PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Combos

Cellardweller
01-16-19, 3:50 pm
So what do you guys and gals like to superset? Bis and tris are a no brainer but is there specific things you like to pair up?

How about:

Squats and deads

Leg press and hack squat

Bean
01-16-19, 4:50 pm
I did chest and tri's as well as back and bi's. But I recently got away from that.

Cellardweller
01-16-19, 6:47 pm
I did chest and tri's as well as back and bi's. But I recently got away from that.

Got specifics? Looking to spice things up some. I feel like I’m doing the same shit all the time.

Nmowery
01-16-19, 8:13 pm
HA! I just posted in my journey thread for the first time in months, and mentioned I’ve been doing workouts based around 5x10 compound supersets.

Flat bench/dips or incline/decline press for push days, squat/lunges or deadlifts/bulgarian squats for legs, pull-ups/machine rows or free weight rows/lat pulls for back. Do 5 sets, 10 reps of each and then follow with a few sets of accessory work, and that’s all she wrote!

Edit: I’ll also add that I was constantly changing variations of compound lifts, and would lower weight to hit all reps if needed. If I had to take off weight for any one exercise, the next time I did it I’d try to get the full 5x10...after doing so, I’d go heavier the next time.

Bean
01-17-19, 11:58 am
Got specifics? Looking to spice things up some. I feel like I’m doing the same shit all the time.

In the past... 10 reps on bench then hop over to tri press down and do 12-15 reps and that is one set. We would also do close grip with side rope tri extensions ( unsure what they are really called). However, now we are doing large sets of 100 or 200 on a body part. Ex- incline bench set at 3, curl bar hooked up to cable as low as it goes and doing overhead incline tri extensions, 20 reps each weight, 10 different weights. Starting weight is usually two plates under normal mid to heavy set weight and the partner picks any weight at any time under that weight for the next 9 weights picked. obviously gaging the progress of the person lifting to adjust the weight where they see fit. Size of the muscle is increasing, strength is increasing, and muscle stamina is increasing. We do this with all the body parts with several different variations to mix things up week to week. Don't know if it helped but just sharing

ChrisTuttle
01-18-19, 6:20 am
So what do you guys and gals like to superset? Bis and tris are a no brainer but is there specific things you like to pair up?

How about:

Squats and deads

Leg press and hack squat

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squats to failure (form dependant) super set with walking lunges. SUPER HARD
Seated cable rows to failure super set with Deadlifts
Chest flyes super set with DB presses

Those were my favorite

Bean
01-18-19, 11:26 am
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squats to failure (form dependant) super set with walking lunges. SUPER HARD
Seated cable rows to failure super set with Deadlifts
Chest flyes super set with DB presses

Those were my favorite

They sound brutal... but it makes the muscle grow

MRmichael.hooker
01-22-19, 3:11 pm
2 supersets that use to always crush me-

3x
Leg press - rest pause for 85 reps
Leg extensions - triple drop till failure

3x
Squats- triple drop till failure
Sissy squats- 15-20

balius
03-08-19, 1:40 pm
Supersetting squats and deads sounds rough on your lower back, and just a lot of compression on your spine.

I'd rather superset deads with pull-ups, or something that is going to decompress my spine a bit between the sets of deads.

Right now I'm only doing supersets on my arm day. Barbell curls with reverse grip curls, and then rope triceps extensions with dumbbell or cable kickbacks. Same muscle group rather than antagonistic groups like you're taking about with bis/tris together.

Cellardweller
03-12-19, 11:56 am
Last week I did tag-a-longs with everything after my military press. Ended up being 17 sets of lateral raises.

Today I super set lat pull downs and machine preacher curls

Nmowery
03-14-19, 7:05 pm
Last week I did tag-a-longs with everything after my military press. Ended up being 17 sets of lateral raises.

Today I super set lat pull downs and machine preacher curls

Ever superset back and bis for an entire workout?? Do like 12 sets of pulling and rowing, with curls in between - that shit is torturous!

Bean
03-15-19, 10:25 am
Ever superset back and bis for an entire workout?? Do like 12 sets of pulling and rowing, with curls in between - that shit is torturous!

Brutal...not to mention the way the forearms feel constantly gripping. Ther best thing about this thread is getting new ideas of how to kill myself and the guys I work out with.