discussions out of your topicsRex my friend in all honesty our success is due mostly in part to your contributions as well as Chris and the rest of our staffers that regularly post here. It's actually you guys that put the asses in the seats. So as long you make the effort so will I.

spartan300
12-31-18, 10:02 am
How long have you been banned?
I joined December 2013 and I just noticed you posting a couple months ago...
...and although we´ve already butted heads a few times I enjoy having you here. A little ball busting here and there makes things more fun. As long as it doesn´t get flat out insulting like on most other boards.I was gone for quite a while. Nice to see you can appreciate a sense of humor! LOL!!
Some folks here didn't find me so adorable LOL!!

spartan300
12-31-18, 10:04 am
Its like when your favorite player gets traded...you still follow them but it not the same.: (

Bean
12-31-18, 1:27 pm
I´m just saying that it´s our fault if the FORVM is dying. If we don´t embrace and appreciate this platform its members will drain out. If we all keep adding content we will stick together.

The word revolution was used in a way to state- keep things going in the right direction and to stand strong against others that say the forum is dying. It will be what we make it...if you don't water a flower is will probably die but if we care for it, it will grow and be great.

Bean
12-31-18, 1:32 pm
We have seen the enemy and it is us. =(

It is people who just accept defeat because it is hard to win. So what if social media is taking up most of the efforts... I like the forum. Yes, the forum is not booming but the content is solid. I would rather have a few grams of gold than a ton of shit.

naturalguy
01-03-19, 8:45 am

I can understand where you are coming from but times change and things evolve. Forums everywhere are not what they once were because of the rise in popularity of social media.

Wrath will always be part of our family, forever, he is ingrained. I think everyone involved would love for things to last forever, it's like someone said earlier - it's like your favorite sports player going and playing for another team. Wrath was with us for 15+ years which is pretty much unheard of in the supplement industry. He is one of my favorite people.

Bean
01-03-19, 10:52 am
I can understand where you are coming from but times change and things evolve. Forums everywhere are not what they once were because of the rise in popularity of social media.

Wrath will always be part of our family, forever, he is ingrained. I think everyone involved would love for things to last forever, it's like someone said earlier - it's like your favorite sports player going and playing for another team. Wrath was with us for 15+ years which is pretty much unheard of in the supplement industry. He is one of my favorite people.

I think what stood out to me was he felt real... much like Rex and Chris in here. They just feel honest. Change happens...change is good but adapting to change is difficult at times.

Cellardweller
01-03-19, 11:49 am
What I don’t like about social media is that it’s like a billboard on the express way. You see something and then it’s gone. Poof! Like I said, who wins the contests on IG? Sometimes an athlete or Animal has something awesome to say, inspire, inform, but then it’s gone. Blink and you miss it. Social media is ironically less social. There’s no community. The ABCs are gone because of that. The FORVM is a meeting place. Change isn’t always for the better.

naturalguy
01-03-19, 12:41 pm
I think what stood out to me was he felt real... much like Rex and Chris in here. They just feel honest. Change happens...change is good but adapting to change is difficult at times.

I can't disagree

What I don’t like about social media is that it’s like a billboard on the express way. You see something and then it’s gone. Poof! Like I said, who wins the contests on IG? Sometimes an athlete or Animal has something awesome to say, inspire, inform, but then it’s gone. Blink and you miss it. Social media is ironically less social. There’s no community. The ABCs are gone because of that. The FORVM is a meeting place. Change isn’t always for the better.

True, in today's day and age people have short attention spans, social feeds into that.

The ABC's still live and we want to make them robust again. We are having one in Los Angeles in a few weeks in conjunction with the LA Fit expo with Grant Higa and Dan Green at Barbell Brigade. The Arnold ABC is a go and we had one during the Olympia weekend. Deanna in Ohio just held one recently as well.

Altered Beast
01-03-19, 1:14 pm
I would imagine a statement should be made at some point in time.

