01-08-19, 10:06 pm
and why
To follow on from "Do you train alone?"
Is it programed or instinctive?
Is it goal driven or arbitrary?
etc

Cellardweller
01-08-19, 11:29 pm
I’m using 5/3/1 for my main lifts. I like it because you can auto regulate. On a 5+ day you can do the minimum 5 reps or you can rep as many as you can with the prescribed weight. It gives me rep goals each session and steady progress. I’ve done other programs in the past, but I always come back to 5/3/1 because of its simplicity.

0RiFt0
01-08-19, 11:40 pm
I’m using 5/3/1 for my main lifts. I like it because you can auto regulate. On a 5+ day you can do the minimum 5 reps or you can rep as many as you can with the prescribed weight. It gives me rep goals each session and steady progress. I’ve done other programs in the past, but I always come back to 5/3/1 because of its simplicity.

Simplicity is great and so is having specific goals in my opinion.

GunRock
01-09-19, 5:01 am
I started out basically Bro lifting, then started to train to support my martial arts training. Then I started training for powerlifting. Now I train daily.

Sessions look like:

Cardio
Shadowbox
Squat
Push alternating between horizontal and vertical every day
Pull
Hinge
Carry
Cardio
Mobility

Sounds repetitive but I'm rotating the lifts and staying in the 70-75% range, reps between 3-6 on most lifts, occasionally go as high as 12 reps where the weight isn't heavy enough to be 70%.

I repeat each specific lift every 14 days and add weight every time I repeat an exercise.

Sounds complicated but it works. Haven't been sore and the weight on the bar keeps going up.

Bean
01-09-19, 3:44 pm
I pick a body part and have a plan to attack it...lately I have been watching some of CT fletchers things to come up with crazy sets or lift combos. I lift because I want to live longer and it makes me feel when I put in good work in the gym. Its almost like I earned the right to sit on my ass and have a beer after a great gym session. Maybe that's why I lift 6 days a week.

ChrisTuttle
01-10-19, 6:56 am
6 days split (have a plan set but changes based on aches and pains and recovery)
Prefer training alone but do train with clients when I can.
Rep range 6-10

BigChrisF
01-11-19, 7:11 pm
I've done a lot of different training styles over the years with different purposes in mind or sometimes just out of ignorance. Right now I probably would best describe my training style as "lost alone in the woods after dark".

Bean
01-14-19, 2:48 pm
I've done a lot of different training styles over the years with different purposes in mind or sometimes just out of ignorance. Right now I probably would best describe my training style as "lost alone in the woods after dark".

You are not alone...keep a look out for Frost.

Nmowery
01-16-19, 8:19 pm
...angry!

For real tho, I usually have a general idea of what I’m going to do, as far as exercises/volume/weight...but then will adjust it to how things feel when I get to lifting.

WeeMan
10-01-21, 9:46 am
and why
To follow on from "Do you train alone?"
Is it programed or instinctive?
Is it goal driven or arbitrary?
etc

Programmed, with distinct goals in mind. If you don't have a goal or a plan to reach that goal you really are just punching air.