It's always face saving corporate mumbo jumbo. Not saying that about Animal, just in general regarding public statements.

https://media.giphy.com/media/nGaNVNzpzdUpG/giphy.gif

L O L!!!!!!!!

E, you're incorrect my man! Social media is now dying faster than someone with aggressive cancer. FB participation is down massively & it continues to decline year after year and people (like my wife) are deactivating their accounts. It's become similar with Twitter and YouTube but everyone is still flocking to IG. I like IG and it's the only social media I check, PERIOD! But it's typically only for 5 minutes when I'm sitting on the toilet..... =) so it's for entertainment value and not much else.

Forums will make a big comeback. Maybe not today or in a year or two, but in the coming years. Zero bullshit, good debates and info gets shared without a lot of nonsense involved. AOL in the 90's got online media rolling, and 25 years later things are coming back around. Everything moves in cycles and I'm happy as hell to say it looks like the social media bubble is bursting.

Cellardweller
01-03-19, 1:33 pm
I can't disagree

True, in today's day and age people have short attention spans, social feeds into that.

The ABC's still live and we want to make them robust again. We are having one in Los Angeles in a few weeks in conjunction with the LA Fit expo with Grant Higa and Dan Green at Barbell Brigade. The Arnold ABC is a go and we had one during the Olympia weekend. Deanna in Ohio just held one recently as well.

There’s been some corporate sponsored ABCs but none organized by local ABC coordinators.

npcdusty
01-03-19, 2:25 pm
Yes there have been corporate and Local. I hold them here in Tennessee. Deanna has done Ohio, and there have been a few others lately as well. I will prob be doing one here in Tennessee again soon. ABCs are still Alive!

There’s been some corporate sponsored ABCs but none organized by local ABC coordinators.

Cellardweller
01-03-19, 2:43 pm
Yes there have been corporate and Local. I hold them here in Tennessee. Deanna has done Ohio, and there have been a few others lately as well. I will prob be doing one here in Tennessee again soon. ABCs are still Alive!

There’s been no traffic on the ABC thread

naturalguy
01-03-19, 2:55 pm

You are not wrong, it's just because there is less traffic here. Do you guys think it would be better to have a private Facebook group or no?

Bean
01-03-19, 4:06 pm
You are not wrong, it's just because there is less traffic here. Do you guys think it would be better to have a private Facebook group or no?

I stay off FB all together... wouldn't do me any good unless people transferred info onto the forum from that group

Cellardweller
01-03-19, 5:40 pm

Another problem with IG, if you’re not following everyone you don’t get all the info.

I appreciate you coming here and hearing us today Eric. I’m not normally a complainer, just voicing some concerns. I love Animal, love the FORVM and the brothers and sisters here.

Jay
01-03-19, 9:33 pm
I cant believe he is gone. I've followed him since I first started following the company. It seems like they parted on good terms, maybe Wrath just got busy and is moving on to better things. Maybe, someday, he will return to animal!

spartan300
01-03-19, 11:56 pm
Sorry to see you go brother. Your contributions to this forum far exceeded any of our expectations. Your no B.S. approach and gritty demeanor to training was the epitome of what it takes to be ANIMAL! You sold us the idea because you believed it. Hell, you lived it! The next guy is gonna have some pretty big shoes to fill! LOL!! Via con Dios Big Mac!!

jhenry
01-04-19, 5:22 pm

I organized the first Mass ABC last year and a few months ago I got one going in CT at powerhouse after we hadn’t had one in a while, have you tried to get one going? Don’t mean it in a rude way, I used to just look at the pages and say the same thing that there was never one close to me until I made it happen

jhenry
01-04-19, 5:25 pm
I cant believe he is gone. I've followed him since I first started following the company. It seems like they parted on good terms, maybe Wrath just got busy and is moving on to better things. Maybe, someday, he will return to animal!

It all started with Wrath for me, I got the animal arms dvd back in like 2007 and was hooked, he will be missed

jhenry
01-04-19, 5:31 pm
Other than Jay and Tuttle, i believe I haven’t had any response for the ABCs so I will agree with you on that cellardweller the responses have been almost non existent for some posts, I had the most success spreading the word on the 2 ABCs thru social media not the Forum unfortunately

Cellardweller
01-05-19, 2:40 pm
I organized the first Mass ABC last year and a few months ago I got one going in CT at powerhouse after we hadn’t had one in a while, have you tried to get one going? Don’t mean it in a rude way, I used to just look at the pages and say the same thing that there was never one close to me until I made it happen

I would love to have an ABC here. Even when there was more traffic here there were hardly any Michigan Animals. I have always had to drive to Ohio or Chicago for an ABC. I’d be down for having something at my gym if they were cool with it.

spartan300
01-06-19, 4:33 am
What's the draw? You got to ask yourself If I were a card carrying member of the ABC what would make me want to come out to meet? Besides training together at a decent gym. Catered food? Mini seminars by one of our athletes? Exclusive personalized T shirts with chapter and moniker on it? Raffles? You got to make our guys feel like there part of something special. Has anyone ever sent out a questionaire about this shit? How much does corporate shell out for the Arnold every year? Like I used to say when I managed my gyms "You got to spend a few pennies to make a lot of dollars"!

Rex
01-06-19, 7:05 am
It is people who just accept defeat because it is hard to win. So what if social media is taking up most of the efforts... I like the forum. Yes, the forum is not booming but the content is solid. I would rather have a few grams of gold than a ton of shit.

That´s a damn good quote.

Rex
01-06-19, 7:08 am
The word revolution was used in a way to state- keep things going in the right direction and to stand strong against others that say the forum is dying. It will be what we make it...if you don't water a flower is will probably die but if we care for it, it will grow and be great.

That´s EXACTLY what I said. Let´s do it then.

Cellardweller
01-06-19, 3:52 pm
What's the draw? You got to ask yourself If I were a card carrying member of the ABC what would make me want to come out to meet? Besides training together at a decent gym. Catered food? Mini seminars by one of our athletes? Exclusive personalized T shirts with chapter and moniker on it? Raffles? You got to make our guys feel like there part of something special. Has anyone ever sent out a questionaire about this shit? How much does corporate shell out for the Arnold every year? Like I used to say when I managed my gyms "You got to spend a few pennies to make a lot of dollars"!

The draw of an ABC is the people. We all talk on the FORVM and the ABC is a chance to actually meet each other. I have driven 6 hours to train with guys from the FORVM, ate and had a beer with them somewhere after and drove 6 hours back home. I flew out to Texas to visit family and arranged to train with one brother from the FORVM while there. That’s Animal. Not to meet some sponsored guy. Not for freebies. Not for exclusives. Just regular guys. Us. If I seem whiny because there are so few of us, well, that’s why. The FORVM is more than a message board.

spartan300
01-06-19, 8:09 pm
The draw of an ABC is the people. We all talk on the FORVM and the ABC is a chance to actually meet each other. I have driven 6 hours to train with guys from the FORVM, ate and had a beer with them somewhere after and drove 6 hours back home. I flew out to Texas to visit family and arranged to train with one brother from the FORVM while there. That’s Animal. Not to meet some sponsored guy. Not for freebies. Not for exclusives. Just regular guys. Us. If I seem whiny because there are so few of us, well, that’s why. The FORVM is more than a message board.How's that working out for you so far?

Cellardweller
01-06-19, 9:24 pm
How's that working out for you so far?

I wouldn’t waste my time driving anywhere to meet you

spartan300
01-06-19, 11:34 pm
; )

spartan300
01-06-19, 11:35 pm
; )

GunRock
01-07-19, 7:00 am

Hey Cell,

I'm just seeing this (because I'm just now able to get back to posting regularly.) I'm sure others have chimed in but for what it's worth, I went to the Olympia Expo for the first time last year. I don't know about the bodybuilding show itself but the Expo was pretty lame. The one thing that made going to the 2018 Olympia Expo not a total bust (besides that awesome Ethiopian restaurant my wife found for us to eat at in Vegas) was walking past the Animal/Universal booth and being welcomed with open arms by JDawg, Mass and naturalguy. I saw some other people there I "knew" from social media but it was like seeing family.

That simple interaction played a huge part in making me double down on what I've got going on so I could get back on here and start posting again. Going to eat with everybody at BDs on Friday night after the Arnold. All of that is huge.

As for the ABCs; it's frustrating to set them up because the majority of the people in our region only want to come if we've got somebody like Pete doing a seminar. I get the appeal of being able to learn from athletes of his caliber but it's not like the first time I went to the National ABC in 2013 and had such an awesome experience that I hated to leave Columbus even with a major snowstorm on the way.

I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix things; from a business standpoint, the company has to grow and change or they won't be able to afford to do all of the stuff they do for us; sponsor the athletes we enjoy hanging out with, etc.

All I can do personally is come back myself and go back to what I was doing; posting and interacting. So I that's what I'm doing.

spartan300
01-07-19, 10:30 am
Hey Cell,

I'm just seeing this (because I'm just now able to get back to posting regularly.) I'm sure others have chimed in but for what it's worth, I went to the Olympia Expo for the first time last year. I don't know about the bodybuilding show itself but the Expo was pretty lame. The one thing that made going to the 2018 Olympia Expo not a total bust (besides that awesome Ethiopian restaurant my wife found for us to eat at in Vegas) was walking past the Animal/Universal booth and being welcomed with open arms by JDawg, Mass and naturalguy. I saw some other people there I "knew" from social media but it was like seeing family.

That simple interaction played a huge part in making me double down on what I've got going on so I could get back on here and start posting again. Going to eat with everybody at BDs on Friday night after the Arnold. All of that is huge.

As for the ABCs; it's frustrating to set them up because the majority of the people in our region only want to come if we've got somebody like Pete doing a seminar. I get the appeal of being able to learn from athletes of his caliber but it's not like the first time I went to the National ABC in 2013 and had such an awesome experience that I hated to leave Columbus even with a major snowstorm on the way.

I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix things; from a business standpoint, the company has to grow and change or they won't be able to afford to do all of the stuff they do for us; sponsor the athletes we enjoy hanging out with, etc.

All I can do personally is come back myself and go back to what I was doing; posting and interacting. So I that's what I'm doing.its about time G rock! ; )

spartan300
01-07-19, 10:33 am
To see what falls out ; )

Bean
01-07-19, 11:17 am
The draw of an ABC is the people. We all talk on the FORVM and the ABC is a chance to actually meet each other. I have driven 6 hours to train with guys from the FORVM, ate and had a beer with them somewhere after and drove 6 hours back home. I flew out to Texas to visit family and arranged to train with one brother from the FORVM while there. That’s Animal. Not to meet some sponsored guy. Not for freebies. Not for exclusives. Just regular guys. Us. If I seem whiny because there are so few of us, well, that’s why. The FORVM is more than a message board.

I hear you... I have never made it to an ABC event just because of location. But if I happened to be in Spartans neck of the woods and arranged to hit arms with him or hit chest with another brother on here...that would be rad. It would strengthen a bond, put a face to the posts, and just be an all around cool thing to do. I know one day I will make it out to the Arnold, see some crazy lifts, do an ABC out there, and grab a seat at the table for one of those awesome dinners at the all you can eat Brazilian spot I read about on here but just because I have not made it there yet doesn't make me sad. All good things come in time. And in all honesty, I probably wouldn't care much for a sponsor bag of goodies or a free shirt that doesn't fit...just being there would be good enough. ( I usually give those goodie bags away from any event I go to)

Altered Beast
01-07-19, 12:08 pm
That´s a damn good quote.

Agreed!

Hey Cell,

All I can do personally is come back myself and go back to what I was doing; posting and interacting. So I that's what I'm doing.

Good to see you back around these parts!

Altered Beast
01-07-19, 12:09 pm
I hear you... I have never made it to an ABC event just because of location. But if I happened to be in Spartans neck of the woods and arranged to hit arms with him or hit chest with another brother on here...that would be rad. It would strengthen a bond, put a face to the posts, and just be an all around cool thing to do. I know one day I will make it out to the Arnold, see some crazy lifts, do an ABC out there, and grab a seat at the table for one of those awesome dinners at the all you can eat Brazilian spot I read about on here but just because I have not made it there yet doesn't make me sad. All good things come in time. And in all honesty, I probably wouldn't care much for a sponsor bag of goodies or a free shirt that doesn't fit...just being there would be good enough. ( I usually give those goodie bags away from any event I go to)

Personally, if I were to go to another one it would simply be just to train and have fun. I honestly don't care about shit else. Loud trash metal, weights and fellow gents who love hoisting heavy iron! That to me, is an event. I don't care to hear people speak unless I'm sitting down at a table with a beer talking one on one. They don't hold back when it's one on one and you get the true good stuff that way!

Just my two cents.

spartan300
01-07-19, 1:18 pm
I hear you... I have never made it to an ABC event just because of location. But if I happened to be in Spartans neck of the woods and arranged to hit arms with him or hit chest with another brother on here...that would be rad. It would strengthen a bond, put a face to the posts, and just be an all around cool thing to do. I know one day I will make it out to the Arnold, see some crazy lifts, do an ABC out there, and grab a seat at the table for one of those awesome dinners at the all you can eat Brazilian spot I read about on here but just because I have not made it there yet doesn't make me sad. All good things come in time. And in all honesty, I probably wouldn't care much for a sponsor bag of goodies or a free shirt that doesn't fit...just being there would be good enough. ( I usually give those goodie bags away from any event I go to)I actually am Spartan. When I sponsored a gym event I considered myself to be the HOST. WHEN YOU COME TO MY HOME YOU ARE MY FUCKING GUEST! YOU EAT ON MY DIME, YOU DRINK ON MY DIME! I had t shirts AND BANNERS printed up to commemorate the event. But that's the way I fucking roll! It was nothing to spend $1200 out of my own pocket. This was back in the 80's when i had the energy to put together an event similar to an ABC.

Bean
01-07-19, 1:39 pm
Personally, if I were to go to another one it would simply be just to train and have fun. I honestly don't care about shit else. Loud trash metal, weights and fellow gents who love hoisting heavy iron! That to me, is an event. I don't care to hear people speak unless I'm sitting down at a table with a beer talking one on one. They don't hold back when it's one on one and you get the true good stuff that way!

Just my two cents.

Thats my favorite thing...get a great lift in and then go grab a beer on a patio somewhere and shoot the shit.

Bean
01-07-19, 1:42 pm
I actually am Spartan. When I sponsored a gym event I considered myself to be the HOST. WHEN YOU COME TO MY HOME YOU ARE MY FUCKING GUEST! YOU EAT ON MY DIME, YOU DRINK ON MY DIME! I had t shirts AND BANNERS printed up to commemorate the event. But that's the way I fucking roll! It was nothing to spend $1200 out of my own pocket. This was back in the 80's when i had the energy to put together an event similar to an ABC.

I hear ya...I want people to enjoy the event I am hosting. The experience is different for everyone. that is the great thing about it. Some just want to lift, others wants to meet people, and others like the swag. People come together for different reasons but at the end of the day they are all together

GunRock
01-08-19, 12:12 am
its about time G rock! ; )

Yeah I agree. Feels good seeing all of you guys posting; I know participation in the Forum is down, we were talking about that right before I left. I will say that the Forum t-shirts were a great idea that I joined too late to get (I came in 2012). I wore my ABC t-shirts until they wore out and we added them to a t-shirt quilt we had made for us this Christmas.

I think regular posting by everyone is what will attract people to stick around when they give it a shot. There are forums being created all of the time, they're usually just centered around a particular training method and I don't think Facebook groups will last. Facebook is annoying. If I didn't need it for my business, I would have deleted my account a looong time ago.

I'll be at the National ABC in Columbus and POSSIBLY at the one after the Olympia (my brother is hoping to qualify again for the strongman comp. If he doesn't qualify, then I won't be there but I will be at the Arnold regardless.)

GunRock
01-08-19, 12:13 am
Agreed!

Good to see you back around these parts!

Yeah Brother. It's good to BE back!

Altered Beast
01-08-19, 1:37 pm
Thats my favorite thing...get a great lift in and then go grab a beer on a patio somewhere and shoot the shit.

Throw in some pulled pork sammy's and some slaw and you've got the perfect event (post-lifting)! Lol! Had a few home cooked ones last night and they were A W E S O M E !

Bean
01-08-19, 2:48 pm
Throw in some pulled pork sammy's and some slaw and you've got the perfect event (post-lifting)! Lol! Had a few home cooked ones last night and they were A W E S O M E !

I am with you 100%

npcdusty
01-08-19, 4:54 pm
Oh Spartan to funny. Its all in good fun man. You have to understand I am a very understanding and lovable person. I like the moniker... I know when I have done ABC here, Animal sent me a ton of stuff and I mean a ton. Shirts for 30+, dvds, supps, a big banner etc that I had ever one sign that came and then left for the gym to hang on the wall. I def would say they spend a few! The National ABC is catered every year and we always have to much. However I see what you are saying. It def comes to our hands though, if you want a ABC you need to get involved and thrown one in your area if you don't have a coordinator. That's what I did and it worked out great. I would say Let corp know and go from there...

Cellardweller
01-08-19, 11:17 pm
Hey Cell,

Yes, the “people” need freebies and pro demonstrations. I see them as secondary to the Legion meeting up. The “people” can come out and meet us, see what we’re about and join us to grow the Animal Legion. Everyone here says they’re here for the no BS knowledge and brotherhood. We’re not in it for freebies.

My first ABC I drove out to the corner where Michigan and Indiana meet to a Gold’s where I met Ghost, Nixor, Phil and 2 other guys. That’s it. I hardly said anything LOL. I didn’t know what to expect. What impressed me was watching Nix teach his nephew I think it was, how to bench. Sold. I’m in for life now. That’s Animal. Not some IG giveaway.

GunRock
01-09-19, 12:31 am
Yes, the “people” need freebies and pro demonstrations. I see them as secondary to the Legion meeting up. The “people” can come out and meet us, see what we’re about and join us to grow the Animal Legion. Everyone here says they’re here for the no BS knowledge and brotherhood. We’re not in it for freebies.

My first ABC I drove out to the corner where Michigan and Indiana meet to a Gold’s where I met Ghost, Nixor, Phil and 2 other guys. That’s it. I hardly said anything LOL. I didn’t know what to expect. What impressed me was watching Nix teach his nephew I think it was, how to bench. Sold. I’m in for life now. That’s Animal. Not some IG giveaway.

Yeah but that's my point. I set up multiple ABCs in Georgia and we only had one actual Georgia ABC member show up. Reg had been a member since the founding of the ABC but everyone else he said had stopped coming after they finished college.

I tried to revive the ABC in Georgia and maybe I just didn't do it right, but we only had good attendance when either Pete or Leanna Carr were there.

Nmowery
01-16-19, 8:37 pm
Damn, I somehow was late to hearing this news...but I feel like the writing was kind of on the wall. Between splitting with his girl, moving to FL, selling his own apparel and not competing anymore, it seemed like his path was just headed in a different direction, similar to Brandon lily and some of the other guys in the past.

scrawn2brawn
01-19-19, 6:25 pm
Wanted to say Thanks Frank for everything you have done. I hope the best for you.

Altered Beast
01-22-19, 1:01 pm
The man is going into business for himself! He no longer has time to dedicate to a sponsor and pursuing BBing professionally. Go Wrath!!! I support 110%.